Page 739 of 833 FirstFirst ... 239639689729735736737738739740741742743749789 ... LastLast
Results 11,071 to 11,085 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Ohk I am sure he does. Listen if we dont get the show stopping feat we are hoping for yes I will be bummed. But I will still read because the story is good. Afterall its never that serious. Lol.
    Yeah, pretty much this! Even if we don't get what we're all hoping to get I would still keep on reading because Al is just that kind of writer. Even when the story shifted to Cable I was still interested because I knew he would make it interesting even with storm nowhere to be seen, literally!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Yeah, pretty much this! Even if we don't get what we're all hoping to get I would still keep on reading because Al is just that kind of writer. Even when the story shifted to Cable I was still interested because I knew he would make it interesting even with storm nowhere to be seen, literally!
    He knows he will get a pass regardless. I hate this but he is just that girl I'm sorry. Got me almost stanning MF brand from just one data page. The other girls are simply not on that level.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

He knows he will get a pass regardless. I hate this but he is just that girl I'm sorry. Got me almost stanning MF brand from just one data page. The other girls are simply not on that level.
    Lmao! Speaking the truth.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

so is Ororo gonna have another solo comic I'm pretty sure the last one she had was in 2015 or 2016 and given what changed since then and what might change in the future I think it's overdue to give her another one... like could you imagine her Awakening her divinity to the point other gods recognize her to be divine and she can finally wear her black vortex suit

if iron-man and Spiderman can become cosmic entities storm should be able to be a cosmic Goddess
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    so is Ororo gonna have another solo comic I'm pretty sure the last one she had was in 2015 or 2016 and given what changed since then and what might change in the future I think it's overdue to give her another one... like could you imagine her Awakening her divinity to the point other gods recognize her to be divine and she can finally wear her black vortex suit

if iron-man and Spiderman can become cosmic entities storm should be able to be a cosmic Goddess
    We thought she'd get one once she was disclosed as Regent of Sol but nope. They just really don't like giving her solo's or even mini's even though she has SOOOOO fking much to unpack, even setting aside the Regent stuff.

Babes those two are.... becoming gods is a given at least once. Ororo on the otherhand is not that. So yeah her becoming a god of any sorts ain't gonna come from the xoffice. I mean look how long it took them to acknowledge she was an omega one of the dumbest classifications in comics. If it will come It will only come from black writers. It's a sad fact but it's TRUE.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 12-01-2022 at 03:44 PM.

We thought she'd get one once she was disclosed as Regent of Sol but nope. They just really don't like giving her solo's or even mini's even though she has SOOOOO fking much to unpack, even setting aside the Regent stuff.
    ATP I dont even put much thought into the idea of getting a storm solo. We will get that when she is getting a solo project at disney which is unlikely we will definitely be getting another instalment of the pheonix saga and wolverine focused drama along with charles magneto nonsesense. Frankly I also dont put my stock in live action or the upcoming x-men 97 reboot after the silly things the head writer said. Lord he is dense.

Anyways x-men red is the saving grace it's basically the best we are gonna for a while get tbh. Is there a chance storm will be in the next issue? Yeah. But she might very well be a cameo. Doesnt hurt that Ewing is writing it so cant complain.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 12-01-2022 at 03:45 PM.

she unlocks Some dormant divinity within her or finds out The Bright Lady is connected to her line and they still won't budge with her... there really is no reason for her not to get her own issue. it took ages for her finally to be named an omega and her Divinity is still in question, I'm not gonna lie storm was honestly the only thing that got me interested in the x-men of course iv come to love other characters but my god do they take forever to anything with her...i really really hope in the coming future storm is gonna lose her patience and stop holding back, mabey Vulcan tossing her around might awaken something hidden in her
    "Goddess be Praised"

That Red #9….!!!!!! So a big F$&@ NO to an elemental form via incineration lol (*prepares spell to adjust wigs through iPhone screen*).

I’d like to see a good fight where Ororo not only matches his power when she needs to, but creatively defends herself and Arakko where she needs to, and strategically/tactically wins. An unforeseen win could be the faith and belief of the Arakkii empowering her (which would be kind of awesome), but I’d like to see Ororo either hold her own to a standstill or win with no outside or next level influences. Her powers are vast, encompasses energy & matter (air & water still have uses here, especially pressure), and she is one the keenest tactical minds on the X-roster. I think she already has what she needs to contend here.

Then she needs to deal w/ Xavier and maybe Scott. Foolish of them to bring him back, especially if they didn’t consult Ororo first (they seem very unprepared in the preview). There are many powerhouses on Krakoa & Arakko that can still be tapped before an insane Vulcan needed to be brought back.

Babes those two are.... becoming gods is a given at least once. Ororo on the otherhand is not that. So yeah her becoming a god of any sorts ain't gonna come from the xoffice. I mean look how long it took them to acknowledge she was an omega one of the dumbest classifications in comics. If it will come It will only come from black writers. It's a sad fact but it's TRUE.
    Tbh I don't even think a her writer's race has anything to do with it. Coates got "lucky" in the sense that he wasn't bound by the X-Office and he worked hand in hand with them. Even still, like you mentioned, it took the X-Office AGES to finally confirm that Storm was indeed a bonafide Goddess and not just one in name only.

I firmly believe had Coates been bound to the X-Office things would've turned out differently for that part of her development.

When it comes to advertisment and brandng, Storm is their go-to but when it comes to actual story content she always falls to the wayside. If not for Red then I honestly don't know where she'd be. Maybe in X-Men under Scott & Jean and drinking coffee with Polaris.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    That Red #9….!!!!!! So a big F$&@ NO to an elemental form via incineration lol (*prepares spell to adjust wigs through iPhone screen*).

I’d like to see a good fight where Ororo not only matches his power when she needs to, but creatively defends herself and Arakko where she needs to, and strategically/tactically wins. An unforeseen win could be the faith and belief of the Arakkii empowering her (which would be kind of awesome), but I’d like to see Ororo either hold her own to a standstill or win with no outside or next level influences. Her powers are vast, encompasses energy & matter (air & water still have uses here, especially pressure), and she is one the keenest tactical minds on the X-roster. I think she already has what she needs to contend here.

Then she needs to deal w/ Xavier and maybe Scott. Foolish of them to bring him back, especially if they didn’t consult Ororo first (they seem very unprepared in the preview). There are many powerhouses on Krakoa & Arakko that can still be tapped before an insane Vulcan needed to be brought back.

In the memeified words of Saweetie, "LETS GO"

Like I said previously, I remember all the hype and discussion about Vulcan and his powers when we thought the real fight would be in issue 2. That's all my mind keeps going back to for issue 10.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

A kugelblitz is a black hole formed from a concentration of energy instead of mass. At the highest possible temperature aka absolute hot or plank temp physics breaks down, reality breaks down and adding more energy or increasing the temp beyond this creates a black hole. If energy is condensed into a small point that is plank length it will reach this temperature and any further increase will create a black hole.
    It is the upper limit of power in the universe. It is almost if not just as hot as the big bang itself. Also the kugelblitz is German for (ball lightning) so it is an apt feat for storm and vulcan to demonstrate just how extreme they are as energy manipulators. But I dont think Ewing will go that far but we shall see. He did say that he wants to see how far storm can go with her powers. And it doesn't get more god tier than this.
    Wow, that IS interesting.

And true Ewing did say that. I’m that case I REALLY want a Cosmic Slug Fest. EVERYONE pull out your note books and pencil it’s time to write down some feats!! And make the Haters Mad Storm beats Vulcan.

I can’t wait. I’m going straight to the Battle Boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Wow, that IS interesting.

And true Ewing did say that. I’m that case I REALLY want a Cosmic Slug Fest. EVERYONE pull out your note books and pencil it’s time to write down some feats!! And make the Haters Mad Storm beats Vulcan.

I can’t wait. I’m going straight to the Battle Boards.
    And the thing is it wont be out of the realm of possibility for ororo. It will easily fit her range. She has channelled the total power of a galactic core and the process was described as simple only being pushed to an unimaginable degree. No omega aside legion and maybe jaime has demonstrated this level of power and scale without outside influence. That alone shows the kind of power sphere storm is operating in. And the only reason she was dying was because her body was exposed to the rigors of space after. Ewing must know this as he referenced the acanti swimming.

The battle boards will not be ohk, the hatters will not be ohk. They will start another comicvine thread and vote about how storm should have lost to vulcan when fucking alex was able to hand him his ass before. The mysogynoir will be intense but all in all I will take those tears and use them to salt my stake. Because F the noise
    170203-salt-bae-mn-1530.jpg
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 12-02-2022 at 12:15 AM.

she unlocks Some dormant divinity within her or finds out The Bright Lady is connected to her line and they still won't budge with her... there really is no reason for her not to get her own issue. it took ages for her finally to be named an omega and her Divinity is still in question, I'm not gonna lie storm was honestly the only thing that got me interested in the x-men of course iv come to love other characters but my god do they take forever to anything with her...i really really hope in the coming future storm is gonna lose her patience and stop holding back, mabey Vulcan tossing her around might awaken something hidden in her
    Bestie I love your imagination. If you can write please make it a fanfic because that is where it will be omg. But hey, when you dream dream biiiiig.
    Oh also I doubt vulcan can shake her in any meaningful way if she is being serious. When she called him child she meant that. He is a child to her in power and all. If she takes any beating it's because she doesnt want to go all out to hurt arakko. So I believe the fight might be a stalemate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    That Red #9Â….!!!!!! So a big F$&@ NO to an elemental form via incineration lol (*prepares spell to adjust wigs through iPhone screen*).

IÂ’d like to see a good fight where Ororo not only matches his power when she needs to, but creatively defends herself and Arakko where she needs to, and strategically/tactically wins. An unforeseen win could be the faith and belief of the Arakkii empowering her (which would be kind of awesome), but IÂ’d like to see Ororo either hold her own to a standstill or win with no outside or next level influences. Her powers are vast, encompasses energy & matter (air & water still have uses here, especially pressure), and she is one the keenest tactical minds on the X-roster. I think she already has what she needs to contend here.

Then she needs to deal w/ Xavier and maybe Scott. Foolish of them to bring him back, especially if they didnÂ’t consult Ororo first (they seem very unprepared in the preview). There are many powerhouses on Krakoa & Arakko that can still be tapped before an insane Vulcan needed to be brought back.
    What if this vulcan is going to try and blow up the sun. Damn that will be insane. But yeah I am with you, I dont want storm dying for an elemental form that will not be acknowledged by the office after the fight and ewing are done with the story. I want a battle, a fight. But like they described themselves vulcan is a fire ororo is The hurricane. And hurricane is a storm system that feeds on fire aka heat to churn water and air. A dynamo of sorts.

Tbh I don't even think a her writer's race has anything to do with it. Coates got "lucky" in the sense that he wasn't bound by the X-Office and he worked hand in hand with them. Even still, like you mentioned, it took the X-Office AGES to finally confirm that Storm was indeed a bonafide Goddess and not just one in name only.

I firmly believe had Coates been bound to the X-Office things would've turned out differently for that part of her development.

When it comes to advertisment and brandng, Storm is their go-to but when it comes to actual story content she always falls to the wayside. If not for Red then I honestly don't know where she'd be. Maybe in X-Men under Scott & Jean and drinking coffee with Polaris.
    Wait the xoffice has acknowledged she is a goddess? Where? Because till this day anytime the xoffice calls her a goddess I feel it is kinda Mockey, carries the same energy as when magneto calls himself a god. Just silly chest pounding. But yeah you are right afterall the writers outside of the office have also made it clear that they see her as a bonified goddess. Miss erika will not be discounted, the anniversary of power of light is coming up in a few weeks and she still hasnt been given a storm story to write at least an infinity comic.

But yeah it's from the office, they are still clinging to the narrative that ororo's tribe only worshiped her because they were thirsty and wanted water. So they proped up the rain girl's ego and made her think she was a goddess. Her mystical lineage and inheritance be damned. It was just a silly hungry African tribe that was propping up her delusion and we got that many many many times. That is the narrative they have playing in thir head. A delusional african girl who only learnt real grit and sense once she came to America and joined the x-men. It is the life line of all her haters it is their source of amo. Obviously not all think like this but those that do kinda have oversized influence than those that dont. So here we are. With a charchter who was the embodiment of the heroines journey before that was a thing being diminished and shrunk to prop up her counterparts. It's why many storm fans were angry when the only true tangible signifier of her worth and progression her Regency was taken. It's why many storm fans will likely leave red if 10 doesn't give.

They are just tired. Comicvine used to bustle with storm activity, storm was the most talked about marvel hero aside spiderman on there but most of the comments were degrading to the charchter and her fans. So now the #storm forum is dead and rightfully so.

I dont like the xoffice calling her a goddess because it is a mockey of not only her but her tribe and her ancestry. But hey it's never that serious
    woozy-face_1f974.png
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 12-02-2022 at 12:58 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I will not be leaving XMR as long as Ewing is Writing it.
    As a Storm-fan, I have no high and mighty great expectations of her showing out and beyond. I've not been disappointed so far with how she's been written so, whatever Ewing does in 10, I'm good. And besides, I'm not only a Storm-fan...I really do love all the characters he's brought together.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!