Page 673 of 833 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673674675676677683723773 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes please, Sibling. I want to see them out there traversing the stars.
    I think we'll see that in next year's sos crossover.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I think we'll see that in next year's sos crossover.
    I don't want it as part of someone else's **** show.
    I want Ewing to conceive and execute His plan entirely on his own and separate from whatever else the X-Slack is doing (if Percy can do it...I don't see why Ewing can't be afforded the same courtesy)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

No because I am still thinking about the possibilities coming. Storm and apocalypse interacting, storm and genesis, lactuca and genesis, lactuca and apocalypse, ora and apocalypse (I just know she hates his ass lol), ora and genesis fellow war criminals and... etc. But ABOVE ALL! STORM AND WAR! like look at the material...

Screenshot_20221018-182525_Chrome.jpg

SGHSDUENSSBBJSB Ororo gathered her like she was nothing, omg XD.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

I wonder if Death still has his lil crush on Storm?

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    No because I am still thinking about the possibilities coming. Storm and apocalypse interacting, storm and genesis, lactuca and genesis, lactuca and apocalypse, ora and apocalypse (I just know she hates his ass lol), ora and genesis fellow war criminals and... etc. But ABOVE ALL! STORM AND WAR! like look at the material...

Screenshot_20221018-182525_Chrome.jpg

SGHSDUENSSBBJSB Ororo gathered her like she was nothing, omg XD.
    Storm has talked smack to smack to Gods & Cosmic beings, to think these horsemen would even remotely rattle her is laughable lol. War was seeing red.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I wonder if Death still has his lil crush on Storm?

I look at this page fairly often and fantasize about another encounter between Death and the Goddess.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ah yes! Death and the Goddess...that could have been a romance for all the ages.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't want it as part of someone else's **** show.
    I want Ewing to conceive and execute His plan entirely on his own and separate from whatever else the X-Slack is doing (if Percy can do it...I don't see why Ewing can't be afforded the same courtesy)
    This is kind of the problem when everything is thrown into the same pot and anyone in the kitchen is allowed to fool around with the ingridients or stir in it.

The Marauders are doing their own ****.
    X-Force are doing their own ****.
    LoX and KoX are doing their own ****.
    New Mutants are doing their own ****.

Why must Ewing's book be perpetually tied to what johnny-come-lately Gillenister is doing?
    Let X-Men Red go off and do their own **** too, dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So, clearly, you feel very strongly about this. Tell me, what would you have Storm doing if you were writing her in the same setting as Al?

For as long as I've been reading Storm you've listed everything she's good at lol. Yes she drops hella good feats here and there, yes she takes the sidelines to let others lead (as she just did recently and as confirmed by Al, it's for the better. This is not a X-men gold 2.0), yes can throw down and hopefully drop kick Brand's ass, and yes, by her own admission for all her titles and accolades - she just wishes to help. Also, when in the proper hands even almighty lightning lass can shine as we saw in Red and AXE.
    Calm down...

Storm has been my favorite comic character since the day I first laid eyes on comics. She is the inspiration for me going into the career I'm in, and my most cherished creations. With that being said, as I've said in my quoted comment; I'll wait to see what he does with her before I hype anything. I don't like the fact that he disrespects the character by ignoring what's been established to reiterate what a white man told her she was: just a mutant and nothing more. I don't like storm playing errand girl or useful tit for a dead white man: "watch Charles". Now she's wearing an iteration of his costume to honor him when she didn't wear a green dress with a pointy mask for jean, yellow spandex for wolverine, or roll around in a wheelchair for Charles.

How I would have written her? I wouldn't limit the most prominent Black female superhero to just a mutant after a black man established her godhood. I wouldn't make her desire to be subservient to plot, I would allow her to reflect on everything that has transpired and consider herself for once. I am an author and I have written books, and I would never disrespect my characters like this. This is not me saying I'm better than anyone, but I know to look at all aspects of characters, not just what works for my plot.

HOWEVER, as I said before, I'll wait to see what he does. After Pak, I have no hope for writers who write her, but I remain open-minded. Ewing deserves to be heard, and I'll give him that, but I expect bullshyt just as I expect great feats.
    Last edited by StormXOya; 10-18-2022 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Marauders are doing their own ****.
    X-Force are doing their own ****.
    LoX and KoX are doing their own ****.
    New Mutants are doing their own ****.

Why must Ewing's book be perpetually tied to what johnny-come-lately Gillenister is doing?
    Let X-Men Red go off and do their own **** too, dammit.
    LoX is literally tying into the same crossovers and KoX is cancelled.

Maybe... just maybe... Ewing wants to work with Gillen on stories because they like working together.

@StormXOya

Calm down...
    Uhh, that was calm? Who's mad lol? It's YOUR opinion at the end of the day. I could really careless if you hate everything about her time in Red if you want want to be frank.

Storm has been my favorite comic character since the day I first laid eyes on comics. She is the inspiration for me going into the career I'm in, and my most cherished creations. With that being said, as I've said in my quoted comment; I'll wait to see what he does with her before I hype anything. I don't like the fact that he disrespects the character by ignoring what's been established to reiterate what a white man told her she was: just a mutant and nothing more. I don't like storm playing errand girl or useful tit for a dead white man: watch Charles. Now she's wearing an iteration of his costume to honor him when she didn't wear a green dress with a pointy mask for jean, yellow spandex for wolverine, or roll around in a wheelchair for Charles.
    Well first off that's wrong, Al has done nothing to disrespect Storm (neither has Xavier, really but that's just a PoV), the fact is if you read Red you'd know that Al has explicitly written Storm to not be in a box, ANY box. So much so that Brand is annoyed at that fact since she thought she could make Storm into a nice and neat little figurehead. Secondly, as was mentioned before, when it comes to Al and his logic Power=Power! Does not matter if person A is a god and person B is a mutant. If both of these beings are capable of destroying a planet or even a galaxy, the end result is the same. Pure destruction! Now do I agree with this logic? No, there is a nuanced conversation that SHOULD be had on panel but that would probably require a Storm mini/solo with characters that are not featured in this book. No one is trying to have a conversation about what makes a God a God with the Isca or Tarn. Thirdly, you act as if Magneto just pulled it out of the blue. Storm is no fool (in fact after the events of Inferno, NO ONE is the fool when it comes to Xavier and his machinations. Also, considering that Storm and Magneto's wish to be "of Arakko" depended on them giving ALL of themselves to the culture (i.e. not being able to pop back up like a weed if they were to die in a fight), it would sully BOTH their reps if Xavier decided to take it upon himself to get Magneto back via the resurrection protocols. So no, she's not being a "useful tit" to a dead white man. She'd be covering her own ass as much if not more-so than Magneto's. As for the costume bit - what of it? It's an outfit. I wouldn't care if Storm flew around in a Hefty trash bag if she was being written the way Al writes her. Also, I like how you equate being paraplegic to a costume one can take on and off on a whim. Very good look you've made for yourself with that.

How I would have written her? I wouldn't limit the most prominent Black female superhero to just a mutant after a black man established her godhood. I wouldn't make her desire to be subservient to plot, I would allow her to reflect on everything that has transpired and consider herself for once. I am an author and I have written books, and I would never disrespect my characters like this. This is not me saying I'm better than anyone, but I know to look at all aspects of characters, not just what works for my plot.
    But I ask - who's limiting her? Ewing has literally said point blank "That I'm writing her with the Goddess cred from BP". He didn't say he'd bust out the gate with her unleashing a Goddess blast capable of cracking a planet like an egg. I'm not sure how much more explicit he can say it and at this point it's no wonder the man is getting annoyed at the subject lol. Everything else you've written is kind of pointless since again, this is not and never was a Storm solo book. Everything you've written here is what we'd get in a solo where the spotlight is focus purely on Storm. I'd love to see some of it myself, especually her reflecting on EVERYTHING that has happened. From her ascension to literal godhood after years of denying it to herself and others to her current relationship with BP and the others in Wakanda. But again, there isn't space for that in a 20some page comic with an ensemble cast.

Yeah you can blame Marvel for the lack of Storm solo's or mini's. I'll be right there with you. But Al's is literally doing the Goddess' work with Storm when no other writer can be bothered OR are currently working on their own pet characters. Duggen with Jean in X-men, Gillen with Sinister/Jean in AXE.

HOWEVER, as I said before, I'll wait to see what he does. After Pak, I have no hope for writer who wrote her, but I remain open-minded. Ewing deserves to be heard, and I'll give him that, but I expect bullshyt just as I expect great feats.
    I enjoyed Pak's work on her too but even then, it was basically a re-telling of Storm's greatest hits from the past. Besides giving us some good feats there was really no substance to it. People jump down Al's throat for "not doing anything" with Storm for 7 issues in an ensemble book, but Pak's work is always lauded when he had 11 issues of her in a SOLO book.

But after everything I've read from you, if this is open minded, Goddess help if you'd already made up your mind on Red and Al's work.

This Storm versus arakki thing is done. Give her real threats.

Quote Originally Posted by StormXOya View Post
    Calm down...

Storm has been my favorite comic character since the day I first laid eyes on comics. She is the inspiration for me going into the career I'm in, and my most cherished creations. With that being said, as I've said in my quoted comment; I'll wait to see what he does with her before I hype anything. I don't like the fact that he disrespects the character by ignoring what's been established to reiterate what a white man told her she was: just a mutant and nothing more. I don't like storm playing errand girl or useful tit for a dead white man: "watch Charles". Now she's wearing an iteration of his costume to honor him when she didn't wear a green dress with a pointy mask for jean, yellow spandex for wolverine, or roll around in a wheelchair for Charles.

HOWEVER, as I said before, I'll wait to see what he does. After Pak, I have no hope for writers who write her, but I remain open-minded. Ewing deserves to be heard, and I'll give him that, but I expect bullshyt just as I expect great feats.
    Thank you for that, unfortunately there are people who are content with so little.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    LoX is literally tying into the same crossovers and KoX is cancelled.

Maybe... just maybe... Ewing wants to work with Gillen on stories because they like working together.
    Of course...I should damn well hope they do. But that still does not mean I wouldn't like/prefer if Ewing was just telling his stories regardless of and removed from what Gillenister is doing.

and yes...Pak's Storm mini was enh! Cute feats ...but ultimately...nothing special.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-18-2022 at 07:18 PM.