Page 735 of 833 FirstFirst ... 235635685725731732733734735736737738739745785 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Look at storm getting into her magic bag. That's soo pretty.

Looking forward to the preview of red. Cant wait to see what Miss brand has got cooking for the galaxy.
    It really would be a dream to have Storm finally display some actual magic.

And before someone starts bc they get absolutely orgasmic at being rainy clouds, I'm not saying I instantly want her at classic Doctor Strange levels, but a simple protective shield would amazing.

Imagine a mix of elemental and mystic shield combined with divinity battery.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    It really would be a dream to have Storm finally display some actual magic.

And before someone starts bc they get absolutely orgasmic at being rainy clouds, I'm not saying I instantly want her at classic Doctor Strange levels, but a simple protective shield would amazing.

Imagine a mix of elemental and mystic shield combined with divinity battery.
    Yeah just need them to affirm it, I dont need her breaking reality or anything. Like letting us know more about her inherent ability with magic. Everyone and their mother is getting into their magic bag on krakoa, it's insane that storm hasnt even acknowledged it.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 11-30-2022 at 10:49 PM.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Amazing Member

Yeah just need them to affirm it, I dont need her breaking reality or anything. Like letting us know more about her inherent ability with magic. Everyone and their mother is getting into their magic bag on krakoa, it's insane that storm hasnt even acknowledged it.
    It really sulks having one of the most powerful mutant with magical back ground not exploring her magic powers.racism at it peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Barthchrist01 View Post
    It really sulks having one of the most powerful mutant with magical back ground not exploring her magic powers.racism at it peak.
    I do get why they are hesitant on letting her explore her magic, afterall even the mystical arcana said that though she has great mystic potential she doesnt need it on account if being an omega mutant. I dont agree but I get it. But the fact that the xoffice doesnt even mention or acknowledge it when they allow almost every charchter under the sun to play with magic and other esoteric forces and be their mutant self is kinda sus. Storm's magic is tied to her lineage, her family, at least acknowledge it. We keep getting inundated with this family and that family yet we have nothing for storm's family? The only thing we have is from a bp comic and a recent gambit comic? Storm has paternal grand parents who are still alive, has she talked to them? Does she see them? Her tribe does she visit them make sure they are ohk? Last we saw them they were invaded by an evil god. Arent marvel stories supposed to reflect the world outside our window? So why ain't storm talking to her family, if there is beef let us know.

Also this ironfire person I dont beleive will be a decendant of storm. Most likely he is a kid now who will become a big fan of hers.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 12-01-2022 at 12:47 AM.

Back in the day I was sure when Storm first lost her power Claremont was gonna Explorer storms magical side.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Yeah, you would have thought Claremont would have done that by now.

But, it's already been stated that Storm doesn't "trust" magic and based on her track record with dealing with Magic and magical beings I see why. And sure she has used magic as a way to help her friends, but clearly she it's not the first thing she'd go too.

We Storm fans proclaim she is the protector of all "natural" things and is all about Balance. Well, Magic disrupts all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post

But, it's already been stated that Storm doesn't "trust" magic and based on her track record with dealing with Magic and magical beings I see why. And sure she has used magic as a way to help her friends, but clearly she it's not the first thing she'd go too.

We Storm fans proclaim she is the protector of all "natural" things and is all about Balance. Well, Magic disrupts all of that.
    It seem Storm maybe more like her mother than we thought. While NDere rebel against tradition maybe Storm just doesn't "Want" to do magic.
    She really only turn to it during limbo.
    Was Limbo Storm self taught or did Balesco also have a hand in training her?

I say again I don't want to see Storm casting spell, but I would love to continue to see her mystical traits more often. Smelling Magic, small immunity to magic, ect.

I would love alt stories were these things are explored.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 12-01-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

edited because: proven wrong.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-01-2022 at 11:21 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

https://twitter.com/Steph_I_Will/sta...Oy3-uNoZeiLOlw

So...looks like Steph WILL be tapping into Storm's mystical bloodline
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post

She's one of us. She even got down the subtle shade to all these other writers to act like Storm is a muggle.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

She's one of us. She even got down the subtle shade to all these other writers to act like Storm is a muggle.
    The MANIFESTATIONS WORKED... I was just bitching about this. I serve a living God fr.

And exact ite is foolish to act like storm is a muggle. Like be serious for once xoffice.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 12-01-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yasssss now this has me excited!!!!! I can't wait I love it!!!! finally the goddess has heard my prayers!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This! Like it really does put my salt in overdrive that Pixie was taught a spell from Magik that allows her to teleport, a spell that is now so embedded to her character that it may as well be her PRIMARY mutant power. Yet we have Storm, with all her history and potential, can't even light a candle flame with magic.

I remember either in here or in one of the review threads about how it would be amazing to see how Storm's powers operate in Otherworld due to how magic is so intertwined there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post

But if that's her mentality than we're basically using the X-Men Red nanite Storm where Mutants were an abomination including herself. Just like with Mutants, it's the person not the powers that make things unbalanced. How balanced would it be if Storm snapped her fingers and spawned a hypercane over half the globe "just cuz"?

Instead of her not trusting it based off who she's been dealing with, I would argue that she doesn't trust it because she can't really grasp it to manipulate the energy like she can everything else. It gives me the vibes of that one episode of StarTrek:TNG where Deanna lost her empathic powers for a time and someone called her out about how she always had that "leg up" in any conversation/situation because she could sense what everyone is feeling and she could go from that but at that time she had to rely on her human intuition which were wholly underdeveloped. To me, the same holds true for Storm. Mystical energy is apart of her and she can use it as canon has shown us time and time again, but she's weary of it because unlike natural energy, she'd have to go off pure instinct while trying to use magic.

And I mean think about it, her biggest mystical feat to date would be channeling enough mystical energy than Magik could, but even then they were in an alternate dimension that had no life other than the group. Had things gone south then there would be no harm done. I feel like Storm would be less eager to try that move on Earth or Arakko unless she has proper guidance and training.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    It seem Storm maybe more like her mother than we thought. While NDere rebel against tradition maybe Storm just doesn't "Want" to do magic.

I say again I don't want to see Storm casting spell, but I would love to continue to see her mystical traits more often. Smelling Magic, small immunity to magic, ect.

I'd like that too. Storm doesn't NEED to be casting spells like Doctor Strange or Scarlet Witch. Could she learn about it to hone her knowledge when facing mystical threats? Absolutely! Like she told doom "we have always been a school".

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

I don't remember, but when it comes to Magic and her Opinion about it is very inconsistent really.

Ok, cool. Curious to see how this unfolds. Hopefully, we get an Oshtur sighting.

The MANIFESTATIONS WORKED... I was just bitching about this. I serve a living God fr.

And exact ite is foolish to act like storm is a muggle. Like be serious for once xoffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yasssss now this has me excited!!!!! I can't wait I love it!!!! finally the goddess has heard my prayers!!!!
    Lmao ok guys take it down a notch. She said she tapped into it not wring a Storm solo!

For all we know Wanda could be using Storm as a battery to channel some spell.

At this point I'd be happy if someone taught Storm a shielding spell or a durability spell. SUMTING!