Page 633 of 833 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634635636637643683733 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,495 of 12488
    Amazing Member

After storm battled Vulcan, what is the big thing she has done with her power. This book is coming to an end soon, what will she do now she is no longer the regent of Mars

Quote Originally Posted by Barthchrist01 View Post
    After storm battled Vulcan, what is the big thing she has done with her power. This book is coming to an end soon, what will she do now she is no longer the regent of Mars
    That rumor was debunked by Ewing himself.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

books not ending but even beating Vulcan was whatever as he wasn't at full power :/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    The thing for me is we learn nothing new about storm. I would like to know more of her history. Lol or Mohawk ain’t for everyone lol. I just hate that she really didn’t do anything.
    we still have yet to understand why she fought for a seat on the the arakkii circle in the first place. I mean seriously.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-04-2022 at 11:32 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The book is not over, there will still be an issue 11.Storm did not leave Arakko, Arakko is still her child and she will save the Red Planet.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Mighty Member

Let the naysayers complain. Coates book was in every metric a failure while Ewing is writing lord of the rings. This book is on a whole different level and I can't wait to see what he does. It's already light years ahead of Coates in terms of characterization and character progression. He's done more to develop the Arraki and make me love them than Coates did with his 3 year empire building of the galactic empire. That book was boring and really didn't do much.

simply because we can't talk about red issue gonna post my favorite feats from Coates run:

- controlled sentient storms and closed interdimensional portals
    - ascended to literal divine being
    - defeated adversary a multiversal threat
    - depowered wakandan ship made of vibranium components
    - defeated several fleets of intergalactic wakandan ships by controlling the life support systems by way of energy manipulation
    - akin to the galactic core feat manipulated energies within a large area of the intergalactic wakandan galaxy
    - displayed telepathy resistance feat
    - controlled life energy causing plants to grow after being near death

So many wonderful and creative feats from Coates. Hoping really hoping Ewing delivers with Ororo in his book and surpass some of those feats in black panther cause I've not seen it yet.

#neverforget
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-04-2022 at 11:58 PM.

deleted --omg im sorry ill just repost my response again in a few hours -- cant do the spoiler yellow thing with this phone sorry sorry sorry
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 10-05-2022 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would third ...except that comparable to Ridley and that anticipated Gillen id say Ewing is just slowing down (resolution phase) before Storm can finally finally dasurv slap the most power grabbing villain of the book -- how is it that this woman can get Isca as of book 6 and feel compassion for her accursed mutation is a good point last week to follow through -- complimentary for her being both a humbled and compassionate leader and still mixed badass warrior when tested while of course Storm doesnt necessarily win all the time (and its tiring)-- sometimes winning can be subjective too -- being alive in this riot of gillens work can be considered winning anyways (and that spoiler gave me the heart attack coz the shit did Isca challenged for the Seat?) now that's a different House of the Dragon drama...although I agree I miss all the continuous highs of Coates grandeur for Storm -- and I agree thats always a win win for us -- coz who doesnt love the writer who actually gave the proper respect for Storm -- im just gonna settle down with Ewing open intent anyways to give her a smaller throne as pointed since day 1 of Red and his interviews....but still he managed to give i would say more than half bake that other X writers had been doing for years even with that lowered goal in mind...id say 2 on 2 points between BP Coates and X Ewing for the Sword Regent title: Hadari Yao title and the planetary feats vs Cosmic feats

Ridley cuts a lot of points for BP just saying thats why the scores....hope someone is still lobbying for Coates to write a Storm Solo coz if Ewing fails to relaunch a trajectory for Storm here -- we need his boost...helps to read back on 2018-2019 threads as well and be informed how fun those threads were for fans as satisfactory credit to Coates ...those were really fun exchanges to read rather than just make assumptions around. like dont know dont care where they are getting information but that thread has the receipts -- Ewing makes it to 25th issue then perhaps he can be forgiven for giving Storm a smaller throne.
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 10-05-2022 at 02:14 AM.

Storm, once again, written to take a lower position. A trend they love to keep her in.

She looked positively gorgeous in this book.

the biggest problem with this story was that she gave up the position of regent of the sun so easily. Why did they give her this job then?
    My only interest now is Gambit

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    the biggest problem with this story was that she gave up the position of regent of the sun so easily. Why did they give her this job then?
    My only interest now is Gambit
    Am telling you. Stepping down broke my heart.

Some seem to have been waiting for the opportunity to jump on Ewing and throw him under the bus with every bad storm writer. This issue doesn't make me long for coates in the least. The positive is it takes away any real reason for storm to step down from the krakoa council and occupying what she does give her more freedom, the level of which tarn had to move around meaning there is now no excuse why she can't actively protect her mother and child. So at this point i'm expecting a Storm and the Guardians of the Galaxy or a bigger role all over the MU, that will be the tell for me what this is really about. If it ends with a gillien writing storm though i'm out. lol. I have to see where this takes her before i can really formulate anything especially since this is all she has. And this feels very connected to the path of judgement and sos which i have no interest in. And given the preview of it it's as little barf to see a grown woman take on the mantle of someone else daddy and even that in a sense feels like set up for Gillien's next big thing so i mean maybe just not for me but again time will tell.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I'm just saying, plenty of people have (with validity) argued that Storm's positions and titles in this era - when written by some writers - were nothing more than lip service that made it seem like they were showing Storm more respect than they were actually giving her in the narratives.

The actual titles, no matter how much prestige they suggested for her, flat out did not compare to her getting stories where her actions and choices mattered more than the occasional name-dropping of her and her titles to appease fans.

But if the titles ultimately didn't say or do anything DEFINITIVE for her character, and in the end the actual measure of respect that mattered was narrative focus......then I don't think there's anything you can do JUST with her titles or a particular one that actually definitively TAKES something from her character....if she still winds up driving the story just as much, regardless of her particular titles at any given moment. And that's for future issues to determine, of course, but speaking just for myself, I don't see anything about Storm's depiction this issue....let alone where the issue left her, that suggests Ewing intends to have her step out of the narrative spotlight ANY time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm just saying, plenty of people have (with validity) argued that Storm's positions and titles in this era - when written by some writers - were nothing more than lip service that made it seem like they were showing Storm more respect than they were actually giving her in the narratives.

The actual titles, no matter how much prestige they suggested for her, flat out did not compare to her getting stories where her actions and choices mattered more than the occasional name-dropping of her and her titles to appease fans.

But if the titles ultimately didn't say or do anything DEFINITIVE for her character, and in the end the actual measure of respect that mattered was narrative focus......then I don't think there's anything you can do JUST with her titles or a particular one that actually definitively TAKES something from her character....if she still winds up driving the story just as much, regardless of her particular titles at any given moment. And that's for future issues to determine, of course, but speaking just for myself, I don't see anything about Storm's depiction this issue....let alone where the issue left her, that suggests Ewing intends to have her step out of the narrative spotlight ANY time soon.
    True. This sets up the potential for the best of both worlds as it potentially gives her more freedom and just as much power. The biggest issue is i don't trust the x-line or marvel when it comes to characters of color in strong positions, there is always a walk back but that's not for me to worry about quite frankly and i think i've been better at just dropping stuff and moving to something with a cast i want to see even if i don't know the cast. Now Storm is expected to step up at a specific time for arrako and now she can spend more time amongst the people and most likely away from earth and arrako so it does create a lot of potential. Ewing is the least of my worries and this was another well written issue but we've seen certain writers do have more power at marvel, the power to stop entire books for the "next big thing". Ewing does not seem to be favored in the power structure like some less deserving, imo, writers are.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/