Page 668 of 833 FirstFirst ... 168568618658664665666667668669670671672678718768 ... LastLast
Results 10,006 to 10,020 of 12488
    Astonishing Member

I would love a limited maxi-series of like twelve issues or whatever, called something like X-Men: Omega War, where in the distant, distant, DISTANT future, omega mutants who have all found natural ways to transcend/be immortal have evolved into god-like entities who are aligned in various factions and waging wars against each other across the cosmos, and like.....the time-traveling character has to find some way to avert the war and save the future by figuring out how to keep the present-day omegas from ever losing sight of their essential humanity to the degree where they start operating just on a cosmic/big picture scale that doesn't factor in the needs of singular, individual lives.

Like, that way you can have Feat-apalooza for all omegas, you keep it essentially AU in all practical ways that matter, so like, the feats are THERE but they have the context of 'will take hundreds or thousands of years of learning about their powers to be replicating this stuff so that's why it doesn't impact current comics', there's not directly the whole 'oh they are to blame for doing this or that thousands of years in the future' because AU time travel rules means that it wasn't actually them and you can't exactly be blaming them for shit they haven't done yet and now will never do, etc.

Easiest way I can see to have our cake and eat it too, with various characters, and give glimpses/pay homage to what the comics keep saying omega mutants SHOULD be capable of, when they'll never actually allow them to operate at that level in current-set comics because it would break the stakes and mean they're essentially solo-ing anything less than cosmic entity level antagonists.

(But also, make it a self-contained side comic that doesn't impact the rest of the line and take over everything a la Sins of Sinister or Judgment Day, since that shit IS annoying and like, completely unnecessary for something like this, which can easily be a self-contained storyline that's followed and resolved in just one single temporary series).
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 10-15-2022 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I would love a limited maxi-series of like twelve issues or whatever, called something like X-Men: Omega War, where in the distant, distant, DISTANT future, omega mutants who have all found natural ways to transcend/be immortal have evolved into god-like entities who are aligned in various factions and waging wars against each other across the cosmos, and like.....the time-traveling character has to find some way to avert the war and save the future by figuring out how to keep the present-day omegas from ever losing sight of their essential humanity to the degree where they start operating just on a cosmic/big picture scale that doesn't factor in the needs of singular, individual lives.

Like, that way you can have Feat-apalooza for all omegas, you keep it essentially AU in all practical ways that matter, so like, the feats are THERE but they have the context of 'will take hundreds or thousands of years of learning about their powers to be replicating this stuff so that's why it doesn't impact current comics', there's not directly the whole 'oh they are to blame for doing this or that thousands of years in the future' because AU time travel rules means that it wasn't actually them and you can't exactly be blaming them for shit they haven't done yet and now will never do, etc.

Easiest way I can see to have our cake and eat it too, with various characters, and give glimpses/pay homage to what the comics keep saying omega mutants SHOULD be capable of, when they'll never actually allow them to operate at that level in current-set comics because it would break the stakes and mean they're essentially solo-ing anything less than cosmic entity level antagonists.

(But also, make it a self-contained side comic that doesn't impact the rest of the line and take over everything a la Sins of Sinister or Judgment Day, since that shit IS annoying and like, completely unnecessary for something like this, which can easily be a self-contained storyline that's followed and resolved in just one single temporary series).
    I like this idea!

I only question what would the reality manipulators turn into? Would they replace the cosmic forces like eternity and entropy?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I hope this is where Ewing is taking her as well, cosmic-level adventures. And to Subliminally's ideas, I desire an Arakki/Shi'ar alliance that rivals all others across the cosmos.
    Thanks!

Yeah, it's just something to attempt to make everyone happy. The ones who like her solo/tram less, can also just happen to tram up with another cosmic hero for an issue or 2, those who like feats, those who like the powerless h2h Storm (since eventually you know she'll come across some alien hooligans who just need a PROPER a$$-whippin).

As for the alliance, I'm not too sure the Shi'ar as a whole would go for it? I feel like they'd think the Arakki are too savage, even with Storm's continued attempt to smooth the edges. But hell who knows!? This is all fan-story lol.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Thanks!

Yeah, it's just something to attempt to make everyone happy. The ones who like her solo/tram less, can also just happen to tram up with another cosmic hero for an issue or 2, those who like feats, those who like the powerless h2h Storm (since eventually you know she'll come across some alien hooligans who just need a PROPER a$$-whippin).

As for the alliance, I'm not too sure the Shi'ar as a whole would go for it? I feel like they'd think the Arakki are too savage, even with Storm's continued attempt to smooth the edges. But hell who knows!? This is all fan-story lol.
    Oooh, that dichotomy actually sounds quite exciting. The mixing of the preening Shi'ar with the rough and tumble Arakki. I smell a star-crossed lovers story in there, literally.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I like this idea!

I only question what would the reality manipulators turn into? Would they replace the cosmic forces like eternity and entropy?
    Not necessarily. Reality warpers could theoretically just keep themselves largely as they already are, just warp reality to render themselves effectively immortal - its more their perspective that would change, and the scale and intricacy at which they use their powers.

Back in the early 2000s, or maybe late 90s? Can't remember. DC's Legion of Superheroes did a miniseries called Legion Lost, where one of their main characters, Element Lad, ended up being thrown millions of years back in time by a cosmic event that left him immortal in the process. His power was basically just transmutation, but that series did a great job of showing how that power alone, when perfected over a long enough period of time by someone who was immortal, like.....literally made him capable of creating entire species, destroying planets and suns, etc...but also, despite being one of the most peaceful members of the Legion before that, all that solitude and the vast scale his powers now operated at warped how he viewed other life. Because the universe just seemed like one giant toy to him after a long enough time, and he lost sight of the value of other beings' lives, when they seemed to blink in and out of existence in what felt like seconds to him, compared to how long he lasted.

That's the kind of story I'd love to see omega mutants used to explore, especially because that kind of storyline is usually only used on one single character. What's really fascinating to me about imagining omegas on that scale or timeline is the variety you could explore in how the scale/timeline of their lives DIDN'T automatically impact them all the same way. Like some single individual omegas like Vulcan or Jamie Braddock could easily end up just like Element Lad there....but at the same time, omegas who are less inclined to be solitary and stay emotionally connected to each other through all that time like Storm, Jean, Bobby and maybe others like Elixir....how would this scale and passage of time affect them and their outlooks when they remain a kind of family unit throughout the eons, still invested in others outside of just themselves?

Oooh, that dichotomy actually sounds quite exciting. The mixing of the preening Shi'ar with the rough and tumble Arakki. I smell a star-crossed lovers story in there, literally.
    Lmao, not the MARVEL EVENT Romeo & Juliet ft Shi'ar and Arakki.

Also please excuse the typos. Joys of typing on a phone at work.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Not necessarily. Reality warpers could theoretically just keep themselves largely as they already are, just warp reality to render themselves effectively immortal - its more their perspective that would change, and the scale and intricacy at which they use their powers.

Back in the early 2000s, or maybe late 90s? Can't remember. DC's Legion of Superheroes did a miniseries called Legion Lost, where one of their main characters, Element Lad, ended up being thrown millions of years back in time by a cosmic event that left him immortal in the process. His power was basically just transmutation, but that series did a great job of showing how that power alone, when perfected over a long enough period of time by someone who was immortal, like.....literally made him capable of creating entire species, destroying planets and suns, etc...but also, despite being one of the most peaceful members of the Legion before that, all that solitude and the vast scale his powers now operated at warped how he viewed other life. Because the universe just seemed like one giant toy to him after a long enough time, and he lost sight of the value of other beings' lives, when they seemed to blink in and out of existence in what felt like seconds to him, compared to how long he lasted.

That's the kind of story I'd love to see omega mutants used to explore, especially because that kind of storyline is usually only used on one single character. What's really fascinating to me about imagining omegas on that scale or timeline is the variety you could explore in how the scale/timeline of their lives DIDN'T automatically impact them all the same way. Like some single individual omegas like Vulcan or Jamie Braddock could easily end up just like Element Lad there....but at the same time, omegas who are less inclined to be solitary and stay emotionally connected to each other through all that time like Storm, Jean, Bobby and maybe others like Elixir....how would this scale and passage of time affect them and their outlooks when they remain a kind of family unit throughout the eons, still invested in others outside of just themselves?
    I see.

Well I can say pretty confidently that I couldn't see Storm going down that path. It quite literally pains her to be away from people/life sustaining energies. I remember during the brood saga she basically cursed the fact she was in a "dead and steel" ship"..

Elixir is a wild card to me. I can see him going very insane and casually wiping out entire civilizations on a whim just to rebuild them bit by bit.

Lmao, not the MARVEL EVENT Romeo & Juliet ft Shi'ar and Arakki.

Also please excuse the typos. Joys of typing on a phone at work.
    LOL! Summer 2024, Oh Lord.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I like this idea!

I like the idea of Omega Level Mutants evolving to the point of threatening the gods themselves, the idea of the Celestials true purpose for Eternals was to make sure deviants(mutants) don't grow to challenge the "natural order" of creation. The idea that the final destiny of mutant kind is to evolve beyond their creators. For example White Phoenix of the Crown could just be Jean at her most evolved, Oshtur could have always been Storm at her most evolved etc. And the Cosmic Hyarcy working together to try to stop them after the failure of the Progenitor...
    Last edited by The Regent; 10-15-2022 at 05:35 PM.

I'm still waiting on that boon that Xandra owes her. Maybe it'll be the best interstellar ship in the Shi'ar fleet since Storm has yet to develop a means of interstellar travel.

And ofc during her tenure as a Galactic hero she slowly builds up her own mythos. As she said her titles are many for one who just wishes to help others.

Later down the line when some cosmic colossal threat approaches, all those who believe in Storm empower her again.

This is my story-canon.
    Hope storm will meet Acanti again. I miss those space whales.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

LOL! Summer 2024, Oh Lord.
    But think about it, if they thought they could toss Wolverine in here and make it make sense you know they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I like the idea of Omega Level Mutants evolving to the point of threatening the gods themselves, the idea of the Celestials true purpose for Eternals was to make sure deviants(mutants) don't grow to challenge the "natural order" of creation. The idea that the final destiny of mutant kind is to evolve beyond their creators. For example White Phoenix of the Crown could just be Jean at her most evolved, Oshtur could have always been Storm at her most evolved etc. And the Cosmic Hyarcy working together to try to stop them after the failure of the Progenitor...
    See I could go along with that as long as it was just the Omega Level Mutants for the simple fact that Mutantkind as a whole just don't have that sort of power in the every day Mutant. For every Storm there's 1,000 - I'll just say less powerful Mutants in case a named example ruffles some feathers - .

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Hope storm will meet Acanti again. I miss those space whales.
    Technically it's still considered her child I beleive? So yeah, it would be very cool to see it come around again.

Oshtur be giving Suns out willy-nilly.

Oshtur be giving Suns out willy-nilly.

Clea and Ororo doing the same thing in the name of osthur! I love it when my faves intersect.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

I just received this amazing custom X-Men: Red Storm by @mascustomfigures, so here's a pic of my different Marvel Legends Storms:

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I just received this amazing custom X-Men: Red Storm by @mascustomfigures, so here's a pic of my different Marvel Legends Storms:

The perfect collection.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.