Page 623 of 833 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    No, they are not. In fact it’s the opposite. Storm is still treated as Fodder and anything she does is PIS in their eyes.
    I feel like the new complaint with Storm in this era is her not losing. People are REALLY pressed and in their feelings that she hasn't lost a battle. Never mind the past decade where she was taking loss after loss(not that they were bothered or had something to say about that). Now that she isn't drooling on the floor every two seconds they mad! It's quite humorous. If she doesn't get beat soon they may just go crazy.
    Last edited by Saturius; 09-26-2022 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I feel like the new complaint with Storm in this era is her not losing. People are REALLY pressed and in their feelings that she hasn't lost a battle. Never mind the past decade where she was taking loss after loss(not that they were bothered or had something to say about that). Now that she isn't drooling on the floor every two seconds they mad! It's quite humorous. If she doesn't get beat soon they may just go crazy.
    Speaking nothing but glorious truths on this Monday afternoon!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

lol "AH, Stop! Storm is winning TOO MUCH. I need to see her get One-Shotted."

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

where are you seeing this? I very rarely look outside the storm thread these days to avoid such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Well imo the fact that some Storm fans weren't in a state of orgasmic bliss over the feat is kinda a cool thing. We're not one big hive mind echo chamber and I enjoy reading that. I know there's always going to be some spice in this thread, lol.
    lol exactly
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    where are you seeing this? I very rarely look outside the storm thread these days to avoid such nonsense.
    It's everywhere. CBR, reddit, twitter. But it doesn't matter. Haters always do.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    It's everywhere. CBR, reddit, twitter. But it doesn't matter. Haters always do.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    As mentioned by Stormborn, I see it a lot on reddit and CBR. I don't do twitter so can't speak to that. I remember thinking how odd a complaint it was when I first heard it, but then the mentions just became more and more frequent. Then I remembered the "humble herself" energy on these boards and it all made "sense" why her not being a joke had some people bothered. A lot of people don't want a powerful Storm with agency and relevance. The backlash she's getting from certain corners is silly, but It is what it is I guess.

As mentioned by Stormborn, I see it a lot on reddit and CBR. I don't do twitter so can't speak to that. I remember thinking how odd a complaint it was when I first heard it, but then the mentions just became more and more frequent. Then I remembered the "humble herself" energy on these boards and it all made "sense" why her not being a joke had some people bothered. A lot of people don't want a powerful Storm with agency and relevance. The backlash she's getting from certain corners is silly, but It is what it is I guess.
    Indeed. I’ll happily drink their tears !

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Indeed. I’ll happily drink their tears !
    I prefer to drown them in it...For their ignorance and stupidity of youth (because no one who is familiar with Claremont's Storm would ever think such)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I prefer to drown them in it...For their ignorance and stupidity of youth (because no one who is familiar with Claremont's Storm would ever think such)
    Hear hear! Storm has been done wrong for a long time now. I'm beyond happy to see her powerful and in charge.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

If I ever have that much salt over a fictional character I'm having myself committed.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    If I ever have that much salt over a fictional character I'm having myself committed.
    One only has to look all that was said about black people being on fictional shows like lotr and game of thrones to know what's up. No one has a problem with making Jesus or Cleopatra white but cast some black people in fiction or let them "win" and the world is ending
    This is the year of people showing themselves for who they are and I am here for it
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    One only has to look all that was said about black people being on fictional shows like lotr and game of thrones to know what's up. No one has a problem with making Jesus or Cleopatra white but cast some black people in fiction or let them "win" and the world is ending
    This is the year of people showing themselves for who they are and I am here for it
    You are very much right, Jwatt.

I tend to compartmentalize fandoms based on what's being discussed but that ends up being a negative when it dawns on me that those people complaining about black people in fantasy are often the same ones complaining on comic forums about any character of color being anything more than wallpaper/the token.

BANNED

Marvel has plenty of Black characters sure they usually get killed and have no parents because they were kicked out to the street and forced to join the X-Men when their mutant powers manifested.
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-27-2022 at 12:33 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I try my Best to stay away from Ignorant Posters. HOWEVER, I MUST correct people if they are giving False information about Storm. Especially, to those people who believe Storm is not a Good H2H combatant. And OH yes! Lots a people believe that. So, I must correct them. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Which I find funny and embarrassing. Those Haters who claim to have read Chris Claremont Storm and STILL have the nerve to talk so much **** about Storm?! Is HILARIOUS. But that just shows me who’s being a Hater vs someone who didn’t Read Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I try my Best to stay away from Ignorant Posters. HOWEVER, I MUST correct people if they are giving False information about Storm. Especially, to those people who believe Storm is not a Good H2H combatant. And OH yes! Lots a people believe that. So, I must correct them. :-)
    Lol well said. And I try to do the same. And keep her martial combat skill feats thread updated on CV when we get a noteworthy moment. I feel like thsi x-era has been good about trying to highlight this talent for Storm.