Page 526 of 833 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576626 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yup. Same here it’s going to be GRRREAT!!!

I LOVE the Team it’s just the Story I did not like. But I do hope we see this Team Again.
    Oh this was a God awful story. But... I like how they highl9ghted that ororo had a special connection to the very concept or archetype of mother nature itself. Becoming her voice and being the only one she trusts.

Plus this art, this face, EATS DOWN!

Screenshot_20220724-203028_Chrome.jpg

Sometimes you just have to relax.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Oh this was a God awful story. But... I like how they highl9ghted that ororo had a special connection to the very concept or archetype of mother nature itself. Becoming her voice and being the only one she trusts.

she looks amazing there. I still didn't get the purpose of the story or exactly why she was there. oh well... storm in anything this week?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she looks amazing there. I still didn't get the purpose of the story or exactly why she was there. oh well... storm in anything this week?
    Gambit #1 as Ro or kid storm.

As unlikely as it is now, I'm still hoping one day we get a Storm and Aero team up.

Besides Iceman, Storm never really hangs out with other elementals. It would be cool if we had an actual canon moment like this -

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post

She who entire planets whisper to. She who mother nature trusts and respects. She who is divinity made flesh.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I think this kind of creates a problem when it comes to wanting to see Storm in other media. I mean the purpose of her being there was to be a part of the the story and team. There's no purpose for cap or thor or iron man or any hero to be on any team outside of what they can add to the story. here storm was a seasoned leader and basically lead the team with cap, he knew he could rely on her, as did tony, so in that sense it allows other readers to see, perhaps those who may be fans of those two or anyone in the book another view of the character. The story doesn't specifically need to be about storm. I mean i get not getting it because of that i guess, but i don't get questioning the need for her to have a purpose to be there when the purpose was the story.

No shade and i only say this because the correlation hits me at the moment but this basically gives credence to when people say "well they want it to be all about that character. or there isn't more diversity because the right story isn't there." No one character in this that is known or a marvel was the focal point of the story, but they were the ones chosen to do some good. I think that's enough and really what most people want. Not every story has to be crafted to make sure every team or person gets shine but every character chosen to explore different aspects of a story from different and diverse angles and the character moments grow from that. I mean i'm no pro or anything but that's just my honest opinion.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-25-2022 at 12:03 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think this kind of creates a problem when it comes to wanting to see Storm in other media. I mean the purpose of her being there was to be a part of the the story and team. There's no purpose for cap or thor or iron man or any hero to be on any team outside of what they can add to the story. here storm was a seasoned leader and basically lead the team with cap, he knew he could rely on her, as did tony, so in that sense it allows other readers to see, perhaps those who may be fans of those two or anyone in the book another view of the character. The story doesn't specifically need to be about storm. I mean i get not getting it because of that i guess, but i don't get questioning the need for her to have a purpose to be there when the purpose was the story.

No shade and i only say this because the correlation hits me at the moment but this basically gives credence to when people say "well they want it to be all about that character. or there isn't more diversity because the right story isn't there." No one character in this that is known or a marvel was the focal point of the story, but they were the ones chosen to do some good. I think that's enough and really what most people want. Not every story has to be crafted to make sure every team or person gets shine but every character chosen to explore different aspects of a story from different and diverse angles and the character moments grow from that. I mean i'm no pro or anything but that's just my honest opinion.
    Gives me the same energy -

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

Exactly. I loved everyone of these little appearances Storm has had. Let me be the first to let you know writers, if your reading, i'm easy to please! Yes i complained about foaming at the mouth and out on avengers but i'm not about to complain about appearances like The marvels, Fornite, Curse of the Mutants, X of Swords, not because it's all about her but because her moments mattered and she was treated as a real character rather than just a prop piece or someone someone wanted to take out their personal feelings on. The readers can tell.

I mean if we are honest why are any of those characters there? Because someone wanted to write them.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

And the best part was i didn't need to demand stories, or go rampage at someone for it, i just waited for that Storm ship to sail in an made sure i supported. Like i know i personally i gave 4 or 5 stars to most of the entire X-line up when it first came out when you could still do it easily on comixology. So i don't doubt why skyvolt said about that working. Storm wasn't in 90% of hickman run or issues but guess what, i was reading the whole line because what i did see was wide breath of characters throughout the books. Not the same ones in every story.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I never once said the story needed to be about her. I asked what was the purpose of her being there, what did she add to the story being told. Those are two very different questions. From what you mentioned she was second in command who tony and cap trusted which - to me - isn't meaningful. A woman of her pedigree shouldn't be second to anyone and I dont put value in either of their thoughts on her. So if that was the totality of her purpose as you described its understandable why most dropped the book very early on if they were reading the book as a storm fan. Im not a storm fan who appreciates her in stories solely for appearances. I want something more which in the scan Subliminally provided even though she was seen far less her appearance there were much more substantive than all of that of the marvels.

and aside from that the story was boring af.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-25-2022 at 01:34 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I never once said the story needed to be about her. I asked what was the purpose of her being their, what did she add to the story being told. Those are two very different questions. From what you mentioned she was second in command who tony and stark trusted which - to me - isn't meaningful. A woman of her pedigree shouldn't be second to anyone and I dont put value in either of their thoughts on her. So if that was the totality of her purpose as you described its understandable why most dropped the book very early on if they were reading the book as a storm fan. Im not a storm fan who appreciates her in stories solely for appearances. I want something more which in the scan Subliminally provided even though she was seen far less her appearance there was much more substantive than all of that of the marvels.

and aside from.thar the story was boring af.
    It's interesting you would say that when storm's only purpose in wakanda was to be tchalla's boo. like what was her purpose there before one was created. Her purpose was to be a part of an unfolding story, isn't that what every character selected for. Or rather what do you expect when you say purpose? Like the only one that can do something? a moment in the story just for her? i'm a little confused.

I mean the teams purpose was to save the universe, which they did. I'm honestly confused.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-25-2022 at 01:35 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It's interesting you would say that when storm's only purpose in wakanda was to be tchalla's boo. like what was her purpose there before one was created. Her purpose was to be a part of an unfolding story, isn't that what every character selected for. Or rather what do you expect when you say purpose? Like the only one that can do something? a moment in the story just for her? i'm a little confused.

I mean the teams purpose was to save the universe, which they did. I'm honestly confused.

what does what storm did in Black Panther have to do with her playing second fiddle to cap and stark in the marvels? I don't presume to know what makes up a story as I'm not a writer but I've read enough good ones to know they are not as simple as you've described. moreover, i can't help you with your confusion if what I've already said in the regard isn't clear.

what does what storm did in Black Panther have to do with her playing second fiddle to cap and stark in the marvels? I don't presume to know what makes up a story as I'm not a writer but I've read enough good ones to know they are not as simple as you've described. moreover, i can't help you with your confusion if what I've already said in the regard isn't clear.
    That's cool. To be clear just so we understand each other my understanding by that line of defense is "basically because i like Storm and Tchalla" because you asking what her purpose was in the marvels is no different than someone wondering what her purpose was in BP. The only difference is preference which is cool. Which is actually gaslighting imo but i am less confused now. I took you too literally as though you actually cared if she had a purpose there or not. My mistake.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

IDK if y'all ever seen the show Married 2 Medicine on Bravo but Contessa had on a short wig with a nice hairstyle and she said it was her Storm look