Page 609 of 833 FirstFirst ... 109509559599605606607608609610611612613619659709 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I know that's suppose to be Brand but it looks like Whizkid cosplaying.
    You just ruined my impression of this cover.Lol
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    You just ruined my impression of this cover.Lol
    Lol, I'm sorry but it does!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

It looks like storm's pov in ixm will be next year, that's when SOS happens.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Hmm on that part I don't think we can compare it. Iceman has his own personal reasons why he stays in Icemode and it's nothing to do with what he's facing.

(But I do feel like this was a retcon for dealing with artist being lazy and just drawing Ice-Bobby because it's easier than drawing him as human looking)

We even saw via Synch that even if he's in human mode he's still mostly invulnerable thanks to his powers.

If storm were ever to go elemental I was intending to say I wouldn't want it to be where she was just shown in that form all the time as iceman is and that they limit it for her to only when threats make it to where she needs to be in such a form. I mostly believed as well prior to this post however that much of why he was always shown in his ice form was due to laziness of the artist.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-15-2022 at 03:07 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    If storm were ever to go elemental I was intending to say I wouldn't want it to be where she was just shown in that form all the time as iceman is and that they limit it for her to only when threats make it to where she needs to be in such a form. I mostly believed as well prior to this post however that much of why he was always shown in his ice form was due to laziness of the artist.
    Oh I see! My mistake for misunderstanding.

I still think a energy form Storm could be vulnerable, buuuuuuut it would only be to high tier energy manipulators/high powered tech devices of advanced civilizations of the Shi'ar and the like. She shouldn't be a brick wall all the time since that would make for a boring story.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Oh I see! My mistake for misunderstanding.

I still think a energy form Storm could be vulnerable, buuuuuuut it would only be to high tier energy manipulators/high powered tech devices of advanced civilizations of the Shi'ar and the like. She shouldn't be a brick wall all the time since that would make for a boring story.
    exactly. she wouldn't be completely unbeatable but it would offer her an edge in competing against higher tier characters.

ideally we would get this but she would and could transition to her carnal form as she desired.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-15-2022 at 08:36 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I may regret putting this idea into the universe, but hear me out! What if there was no set in stone way for Storm to look in her energy form? We've seen it time and time again when her energy sight is described that she sees the world as an ever changing multicolored cacophony of patterns. Take that same theme and apply it to her new form.

Maybe something like this -

But keep it fluid it's fine if in one panel her energy arm is red and 4-5 panels later its a baby blue or something. The name of the game is Ever Changing
    I think that approach is great. She commands multiple forces so no need to stick to a single form if they went that route. Just discussing/thinking on it a bit I can see a lot of potential with this expanse to her powers. Like thinking of she entered the cosmic medium and then taking on an a partial eternity-esque form as she explores those forces…

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I think that approach is great. She commands multiple forces so no need to stick to a single form if they went that route. Just discussing/thinking on it a bit I can see a lot of potential with this expanse to her powers. Like thinking of she entered the cosmic medium and then taking on an a partial eternity-esque form as she explores those forces…
    I like your approach sub as well. she isn't limited to the forces/energies she can manipulate and control so as such she shouldn't be limited with any elemental form she may take on in the future.

The universe just be toying with people's emotions just because it can.

The Calm - An original mutant story of losing everything before the Storm.

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status...47957262979073

And sadly it's not a reality YET!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Yes!

Ororo has never been basic so why would her ascended form be a visual downgrade?

I like your approach sub as well. she isn't limited to the forces/energies she can manipulate and control so as such she shouldn't be limited with any elemental form she may take on in the future.

I love how he put she was connected to ALL the elemtbal forces of the planet. Every breath, every raindrop, every shifting tide, ALL HERS to command - and turn into it!

I love this.. should we get a Disney+ show with this and then an actual movie with her as an adult storm? or would we want an origin thats at the big screen first? I want the latter lol

Quote Originally Posted by subliminally View Post
    yes!

Ororo has never been basic so why would her ascended form be a visual downgrade?

I love how he put she was connected to all the elemtbal forces of the planet. Every breath, every raindrop, every shifting tide, all hers to command - and turn into it!
    periodt+++++

I love this.. should we get a Disney+ show with this and then an actual movie with her as an adult storm? or would we want an origin thats at the big screen first? I want the latter lol
    Well the hyper fan in me is like THROW HER INTO THE MOVIE ALL GROWN UP, FULL GODDESS, ABSOLUTE CONTROL OVER HER POWERS, CAN WIPE OUT A SQUAD OF LATVERIAN PLANES FROM WAKANDA!

But the rational fan in me thinks that it would be a disservice to the character to deny the commoners a backstory that is meaty AF. Looking at that Boss Logic edit, the caption really sticks out - "An original mutant story". Clearly the keyword here is original. We've seen Wolverines origins how many times? The dark phoenix saga (for good or bad) how many times? Hell, we've seen Rogues origins already for crying out loud.

A MULTI-SEASON Disney+ show is the only real way to go imho. Storm's history is just too big to be condensed down into a single 2hr film. Stuff will be chopped out or edited down to the slimmest parts of their originals.

Ororo's story is damn near written for them. Now some stuff might have to be changed to keep a PG/PG13 rating and to adjust for the timeline, but overall it's all RIGHT THERE just waiting for them to jump on it.

You've got heritage from the dawn of humanity

Mysticism from Oshtur (perfect Doc Strange tie-in)

Pegan worship (that outta go over well with some folks, I can hear OneMillionMoms screeching now)

Her journey to self discovery

-and you know I'm missing big chunks of history here-

All culminating to Xavier recruiting her.

And the thing is none of this has to take place before the actual X-Men movie. We can still get our Storm but keep her subsdued in the first movie. Let the other girls shine for a quick minute while we're watching "CALM" grow up into STORM.

I'd watch a downfall of a Princess who ascend to a Mutant Goddess.

Don't hate me, but every since reading X-Men Red #6 and Judgement Day # 4, I've been thinking about what if senarios with Storm and Magneto as a couple! Their scenes had a lot of chemistry!