Page 535 of 833 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535536537538539545585635 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 12488
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    You're not wrong. Claremont didn't give them a relationship beyond friendship. He was against it.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/bl...ris-claremont/
    So did priest.
    "Oh, and wandering off-subject again: No offense to my good friend Reginald Hudlin, but the whole point of the T'Challa-Storm relationship, as I saw it, was they would never actually get together. It was an ages-long unconsummated love"
    https://www.gamesradar.com/black-pan...topher-priest/

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    So did priest.
    "Oh, and wandering off-subject again: No offense to my good friend Reginald Hudlin, but the whole point of the T'Challa-Storm relationship, as I saw it, was they would never actually get together. It was an ages-long unconsummated love"
    https://www.gamesradar.com/black-pan...topher-priest/
    These good writers always see the truth. The two will always be connected, and in future stories you may see a second writer like Mr Coates writing about their relationship, but we all know there will only be more writers like Ridley to describe them as childish and stupid.
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 07-29-2022 at 09:51 AM.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the storm mini was thankfully retconned. the amazing xmen annual and there was a recent bp story (black panther legends 2) where it also showed Claremont version as the way tchalla and ororo met. I believe there was one other but can't remember now.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-29-2022 at 11:09 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

In January 2006 it was confirmed that they had more in common in the past, and their origins were rewritten in Storm V2 in April 2006.

̶M̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶U̶X̶M̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶C̶C̶.̶ ̶(I̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶r̶e̶m̶o̶n̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶U̶X̶M̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶1̶9̶7̶5̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶1̶9̶9̶1̶)
    You say "rewritten" and, I say "exspanded" upon. Moreover, "Storm v2", in no way negated, or contradicted what came before -- the only thing that "Storm v2", did was confirm (distastful as the dialog and optics come off to some) that Storm and T'Challa had sex with each other at an early age.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the storm mini was thankfully retconned. the amazing xmen annual and there was a recent bp story (black panther legends 2) where it also showed Claremont version as the way tchalla and ororo met. I believe there was one other but can't remember now.
    It was printed thus its cannon regardless... That my take on the matter and I'm sticking to it...
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-29-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    You say "rewritten" and, I say "exspanded" upon. Moreover, "Storm v2", in no way negated, or contradicted what came before -- the only thing that "Storm v2", did was confirm (distastful as the dialog and optics come off to some) that Storm and T'Challa had sex with each other at an early age.

It was printed thus its cannon regardless... That my take on the matter and I'm sticking to it...
    OF Course they had Sexy Time. That wasn't clear to anyone? I thought that was pretty Obvious.

Mighty Member

It was totally rewritten, that's why it was a retcon. In Priest's original story they shared a kiss in a tree and left. So you can keep that retcon and enjoy that retcon but it doesn't change that is no longer canon

I don't think it needs to be discussed. Underage sex is wrong.

You didn't know that. I understand. The art doesn't accurately depict their age, but now you know.
    Which gave that scene an extra level of creepiness. Yeah, we know they are pre-teens but lets draw them as if they are in their late teens, mmkay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    OF Course they had Sexy Time. That wasn't clear to anyone? I thought that was pretty Obvious.
    I agree... But, the argument here is about Black Panther: Legends (2022) negating Storm v2 (2006) -- it can't because Black Panther: Legends is being billed as a new origin story.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-29-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Mighty Member

I agree... But, the argument here is about Black Panther: Legends (2022) negating Storm v2 (2006) -- it can't because Black Panther: Legends is being billed as a new origin story.
    If it's a new origin story then wouldn't that negate what came before it? That's not really the counter argument or the argument . The argument is that it's been retconned 3 times so it doesn't matter what you want. It's not canon.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 07-29-2022 at 12:27 PM.

BANNED

If it's a new origin story then wouldn't that negated what came before it?
    Sure, when you put it that way. But, if this is being done only to invalidate Storm v2 -- as an entirely new origin it's gonna cascade negatively throughout the entire history of the Black Panther mythos.

Mighty Member

Sure, when you put it that way. But, if this is being done only to invalidate Storm v2 -- as an entirely new origin it's gonna cascade negatively throughout the entire history of the Black Panther mythos.
    Why would it do that? All it did is expand on what Claremont and Priest did.

BANNED

Post deleted.

BANNED

Why would it do that? All it did is expand on what Claremont and Priest did.
    I'll reiterate... Black Panther: Legends is being billed as an entirely new origin.

I'll reiterate... Black Panther: Legends is being billed as an entirely new origin.
    I don't think the x office has ever changed Storm origin so it's always been treated the same. Maybe the writers had BP with a mirage in those stories? ^_^

On a side i actually read BP legends and in it Storm and him meet but it never becomes anything more than an attraction so i think people aren't grasping what your trying to allude to by announcing it's a new origin when it doesn't change anything for Storm in it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think the x office has ever changed Storm origin so it's always been treated the same. Maybe the writers had BP with a mirage in those stories? ^_^
    That would be better than saying it never happened because Black Panther: Legends said so.

On a side i actually read BP legends and in it Storm and him meet but it never becomes anything more than an attraction so i think people aren't grasping what your trying to allude to by announcing it's a new origin when it doesn't change anything for Storm in it.
    But, if nothing about Ororo changes in the new title then "Storm v2" shouldn't be affected, no? Unless of course, this is being done specifically to invalidate one questionable mini-series.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-29-2022 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).