Page 527 of 833 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537577627 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 12488
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Oh this was a God awful story. But... I like how they highl9ghted that ororo had a special connection to the very concept or archetype of mother nature itself. Becoming her voice and being the only one she trusts.

Plus this art, this face, EATS DOWN!
    Yeah, that was pretty cool. However, that connection they Highlighted makes it seem far less important when the other Female characters where also having that same connection.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's cool. To be clear just so we understand each other my understanding by that line of defense is "basically because i like Storm and Tchalla" because you asking what her purpose was in the marvels is no different than someone wondering what her purpose was in BP. The only difference is preference which is cool. Which is actually gaslighting imo but i am less confused now. I took you too literally as though you actually cared if she had a purpose there or not. My mistake.
    There is a significant difference between Coates's run and Marvels. In his book, Storm is the titular second in command,she is the goddess who randomly saves the day.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

That's cool. To be clear just so we understand each other my understanding by that line of defense is "basically because i like Storm and Tchalla" because you asking what her purpose was in the marvels is no different than someone wondering what her purpose was in BP. The only difference is preference which is cool. Which is actually gaslighting imo but i am less confused now. I took you too literally as though you actually cared if she had a purpose there or not. My mistake.
    storm importance pertaining to her role in black panther eclipses whatever role she had in marvels. you just said her purpose essentially boiled down to Tony and cap trusting in her which tells me she didn't have much, if any, purpose in the story. u most certainly can question her purpose but I think most would conclude the purpose and role she had in mr Coates' black was unique and essential to the story; you wouldn't have the same story if you replace storm lets say with rogue or Jean. the same i dont believe would be true in the marvels. take her out and put in the squirrel girl and the story wouldn't change one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    There is a significant difference between Coates's run and Marvels. In his book, Storm is the titular second in command,she is the goddess who randomly saves the day.
    its quite a significant difference. suggesting otherwise when you have stories with her involvement that spanned over 3+ years (black panther, rise of the panther, world of wakanda, bp&c) that explain her importance is silly and not even worth debating.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-25-2022 at 09:24 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    She who entire planets whisper to. She who mother nature trusts and respects. She who is divinity made flesh.
    I call storm the world whisperer. But seriously world whisperer is a very badass name
    Last edited by Reigna; 07-26-2022 at 12:01 AM.

Hey, did you guys hear the new rumor that the MCU won't be able to film the X-Men with new actors until 2025 due to contractual reasons.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm importance pertaining to her role in black panther eclipses whatever role she had in marvels. you just said her purpose essentially boiled down to Tony and cap trusting in her which tells me she didn't have much, if any, purpose in the story. u most certainly can question her purpose but I think most would conclude the purpose and role she had in mr Coates' black was unique and essential to the story; you wouldn't have the same story if you replace storm lets say with rogue or Jean. the same i dont believe would be true in the marvels. take her out and put in the squirrel girl and the story wouldn't change one bit.

its quite a significant difference. suggesting otherwise when you have stories with her involvement that spanned over 3+ years (black panther, rise of the panther, world of wakanda, bp&c) that explain her importance is silly and not even worth debating.
    It's not about the work, is it? Different writers have different preferences. It's just that Mr. Coates likes Storm more and makes her incredibly important to the story.

Hey, did you guys hear the new rumor that the MCU won't be able to film the X-Men with new actors until 2025 due to contractual reasons.
    Both but it's not really shocking news, kinda expected to be honest. The fox movies have to die out, we need to get the x-men 97 as a pallet cleanser and we must be done with the avengers secret wars event before the mutants can truly take over. They will be setting up mutants tho. Heard a rumour that storm might be teased in a post credit scene for wakanda forever... of so I hope we dont get an actress we rather get a mural or a story about an ancient line of powerful prienstesses who were goddesses and the incarnation of ma'at. That will be better, I dont think casting storm this early is a good idea.

But this is a rumour nothing else.
    Last edited by Reigna; 07-26-2022 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Both but it's not really shocking news, kinda expected to be honest. The fox movies have to die out, we need to get the x-men 97 as a pallet cleanser and we must be done with the avengers secret wars event before the mutants can truly take over. They will be setting up mutants tho. Heard a rumour that storm might be teased in a post credit scene for wakanda forever... of so I hope we dont get an actress we rather get a mural or a story about an ancient line of powerful prienstesses who were goddesses and the incarnation of ma'at. That will be better, I dont think casting storm this early is a good idea.

But this is a rumour nothing else.
    Yeah, I don't mind waiting, the X-Men are too important and can't afford another failure. I don't mind the eggs on the mural. It's too early to cast. 2025 is very far away.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

No I said her purpose was to save the universe which is what she was asked to do. In bp she may have had a bigger moment but her purpose was to be tchalla boo and mostly she offered him council but she had no purpose of her own.

So what your looking for wasn't purpose it was importance to the story and storm role could have been filled with the little girl bast and her getting her powers back in the moment storm ascended and saving wakanda. So yes the exact story could have been told and would have made more sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

There is also a huge difference between being specifically important to a story and having purpose in a story.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

There is also a huge difference between being specifically important to a story and having purpose in a story.
    Yeah, I get you.

Yes let the x-men be properly developed as a concept for the mcu first.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

It's not about the work, is it? Different writers have different preferences. It's just that Mr. Coates likes Storm more and makes her incredibly important to the story.
    yes its about the work.

No I said her purpose was to save the universe which is what she was asked to do. In bp she may have had a bigger moment but her purpose was to be tchalla boo and mostly she offered him council but she had no purpose of her own.

So what your looking for wasn't purpose it was importance to the story and storm role could have been filled with the little girl bast and her getting her powers back in the moment storm ascended and saving wakanda. So yes the exact story could have been told and would have made more sense.
    no I said exactly what I meant yesterday. purpose... what was the purpose of the character in the book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Kinda wanna see a scene like this in the mcu.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

They can keep the hammer though.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation