Page 616 of 833 FirstFirst ... 116516566606612613614615616617618619620626666716 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    To my knowledge it's always been like that. Telepathy is just one of those word descriptions that get tossed out and replaced willynilly. Like how Xavier is often said to be the "Greatest mutant mind" or "Most powerful mind on Earth". It's always telepathy being described since you can't really say that 'greatest mutant mind" means he's the smartest Mutant alive or the best strategist.
    Ok, I got you.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If that's the road they're going with Jean than we're going to need a stadium sized umbrella. I'm sure you're well aware at how many powers can be classified as "Psychic" and then given the current definition that would put Jean at the top of the food chain in all of them. Everything from Aura Manipulation to Chrono-manipulation.

If this is what Gillen is doing with Jean then they must be setting her up to get her own book because she wouldn't need a team. Hell, she'd need a whole new set of villains.

No, if by psychic they mean tk/tp then it's simply returning a title she's already had until Hickman stole it from her and slapped it on our resident ruby religious zealot.
    No.
    Jean is specifically Telepathy and Telekinesis...with both having broad applications and use.

Jean should not be capable of pre-cognition or chrono manipulation as those have never been her specialties...as they are for Destiny and Rachel.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Lmao yous a mess.

I'd put psychometry in there as well for the sole reason that I feel like an Omega telepth of Jean's caliber shooooould have enough power and skill to read the psychic residue on an object.
    Yes, I iz a Mess. :-)

LOL Residue sounds nasty, but yea I can agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No.
    Jean is specifically Telepathy and Telekinesis...with both having broad applications and use.

Jean should not be capable of pre-cognition or chrono manipulation as those have never been her specialties...as they are for Destiny and Rachel.
    Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yes, I iz a Mess. :-)

LOL Residue sounds nasty, but yea I can agree with that.
    Lol I suppose 'essence' could be a more comfortable replacement.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I need to see the expanded fight against Uranos like now!!!! Im curious how Ewing will interpret this battle.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I need to see the expanded fight against Uranos like now!!!! Im curious how Ewing will interpret this battle.
    See this is my thing! This one moment with Cable pretty much "out gunned" anything (to my knowledge) that Storm has EVER output with the exception of the Galactic Core feat which wasn't really a fight feat so not really applicable.

3 minutes of constant firing hard-light bullets that can melt osmium which has a melting point of 5,491°F and that only weakened him.

ON THE OTHER HAND

While it looks impressive I have to wonder if Science is being trumped by storytelling/plot? A single lightning bolt is comfortably at 36,000°F~50,000°F. We all know that Storm can lessen or amplify the power behind her bolts as well as do a multitude of other things to enhance their damage.

Then you also have to factor in his Dead Man's switch which on one seems to be able to have a counter for?

Now I would be over the moon if Storm could "SEE" this thread of energy and work it so that it's no longer bound to him but maybe to something more sturdy? Maybe Arakko or something, idk.

Ok, enough rambling.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    dont care about the hair....but its 100% Omega Elemental - Planetary all powerful --- goodness what has Ewing done?!?! -- ahahaha even Sinister and whatever obsession he has with the Summer's line would be ashamed he never thought about this...ahahaha
    lols on the Wanda skit....I love it

P.S. I tried justifying Magneto's old age as not appropriate for Storm but **** I remember her advancing on Old man Logan (again take note Logan IS already old, how much older is an Old man Logan could get?) like that is too ancient!!!! Hey Im not judging her taste -- she doesnt date younger, except that surfer guy -- and to note and be fair isnt the resurrection there to adjust and practically defy their age? Lols especially that Storm's age is also defied by too many de-aging tbh

anyways this whole "new chemistry" between them is so surprisingly built in a way i cant even deflect it -- in defense of my already OTP -- coz its quite logical.....

id have to slap myself a few more times ahaha but yeah Omega babies!!!!
    Considering how they meet, itīs not strange they have romantic subtext,they just have such a great dynamic that Ewingīs take makes complete sense for them,so I say Yes to an Omega baby from them

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Lmao yous a mess.

I'd put psychometry in there as well for the sole reason that I feel like an Omega telepth of Jean's caliber shooooould have enough power and skill to read the psychic residue on an object.
    Didn't Jean do just that with Xaiver's silverware during <Ahem!> Morrison's run?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Didn't Jean do just that with Xaiver's silverware during <Ahem!> Morrison's run?
    No?

She didn't read the history of the spoons. She felt Xavier's pulse through it which was to show her extreme tk sensitivity. She didn't touch it and tell Xavier where the spoons were before he got them or where they came from or hell even the location of the ore where the silver was harvested from.

Mighty Member

See this is my thing! This one moment with Cable pretty much "out gunned" anything (to my knowledge) that Storm has EVER output with the exception of the Galactic Core feat which wasn't really a fight feat so not really applicable.

3 minutes of constant firing hard-light bullets that can melt osmium which has a melting point of 5,491°F and that only weakened him.

ON THE OTHER HAND

While it looks impressive I have to wonder if Science is being trumped by storytelling/plot? A single lightning bolt is comfortably at 36,000°F~50,000°F. We all know that Storm can lessen or amplify the power behind her bolts as well as do a multitude of other things to enhance their damage.

Then you also have to factor in his Dead Man's switch which on one seems to be able to have a counter for?

Now I would be over the moon if Storm could "SEE" this thread of energy and work it so that it's no longer bound to him but maybe to something more sturdy? Maybe Arakko or something, idk.

Ok, enough rambling.
    Her beating the trion was a bigger feat, her beating death, her creating a super ozone field to save the earth was a bigger feat, and her splitting all the atmospheres to stop a tidal wave was a bigger feat. That's just off the top of my head. This was great for Cable but Magneto and Storm together did more to damage Uranos than anything Cable did.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Jean has a new category of Omega abilities in Judgment Day, can Storm regain one as well? Weather manipulation is really lazy.
    What do you mean lazy? its probably one of the greatest classification that no one can copy without referencing to her -- not even Thor which rarely in concept, "do weather" -- most of the time he is still referred with just lightning powers so it wont cross over -- she's fine -- its just gonna be different when applied to Mar's environment -- id argued before that weather is an entire energy manipulation thing in the first place -- its easy on the science and readers should be able to grasp it easily as well (lols except when character bias is involved) -- and we need a very very good science fiction writer to do that all the time -- its just that not all writers are that good in the science department -

suspension of belief relies on reality it decides to bend and its more readable to take from what's real (no need to explin the relatable aspect) than settle with the argument that its fictional and forgetable coz it wont remind you that a cloud exist in your daily life -- readers would want to relate to what they are consuming otherwise they might pass on that book -- I think this is why they havent included her magical potential yet -- think captain america just being a nice super soldier but is everyone's favorite coz he is such a relatable patriotic human character.

Im not saying I dont want her to progress with cosmic weather -- I do -- but I dont want her character totally changed for the sake of greed and the "need" to be overpowered. I think at current she is at a balanced state, her old time readers are not lost at how her original powerset concept were for years, and new readers can still grasp that her powerset are natural and still believable. So i think she is still fine -- I dont like the screenrant article that is suggestive changing of her name too -- coz off sky is hideous lols imho -- we are just tired of the go to lightning -- trust me Id even want to point out her last shot at that machine was still practically a huge bolt of lightning but with added flare by Ewing -- at least there was some needed circuitry involved in it...with sobunar and the light concept -- id make a pass on it.
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 09-21-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Considering how they meet, itīs not strange they have romantic subtext,they just have such a great dynamic that Ewingīs take makes complete sense for them,so I say Yes to an Omega baby from them

lols first time she met him she was plotting to kill him -- that's still what keeps me from jumping ship from my OTP -- considerably they did progressed on friendly terms -- id give that -- im just saying its a potential literal "power" coupling...im not yet there...im just accepting that yes should they need a literal fan fiction all powerful coupling -- or two mutants having kids -- that is one powerful offspring...and yes given the her current ship state that is potential --
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 09-21-2022 at 04:12 PM.

Lmao why were you worried tho? If anything this maybe would've opened up the door for Storm's power classification to be changed. "Weather Manipulation" just seems so ummm limited, I guess? It gives the impression that her abilities start and stop at making it rain and throwing lightning bolts when we all know there's soooooooooo much more under her hood.
    I don't think it's limited, I think it's limited to the way they work Storm, but she manipulates the weather and weather is composed of climatic elements that, only with that skill Storm could do so much.
    Storm can manipulate matter and energy to unimaginable degrees, at least it should.

Storm can manipulate atoms, the fourth physical state of matter (plasma), electrons, she should manipulate gravitational force as well since this is responsible for atmospheric pressure, she can manipulate temperature, subatomic particles like electrons, elements at the molecular level, Storm is supposed to be one of the most powerful mutants among the omegas but they limit it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

]lols first time she met him she was plotting to kill him -- that's still what keeps me from jumping ship from my OTP -- considerably they did progressed on friendly terms -- id give that -- im just saying its a potential literal "power" coupling...im not yet there...im just accepting that yes should they need a literal fan fiction all powerful coupling -- or two mutants having kids -- that is one powerful offspring...and yes given the her current ship state that is potential --
    They got better, what I liked about them in the 80īs was Magneto telling Storm about Magda and Anya before anybody else, even Charles didnt know at the time, Dr Strange had to tell him, they shared the White King Place on the Hellfire Club and Storm went to the past and protected him from Legion in the prologue to Age of Apocalypse and his children know, Pietro mentioned her as one of the mutants whose council Magneto respects. Thereīs just so much interesting subtext between them that I didnīt know why the writers didnīt do more with it, so I am quite happy Ewing catch it and made them a little more explicit I am biased of course, I always liked their mutual respect and friendliness be it as foes or allies.

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022