Page 588 of 833 FirstFirst ... 88488538578584585586587588589590591592598638688 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 12488
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barthchrist01 View Post
    Did storm dodged the lesser light with her winds or she just maneuver with her flight.
    She Maneuvered out the Way....

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    She Maneuvered out the Way....
    That shows storm is really fast. And those lesser are light.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Same. Not sure why people bother.

The only definitive instance is in the first issue of the Mystic Arcana series with Magick. Ashake(Storm's ancestor) refers to Maat as The Bright Lady and asks to see through her "omnipotent eyes." Oshtur appears in the issue and it is made clear that Maat is another alias of hers. Omnipotent is a common descriptor associated with Oshtur as well and she is described as "The Brightest of the four forces, the Omnipotent Oshtur."

agreed. we pay them with dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Al Ewing interview and more art here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Red-ART-FROM-6

Love the teamwork with Sobunar.
    thanks for sharing need to go through the interview.

nice preview. liking the creative use of rain manipulating so many water drops in such a fashion to where it can redirect deadly laser beams is very impressive. also her dodging them is a credit to her reaction time and speed.

that said, im ready to see a bit more exploration with her powers beyond the traditional wind, lighting, and rain. she's acknowledged as we all know she is an energy manipulator so let's see a bit more of this. I would love to see the exploration of her powers in the area of all the energies on the em spectrum including light, radiation, etc. Direct control of her enemies internal organs such as the electrical synapses, blood, air. etc and finally an ascension to a full elemental being would be truly beautiful. it's clear beyond this book storm is only going to be background with a few flashy lightning strikes so I am really hopeful that Ewing digs deep in showing us more creative aspects of her powers.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-06-2022 at 08:20 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ewing is such a treat. Red has been great, as was SWORD before it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ewing is such a treat. Red has been great, as was SWORD before it.
    are you enjoying the current event ?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barthchrist01 View Post
    That shows storm is really fast. And those lesser are light.
    Yeah, Storm is fast, but Dodging Lasers is not really Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    are you enjoying the current event ?
    I mean, I don't really care for Gillen's take on the Eternals, nor do I really care for this Judgement Day AXE event as a whole, but as always, Ewing is killing it!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Just came across one of my favorite Storm pages of all time. Thought I share it here:

Attachment 124447
    One of my favorite Storm images. I had a poster of this when I was a young girl. Now, I wish I could find a t-shirt with it on it. I'd rock that.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    saw this coming for miles -- lols nothing new on this - even if again they have portals, teleporters, precogs, and omega space movers -- and she herself started this whole regency floating in her own space...
    Agreed. I am glad Al brought out this continuity point.

When it was noted by Isca that she wasn't there, I expected her past with the Morlocks to come up. Frankly, I won't be surprise if it's part of the confrontation between the Isca and Storm. I can see Storm calling Isca out on changing sides - again - and Isca deflecting that at least she was there. We know that is a sensitive topic for Storm and they could easily go to blows from there.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I mean, I don't really care for Gillen's take on the Eternals, nor do I really care for this Judgement Day AXE event as a whole, but as always, Ewing is killing it!
    yes Ewing is doing a fabulous job. and thanks was curious to see what some of the og readers were thinking of the current stuff.

Yeah, Storm is fast, but Dodging Lasers is not really Impressive.
    how is dodging lasers not impressive?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

how is dodging lasers not impressive?
    Because EVERYONE can Dodge Lasers. Even Street Level Heroes.

Indeed, I’ll expreess myself after reading the full issue, so far I see nothing special but I understand the excitement of seeing Storm on panel again
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member

Speed isn't tied to one tier. There are high-tier characters who were literally statues. Meaning they are very slow. Also, it was stated to be light in the panel and behaved liked it which means Storm reacted and moved out the way which is a near light speed to light speed showing. Lasers in fiction aren't taken seriously unless 1. It's stated to be light 2. It has the properties of light/laser

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Indeed, I’ll expreess myself after reading the full issue, so far I see nothing special but I understand the excitement of seeing Storm on panel again
    Right. I'd say the only thing as of NOW was her Using a Monsoon to Block the Lasers effects.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Speed isn't tied to one tier. There are high-tier characters who were literally statues. Meaning they are very slow. Also, it was stated to be light in the panel and behaved liked it which means Storm reacted and moved out the way which is a near light speed to light speed showing. Lasers in fiction aren't taken seriously unless 1. It's stated to be light 2. It has the properties of light/laser
    No, that's not correct.

Look at the panel again it said in Bold "Directed Lasers" Storm didn't do anything that no other Hero couldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    lolololololol i had a similar initial response and was told I was being shady because of it.

Right. I'd say the only thing as of NOW was her Using a Monsoon to Block the Lasers effects.

No, that's not correct.

Look at the panel again it said in Bold "Directed Lasers" Storm didn't do anything that no other Hero couldn't do.
    But right before that Storm says it attacks with light, a directed laser. meaning that whatever laser it is it is light first so most likely light directly focused as a laser. now i can admit i don't know if light would move even faster or slower if essentially being shot at something in the pinpoint precision or shape of a laser like implied, but it's still light.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-06-2022 at 03:39 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/