Page 55 of 833 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast

Dropping this here...coz its feb..valentines is nearing and so is my birthday...im doing a Tchalla Ororo full back story highlight...plus I wanna learn new video editing stuff... finally I found a perfect use for tiktok...hahhahah

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSesxtpBb/

Oh and this is a YouTube commenter on the sheer implications of what storm did in sword #11
    20220206_053138.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Fair enough, they def. should have done better

Yeah specially since he's citied to have god like science

And in the same issue one shot Magneto and Collosusnaut w/ ease.He literally redirected Colossunaut w/ mere words...

And I have the issue open rn and Unit says "lose fine control", making her lose control of her abilities.

Literally the entire team fell to this guy, emma was outsmarted and Namor fell to a simple pheromone barrage.

And he was sh*t talking all of them, literally roasted Emma.Yet Storm's case is a problem how?

W/her increase in apperances(which I'm looking forward to), this will only increase because most writers don' worship Storm to extreme levels.The lightning situations is marvels was def. bad, as stated and explained but Unit here was breaking all the rules and I don't see how Storm was somehow worse enough to be considered jobbing
    I agree, this wasn't a jobbing situation, and I think the scan with Storm speaking on nonviolence is taken out of context as well. Ororo joined Scott's Extinction team at the time to put a rein on the situation with his team consisting of ex-supervillains and rogue threats. It really wasn't a good look at the time, and tensions were high. Gillen wrote Storm as the moderator and mediator of the situation. Basically, Scott convinced her to join his team because he trusted her to be the one to draw the line if things were taken too far. Even for him.

The scan with her speaking with Magneto highlights that perfectly, since she makes it clear they have a very stark contrast between when and how violence should be used. In her case, she doesn't believe in violence, but will resort to it and embrace it, if necessary, but will still find it in her heart to believe it is all regrettable. That there are better ways to solve these problems if people were more open to reason and peaceful solutions. If Storm was portrayed here as reveling in the destruction, then I think it defeats the purpose of her role in the series since she is there to provide a counterbalance to that stance.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Dropping this here...coz its feb..valentines is nearing and so is my birthday...im doing a Tchalla Ororo full back story highlight...plus I wanna learn new video editing stuff... finally I found a perfect use for tiktok...hahhahah

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSesxtpBb/
    This was cute... gets a like from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Commander View Post
    I agree, this wasn't a jobbing situation, and I think the scan with Storm speaking on nonviolence is taken out of context as well. Ororo joined Scott's Extinction team at the time to put a rein on the situation with his team consisting of ex-supervillains and rogue threats. It really wasn't a good look at the time, and tensions were high. Gillen wrote Storm as the moderator and mediator of the situation. Basically, Scott convinced her to join his team because he trusted her to be the one to draw the line if things were taken too far. Even for him.

The scan with her speaking with Magneto highlights that perfectly, since she makes it clear they have a very stark contrast between when and how violence should be used. In her case, she doesn't believe in violence, but will resort to it and embrace it, if necessary, but will still find it in her heart to believe it is all regrettable. That there are better ways to solve these problems if people were more open to reason and peaceful solutions. If Storm was portrayed here as reveling in the destruction, then I think it defeats the purpose of her role in the series since she is there to provide a counterbalance to that stance.
    At least you correctly read the point of the posts on The Gillen criticisms about her characterization. However, for her to fulfill that role of keeping the team from crossing ethical lines didn’t require Gillen to regress Storm’s character development to do it. Her preaching and judging constantly about “non-violence” made absolutely no sense for her, and after years of experience with the X-Men, years as a field leader, and her time as the Queen of Wakanda where she literally killed many people when it was called for came off as contrived, OOC, and shows a clear disconnect w/ Storm’s canon. Her suddenly being written as a pacificst wasn’t necessary in any of the situations the Extinction team was placed in. Hell Scott was basically 80’s Storm during his militant phase.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 02-06-2022 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Oh and this is a YouTube commenter on the sheer implications of what storm did in sword #11
    20220206_053138.jpg
    Very interesting. Is there a video for this?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

20220206_053138.jpg
    I’m lost.

Why is he comparing Gravity and Air Pressure. Theoretically, Storm can manipulate Gravity I mean it does fall under EM field. I don’t see why Storm wouldn’t dibble and dabble in that, but that’s neither here or there. I’m not entirely sure what this YouTube person is tryna say here. Did Storm increase or decrease some type of Solar Temperature/Pressure?? Also, it shouldn’t be a question if Storm can make plasma since she created her own mini Star in
    “The Power of Light” story.

So I’m confuzzled here with what this YouTuber is saying.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 02-05-2022 at 11:57 PM.

Oh yeah. She has even chosen to mill people in the past when she didnt need to or shouldn't have had to and it brought her into direct conflict with other xmen. I recall ome instance where rachel got mad at her because she opted to kill Karima or so, the told storn why she assumed she was leader of the team and storm simply said "because someone has to, and that if she Rachel couldn't stop her even if she tried"
    I love how Storm knows how powerful she is and will simply tell people they don't want it with her lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I’m lost.

Why is he comparing Gravity and Air Pressure. Theoretically, Storm can manipulate Gravity I mean it does fall under EM field. I don’t see why Storm wouldn’t dibble and dabble in that, but that’s neither here or there. I’m not entirely sure what this YouTube person is tryna say here. Did Storm increase or decrease some type of Solar Temperature/Pressure?? Also, it shouldn’t be a question if Storm can make plasma since she created her own mini Star in
    “The Power of Light” story.

So I’m confuzzled here with what this YouTuber is saying.
    They were just stating that storm is even more deadlier than they ever thought and also way more interesting. Her control over the weather is soo great that in theory it can allow her to do and perform almost any elemental natural phenomenon she can think of includ9ng reaching absolute heat and zero.

But yes in the power of light story storm already demonstrated that she could indeed create a star which is self sustaining. Do you remember when storn stated that she can also manipulate the fundamental forces that govern weather? Well those same forces are responsible for a whole lot more from ocean currents to galaxy formations and evolution.
    The possibilities are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    At least you correctly read the point of the posts on The Gillen criticisms about her characterization. However, for her to fulfill that role of keeping the team from crossing ethical lines didn’t require Gillen to regress Storm’s character development to do it. Her preaching and judging constantly about “non-violence” made absolutely no sense for her, and after years of experience with the X-Men, years as a field leader, and her time as the Queen of Wakanda where she literally killed many people when it was called for came off as contrived, OOC, and shows a clear disconnect w/ Storm’s canon. Her suddenly being written as a pacificst wasn’t necessary in any of the situations the Extinction was placed in. Hell Scott was basically 80’s Storm during his militant phase.
    I don't agree that she was presented as a pacifist though. She killed the Phalanx along with the other X-men when she felt she needed to. Her efforts with preaching about nonviolence were only used to put a rein on the other characters, but she never suggested that it wasn't a necessary task. Only that it was regrettable. This all eventually tied into the X-men becoming full-on supervillains and flooding Wakanda during Avengers vs X-men, so it actually did play into Storm efforts as she was the one who was quick to turn on them when she found out what they were doing under her nose.

She wasn't on a team anymore with people who shared the same moral principles as she did, so I think Gillen wanted her to be firmer in her stance. I think that's the distinction some people are overlooking. Gillen only made her more extreme in her efforts in order to provide the necessary counterbalance to the other characters who didn't have her level of compassion on the battlefield. Again, this was a full team of ex-villains and rogues. In a general setting with a team she trusts, it's unlikely he would still write her as this aggressively nonviolent and preachy. Which is really what I was trying to get at.

I agree that the narrative wasn't necessary or favorable to Storm's progression as a character at the time though, but I don't think it was regressive, since the narrative for her behaving that way was circumstantial.

They were just stating that storm is even more deadlier than they ever thought and also way more interesting. Her control over the weather is soo great that in theory it can allow her to do and perform almost any elemental natural phenomenon she can think of includ9ng reaching absolute heat and zero.

But yes in the power of light story storm already demonstrated that she could indeed create a star which is self sustaining. Do you remember when storn stated that she can also manipulate the fundamental forces that govern weather? Well those same forces are responsible for a whole lot more from ocean currents to galaxy formations and evolution.
    The possibilities are endless.
    Gotcha!!

Now I get it. At first I didn’t understand what they were saying. The gravity comment and temperature comment confuzzled me. But yes Storm’s powers do have endless possibilities and Extremely Versitle.

I swear on my Right Toe.

If Al Ewing has Storm manifesting the ability to create Temporal Storm’s I will get up and slap my Grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I love how Storm knows how powerful she is and will simply tell people they don't want it with her lol
    And rachel who is crazy op couldn't even retort back cause she knew storm wasn't joking. She later even states that she would never get tired of seeing storms power on display, it's beautiful and terrifying.
    20220206_075535.jpg

I mean when wolverine says storm unleashing aas the most terrifying and most beautiful thing he has ever seen, you know that storm is one awesome beast in battle!

Attachment 118119

I think we dont really get just how powerful and terrifying storm truly is... like a single hurricane has as much power as 10,000 nukes. And that's just your average hurricane. And hurricanes are basically the surface of her abilities.

There is a storm quote that goes "The elements marshal their infinite might at my beckoning! Power seethes in the roiling clouds! Now, at my command -- STRIKE!"

the power of nature itself is at her command and when you factor in that star and galaxy building nebula are clouds... the picture becomes a little clearer.

I love rachel the most of the summers/grey clan but she was kinda out of line there.. but love that she also stood her ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I swear on my Right Toe.

If Al Ewing has Storm manifesting the ability to create Temporal Storm’s I will get up and slap my Grandma.
    I think I might consider running for president if that happens. Cause ****... that would finally give her that umf. Like why she is an omega level weather manipulator. In the past thor has created temporal vortecies and such. Its not out of the realm of possibility for storm, who when in the trion dimension was able to manipulate and seal raptures in space time.
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-06-2022 at 01:24 AM.

I think I might consider running for president if that happens. Cause ****... that would finally give her that umf. why she is an omega level weather manipulator. In the past thor has created temporal vortecies and such. Its jot out of the realm of possibility for storm, who when in the trion dimension was able to manipulate and seal raptures in space time.
    Exactly my point.