Page 548 of 833 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    all of this. immortal xmen and the eternal event is massively a story being told and driven by the white characters of marvel. its a return to the status quo and while unfortunate its not shocking or surprising in the least.
    Yup, and they try to sneak an all white male writing team too but Gillien don't have what it takes to occupy Hickman's chair. I mean gillien tried to throw some flowers at tini but i guess his interview is right imagine what the x-line would be without tini as of right now with what was released wednesday it would be one good book suffering at the hands of a pretentious one using the book of color as it's stepping stool.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I will strongly admit that I was the first one. LOL I don't expect a damn thing from Gillen when Storm is concerned. I don't really care that Storm is Furniture or Paper Weight or in the Background in this Event. Would I like for a better explanation as to why, but HELL that's also asking for too much. So, by ALL MEANS let Ewing take care of Storm and let Gillen ruin the other Characters. So, I think WE ALL got Lucky Gillen decided to not write her.

I for one am not complaining. I enjoy seeing another writer mess up other people's Favorites. :-) C'mon ya'll ENJORY the ride with me.

WEEEeeeeee!!!

You right though, you right cause i don't know i just feel things are not going to go the way people are hoping for for Jean because there has been no hints he cares about her importance more than he cares about her visibiilty. Not even in his words. And he claimed Nightcrawler got something big to but i'm now of the mind that will prob be in LOX and Jean scene will prob be in Xmen while his personals continue to be all "simply complex." But one of the people he will potential mess up is my second fave and 3rd. He ain't putting no respect on scott name so far.

Isn't he the same writer that had cyclops defeated by a flying brick. I know it was during the utopia era but can't remember if he wrote it. No that was fraction had to look it up. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-05-2022 at 12:06 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's the ONLY black female and ONLY female ruler Marvel has right now in their ENTIRE line, hell the only female leader of color period at marvel right now and they seem stuck on letting her preside over poisonous gasses or have people die on her watch with little to no reaction. I wish people would tell US what we are suppose to interpret that as or what it means? maybe we too close to it. Anybody?
    im not seeing any lies being told.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Claremont, her biggest stan, wrote her in the Mutant/Massacre.

Soule and Lemire wrote the IvX/M-Pox crap and nonsense which is of absolutely no consequence and should be forgotten.

Gillen...is not writing her in Judgement Day. (should she have more presence, perhaps, but if the event writer is incompetent with her character it's a good thing he left it to another far better writer to use her as benefits his story and characterisation)

If you want to interpret that as some "thing" against Storm as the ONLY Black female and ONLY ruler at Marvel all well and good, but understand that...you are looking at three different event scenarios, writers under three different editorials and you are basically painting them all (Claremont included) with the same brush.

While also acknowledging the awesomeness that Ewing is doing with her right now under this current Editorial?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

all i can do is interpret the event and what is presented. it is a fact Storm is the only black female leader and this would not happen to Thor, Dr. Doom, or Odin where they had no perspective of their respective land being destroyed. And out of all the characters in space or who have been captains he has only chosen to write about the white ones. it is what it is, i don't need to do any mental gymnastics to state exactly what the optics are. in fact others seem to be doing the most to make it not what's in front of them. lol

The three writers i don't know who that is so i'm leaving it alone. I don't feel like simplifying my thought patterns to even address something so lacking context so eh.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

im not seeing any lies being told.
    i swear sometimes it be feeling like peeps on retainer. lol. like it's right there. lol Let's just ignore Clarmont created Bobby, Monet, and many other diverse characters. This is exactly the same thing. lol like what? lol or that he had storm successfully lead before and after that occurrence not sideline her and give her NO reaction. LOL. But we suppose to believe they actually PLAN these things right? i can't. i'm about to hit the art table. LMAO!
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-05-2022 at 12:22 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

[QUOTE=Cyclone_Ablaze;6150718]None of things. It's simply when Storm takes up a Leadership role somehow Genocide seems to follow soon after. It has nothing to do with her Skills as a Leader or Bragging rights or whatever Failure she perceives. It's just that Bad things always want to surface when Storm is in charge.[/QUOTE]

Or...consider,
    It's just writers writing these events.
    Storm is leader.
    And the two have absolutely nothing to do with each other. (Conspiracy theories, aside).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

You right though, you right cause i don't know i just feel things are not going to go the way people are hoping for for Jean because there has been no hints he cares about her importance more than he cares about her visibiilty. Not even in his words. And he claimed Nightcrawler got something big to but i'm now of the mind that will prob be in LOX and Jean scene will prob be in Xmen while his personals continue to be all "simply complex." But one of the people he will potential mess up is my second fave and 3rd. He ain't putting no respect on scott name so far.

Isn't he the same writer that had cyclops defeated by a flying brick. I know it was during the utopia era but can't remember if he wrote it. No that was fraction had to look it up. lol
    LOL that's why I was very Hush Hush not tryna say too much on Jeans name because........YIKES. it don't look good for her.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 08-05-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Mighty Member

Exactly this. She in your book. She is part of immortal. You can coordinate that Arrako must go, but he couldn't communicate about a character in one of his own books who sits on the council. At least make it make sense. Especially since she was literally dragged off the red planet when nightcrawler came to visit. Sorry i can't play that dumb. lol And that's a reason you won't see me be like take her off the council so it would really be an all white book for the most part, if he don't want to write the council or can't maybe he should go write something else because i won't be brow beat with lackluster material.
    And neither should you be I genuinely don't think gillen is racist. I do think he's clueless when it comes to a few characters. His magik was amazing, colossus, Scott were all great but not person of color was able to shine under his pen. Hell his magneto is really bad too, like how do you screw up magneto? I get not every writer can write every character and plot can sometimes supercede the character's responses but that's his entire writing style when it comes to her. That is annoying, she deserves better than that by a lot.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 08-05-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

[QUOTE=Devaishwarya;6150753]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    None of things. It's simply when Storm takes up a Leadership role somehow Genocide seems to follow soon after. It has nothing to do with her Skills as a Leader or Bragging rights or whatever Failure she perceives. It's just that Bad things always want to surface when Storm is in charge.[/QUOTE]

Or...consider,
    It's just writers writing these events.
    Storm is leader.
    And the two have absolutely nothing to do with each other. (Conspiracy theories, aside).
    For it too happen more than once can't just be a Conspiracy THeroy
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 08-05-2022 at 12:29 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

i swear sometimes it be feeling like peeps on retainer. lol. like it's right there. lol Let's just ignore Clarmont created Bobby, Monet, and many other diverse characters. This is exactly the same thing. lol like what? lol or that he had storm successfully lead before and after that occurrence not sideline her and give her NO reaction. LOL. But we suppose to believe they actually PLAN these things right? i can't. i'm about to hit the art table. LMAO!
    it serves no point to deny what is blatantly obvious. sure writers can do what they want but it lets call a spade a spade. gillen has zero interest in writing storm. the only thing I would appreciate is the writer being straight up about this as opposed to she is being used elsewhere excuse we always get lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It's the ONLY black female and ONLY female ruler Marvel has right now in their ENTIRE line, hell the only female leader of color period at marvel right now and they seem stuck on letting her preside over poisonous gasses or have people die on her watch with little to no reaction. I wish people would tell US what we are suppose to interpret that as or what it means? maybe we too close to it. Anybody?
    In real like Kamala Harris is the VP and the nation is falling apart. The race and sex of leadership do not prevent disasters from happening.

Magneto was the President of Genosha when 16 million mutants got killed. So as this disaster happened to Magneto, it surely can and just now happened to Storm. Anyone not willfully closing their eyes could see this coming. Tens of millions of expendable, no
    Name characters cama won’t care about? Motive the Arraki fans have come to love mostly survived.

it serves no point to deny what is blatantly obvious. sure writers can do what they want but it lets call a spade a spade. gillen has zero interest in writing storm. the only thing I would appreciate is the writer being straight up about this as opposed to she is being used elsewhere excuse we always get lol
    Exactly. I mean Jeff Lemire didn't write the gas story but he was given Storm as the only leader left and like Ewing did the best he could with that situation and the x-men imo came out on top in thanks to what he did there. Ewing was thrown his beat by Gillien. Claremont explored his own beat. This is literally the only writer who started the event, destroyed the character land, but took the character from the place before he did it and then had her disappear by saying she being used elsewhere. i mean how are they even remotely close to the same thing. i just can't sometimes yo.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    In real like Kamala Harris is the VP and the nation is falling apart. The race and sex of leadership do not prevent disasters from happening.

Magneto was the President of Genosha when 16 million mutants got killed. So as this disaster happened to Magneto, it surely can and just now happened to Storm. Anyone not willfully closing their eyes could see this coming. Tens of millions of expendable, no
    Name characters cama won’t care about? Motive the Arraki fans have come to love mostly survived.
    I don't know what happened to you Wallstreeter but you seem mad different my dude. Like what does Kamala got to do with anything. nevermind. you do you.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    And neither should you be I genuinely don't think gillen is racist. I do think he's clueless when it comes to a few characters. His magik was amazing, colossus, Scott were all great but not person of color was able to shine under his pen. Hell his magneto is really bad too, like how do you screw up magneto? I get not every writer can write every character and plot can sometimes supercede the character's responses but that's his entire writing style when it comes to her. That is annoying, she deserves better than that by a lot.
    i think it's kind of messed up and not saying you, to be able to have these conversations a lot of people try to implicate someone is putting the word racist on them. to me that says more than any book. It's like if you talk about what's obvious in front of you, or open the door to question well why does a writer literally take all the characters of color off the board when each one should have a prominent role in a war on mutantkind your all of a sudden attacking them or implying they are racist. Some of those people really need to examine their hearts and minds.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-05-2022 at 12:39 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.