Page 724 of 833 FirstFirst ... 224624674714720721722723724725726727728734774824 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 12488
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The question really is allowance for what exactly?

Food/Drink? ...if they're out clubbing or at a restaurant, perhaps.
    Clothing? ...only in select cases as with Lorna seeing a dress on Gameworld she wanted and bought it on sight (with the mysterium credit they got)
    Taxi fare?
    Housing?

I could see the younger mutants needing some financial assistance but the older, established ones should all have their own cash-in-hand tied into the larger conglomerated wealth cache...yes, accessed via an XSGY Credit Card for...ease and expediency? I guess?

Either way it really is a non-issue. The Mysterium is really only for galactic leverage and clout. Everything else like the Medical Production Labs, Hospitals, Safe Houses, the Morlock Community, the Galas, Lawyers, etc. are all funded by Xavier, Warren, and Emma and the HFT.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-21-2022 at 09:30 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The question really is allowance for what exactly?

Food/Drink? ...if they're out clubbing or at a restaurant, perhaps.
    Clothing? ...only in select cases as with Lorna seeing a dress on Gameworld she wanted and bought it on sight (with the mysterium credit they got)
    Taxi fare?
    Housing?

I could see the younger mutants needing some financial assistance but the older, established ones should all have their own cash-in-hand tied into the larger conglomerated wealth cache...yes, accessed via an XSGY Credit Card for...ease and expediency? I guess?

Either way it really is a non-issue. The Mysterium is really only for galactic leverage and clout. Everything else like the Medical Production Labs, Hospitals, Safe Houses, the Morlock Community, the Galas, Lawyers, etc. are all funded by Xavier, Warren, and Emma and the HFT.
    And Sunspot and Sunfire aren't they both rich too???? LOL Krakoa is filled with Rich mutants now that I think about it.

Yupp and yupp.
    Destiny and Mystique are supposed to be wealthy also. And of course there's Shaw. And Betsy.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-21-2022 at 09:54 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    People still think Claremonts role in building up storm is up for debate. Cant be me lol. Some facts are undisputed and some are, so we defend those that are disputed. Its basic maths.
    period. I didnt get the point of that statement.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ororo does have a small form for of wealth available to her.
    She was able to pay that AIM agent for her life in GS Storm
    She also has be know to have some miniscule amount of vibranium from knives, jewelry and clothing. And I'm sure Tchalla invested Money for Storm into something. Seeing how he's always dropping funds for Mutant cause. (And that was before the marriage)

And I always assume she had a mountain cave of gold and treasure from her time as a goddess, and time as a thief. But that's just wishful thinking.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 11-21-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so I cannot speak for those on the opposite side of my argument; however, I would liken them both to that of jay-z and beyonce. both are immensely successful individuals but with beyonce comes a level of recognition that arguably eclipses jay-z. im sure he is aware of this and doesn't feel any less of a man because of it. he's confident and would want to have his wife thrive regardless of if she is more popular than him. I see this being the same case with tchalla. Coates showed a tchalla not insecure about his abilities in looking to help ororo be the best version of herself she could be. could tchalla defeat adversary without the help of ororo, possibly. however, if they are together and ororo has the ability to do it why would tchalla object to it? why would he not encourage her to be her best self? that is the tchalla I think is written at his best. not one intimated by having a strong woman at his side. so that said, anyone who saw ororo being propped up as opposed to being a woman who was loved and supported by her man i would ask why would you come to such a conclusion?
    I mean you don't have to make the case to me. In my pov it's pure common sense! But to me it really read like fragile male pride that Storm outshone T'challa when, as you pointed out, he faced a threat that he (and past cannon) admitted he couldn't stop.

Either way I'm pretty much over it lol. What happened literally years ago has happened so there's not point in dissecting it. Love it or hate it the results stayed the same. Storm saved Wakanda/T'challa, the X-office threw the first stone and the BP office threw the other and at this point the relationship is in shambles.

To cut to the endpoint I'm just glad that we can each sit at our own tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    1: We all read the books we read for very different reasons.
    2: We all have very different levels of comprehension skills.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I mean you don't have to make the case to me. In my pov it's pure common sense! But to me it really read like fragile male pride that Storm outshone T'challa when, as you pointed out, he faced a threat that he (and past cannon) admitted he couldn't stop.

Either way I'm pretty much over it lol. What happened literally years ago has happened so there's not point in dissecting it. Love it or hate it the results stayed the same. Storm saved Wakanda/T'challa, the X-office threw the first stone and the BP office threw the other and at this point the relationship is in shambles.

To cut to the endpoint I'm just glad that we can each sit at our own tables.

you said what I was trying to not which was about the "fragile male pride?" lolol. again a truly strong confident man's ego would never be hurt by that of a strong woman on his side.

and yes regarding where the relationship is now i have no f#cks left to give. at least the xoffices and BP offices are on the same page again.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

You would think with With Wakanda intergalactic empire and Storm being Space. It would be nice to see them both away from earth and do some cosmic stuff together.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    You would think with With Wakanda intergalactic empire and Storm being Space. It would be nice to see them both away from earth and do some cosmic stuff together.
    I was hoping for this too but the bp offices had something else in mind and it was not good.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you said what I was trying to not which was about the "fragile male pride?" lolol. again a truly strong confident man's ego would never be hurt by that of a strong woman on his side.

and yes regarding where the relationship is now i have no f#cks left to give. at least the xoffices and BP offices are on the same page again.
    Check pms.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Just read Gambit # 5 and i got a tad emotional. This is what i have been saying. Even looking like a whole mummy, Marissa is talking about hope. That is what was taken from the x-men during the Morrison run for me and I'm glad the murder Emma tried to cover up was clearly called a hate crime against humans in the start of the x-treme omnibus during the uncanny story for moira/xavier because it means in hindsight i was reading it right. It was wrong what mutants were doing when they felt they were the next step then and I appreciate Storm got to step outside of that in this book even though this book cost every character in it for some time.

Imo in hindsight there has been almost a mission to get the characters that were here to learn their lesson in the stories that came after, and it really took writers that cared about each of them to save them or attempt to.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-21-2022 at 07:09 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It is my understanding Claremont always intended to bring back Betsy but lets look at what happened to the characters in X-treme when he was still selling more than the other books if you add his two books.

Besty was denied being brought back but eventually he got it in there. No one was using her.
    Gambit was pulled and dragged into stories like death gambit etc.hot
    Rogue was pulled and thank goodness Mike Carey did the work.
    Sage was pulled and not even really used and now she a drunk.
    Cannonball was shunted off, rarely used good in the x-men run he was in and then put on avengers and limbo.
    Bishop was straight up dragged and crossed hop time to kill a baby.
    Kitty was put in a bullet and shot off into outer space.
    Jean was sympathetic to this team and killed.
    Beast was pulled and turned into a dark scientist.
    Storm was finally pulled and then they had claremont write the story he himself said should have never existed by handing her over to the bp franchise.

I literally could go on.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    100% Also I know Storm in DC would be a completely different beast. I'm talking constant planetary level em shields, city wide lightning blasts, pressure punches that can level mountains, direct neuron manipulation, displacing peoples electrons... you name it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Yeah, I sometimes lurk in the DC characters section and more often than not the characters I'm looking into seem to be consistently more powerful than their counterparts on the Marvel side. At least feat for feat wise.
    Yeah dc is more creative when it comes to story telling. That I'm not going to lie. Like aside storm and x-men I dont really care for marvel, my main super universe is dc. I love the x-men because they have the best message out of all the superhero teams. The writers get why people read comics to see heroes do the impossible. Sometimes this is not good in excess, but like I said they are creative and they find new ways to up the scales. So when they write down to earth human centric stories it's such a breath of fresh air and its sooooo good. The single greatest comic panel is this...
    htxcyy6opvb21-scaled.jpg
    This panel is sooo rich because it was set inna universe where its heroes are always doing godly things and the most godly hero of all is the on letting this girl know, she is stronger than she thinks she is. Like at this momment his power cant save her she is dead within, but th fear of jumping indicates she wants to live. So he let's her know the greatest strength is within herself.

Now on storm with her original conception, boy she would have shattered a universe or two by now. I lean look at her weaker counterpart weather wizard. He has done some crazy things with his power for years, he terraformed a dessert in an afternoon and made it a garden. He can create magnetic substorms and reverse the polarity of the atoms in any substance allowing the planet to channel huge amounts of energy through it, He can manipulate the electromagnetic force directly no half assing, he has fought very strong beings and koed them by manipulating the very fundamental forces that bind their atoms together, he has tagged flash. Can generate super freeze and gigantic hail. Can turn clouds into hard solids that are stronger than stone and sooo much more. I beleive if storm were in dc she would have done more insane things. Marvel is more into grounded stuff, human first that has its advantages because it is what makes the x-men analogy sooo effective in this world. And spiderman such
    relatable hero. But it also means we get a lot if mundane mediocre stuff and superheroes being well meh over time. Hickamn and a few are the only ones to employ dc esque story telling within marvel twist into marvel.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Yeah dc is more creative when it comes to story telling. That I'm not going to lie. Like aside storm and x-men I dont really care for marvel, my main super universe is dc. I love the x-men because they have the best message out of all the superhero teams. The writers get why people read comics to see heroes do the impossible. Sometimes this is not good in excess, but like I said they are creative and they find new ways to up the scales. So when they write down to earth human centric stories it's such a breath of fresh air and its sooooo good. The single greatest comic panel is this...
    htxcyy6opvb21-scaled.jpg
    This panel is sooo rich because it was set inna universe where its heroes are always doing godly things and the most godly hero of all is the on letting this girl know, she is stronger than she thinks she is. Like at this momment his power cant save her she is dead within, but th fear of jumping indicates she wants to live. So he let's her know the greatest strength is within herself.

Now on storm with her original conception, boy she would have shattered a universe or two by now. I lean look at her weaker counterpart weather wizard. He has done some crazy things with his power for years, he terraformed a dessert in an afternoon and made it a garden. He can create magnetic substorms and reverse the polarity of the atoms in any substance allowing the planet to channel huge amounts of energy through it, He can manipulate the electromagnetic force directly no half assing, he has fought very strong beings and koed them by manipulating the very fundamental forces that bind their atoms together, he has tagged flash. Can generate super freeze and gigantic hail. Can turn clouds into hard solids that are stronger than stone and sooo much more. I beleive if storm were in dc she would have done more insane things. Marvel is more into grounded stuff, human first that has its advantages because it is what makes the x-men analogy sooo effective in this world. And spiderman such
    relatable hero. But it also means we get a lot if mundane mediocre stuff and superheroes being well meh over time. Hickamn and a few are the only ones to employ dc esque story telling within marvel twist into marvel.
    Where so you get off making me depressed af???

Also what I'm getting here is that if Weather Wizard was thrown into Marvel he would be on the omega list with Storm if not knock her out altogether?

So...if Storm was a DC character she'd be a very powerful villain.