Page 539 of 833 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wasn't expecting her to be in XMR 05 as she was already on Krakoa (as stated in the preview) when Uranos showed up and then destroyed the gates...so there was no way for her to get back within the hour he took to decimate Arakko.

She will/should be royally pissed when she finds out though...so I'm expecting her to do some major damage at some point later on, in issue #6, perhaps?
    But the problem is that when Krakoa was attacked, she wasn't there either, not even a single frame.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And that's on Gillen. Maybe he will explain her absence in IXM tomorrow? (Maybe she was the first to be knocked out by the Unimind)...but as it's an Exodus-focus issue I doubt it.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-02-2022 at 12:13 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm assuming she won't show up in IXM either, and we'll have to wait a month to find out exactly what she was doing when she disappeared.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and so is storm...
    And here I thought we were talking about Ororo not being available because she was being featured in the Black Panther title. Are Jean and Kurt being featured in another title other than those that are specifically X-Men related?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    And here I thought we were talking about Ororo not being available because she was being featured in the Black Panther title. Are Jean and Kurt being featured in another title other than those that are specifically X-Men related?
    Storm has actually appeared in non-X-Men titles more recently than Jean and Kurt, and she also appears in the current BP run, apparently having no impact on Ewing. The real problem is a writer who doesn't want to write Storm for a lame reason.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    isn't Jean being used elsewhere? isn't Kurt too ? gillen acts as if this is early 2000s when she was in black panther. that isn't the case. if the xoffices wanted to use her they would. he doesn't write her because he doesn't want to and thats a win for us; however, it does give me concerns that once Ewing is gone storm will go back to being wallpaper.
    Love, I'm sure Ororo will get focus from Gillen, who is a fantastic writer. After all, she is on the QC, which is what his book is centered on. Nonetheless, I empathize with your feelings regarding Ororo being relegated to “wallpaper.” The same has happened with Jean in the past, and both dealt with their share of that during the beginning of the Krakoan era, which is ridiculous, considering they are the most important X-Women. PeriodT.

No matter, they are both being handled by great writers and will continue to grow in importance and prominence, of this I have no doubt. And we have the animated series revival coming up, too? Beau is a big fan of both and of their friendship, which is what I want to be highlighted in both the show and books. They've been there for each other through some crazy $&!+ and that warrants focus.

Let's be happy that our favorites are finally being given the respect they both deserve! Transcend the negativity and don't let detractors influence your thoughts and outlook. You are better than that. And I've gotten to witness this for myself. :hug:
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-02-2022 at 01:07 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Love, I'm sure Ororo will get focus from Gillen, who is a fantastic writer. After all, she is on the QC, which is what his book is centered on. Nonetheless, I empathize with your feelings regarding Ororo being relegated to “wallpaper.” The same has happened with Jean in the past, and both dealt with their share of that during the beginning of the Krakoan era, which is ridiculous, considering they are the most important X-Women. PeriodT.

No matter, they are both being handled by great writers and will continue to grow in importance and prominence, of this I have no doubt. And we have the animated series revival coming up, too? Beau is a big fan of both and of their friendship, which is what I want to be highlighted in both the show and books. They've been there for each other through some crazy $&!+ and that warrants focus.

Let's be happy that our favorites are finally being given the respect they both deserve! Transcend the negativity and don't let detractors influence your thoughts and outlook. You are better than that. And I've gotten to witness this for myself. :hug:
    No. NO , GOD PLEASE NO

I'm with the general consensus , having Gillien back-burner Storm isn't exactly a massive loss for us. The fact that he doesn't "get" Storm enough to write her is precisely why I'm not pouting in a corner about it. He has his favorites just like every other writer and that's a-ok if Storm isn't one of them.

But for the love of the Goddess, come up with a better excuse than "she's in red adurpa durp". Not only does that make him look bad as a writer, it makes the entire X-Office look completely incompetent that they can't manage to have a SINGLE character, arguably THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTER, in multiple books during the event.

I am the type of fan who would much rather have QUALITY than quantity. I wouldn't care if Storm was only in 10-15 books a yr if it meant that her appearances actually had substance and moved the plot or pushed the needle of her character.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    No. NO , GOD PLEASE NO
    Oh stop it, you little devil! He's a great writer, and I'm sure he will be giving Ororo the dignity she deserves.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'm with the general consensus , having Gillien back-burner Storm isn't exactly a massive loss for us. The fact that he doesn't "get" Storm enough to write her is precisely why I'm not pouting in a corner about it. He has his favorites just like every other writer and that's a-ok if Storm isn't one of them.

But for the love of the Goddess, come up with a better excuse than "she's in red adurpa durp". Not only does that make him look bad as a writer, it makes the entire X-Office look completely incompetent that they can't manage to have a SINGLE character, arguably THE MOST IMPORTANT CHARACTER, in multiple books during the event.

I am the type of fan who would much rather have QUALITY than quantity. I wouldn't care if Storm was only in 10-15 books a yr if it meant that her appearances actually had substance and moved the plot or pushed the needle of her character.

No. NO , GOD PLEASE NO
    Oh you know it's coming, he will still write a Storm POV.

Given what's really happening so far, it makes me even more curious how he will write a full issue of Storm.

No. NO , GOD PLEASE NO
    Baby all I gotta say is that I would love to see how TF he'd work in that pacifist angle he adores for Ororo while she's living among a planet of warriors and speaking for our entire solar system.

Gonna have Storm out here looking like Ma-Ti against universal threats

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Oh stop it, you little devil! He's a great writer, and I'm sure he will be giving Ororo the dignity she deserves.
    No, he's NOT. Not for Storm.

You keep him away from Storm. Don't you do that Mercury don't you put that EVIL on her:

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post

Given what's really happening so far, it makes me even more curious how he will write a full issue of Storm.
    I think he is going to surprise some of you Scrooges for the better! Watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Baby all I gotta say is that I would love to see how TF he'd work in that pacifist angle he adores for Ororo while she's living among a planet of warriors and speaking for our entire solar system.

Gonna have Storm out here looking like Ma-Ti against universal threats

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post