Page 56 of 833 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Exactly my point.
    Yep.... it would be epic and crazy, also a hurricane of fire, compressing matter soo much to form an acreation disc, compressing air to create plasma, more cosmic weather feats.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Dropping this here...coz its feb..valentines is nearing and so is my birthday...im doing a Tchalla Ororo full back story highlight...plus I wanna learn new video editing stuff... finally I found a perfect use for tiktok...hahhahah

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSesxtpBb/
    very nice ty for sharing!!! are u singing on that video?

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Oh and this is a YouTube commenter on the sheer implications of what storm did in sword #11
    Attachment 118118
    I stopped reading when theybsaid it doesn't make sense she could increase the weight of air or whatever ridiculous point they were making.

I knew you would have a deeper holistic concern that I wasn't seeing... but,
    Aside Miss Erica and maybe the current Nubia solo writer, I don't think any other writer wants to develop storm's abilities on the Divine side. As coates was trying to do.

Now I get what you are saying, but storm wouldn't have to necessarily stop being hadari yao or not be developed as such. As the goddess of the weather and the preserver of the balance of all natural things storm as a goddess is very vital, as all natural things is well all natural things!

But I think the omegas omega comment by Duggan along with the goddess references they have been making since the era... where duggan again have knull say she was his most powerful avatar above even the likes of gods and such, sooo much so she was to the best of my knowledge, the only being to be referred to as a light by knull in the event aside the enigma force that came to end him. I think there is something they are building to, the xoffice cant write storm without making it all mutant first sadly hence cant take storms divine abilities and complexities without reducing it to the weather.

But that's the thing the sky/weather god in almost all mythologies was always the god in charge of the other gods, the single most powerful god in that pantheon. Above even the lies of gods of magic, war, death, life, vegetation, sea...etc. The sky has very vast metaphysical implications to cultures all over the world, and even culture and spirit of a people aka the zeitgeist is directly influenced by weather in marvel, at a place called the superflow the highest point of reality. Culture and the people is embodied in the seat of all around us, something storm sits on as regent. And in the marvel article about x-men red storm is realizing that her people need more than a queen or regent.

I think ewing, if he is going in that direction is trying to tie her into the actual marvel cosmic hierarchy. Would love to see what comes of that though, cause I know full well no other writer would want to develop that aside maybe... hmmm... I cant think of any. Lol.

But above all else I want meaningful character development for storm. I really miss the Claremont storm but I know being can give her a unique spin which is just as special.
    I agree with you I dont think the goddess development is something the xoffices are looking to further explore. which Is fine, I guess. I just don't think her omega mutant abilities should be mixed in with what she can do as a goddess. they are different things. one us based in natural phenomena and the other divine.

I also do agree I want meaningful character development which we are getting by Ewing. I hope this continues. question: storm saved xandra's life twice right? she truly will be indebted to storm and what will require storm to reach out for aide from the shiar will certainly be interesting.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I stopped reading when theybsaid it doesn't make sense she could increase the weight of air or whatever ridiculous point they were making.

I agree with you I dont think the goddess development is something the xoffices are looking to further explore. which Is fine, I guess. I just don't think her omega mutant abilities should be mixed in with what she can do as a goddess. they are different things. one us based in natural phenomena and the other divine.

I also do agree I want meaningful character development which we are getting by Ewing. I hope this continues. question: storm saved xandra's life twice right? she truly will be indebted to storm and what will require storm to reach out for aide from the shiar will certainly be interesting.
    That user proclaimed they don't like storm... so it didn't surprise me that they were trying their hardest to nerf her, but what I realized was that even they could not escape the sheer implication of this. Like pressure manipulation is stupidly op, it's basically tk force but on crack. Storm can directly manipulate the weight of gas and I reckon all fluids. This directly means she can compress crush lift and drag almost anything under the sun with enough force. Like that's basically what she was manipulating force(Newtons)... omega level shit for sure.

This was cute... gets a like from me.
    Thank you...

Yeah I really dont want them to make her divine power her mutant power.... but I also know we ain't gonna get that from xoffice now and possibly not ever. So now I will look forward to what ewing does. Its sure to be interesting no doubt.

Yall I love weather wizard soo much he is sooo creative and versatile it's not even funny. He has this trick where he can solidify clouds and launch them as projectiles.

He can also manipulate the magnetic fields of the earth and reverse the polarity of anyone or anything.

RCO012.jpg

I keep thinking whether storm can also do that whrr she creates giant supercell solidify it and drop it on sentinels and such.

Magnetic substorms also seem very cool and deadly and useful.
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-06-2022 at 02:11 AM.

Thank you for checking them out...not my singing voice...mine's for drunk karaoke use only hahahah...still learning some more video edits and Ill drop them in tiktok ...enjoy visiting the page...

Astonishing Member

Butterflykyss, just wanna say I know we kinda have different wants on where to take explorations of divinity here so I just wanna say I totally get and respect that sometimes those wants are incompatible and just not what someone's looking for, so I don't want to sound like I'm trying to refute your own take or talk over it or like convince you its a better idea, y'know? I'm just spitballing here and conversing and not out to change anyone's mind so its totally cool by me if what I'm talking about just doesn't work for people.

Like personally, I am right now intrigued by the idea of a mutant pantheon specifically because of how the idea of humans seeking divinity, trying to become more 'like god' over time, its a trope that's fascinated people from day one, that's why there's so many myths and legends of humans ascending to godhood....apotheosis, becoming one with the divine or becoming divine ourselves is a kind of idea of spiritual evolution, and since mutants are so often focused on through the lens of evolution....I think there's interesting parallels to be explored there. What apotheosis looks like for mutants specifically, and how a mutant pantheon might differ in focus from what other pantheons embody or represent....with a mutant pantheon being more likely to contain gods of evolution, transformation, possibility, resurrection and extinction as opposed to gods of nature, chaos, life and death specifically. But like, this is literally just me brainstorming along those lines not necessarily saying that the comics will or even should explore those ideas or directions.

And in that vein, I think there are ways to mix the natural weather manipulating powers with the idea of divinity to give them a distinct otherworldly feel that's unique to just Storm. Reigna, you talked about how Storm hasn't been shown making elemental forms yet in main continuity, for the most part.....and I was thinking about that and the whole multiplicity of self thing I was talking about......what if instead of just manifesting in an elemental form, Storm learns how to just like....impart various aspects of her being into the weather and other natural phenomena as a whole?

Like its long been established that Storm's emotions can influence and be reflected in the weather....when she's upset or angry, if she doesn't take care to keep that in check, that can leak into her environment and make it start to rain, etc. What if that was taken one step further though.....and explored the idea that Storm doesn't just affect nature with her emotions, but she can IMBUE nature with her emotions? That larger than life idea of making nature itself an embodiment of her?

Imagine if she could fission off various ideas or emotions she has and create legions of elemental spirits that are just various aspects of her. Pour her fury or wrath into a specific 'creation' that she gives a kind of life of its own in order to chase down an enemy no matter where they go, because its a wind elemental that can act independent of her in pursuit of the intention she created it to have.....so you'd have this implacable divine stalker that can manifest as a tornado or a hurricane any time it 'catches up with' whomever she created it to hunt. Or that thing about using weather as representative/linked to human concepts and ideas....like we talk about being hit with a bolt of inspiration, like lightning....what if Storm really could channel something like divine inspiration through lightning itself? Imagine her sensing one of her people in danger far away, and rather than even just travel there herself (and additionally I'd LOVE to see her demonstrate the ability Jenny Sparks has in the Authority, where she can just convert herself entirely into lightning and travel as it, thus teleporting across the sky and her arrival always being heralded with a lightning strike)....but like, what if she could just send someone a piece of her power in the form of like a 'blessing' that hits them like a bolt of lightning, maybe even a literal one out of nowhere....but rather than kill or harm them, it supercharges them with a bit of her own power or strength, just amplifies their own, just long enough for them to overcome what was threatening them?

Similarly, that trick that Storm and various other wind manipulators have done, using the wind to carry sounds......expand that ability to its logical conclusion, and Storm can just speak and carry her own words anywhere she wants with the wind....thus warning people of danger by literally whispering in their ear, giving them directions, or even 'haunting' enemies of hers by hounding them with howling winds that are her voice shouting out the terrible things they've done.

Or explore the divine aspects of weather as a source or nourishment of life....what if she starts to make storms that have a mystical or psychic component to them almost, like a Life Storm that just like how winds gather up and concentrate ambient moisture to make it rain, instead gathers up and concentrates ambient life energy and turns it into a glowing rain that can rejuvenate energy-users and psychics and even mutants who feed off life energy without having to actually feed on other people now? Or if she could do the same thing with the stray bits of ambient background magical energy throughout the atmosphere, and create a storm that nourishes magic-users, enhances their spells, becomes a fuel source that lets them channel magic almost directly, with lessened need for invocation or actual spellwork as long as the storm is raging?

That's the kinda thing I'd like to see explored by making Storm a direct connection to or representation of the Superflow....the font of divine inspiration birthed by collective creativity as a whole....that she can channel into nature itself in various ways, pairing her own emotions and ideas with various natural vectors like winds, rain and lightning. Mists of confusion that actually mess with perceptions and create hallucinations and visions, the same static electricity that's said to be present in Storm's mind making it hard for telepaths to read her, being deliberately imbued into the atmosphere by Storm to 'jam' even psychics or other gods like Loki from scrying her surroundings with even magic or mystic means....etc.

Like a couple of us were talking about with the idea that the firmament, the heavens are an embodiment of unknowable vastness, the boundless mysteries of the universe.....another thing I think is key to the idea that the sky god of a pantheon is always its leader is throughout history, we've constantly expanded our idea of what the heavens actually are without actually changing our VIEW of what they are. What I mean by that is.....people once said things like the heavens or the firmament when they were just talking about the sky, because they didn't yet have an understanding or awareness of anything BEYOND the sky, like space. But once they DID, they simply EXPANDED their idea of what the firmament, what the heavens actually are, to include the sky AND space. They just.....opened up the scope of it without changing the fact that both symbolically represent the same idea while physically being two distinct things.

Basically, humanity's always looked at the idea of the heavens as the roof of all creation....encompassing everything that falls underneath its umbrella. The firmament is an innately boundless vastness that contains everything that exists....whether that's just a single planet beneath a single sky, when that's what a peoples' conception of 'everything' is limited to.....and then just expanding - without actually changing - to include everything that exists in space, once peoples' awareness of 'everything' grows to acknowledge the existence of other planets, stars, etc.

So there's an inherent capacity for growth and expansion beyond anything we currently know to be true that's like....BUILT INTO the very IDEA of the sky and the heavens, and I think THAT'S why the sky god has always been the dominant figure of all pantheons. Because however vast the earth is, it has limits. Same with the ocean, the sun, etc. The sky....as in the roof over everything, whether talking about a single planet's atmosphere or the boundless reaches of space....the sky, the heavens, are conceptually the singular idea from the dawn of creation that there exists a medium that can reach everywhere, everything, that can contain everything within it.

In essence....the sky, the heavens, are the embodiment of INFINITY. Which of course, goes hand in hand with the idea of eternity, which happens to be the prime or key abstract of the current Marvel Universe.

And that's why even in mutant pantheon, the ideal head of said pantheon would be.....the being most linked to and embodying....infinity, unlimited potential or possibility itself.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 02-06-2022 at 02:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Just gonna link to this other post I made in the Jean thread when I expanded on an old idea about why Jean and Bobby specifically were picked as omega mutants, back when the original concept of omega mutants was about them someday evolving to replace the abstracts of the universe and usher in and create the next one.....

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5875124

Essentially, that take is still kinda what I'm talking about here, where omega mutants could eventually occupy the roles of cosmic gods in terms of their relationship to this universe or the next....in a way that's distinct from how other gods exist or operate in the Marvel U. Thus aspects of divinity inherent to Storm could still exist outside of this omega paradigm and have nothing to do with it if that's not someone's preference.

But point is, going off of that take......the ultimate direction of omega mutants and a mutant pantheon could feasibly position Jean and Bobby as the end and rebirth of a universe, the Life and Death entities, both embodying aspects of both concepts and so inherently linked as two sides of the same coin.....and other mutant omegas would be abstracts like Fortune (Isca), Knowledge (Lactuca), Transformation (Proteus), Harmony (Synch), Evolution (Elixir), etc, etc.

BUT in conjunction with all this talk about the nature of sky gods, that could feasibly make Storm the next abstract of Infinity, and occupy the role that Eternity currently occupies for this current universe as maybe what the next universe does different is emphasize the vast reach of potential possibilities rather than how the current universe just focuses on established possibilities being timeless and eternal? Idk.

But basically I just mean.....if the nature of the sky and our view of it is that its meant to be able to grow and expand and encompass not just everything that we KNOW to exist, but everything we imagine MIGHT exist and we just don't even know about yet....

Well, that's what I keep coming back to, the fact that the sky is the ultimate embodiment of potential. Because nothing gets tossed around more in regards to mutants, their role in the universe, and omega mutants in specific, than the idea of unlimited potential.....just as in one culture after another, humanity keeps coming back to a heightened fixation on the sky itself, as representative of the boundless reaches of our ever-growing understanding/perception of the heavens.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 02-06-2022 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Commander View Post
    I don't agree that she was presented as a pacifist though. She killed the Phalanx along with the other X-men when she felt she needed to. Her efforts with preaching about nonviolence were only used to put a rein on the other characters, but she never suggested that it wasn't a necessary task. Only that it was regrettable. This all eventually tied into the X-men becoming full-on supervillains and flooding Wakanda during Avengers vs X-men, so it actually did play into Storm efforts as she was the one who was quick to turn on them when she found out what they were doing under her nose.

She wasn't on a team anymore with people who shared the same moral principles as she did, so I think Gillen wanted her to be firmer in her stance. I think that's the distinction some people are overlooking. Gillen only made her more extreme in her efforts in order to provide the necessary counterbalance to the other characters who didn't have her level of compassion on the battlefield. Again, this was a full team of ex-villains and rogues. In a general setting with a team she trusts, it's unlikely he would still write her as this aggressively nonviolent and preachy. Which is really what I was trying to get at.

I agree that the narrative wasn't necessary or favorable to Storm's progression as a character at the time though, but I don't think it was regressive, since the narrative for her behaving that way was circumstantial.
    I respect your point of view but we most definitely disagree. Gillen’s run narrative never called for her potrayal to be overly contrarian and to see things so black and white in spite of her experience that preceded her being put into this horrific run. It was purely willful ignorance on his part. There was no justification for it. The Extinction team members, some of whom Storm worked with before (Magneto, Emma, Cyclops- people she had trust issues w/ long before), was not remotely a basis for her to be so uncharacteristically pacificistic, let alone being ignorant of situations where it called for her to be a moral compass. And nothing they wanted to do was outside of the scope of what Storm herself was perfectly fine with. She’s dealt with Wolverine practically her whole time as an X-Man and his instinctive desire to kill and she was never THAT preachy. And at least then that circumstance would make more sense more than anything that happened in Gillen’s run. There wasn’t a single mission or challenge that called for it. Not Tabula Rasa, the Phalanx, Sinister, the Celestials, Unit, etc. If he intended for Storm to be the preachy den mother then he utterly failed to present situations where it would make sense/fit Storm’s character. Calling out how “regrettable” or how she is so against “violence” makes absolutely no sense for her character with her historical growth, let alone failing to create situations where it is appropriately questionable.

The point is - Storm’s canon had her exploring herself and the very gray areas her roles as an X-Man, a leader, a diplomat, a Queen, a hero, a mutant and human long before she unfortunately got pulled into Gillen’s run. She’s became very pragmatic on this journey and has embraced what came w/ that growth. Gillen ignored Storm’s journey up to that point to make her come off as a fledgling X-Man who was naive, inexperienced, and idealistic. He didn’t factor in the Storm who nearly killed Callisto to save her team, contemplated killing Magneto in his sleep because he had it coming and felt it was best for the X-Men, contemplated killing Havok, later joined the Hellfire Club w/ Magneto as White King, nearly killed Forge, faked her team’s death to proactively strike out at their enemies to keep their families safe, nearly killed Marrow, left the core team to pursue Destiny’s Diaries behind Xavier’s back even though it brought her into conflict with the X-Men, and risked killing Cyclops to save him, Wakanda & the X-Men from the Shadow King because that’s what the situation called for. And there is a lot more to demonstrate how she has grown as a character and recognizes the complexity, risks, and consequences of choices they have to make, but I think you get where I am coming from, even if you disagree.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 02-06-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Butterflykyss, just wanna say I know we kinda have different wants on where to take explorations of divinity here so I just wanna say I totally get and respect that sometimes those wants are incompatible and just not what someone's looking for, so I don't want to sound like I'm trying to refute your own take or talk over it or like convince you its a better idea, y'know? I'm just spitballing here and conversing and not out to change anyone's mind so its totally cool by me if what I'm talking about just doesn't work for people.

Like personally, I am right now intrigued by the idea of a mutant pantheon specifically because of how the idea of humans seeking divinity, trying to become more 'like god' over time, its a trope that's fascinated people from day one, that's why there's so many myths and legends of humans ascending to godhood....apotheosis, becoming one with the divine or becoming divine ourselves is a kind of idea of spiritual evolution, and since mutants are so often focused on through the lens of evolution....I think there's interesting parallels to be explored there. What apotheosis looks like for mutants specifically, and how a mutant pantheon might differ in focus from what other pantheons embody or represent....with a mutant pantheon being more likely to contain gods of evolution, transformation, possibility, resurrection and extinction as opposed to gods of nature, chaos, life and death specifically. But like, this is literally just me brainstorming along those lines not necessarily saying that the comics will or even should explore those ideas or directions.

And in that vein, I think there are ways to mix the natural weather manipulating powers with the idea of divinity to give them a distinct otherworldly feel that's unique to just Storm. Reigna, you talked about how Storm hasn't been shown making elemental forms yet in main continuity, for the most part.....and I was thinking about that and the whole multiplicity of self thing I was talking about......what if instead of just manifesting in an elemental form, Storm learns how to just like....impart various aspects of her being into the weather and other natural phenomena as a whole?

Like its long been established that Storm's emotions can influence and be reflected in the weather....when she's upset or angry, if she doesn't take care to keep that in check, that can leak into her environment and make it start to rain, etc. What if that was taken one step further though.....and explored the idea that Storm doesn't just affect nature with her emotions, but she can IMBUE nature with her emotions? That larger than life idea of making nature itself an embodiment of her?

Imagine if she could fission off various ideas or emotions she has and create legions of elemental spirits that are just various aspects of her. Pour her fury or wrath into a specific 'creation' that she gives a kind of life of its own in order to chase down an enemy no matter where they go, because its a wind elemental that can act independent of her in pursuit of the intention she created it to have.....so you'd have this implacable divine stalker that can manifest as a tornado or a hurricane any time it 'catches up with' whomever she created it to hunt. Or that thing about using weather as representative/linked to human concepts and ideas....like we talk about being hit with a bolt of inspiration, like lightning....what if Storm really could channel something like divine inspiration through lightning itself? Imagine her sensing one of her people in danger far away, and rather than even just travel there herself (and additionally I'd LOVE to see her demonstrate the ability Jenny Sparks has in the Authority, where she can just convert herself entirely into lightning and travel as it, thus teleporting across the sky and her arrival always being heralded with a lightning strike)....but like, what if she could just send someone a piece of her power in the form of like a 'blessing' that hits them like a bolt of lightning, maybe even a literal one out of nowhere....but rather than kill or harm them, it supercharges them with a bit of her own power or strength, just amplifies their own, just long enough for them to overcome what was threatening them?

Similarly, that trick that Storm and various other wind manipulators have done, using the wind to carry sounds......expand that ability to its logical conclusion, and Storm can just speak and carry her own words anywhere she wants with the wind....thus warning people of danger by literally whispering in their ear, giving them directions, or even 'haunting' enemies of hers by hounding them with howling winds that are her voice shouting out the terrible things they've done.

Or explore the divine aspects of weather as a source or nourishment of life....what if she starts to make storms that have a mystical or psychic component to them almost, like a Life Storm that just like how winds gather up and concentrate ambient moisture to make it rain, instead gathers up and concentrates ambient life energy and turns it into a glowing rain that can rejuvenate energy-users and psychics and even mutants who feed off life energy without having to actually feed on other people now? Or if she could do the same thing with the stray bits of ambient background magical energy throughout the atmosphere, and create a storm that nourishes magic-users, enhances their spells, becomes a fuel source that lets them channel magic almost directly, with lessened need for invocation or actual spellwork as long as the storm is raging?

That's the kinda thing I'd like to see explored by making Storm a direct connection to or representation of the Superflow....the font of divine inspiration birthed by collective creativity as a whole....that she can channel into nature itself in various ways, pairing her own emotions and ideas with various natural vectors like winds, rain and lightning. Mists of confusion that actually mess with perceptions and create hallucinations and visions, the same static electricity that's said to be present in Storm's mind making it hard for telepaths to read her, being deliberately imbued into the atmosphere by Storm to 'jam' even psychics or other gods like Loki from scrying her surroundings with even magic or mystic means....etc.

Like a couple of us were talking about with the idea that the firmament, the heavens are an embodiment of unknowable vastness, the boundless mysteries of the universe.....another thing I think is key to the idea that the sky god of a pantheon is always its leader is throughout history, we've constantly expanded our idea of what the heavens actually are without actually changing our VIEW of what they are. What I mean by that is.....people once said things like the heavens or the firmament when they were just talking about the sky, because they didn't yet have an understanding or awareness of anything BEYOND the sky, like space. But once they DID, they simply EXPANDED their idea of what the firmament, what the heavens actually are, to include the sky AND space. They just.....opened up the scope of it without changing the fact that both symbolically represent the same idea while physically being two distinct things.

Basically, humanity's always looked at the idea of the heavens as the roof of all creation....encompassing everything that falls underneath its umbrella. The firmament is an innately boundless vastness that contains everything that exists....whether that's just a single planet beneath a single sky, when that's what a peoples' conception of 'everything' is limited to.....and then just expanding - without actually changing - to include everything that exists in space, once peoples' awareness of 'everything' grows to acknowledge the existence of other planets, stars, etc.

So there's an inherent capacity for growth and expansion beyond anything we currently know to be true that's like....BUILT INTO the very IDEA of the sky and the heavens, and I think THAT'S why the sky god has always been the dominant figure of all pantheons. Because however vast the earth is, it has limits. Same with the ocean, the sun, etc. The sky....as in the roof over everything, whether talking about a single planet's atmosphere or the boundless reaches of space....the sky, the heavens, are conceptually the singular idea from the dawn of creation that there exists a medium that can reach everywhere, everything, that can contain everything within it.

In essence....the sky, the heavens, are the embodiment of INFINITY. Which of course, goes hand in hand with the idea of eternity, which happens to be the prime or key abstract of the current Marvel Universe.

And that's why even in mutant pantheon, the ideal head of said pantheon would be.....the being most linked to and embodying....infinity, unlimited potential or possibility itself.
    if you are looking solely at mutants and a pantheon of gods associated with mutants, what mutants would qualify as such? remember mutants are human, just human who have genetically deviated. as such mutants, by nature and definition, are not divine. knowing this how do you couple divinity and mutantdom when they are two separate concepts.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yes Wind Rider. These are the things modern writers seem to always fall back on and are hyper focused on when it comes to Storm. They always have her as den mother overly concerned with killing, or they have her constantly having her leadership questioned, having her doubt herself and following the lead of someone else. It's just gotten old and stale. We need a break from those things. At least a 5 year stretch at minimum for me. That's why her role as Regent of Mars is a light at the end of the tunnel. Finally, new ground to cover. Something different from the same old same old.

if you are looking solely at mutants and a pantheon of gods associated with mutants, what mutants would qualify as such? remember mutants are human, just human who have genetically deviated. as such mutants, by nature and definition, are not divine. knowing this how do you couple divinity and mutantdom when they are two separate concepts.
    For me I think that's where storm comes in. She is the only mutant with an actual god head... a potentially infinite source of divine power as her power at base level is greater than the likes of adversary a multiversal demon god.

I was saying a circuit with storm as the center and source of divine power can actually elevate the rest of them to omega status. And this will give ororo absolute control over the new established pantheon. Kinda like the god of gods or queen of the gods, the omegas omega.

It will make duggans statement about the omegas omega more logical... for all we know that was foreshadowing. And when you tally this with the marvel divine cosmology where rulers of pantheons are known as sky fathers it is joy out of the realm of possibility that storm could be built to be the skymother of the mutant pantheon. At least this would be the closest we get to actual divine development for storm from xoffice.

Abd that's if this is even remotely close to what they have planned. All I know is that marvel says storm knows her people need something greater than a queen and what is a queen to a goddess?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Yes Wind Rider. These are the things modern writers seem to always fall back on and are hyper focused on when it comes to Storm. They always have her as den mother overly concerned with killing, or they have her constantly having her leadership questioned, having her doubt herself and following the lead of someone else. It's just gotten old and stale. We need a break from those things. At least a 5 year stretch at minimum for me. That's why her role as Regent of Mars is a light at the end of the tunnel. Finally, new ground to cover. Something different from the same old same old.
    Where I am right now in my mind I discount many things and regard only what I like. You write lackluster storm I will see it as fanfic... cause after rereading the claremont run my standards for what should be storm is very high.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

All New, All Different Kurt and Ororo doodle.
    850150E8-A469-422C-ADC7-BD92E2C3280B.jpg