Page 51 of 833 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I need her and Storm to team up. Like please!
    Yep maybe she will share tricks with ororo whom I still do not believe cant create a damn elemental being

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Oh nah man bobby deserves the development and top notch one at that. He has gotten the shortend of the stick when it comes to character for soo long that this would be a deserved break. The thing we are crying about is not a bobby specific but rather an issue with marvel where storm has had that angle since she was introduced but that has barely if ever been explored only being taken seriously by the bp office.

The xoffice likes to use her being worshiped as a goddess to explain or at least infer that she is a haughty character it has been the case for soo long that it feels like the entire thing is a deliberately meticulated thing. I am very sure that when dr strange inferred and tied her blood to the elder goddess osthur and Coates made her godhead cannon they were spiraling hard. Yet we get anyone and their mother becoming a god every other week... infact we have gotten legion, Matthew Malloy, franklin Richard's, Jean grey, hope summers, wolverine, marquis of death Nate grey and a whole host of many others as gods of having storylines dedicated to their godliness but the only xmen with true divinity is still not having any of that from her office.

After ewing I hope they move storm to another office and have her be in dr strange or bp full time cause her divinity as established by coates is even more core to her than her imitation and is something she shares with her family and ancestors.
    Good points, and I can totally understand that frustration. Question for you: since one of the ideas behind the resurrection protocols originally was kinda like....tying consciousness to proof of the soul, like consciousness is the seat of identity and personality, the essence of a being, and that is inherently soul-like.....like, that got me thinking about what you and jwatson were discussing pages back about what IS weather and how all it can manifest. Jwatson I believe is the one who brought up the Newuniversal book's concept of the Superflow, which is basically like....the plane of existence that all ideas and consciousness and dreams are born from....with it being said that the Superflow has its own kind of weather, which manifests in the physical world as like the current zeitgeist or spirit of the people, cultural consciousness or themes.

So my question is, what do you think about say, tying Storm's divinity to the idea that in this era where mutants are exploring the very connections between consciousness and the soul....here is this divine figure and omega mutant capable of controlling weather, and like, the otherworldly place where minds and dreams are made from, like literally interprets weather as the pulse of a people, the driving beats of cultural consciousness. Ugh, its 2 am here and I'm not as coherent about this admittedly super metaphysical idea as I'd like to be, but I'm just spitballing here.....something I find really interesting about Storm's godhead is her being a weather goddess in specific, because across the world and throughout history, pretty much every pantheon I can think of, no matter what other gods they have, gods of life and death and fire and light and and forests and war, etc, etc.....a curious commonality is there's something about the way people have always looked at the sky, the heavens, at weather and storms, and said if there's a god of that stuff, THAT god would obviously be the one in charge, the king/queen of the gods. Humanity's always tended to look at the skies and say the sky god or goddess is invariably the one who would come first or lead all other gods....like the sky is the embodiment of higher powers. Of heaven, the future, evolution all of that. The sky's what we look at and say this is where dreams come from, this is what has most often driven creativity and inspired people throughout the ages.....and I'm curious about the potential to tie Storm's essence as a SKY goddess specifically, to like....various explorations of the soul, dreams, zeitgeists, all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Good points, and I can totally understand that frustration. Question for you: since one of the ideas behind the resurrection protocols originally was kinda like....tying consciousness to proof of the soul, like consciousness is the seat of identity and personality, the essence of a being, and that is inherently soul-like.....like, that got me thinking about what you and jwatson were discussing pages back about what IS weather and how all it can manifest. Jwatson I believe is the one who brought up the Newuniversal book's concept of the Superflow, which is basically like....the plane of existence that all ideas and consciousness and dreams are born from....with it being said that the Superflow has its own kind of weather, which manifests in the physical world as like the current zeitgeist or spirit of the people, cultural consciousness or themes.

So my question is, what do you think about say, tying Storm's divinity to the idea that in this era where mutants are exploring the very connections between consciousness and the soul....here is this divine figure and omega mutant capable of controlling weather, and like, the otherworldly place where minds and dreams are made from, like literally interprets weather as the pulse of a people, the driving beats of cultural consciousness. Ugh, its 2 am here and I'm not as coherent about this admittedly super metaphysical idea as I'd like to be, but I'm just spitballing here.....something I find really interesting about Storm's godhead is her being a weather goddess in specific, because across the world and throughout history, pretty much every pantheon I can think of, no matter what other gods they have, gods of life and death and fire and light and and forests and war, etc, etc.....a curious commonality is there's something about the way people have always looked at the sky, the heavens, at weather and storms, and said if there's a god of that stuff, THAT god would obviously be the one in charge, the king/queen of the gods. Humanity's always tended to look at the skies and say the sky god or goddess is invariably the one who would come first or lead all other gods....like the sky is the embodiment of higher powers. Of heaven, the future, evolution all of that. The sky's what we look at and say this is where dreams come from, this is what has most often driven creativity and inspired people throughout the ages.....and I'm curious about the potential to tie Storm's essence as a SKY goddess specifically, to like....various explorations of the soul, dreams, zeitgeists, all of that.
    Ohk first wow, this mist be one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read in this site. And yes you are on the monet about everything. What is interesting to me is the regent seat of arakko being the seat of the people the culture the land. And having two votes one for the ring member and one for arakko and it's people and in effect for sol and its people as storm reigns over the entire solar system.

The superflow is a very interesting concept the space between all universes and possibly the entire meta verse as DC even seems to have it too (I know marvel sort of copied it from them lol). It is the realm of the aspects, the place where universal and multiveraal concepts can be made manifest in totality and can be engaged in combat. And on that level combat is a metaphor everything is. It's all about ideas and the idea that wins would influence the zeitgeist of the universe. The combat or debate or dance is what makes weather in the superflow and this weather influences the zeitgeist. Warping reality in multiple universes can cause storms in the superflow.

It is really meta in concept and I find it difficult to wrap my head fully around it too, but when you said that the sky/weather god is almost always given the mantle of the supreme being or deity of a pantheon it suddenly made sense. I mean all the various mythologies I can think of has the sky/weather god as their head honcho even though we have gods who preside over concepts such as life, death and even magic, reality, chaos etc.... why is the god of heaven/ weather/sky the supreme being? What is weather in its truest sense metaphysically. When we say the atmosphere of a place we are sometimes talking of the mood of the place the invisible tension the spirit or total consciousness of a place. When we say the debate was stormy we simply mean chaotic/violent.

The sky is the vault of heaven... it holds mysteries and holds the very essence of the infinite the earth though great is finite, the sea is confined though vast, but the sky literally is boundless. The firmament if you will. The arakkii omegas are referred to as gods the great ring is essentially a pantheon. I think that is the angle ewing is going with seeing as even legion of x refers to Orra serata as an arakkii god and tarn calls himself a god or is referred to as as one.

I really want to know your perspectives on this cause I have been seeing your posts and they are very deep and thoughful... infact too deep for this site. I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I personally don't see this as something bad. From what I can see in this frame, this robot or creature or w/e it is taking control over Ororo's powers and sending her flying across the mountain. I wouldn't have problems with that since I can see Storm being thrown away into an air current when someone takes over her powers or duplicate them or something like that. We've seen that exact same thing happening in X-Men Evolution when Rogue had Storm's powers. Just it was a smaller cut. I am not sure what's are peoples problem with this one, but I can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I remember Gillen retweeting XMR and saying, "This is a beast of a book." Anyway, I hope he handled the storm better This time.
    I was going to say the same thing. It has been a while since Gillen has written Storm, maybe his perception of her has changed. Ewing did write quite the powerful Storm in SWORD, and if he got the chance to pre-read Ewing's story, I am pretty sure that he got inspired by it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    While i still enjoy the marvels and overall think it was a good issue yeah, i can't wank that scene with Storm after each other person got taken down in a tactile way. The only way i can wank it is she didn't have enough time to adjust but even that is a bit far fetched given the ways he could have had her taken out. It says to me he either has not followed most of her recent stories or her solo or i don't know i'd have to see if the script specifically said electricity because it does seem off when he could have used so many options, so yeah. Also some of the dialogue was a bit, dated? Like Lady lotus talking about how american women want women to be humble. like girl, you need to come for a visit. lol

One offense i can't let go though is he has two of the best theives in the world on this team and those are the restraints chosen. I wonder if there is a metaness hidden in here because yeah i don't want to use the word sloppy. I meant granted Storm was incapacitated but felicia (Blackcat) stuck in a standard looking prison cage. come on now. lol

edit: but it was still a 7.5/10 for me. just fun old school type of team up. i mean the open space line was a little annoying too but eh. i look forward to the next issue. this is the x-cellent i guess are my nostalgia fun so i don't know if i should be recommending either because i just like them cause i do and i don't really get the same sort of feeling that they are trying to be more than just what they are so it's cool. lol
    Yeah, I agree, the new issue of The Marvels was indeed good. It was well written, I liked the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I've heard that Xoffice has plans to explore Bobby's divinity (possibly in a solo series)... That's fine with him, but what about Storm? *sanding the nail*
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Well it can only mean good things for storm because of they are going to do a modern divinity story for bobby and still not explore storm divinity it definitely addes credence to it's better to be gay and white (and i do know how that can sound but think about what i am actually saying to those who this will offend) than black and anything and i hate to say it but sometimes just just got to say what it will look like. Maybe it will be explored together in x-men red though. who knows.
    As a hardcore Bobby stan I'm just saying I do not see any indication that's in the pipeline unless there's been inferences made because he beat up frost giants that usually fight Thor in the final issue of Marauders? *Shrugs* Idk, but even if that's what that's based on I think that would be more just an exploration of his power levels than anything else. I'm pretty sure I've read every issue Bobby's ever showed up in, lol, and I will be first in line to say umm wtf if they do pull an actual 'divinity' angle for him specifically.

As has been discussed a lot in this particular thread, divinity carries specific connotations and isn't just a matter of power, and all Bobby's top tier stories I can think of, delving into his ultimate potential, like they still just examine him as a being of enormous elemental power, the potential equivalent of someone like the father of the frost giants Ymir - who while a mythological figure has never actually been WORSHIPPED to any degree....a key element of divinity.

LOL sorry I just don't want Storm and Iceman fans to feel pitted against each other based on the idea of a god Bobby arc.....I want good things for my fave always, lol, but I 100% do not believe there's any danger of him beating Storm to any kind of godhood storyline. I mean if that ends up happening, I'll happily eat some crow and cape for it like a fool with massive apologies to Storm fans for turning on a dime and being a total hypocrite, fhalkfhklfhalkfa (no I'm kidding, I swear, I won't actually do that, at most I'll just be like damn, can't believe my crystal ball failed me like this, but yeah we don't actually need a story like that IMO), I just don't see it as likely.
    I am happy for bobby honestly we need more gay gods in comics and especially one on the mutants side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    My problem isn't with Bobby, it's with the writers, the way they treat Storm Iceman about deities is different (I know they've both had a hard time) but it infuriates me that Xoffice has an easier time accepting and approving the Iceman's divinity (which is also very underdeveloped), than Storm (without telling the stories with the damn Stormcaster)

I've also read a few times from the X Mens Fandom itself that Iceman was more God than Storm, for being "immortal" and being more powerful (haters lol)

I read it in a Brazilian article, but in the last issue of Marauders #27, it shows that Bobby is adventuring, to test his powers, discovering his limits, in Niffleheim (if I'm not mistaken, realm of the Frost Giants), and in a comic a little old it is said that Bobby in the future he will take Ymir's place.
    I have to say that I am intrigued by the possibility of Bobby becoming a God or having such a storyline. I am a huge supporter of the guy, he is like me just looking better. I can't wait to read such a story and explore Bobby, even more, power-wise and personality-wise.

I think you are mistaken my dear I only see drizzle talking. That must be storms cousin from the fox xmen franchise. She needs open air to do stuff basic stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    LMAO! Never that, Jwat.

But I do think that most of them would be more effective outside which to his credit I'm glad Busiek had Aero agree. I'd also throw Torch in that group too.

Obviously we know Storm is perfectly capable of using her powers in small spaces. Hell I'm sure you know her feats better than I do so I wont insult you by posting scans of her operating in tighter spaces than this.
    I do agree, even though I didn't see that panel so negatively as some of you did. Storm was right, she could be so much more effective outside but I do know that she has quite the feats inclosure spaces. However, I do want to point out that they were deep under the ground, not just some random building that can be torn apart. You have to keep in mind that if Storm unleashes her hurricane powers inside that room so deep underground, she will bury herself and everyone else in that room in miles of rubbles that could potentially kill them. I see this reaction of her quite logical, the same goes for Aero.

I must say that your mind works interestingly, you think on a much deeper plane than most of the people in this forum (no offences meant guys). I would like to see that happening, let's not forget that Hickman established worshippers of mutants, who are normal humans in his books. I do think that they are aiming exactly for a Pantheon of Mutants at one point and they just cultivate the roots for that establishment. I can see several Omega Mutants who can be like gods, but I would like to see Storm being indeed their head and leader since she was first to be introduced to such a power. I mean true divinity, not even Jean Grey had such reference anywhere, but her powers as the Phoenix were considered divine but they were Phoenix powers not her own. So Storm is pretty much the first mutant with real divine powers of godhood. However, knowing Marvel and their racism, I think that they will make Magneto the head God if such Pantheon is Established, just wait for it. I am not even sure why they love so much their Magneto, Professor X and Jean Grey, I am pretty sure they will be three leading deities if such a Pantheon is Established even though such role will be much more suitable for Storm, considering her powers and that she was the first god in the mutantdom.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I must say that your mind works interestingly, you think on a much deeper plane than most of the people in this forum (no offences meant guys). I would like to see that happening, let's not forget that Hickman established worshippers of mutants, who are normal humans in his books. I do think that they are aiming exactly for a Pantheon of Mutants at one point and they just cultivate the roots for that establishment. I can see several Omega Mutants who can be like gods, but I would like to see Storm being indeed their head and leader since she was first to be introduced to such a power. I mean true divinity, not even Jean Grey had such reference anywhere, but her powers as the Phoenix were considered divine but they were Phoenix powers not her own. So Storm is pretty much the first mutant with real divine powers of godhood. However, knowing Marvel and their racism, I think that they will make Magneto the head God if such Pantheon is Established, just wait for it. I am not even sure why they love so much their Magneto, Professor X and Jean Grey, I am pretty sure they will be three leading deities if such a Pantheon is Established even though such role will be much more suitable for Storm, considering her powers and that she was the first god in the mutantdom.
    Ikr! That user has got some head on their shoulder.

If they do do that and make anyone other than storm the only actual god and mutant, there would be chaos on well...everywhere. I believe if they have that plan they would put storm in charge or at least I am praying it is so. After all storm has started realizing arakko needs more than a queen.

And I could see that happening... I mean that would give meaning to Duggans statement about storm being the omegas omega. She has a godhead something no other mutant has and can literally get divine power from prayer and worship. I think if they go that direction by making it an omega deification circuit by which the omegas become actual gods with storm's godhead being the source of divinity essentially making a mutant pantheon, with hadari yao as the skymother. That would be such a cool concept to explore. And will neatly tie together her divinity and her mutation. And give mutants access to places and councils like tge hall of omnipotence and tge council of godheads.

It was explored in an alternate reality where storm was the all mother and supreme ruler of all the gods with thor as her consort. She stated that she had the power to make other beings gods with but a touch.

Osthur also has this quality but she gets more power the more power she gives out and the more others believe in her. Hadari yao has yet to demonstrate this.

If this really happens it will finally fulfill the dream of Cockrum, lein and Claremont... who created, designed storm with the vision of her being the most powerful woman in comics not in mutant stuff but in moving the hearts and minds of others.
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-04-2022 at 01:57 AM.

You have said many sensible things and the one I took most to heart was the benefit of doubt you gave gillen. I believe you are right maybe now he has a new form of appreciation for the character or by seeing his friend Ewing's love for storm, has given him a more nuanced perspective on her. Once bitten twice shy is what lead to my deep hesitation for his work in immortal and in judgement day... but I will wait to see where the chips lie before making my judgement on weather he is a terrible storm writer or not. Hopefully its the later this time.

Astonishing Member

Okay, lemme finish writing up all the thoughts I've had buzzing today cuz of this thread, but I will say again the idea of a mutant pantheon could be cool as hell, but it only works if Storm's the lead in to it and head of it because like we said, pantheons are ALWAYS led by a sky god and there's so many metaphysical reasons for that. But specifically what I'm thinking about now is one of the core aspects of gods in various mythologies AND something exhibited by multiple omega mutants is the idea of a multiplicity of the self. That thing where gods are bigger than just the singular individual they often present themselves as, and they usually have multiple avatars, cycles of life, death and rebirth, can manifest in a variety of forms, stuff like that. Which is reflected in so many omegas like how Jean is often seen as synonymous with the Phoenix who has had multiple hosts and incarnations who could all be said to just be various incarnations of her, if the Phoenix is really just her own ultimate evolution, unmoored from time and space and able to manifest across all of it. Or the way Legion has literally thousands of personalities living in his head, each with their own appearance, identity and powers, and who just created a place on Mars where the Astral Plane can be PHYSICALLY visited by mutants and interacted with.....who's to say he can't give his various personas their own physical incarnations in this Altar place he just created?

Or the way Bobby has been shown controlling dozens of ice golems at a time, and has even spoken through them or in the case of that time traveling Brotherhood storyline accidentally created an ice golem with its own consciousness....add this to the fact that he heals and rebuilds bodies for himself and can even teleport by just dispersing his molecules, expanding his consciousness and making an entirely new body out of water molecules elsewhere on the planet or after his body's been destroyed....theoretically, there's absolutely no reason Bobby shouldn't be able to evolve this aspect of his power to enable literal shapeshifting and something akin to Madrox's dupes.....if he can turn bodies he makes out of ice into physical flesh and blood after he's been destroyed, do those bodies HAVE to be identical replicas of his original one, or can he make them in different shapes and appearances and then transmute those into flesh and blood? If he can split his consciousness among multiple ice golems, and any single one of those ice bodies can be turned into his flesh and blood avatar whenever he wants, is there anything to say he can't turn MULTIPLE golems hosting his consciousness into flesh and blood avatars, not unlike how Jamie Madrox can create dozens of dupes who all go off and do their own tasks independent of each other?

So all of that got me thinking about what if a multiplicity of self was inherent in all omega powersets and a core aspect of what gives them potential to someday be a kind of mutant pantheon......in that case, what would a multiplicity of self look like for Storm specifically, and how would that work?

And then I'm also combining that train of thought with what we were talking about in earlier pages, about the Superflow and Storm possibly having a link to it and the way the vault of heavens and mysteries of the sky often embody the concept of dreams, imagination and just consciousness itself in a lot of mythologies. So now I'm thinking what if another core aspect of being an omega is that all of them seem to either have a connection to other planes of existence, or at least the potential for it....the way Jean is connected to the White Hot Room of Creation, which has also been tapped by other mutants now in order to create mysterium, but is inherently connected to Jean and her various aspects of self in ways that aren't true of any other mutants? And the way Legion is connected to the Astral Plane now via hosting a physical piece of it inside his own mind in a weird, esoteric way that completely reinterprets the very concept of the Astral Plane and how people interact with it? What if the Superflow is the otherdimensional plane Storm is uniquely connected to....thus one omega at a time, building a framework between individual entities and the very structure of the universe in ways not dissimilar to how cosmic entities throughout the Marvel U are both individuals and embodiments/nexus beings for fundamental aspects or places throughout creation?

And you could easily expand this idea too, and not to get graphic but totally pulling all this outta my butt right now so some of these names might be hella cheesy, whatever, just spitballing here....say that there exists a higher plane of existence called like The Map of All Things, that exists as a blueprint for everything that exists in a universe and can be 'read' by someone who can access that plane and interpret or interact with it....like Lactuca the Knower. Or what exactly happens to Bobby's consciousness every time his body is shattered or his flesh and blood form is killed like in Supernovas, BEFORE he puts together a new body for himself? What if each time he gets unmoored from his physical self, his consciousness goes to another plane called something like idk, the Life Lakes, because he's not just an embodiment of ice and death and extinction, he's equally an embodiment of water and fluidity and life itself, since water is the basic building block of life. Like imagine a plane of existence that just looks like an endless horizon full of an infinite number of lakes, some thriving, some frozen over. And each of these lakes are representations of entire species or civilizations of living beings, and the frozen over ones are all the ones that are extinct or have been wiped out, while the non-frozen lakes are linked to every living example of life, a currently existing species or civilization.

And each time Bobby ends up here, not knowing what it is (maybe not even consciously remembering until say, someone like Storm through exploring the connections between omegas and higher reality itself, realizes he must be going somewhere in between each of his deaths and rebirths and helps him remember), like, he ultimately keeps going back to the same lake that he's instinctively linked to as it represents the mutant race, and just merging with its waters and reemerging on the physical plane where he left it and rebuilding a new human body from ambient moisture....BUT once aware of the broader nature of this other-dimensional place he seems connected to and can find his way back to when he wants....he discovers that he can easily travel to alien worlds and build all kinds of avatars by entering any of the other lakes. Making him a mutant pantheon's ultimate guy on the street, the everyman who can embody or simultaneously exist across multiple worlds, experiencing life from all kinds of angles and perspectives.

(continued below cuz I'm a wordy bitch and what about it? LOL)
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 02-04-2022 at 03:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

One of the key things about a lot of Earth's mythologies is they're born in part of people attempting to understand things currently beyond their understanding. People often invent gods to embody concepts or provide explanations for the current mysteries of the universe....and there's still so many philosophical questions to the universe, it makes me interested in what kinds of questions/mysteries a completely brand new modern pantheon would embody or attempt to answer, y'know? Like its a regular thing in fiction to have modern day incarnations of pre-existing pantheons like the Norse or Greek gods, come up with new takes on old gods of fire and death and war......but a potentially really cool thing about a brand new mutant pantheon is the idea that they wouldn't just be rehashes of concepts pre-existing mythologies have all explored in various ways, they'd require inventing entirely new divine concepts to explore or mysteries to unravel.

Take Isca for example. I love her concept and character but hate one aspect of it in particular....the inherent nerfdom aspect of saying she's not TOO uber powerful though and capable of just beating any foe....because she only 'always wins' because if she can't win, she'll just switch sides whether she likes it or not. Like sorry, I kinda get what they were going for with that, the tragic flaw of an allegedly all powerful character kinda thing, but I'm also like mmmm yeah I hate that, thanks. It makes her at the mercy of her own power, rather than in command of it, and how are you going to have an omega level mutant - ESPECIALLY a black woman, like c'mon, Marvel, you gotta THINK about this stuff - whose own mutation says oh btw, its literally impossible for you to ever truly stand for anything, because I'll make you stab your own sister in the back rather than risk you coming across as TOO unbeatable, despite that supposedly being your catch phrase and entire reason for existing.

So I'm like nope, if you were worried the character you created to win every fight she's in would come across as too powerful, sorry not sorry but you should have given her a different power....OR just given her bigger enemies or a more long-lasting threat. I say screw that 'she'll flip and join the winning side rather than win the day all by herself' aspect of her power. Instead I'd love it if they used her omega level powers over luck, chance and fortune, and like.....took it in the divine/pantheon direction to explore philosophical questions we're constantly still asking like why do bad things happen to good people. Or what's 'being lucky' actually mean because like, is it accurate to say someone's lucky for surviving a car accident, if it could be argued that if they were ACTUALLY all that lucky, they just never would have been in the accident at all?

Imagine instead if Isca's omega power and nature linked her innately to a higher plane of existence called something like, idk, the Eternal Battlefield. Like picture a place where every single possible flip of the coin, every instance where things can go two different ways, one 'good' and one 'bad,' like for each moment in the physical plane where a twist of chance can determine something like whether someone survives a car crash or dies from it.....imagine if there's a higher plane of existence where each of these crux moments, each of these potential crossroads exists as a kind of actual battle being fought between various entities or forces. And Isca's true omega potential and divine glow-up is that she's like, not the Inevitable Traitoress, she's the Joyful Warrior, a being who lives for the thrill of battle, for the joy of picking a side you believe in and simply refusing to ever surrender or give up before you win, in which case ALL victories are inevitable.....like imagine if she's able to come and go from this plane of existence at will and thus influence the tide of 'fortune' or whether specific flips of the coin throughout the physical universe end up a 'win' or a 'loss,' a good outcome or a bad one.....by just wading into any individual battle she wants on this eternal battlefield and refusing to stop until she ends up the victor of it.

And thus you have her power still be nigh unlimited in concept and concept, and only 'limit' it narratively speaking, via the totally understandable mechanism of saying she still has to fight each individual battle in order to win it. Just give her a battlefield she'll never run out of, never WANTS to run out of because this is her Niche, these are battles of choice, that she's chosen of her own volition and passion and wants to fight, she's having the time of her life seeking worthy challenges and pitting herself against the only forces powerful enough to pose an actual threat, making her victories be as much about her skill as her innate powerset....and you can have the cake that is her concept and eat it too, without having to make her less than you created her to be. AND along the lines of like, building a pantheon, you could additionally imagine that like.....give her a mutant version of Valkyries, like she can handpick mutant warriors who impress her and recruit them to join her in these eternal battles for the fate of worlds, bringing them to this higher plane to act as her personal army eternally fighting for better, 'luckier' or more favorable futures. Leading to mutants having this concept of oh, good things happen not because of random chance but because Isca and her army have won the battle for a particular favorable outcome or twist of 'fate.'

Anyway, like I said, the gears they are turning and I have more thoughts, particularly about Storm's potential connection to or embodiment of the Superflow and how her multiplicity of self and personal divine portfolio or agenda might manifest, and I'll get them down once I have more of a moment.

But if people are worried about omegas being too powerful and making mutants too immune to threats from other Marvel characters, like, there's a solution to that. Just give omega mutants threats specific to them, 'bigger matters' to occupy them and make it so they're just not always available whenever Xavier's like hey guys we need you to curbstomp an army of robots for us. Cue Storm, eyes glowing imperiously, as she's like, I'm afraid you'll have to handle that for yourselves, but I have every confidence in your ability to do so without us. At the moment however, we're a bit busy battling for the fate of the entire universe and attending to threats that attempt to unweave the very fabric of reality.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 02-04-2022 at 11:24 AM.

I love reading our discussions and panels in here but when y'all write these long books I just can't lol. I understand the passion behind it though. Anyway lets hope for more Storm feats this month!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I love reading our discussions and panels in here but when y'all write these long books I just can't lol. I understand the passion behind it though. Anyway lets hope for more Storm feats this month!
    Is there a book coming out with storm in it, aside the voices book. I don't know of any

Is there a book coming out with storm in it, aside the voices book. I don't know of any
    lol no i'm just comparing people's replies in this thread to books because of how long they are sometimes

BANNED

Go you guys think that writers at Marvel throughout the years read of the African goddess Oya and incorporated her characteristics into Storm? From Claremont to the Black Panther writers and even the current X-office.

https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/food-...ss-oya/q5gf7h2

And

https://journeyingtothegoddess.wordp...0/goddess-oya/

Look at those characteristics, I’d say yea Storm has been influenced by Oya. Meanwhile, there is a mutant who took the name Oya.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Go you guys think that writers at Marvel throughout the years read of the African goddess Oya and incorporated her characteristics into Storm? From Claremont to the Black Panther writers and even the current X-office.

https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/food-...ss-oya/q5gf7h2

And

https://journeyingtothegoddess.wordp...0/goddess-oya/

Look at those characteristics, I’d say yea Storm has been influenced by Oya. Meanwhile, there is a mutant who took the name Oya.
    Definitely along with ISIS and the rain queens of southern Africa.

Now one thing you have to understand is that oya was the weather goddess but over here in africa specifically Nigeria she is associated with the raw elemental power of nature as such she did not only gave power over storms but also tides, earthquakes and any other natural disaster.

It's really telling that storm has been influenced mainly by gods in her inception.

For fans who couldn’t initially pre-order X-Men Red I was able to do it today on Amazon/ComiXology. Those covers #1 & 2 are just so damn bad a$$.