Page 733 of 833 FirstFirst ... 233633683723729730731732733734735736737743783 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 10,995 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Nope they have never truly interacted. Likely they will sing a dirge or two then reminisce about the old times with magneto then go their separate ways. Frankly that's enough for me. I am thinking about how x-men red 10 is coming out on 4 January right after news years, and if that fight is a dud especially after we have waited months for it? Yeah it might be time to pack it up for me, I ain't the strongest soldier here, lol. But still, it's crazy that we have to wait till NEXT YEAR Before we get storm. Thats sad. Her appearance in #9 is not assured and xtreme xmen really turned me off with that wack hair cut and that whole depowered storyline and will likely be babysitter storm.
    Well, fortunately next year is just around the corner.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Well, fortunately next year is just around the corner.
    Yeah still kinda crazy though but we shall see.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Yeah still kinda crazy though but we shall see.
    So will storm keep her current outfit or might get a new look I'm really loving how her hair resembles clouds more and more and id be lying if I didn't miss her old cape that connects to her wrist
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    So will storm keep her current outfit or might get a new look I'm really loving how her hair resembles clouds more and more and id be lying if I didn't miss her old cape that connects to her wrist
    She will change into a Magneto costume after Issue 10, it is unknown if she will change her costume for the fall of x.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    But Goddess forbid she do anything other than panic like the open sky isn't her literal element.

There ain't enough "I hate it here" in the world for me to properly describe Fox and their version of X-Men.
    Well said. The MCU would have had Storm deliver this scene, The Day After Tomorrow tsunami + tornadoes+ monster hail vs Thanos and his invading forces, the solar winds and EM storm of the century in space to aid her girl Carol against the kree, cutting a swath through the french military forces attempting invade wakdanda, and heatwave explosion + opening of the ozone layer to BBQ those Atlanteans with side of tartar sauce . Fox and all of those directors were the WORST thing to happen to X-Men (Storm & Cyclops specifically).

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    She will change into a Magneto costume after Issue 10, it is unknown if she will change her costume for the fall of x.
    Hopefully she keeps her Brotherhood costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Well said. The MCU would have had Storm deliver this scene, The Day After Tomorrow tsunami + tornadoes+ monster hail vs Thanos and his invading forces, the solar winds and EM storm of the century in space to aid her girl Carol against the kree, cutting a swath through the french military forces attempting invade wakdanda, and heatwave explosion + opening of the ozone layer to BBQ those Atlanteans with side of tartar sauce . Fox and all of those directors were the WORST thing to happen to X-Men (Storm & Cyclops specifically).
    Dude you have no f-ing idea how much my soul BURNS everytime I see that scene with Thor coming in to go off on Thanos' minions.

Like that should've been for Storm! Hell, several scenes should've been for or included her.

Strange using a literal tornado to stop an incoming flood and the whole "girl power/she's not alone mcu women" moment.

I HATE IT HERE!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Sui Generis Member Tobei Miyake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    You guys know I always have Storm on the brain and way too excited for the MCU X-Men.

How do we feel about Storm being Yuriko MCU love interest.
    Seeing how they're going for a more inclusive cast and representation. Storm could be openly Bi or Pan.
    I would absolutely love, love, love it if Yukio was Ororo's love interest!

And making Ororo bisexual would be great. And a lesbian even better, because I've never been crazy about any of the male love interests that they put her with over the years.

I suppose most of the M-She-U crowd would hate any and all of it, but they can just go and watch whatever it is they like.

Mohawk Ororo and Yukio would be me in heaven. I don't think we're going to get Mohawk Ororo though, so Ororo with an Angela Davis white afro, or Ororo with a short cut like fashion model Alek Wek would fit the bill nicely.

And I want an Ororo solo movie. Or a Disney+ Marvel Studios Special Presentation. And I want Black excellence.

Janet Jackson "Got 'Til It's Gone."

Embrace all aspects of Ororo's ethnicity, don't run from it.

It may be hard to find a filmmaker who can do that though. They do exist, but do they want to do a Marvel movie. And at Marvel Ryan Coogler may or may not be the right person, but he can't write everything either way. And Marvel and Disney may shy away from featuring a Black female character so prominently because it would be risky. Black Panther's success is one thing, but can that translate to other characters.

In the X-Men movies I want Ororo to be the lead character too. I feel a bit of a pushback on things progressive from Hollywood though. Most likely due to subpar projects ruining it for everyone else. Because when you're trying to break through with new ideas, everything has to be a success because it will get opposition. You're not allowed anything less than great.

Ororo and Yukio would be everything though to me.

I don't have any actors in mind for either character, mainly because we have no idea how Kevin Feige's going to handle the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobei Miyake View Post

And making Ororo bisexual would be great. And a lesbian even better, because I've never been crazy about any of the male love interests that they put her with over the years.

I suppose most of the M-She-U crowd would hate any and all of it, but they can just go and watch whatever it is they like.

Mohawk Ororo and Yukio would be me in heaven. I don't think we're going to get Mohawk Ororo though, so Ororo with an Angela Davis white afro, or Ororo with a short cut like fashion model Alek Wek would fit the bill nicely.

And I want an Ororo solo movie. Or a Disney+ Marvel Studios Special Presentation. And I want Black excellence.

It may be hard to find a filmmaker who can do that though. They do exist, but do they want to do a Marvel movie. And at Marvel Ryan Coogler may or may not be the right person, but he can't write everything either way. And Marvel and Disney may shy away from featuring a Black female character so prominently because it would be risky. Black Panther's success is one thing, but can that translate to other characters.

In the X-Men movies I want Ororo to be the lead character too. I feel a bit of a pushback on things progressive from Hollywood though. Most likely due to subpar projects ruining it for everyone else. Because when you're trying to break through with new ideas, everything has to be a success because it will get opposition. You're not allowed anything less than great.

I don't have any actors in mind for either character, mainly because we have no idea how Kevin Feige's going to handle the X-Men.
    OMG my absolute favorite artist ever! The Blueprint and my Queen of Pop Janet! My God I would've died if she would've actually taken the role of Storm back in the 90s when it was offered to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Yeah in fighting the thanos in endgame I would have her on crowd control and AoE attacks. Like create an em storm to disrupt and destroy the ships then command solar flares to destroy the army. Whilst the heroes handle thanos, likely she and karol will join forces but carol is a brawler so she will likely be down there fighting thanos.

I would love to see storm and yukio explored on the big or small screen. But I dont think we would get that in the MCU, likely if they do an xmen go to Japan animated series then we might get storm and yukio. But to me yukio is the only one of her "significant others" to have a positive change on her with no draw backs. She put her on the path of reconciling her identity as a woman and her identity as a goddess. Others did their thing but yukio basically was the reason punk storm was born. And cemented storm as the best female character at marvel and possibly all of comics.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 11-29-2022 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    OMG my absolute favorite artist ever! The Blueprint and my Queen of Pop Janet! My God I would've died if she would've actually taken the role of Storm back in the 90s when it was offered to her.
    Yes, yes. Miss Jackson.

Not superhero, but the role that she didn't get, but what I would have liked to have seen her as was Dorothy Dandridge.

And I'll stop before I get carried away with Janet Jackson videos.

One actress I could see as Storm/Ororo, if she were younger and taller, is Thuso Mbedu, from The Woman King.

And Thuso Mbedu looks young, and she is, she's only 31. But I get a sense that Kevin Feige may want to go younger with the X-Men. So a Thuso Mbedu-type, maybe.

The writer and director of The Woman King is Gina Prince-Bythewood.

If she's willing, I would like her for an Ororo solo movie, or Marvel Studios Special Presentation. Or a Ororo Monroe/Storm Disney+ mini series.

Yes, yes. Miss Jackson.

Not superhero, but the role that she didn't get, but what I would have liked to have seen her as was Dorothy Dandridge.

And I'll stop before I get carried away with Janet Jackson videos.

One actress I could see as Storm/Ororo, if she were younger and taller, is Thuso Mbedu, from The Woman King.

And Thuso Mbedu looks young, and she is, she's only 31. But I get a sense that Kevin Feige may want to go younger with the X-Men. So a Thuso Mbedu-type, maybe.

The writer and director of The Woman King is Gina Prince-Bythewood.

If she's willing, I would like her for an Ororo solo movie, or Marvel Studios Special Presentation. Or a Ororo Monroe/Storm Disney+ mini series.
    Yeah, the woman king cast and crew should be heavy inspo for ororo for an ororo origin movie. But Thuso hmmm on her acting alone yeah she is a force to be reckoned with, her face is what doesnt sell it to me. She looks too innocent too young. And I am one of those who would like to see an ororo who feels and looks mature. But again that is just me shoving Thuso and ororo into a box. I would be ecstatic if they got her to play the role. Jayne Lawson the head wife of the king also gave me big ororo vibes. She too looks young but not too young, plus she has that grit to her whilst appearing graceful and divine. But it hurts ke that viola wont play storm. Like general nasika is literally punk storm. Literally! The energy, the commanding presence, the rough past. All of it.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 11-29-2022 at 01:06 AM.

I would love to see storm and yukio explored on the big or small screen. But I dont think we would get that in the MCU, likely if they do an xmen go to Japan animated series then we might get storm and yukio. But to me yukio is the only one of her "significant others" to have a positive change on her with no draw backs. She put her on the path of reconciling her identity as a woman and her identity as a goddess. Others did their thing but yukio basically was the reason punk storm was born. And cemented storm as the best female character at marvel and possibly all of comics.

I think the X-Men going to Japan would definitely help the international box office seeing how China is banning everything.

The More I think about it the more the X-Men open up the MCU.
    Japan The Hand Wolverine
    Savage Land
    Space The Shiar
    Canada Alpha flight
    Genosha
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 11-29-2022 at 04:06 AM.

Yeah, the woman king cast and crew should be heavy inspo for ororo for an ororo origin movie. But Thuso hmmm on her acting alone yeah she is a force to be reckoned with, her face is what doesnt sell it to me. She looks too innocent too young. And I am one of those who would like to see an ororo who feels and looks mature. But again that is just me shoving Thuso and ororo into a box. I would be ecstatic if they got her to play the role. Jayne Lawson the head wife of the king also gave me big ororo vibes. She too looks young but not too young, plus she has that grit to her whilst appearing graceful and divine. But it hurts ke that viola wont play storm. Like general nasika is literally punk storm. Literally! The energy, the commanding presence, the rough past. All of it.
    Yeah, in casting Storm I hope they don't miss on her. Other people you can miss on, but not her. And Kevin Feige hasn't really had a misstep. Or at least nothing that just jumps out at me.

And it's all going to come down to how Kevin Feige is going to do it. Young teen. Older teen. Early twenties. Late twenties. Even older. What's he gonna do. She has to have a presence about her whatever way he goes.

And if he does go full grown adult, finding someone in the 5'11" range may not be easy.

The funny part is when we do know how he's going to do, in all likelihood she'll have already been cast.