Page 665 of 833 FirstFirst ... 165565615655661662663664665666667668669675715765 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 12488
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So.... acknowledging a woman's feminity and beauty is "lusting" now? Damn! Then I clearly must not be gay. Because I notice women's beauty every day.
    To be clear he's not saying he wants to suddenly jump her bones but just acknowledging that for the first time he seeing the woman behind the cool, reserved, tightly controlled "Goddess" facade. That's all At this time he was also very much in Love with Lilandra so...
    That is Correct.

I don't know where this Lusting is coming from, Storm ain't no Jean or Lilandra because Charles REALLY wants to BANG both of those Women LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would think even as an omega level mutant she would still have some constraints and wouldn't be able to produce weather effects from nothing. we saw this recently from red when she needed sobunar to unleash an ocean so that she could create a monsoon against uranos death machines.
    Yeah that's what I figured. Even as an omega she still has to work with what's available.

My only nit-pick is that did she really NEED Sobunar to add water or was that just them doing the "no one fights alone" theme that has taken over this era? I mean we've seen Storm pull massive amounts of water out of thin air before.

I will say that this particular scene should be added to her direct water manipulation abilities considering she explicitly stated she sculpted a monsoon out of a "clear sky".
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

The whole Xavier lusting after Storm thing is weird to me. Even if that was the case (which it wasn't), why would he just not notice how female and attractive she is when their first real interaction was when she was topless and basically in a female loincloth? He didn't notice her attractiveness then but when she was walking around like "Mr. T"?

Again, just an observation. Not really trying to start building a Xavier & Storm ship. I'm still hoping Craig of NASA becomes Craig of Storm's.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

@Butterflykyss

Mam, this is not a episode of Hoarders. Clean out your inboxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Yeah that's what I figured. Even as an omega she still has to work with what's available.

My only nit-pick is that did she really NEED Sobunar to add water or was that just them doing the "no one fights alone" theme that has taken over this era? I mean we've seen Storm pull massive amounts of water out of thin air before.

I will say that this particular scene should be added to her direct water manipulation abilities considering she explicitly stated she sculpted a monsoon out of a "clear sky".
    I think that was the "no one fights alone" because there has been MANY times Storm has made Monsoons and Rain etc etc.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The whole Xavier lusting after Storm thing is weird to me. Even if that was the case (which it wasn't), why would he just not notice how female and attractive she is when their first real interaction was when she was topless and basically in a female loincloth? He didn't notice her attractiveness then but when she was walking around like "Mr. T"?

Again, just an observation. Not really trying to start building a Xavier & Storm ship. I'm still hoping Craig of NASA becomes Craig of Storm's.
    It had more to do with her showing such emotion and passion since undergoing her recent physical and emotional transformation (thanks to Yukio) and not about her T and A and long flowing white hair.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I think that was the "no one fights alone" because there has been MANY times Storm has made Monsoons and Rain etc etc.
    Yeah that's my logic. I always remember that one scene where she had to clear some solders out of a hallway and she summoned a massive flood and dissipated it just as fast. The act left Scott shook lmaoooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It had more to do with her showing such emotion and passion since undergoing her recent physical and emotional transformation (thanks to Yukio) and not about her T and A and long flowing white hair.
    Point.

you have a great memory!!

Yep I was with him the first sentence, how he was realizing the humanity of storm probably for the first time as he himself noted he thought she was above it all. Then it went to "how female and attractive she is" and I was like huh? When did we get here? Because this is a woman he knew when she was 5 years old and he was god knows how old. Could have kept it cute in the first sentence but nope had to note to himself how attractive she is. Idk about anybody but I find that weird af.
    IMG_20221013_080655.jpg

Thank God it died there and then, I hope?
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

My nit pick about x-men red soo far is that I am yet to be blown away by any feat that ewing was brainstorming. Like dont get me wrong I love the story its easily the strongest xbook out right now, the plot is very very good. But ewing made it a point to note that he had been brainstorming for storm's abilities and sooo far everything she has done it has been done before and some even better. First example the monsoon thing like you mentioned she has created one from literally no where before why is this impressive? And I get it was togetherness and all that but like I was still sitting there very unimpressed and very confused. Lactuca could have sent that thing to the sun and ended it permanently but strom wanted to strike it down with lightning which it will definately heal from and kill more arakkii? So in the end, why?
    Anytime I read red I have two expressions the first is just absolute awe for the plot and charachter work and the seccond is well...
    tumblr_81d624459d60dbe19c922ca891080482_797e1950_540.jpg

For the "feats" or accurately put storm just striking lightning. Even the life force thing was not a storm original it was a magneto move. The vulcan thing was cool then we learnt he is not true vulcan or whatever. So it's like soo far I am not gagging and if this is the brainstorming he did, Well....

Maybe issue 10 the fight between storm and true vulcan will happen, and will give gag worthy feats for the gurls who care.
    large-4846956.jpg

But after that she will be entering her mini Stormneto flop era for a month or three. Again her people are going to get genocided another storyline we cant seem to escape. Then another flop era in fall of X. It's like woow next year, why?

The Monsoon Feat Storm did was pretty creative. Storm has never used a Monsoon to Block Laser's Before so that in of itself is pretty Neat. Regarding Magneto everything from the Start of his Heart Ripped out till him dying was just Storm keeping him alive. You could argue those attacks was more Storm than Mags, but that's not the point. The Point was Mutant Circuit.

I for one am Excited for Stormneto, regardless what happens in that Mini is still 616 Storm. If your "Gag Feats" you might get them in the Mini as well as her battle with Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    My nit pick about x-men red soo far is that I am yet to be blown away by any feat that ewing was brainstorming. Like dont get me wrong I love the story its easily the strongest xbook out right now, the plot is very very good. But ewing made it a point to note that he had been brainstorming for storm's abilities and sooo far everything she has done it has been done before and some even better. First example the monsoon thing like you mentioned she has created one from literally no where before why is this impressive? And I get it was togetherness and all that but like I was still sitting there very unimpressed and very confused. Lactuca could have sent that thing to the sun and ended it permanently but strom wanted to strike it down with lightning which it will definately heal from and kill more arakkii? So in the end, why?
    Anytime I read red I have two expressions the first is just absolute awe for the plot and charachter work and the seccond is well...
    tumblr_81d624459d60dbe19c922ca891080482_797e1950_540.jpg

For the "feats" or accurately put storm just striking lightning. Even the life force thing was not a storm original it was a magneto move. The vulcan thing was cool then we learnt he is not true vulcan or whatever. So it's like soo far I am not gagging and if this is the brainstorming he did, Well....

Maybe issue 10 the fight between storm and true vulcan will happen, and will give gag worthy feats for the gurls who care.
    large-4846956.jpg

But after that she will be entering her mini Stormneto flop era for a month or three. Again her people are going to get genocided another storyline we cant seem to escape. Then another flop era in fall of X. It's like woow next year, why?
    I'm with you in the feats department. The moment this book was announced and the team behind it I was hoping we'd get to see some cosmic displays from Storm. Gravity, intense heat, radiation, stellar storms. Just a natural and more detailed place for her powers to be since like you pointed out, even her manipulating space weather isn't anything new to her. Still, it would've been nice to see Ewing go there with her.

But like I kept pointing out when Red #7 dropped, the story is not over so who knows what Ewing still has under his hat. All of us may be gagged when it's all said and done.

The Monsoon Feat Storm did was pretty creative. Storm has never used a Monsoon to Block Laser's Before so that in of itself is pretty Neat. Regarding Magneto everything from the Start of his Heart Ripped out till him dying was just Storm keeping him alive. You could argue those attacks was more Storm than Mags, but that's not the point. The Point was Mutant Circuit.

I for one am Excited for Stormneto, regardless what happens in that Mini is still 616 Storm. If your "Gag Feats" you might get them in the Mini as well as her battle with Vulcan.
    I like how Ewing made note that his powers attunes to hers. I just wish her narration went a tiny bit deeper to explain just HOW it attunes. The discussions here long before the issue dropped said as much since Storm's abilities would actually subsume both Magneto & Bobby's and I guess Vulcan now(?) at the fundamental level.

Yeah except she has dome that before in the before years, when she shaped water drops to focus light. And as like ohk when I saw her do it again, nice call back but where is the brainstorming that we were promised?
    And the em heart thing, ohk? I said I knew it was for togetherness or whatever. Magneto did it first the first time they fought, like I said call backs where is the brainstorming?

And for you opinion on stormneto, erhm sure? Ohk? Congrats? Like I said "for the girls that care" I dont know how that includes you if you dont?
    20221014_211111.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

no it took that long because of how massive it was.

The fact that is was so huge is the abnormal part, the fact that it grew so quickly wasn't normal.

Mighty Member

He's NEVER lusted after Storm. He thinks she's Attractive. But never has he lusted after her.

It was Jean, not Storm.

NO, bad memory. That is NOT correct. Charles is not Lusting after Storm in that Panel.
    Thank you. Finding someone attractive isn't the same thing as saying I want to have sex with that person.