Page 571 of 833 FirstFirst ... 71471521561567568569570571572573574575581621671 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yeah, I see that too. It could be.
    Ok good! I was like "that's a very specific pattern to be a random bit of background work."

Wonder what it means tho? Could Clea be making a cameo? Is Cable really about to bridge the gap of mutant powers & magic?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Ok good! I was like "that's a very specific pattern to be a random bit of background work."

Wonder what it means tho? Could Clea be making a cameo? Is Cable really about to bridge the gap of mutant powers & magic?
    It would be VERY INTERESTING.

I've been reading Dr. Strange and HONESTLY I don't really like Clea......But it would be great to see the Storm interaction.

BANNED

@Cyclone_Ablaze... An interaction with whom, Clea?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    It would be VERY INTERESTING.

I've been reading Dr. Strange and HONESTLY I don't really like Clea......But it would be great to see the Storm interaction.
    I don't "not" like her? I've never read anything with her before STRANGE so I'm basically a blank slate. So far she seems interesting though.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Marvel will end Destiny of X by January next year, ushering in a new era.

Let's hope they don't reboot Red, I haven't seen enough.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

BANNED

Doesn't Illyana, Megan, and Wanda (when she was a mutant ) have that angle covered already?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-20-2022 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Thought ammendment(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Doesn't Illyana, Megan, and Wanda (when she was a mutant ) have that angle covered already?
    No not really. Coming from your point I'd say Forge would be a more appropriate candidate given his mutation plus shaman abilities. Wanda, Magik, and Gloriana, aren't really known for their use of tech.

My point is, when people (or perhaps it's just me) think of Cable the first thing that pops up is high-tech guns, cyber arm, techno virus, future tech.

We still have no idea if it's guaranteed that the symbol even if accurate or not.

What does everyone think about this? If you've got a few minutes of free time to read. Link to thread.

What does everyone think about this? If you've got a few minutes of free time to read. Link to thread.

No thrones on Arrako. Though i will say the Lox issue did at one point make me think of it. Especially since they were specifically looking for a god worthy of them. But i don't really have any feelings on it one way or the other to be honest.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-20-2022 at 04:07 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

So I'm jumping from anime to anime and I came across this - A Certain Scientific Railgun.

Long story short, do you guys think that Storm could replicate this?

The Railgun. "Super Electromagnetic Cannon" is Mikoto's signature technique, the source of her epithet and her ability name.

Operating in a manner similar to its namesake, by forming parallel currents on both sides of her arm with her electricity and utilizing Lorentz force, Mikoto can fire metal objects at three times the speed of sound. She primarily uses arcade coins as her projectiles for portability. According to the System Scan on July 16th of the current year, her Railgun has a muzzle velocity of 1030 m/s (2307.2 mph), a firing rate of 8 shots per minute and a projectile distribution of 18.9mm.

The Railgun's primary limiting factor is air resistance and the resulting friction. As the projectile passes through the air at supersonic speeds, the friction causes a loss of kinetic energy and generates heat, building up to levels which cause most projectiles to melt. With her typical projectiles, the arcade coins are entirely vaporized after travelling 50 meters. Larger projectiles usually have a longer maximum range and more destructive power.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No thrones on Arrako. Though i will say the Lox issue did at one point make me think of it. Especially since they were specifically looking for a god worthy of them. But i don't really have any feelings on it one way or the other to be honest.
    That's cool. Just wanted to throw it out to see what people thought.

So I'm jumping from anime to anime and I came across this - A Certain Scientific Railgun.

Of corse, Taking into account Ororo’s mastery over air and temperatures I’d say she could even improve upon the attack limitations……. electric currents, magnetic phenomena, plasma, air friction, thermokinesis …..her basic toys, we can safely say this is right up her alley.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

No not really. Coming from your point I'd say Forge would be a more appropriate candidate given his mutation plus shaman abilities. Wanda, Magik, and Gloriana, aren't really known for their use of tech.

My point is, when people (or perhaps it's just me) think of Cable the first thing that pops up is high-tech guns, cyber arm, techno virus, future tech.

We still have no idea if it's guaranteed that the symbol even if accurate or not.
    Fair enough... But, the original question was "Is Cable really about to bridge the gap of mutant powers & magic?".

That said, and as seen in X-Factor #49 --> Nathan's mutant abilities (T.O. infection and stupidly massive guns notwithstanding) are and have always been Telekinesis and Telepathy since he was a wee babe. Hence, my reason for saying "Doesn't Illyana, Megan, and Wanda (when she was a mutant ) have that angle covered already?" Therefore, and with the exception of the currently defunct Wanda; Illyana, and Megan are both true mutants who have a propensity for magic.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-21-2022 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

BANNED

I'll skip the Twitter "clickbait" link and simply assume this is fan art, yes?
    <a href="https://twitter.com/IzmsTheFather/status/1560710383068913664" target="_blank">Link to thread.</a>
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-21-2022 at 01:20 AM.

BANNED

̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶A̶n̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶?̶ Nevermind I found it

I'm definitely gonna try to find this to add to my video collection.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-21-2022 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Pic(s) added.