Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 12488
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Ya'll storm appears in dark ages she fries a symbiote freeing miles
    Eh...Boring.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Eh...Boring.
    im sorry but I thought the same thing. more lightning lass more im not a goddess no thanks.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I agree maybe with two points there, the World Apart piece and the Eternity piece, but the others, not really. I think she has much more impressing feats like striking X-Man with her lightning, sealing that dimensional demon (I always forget his name) and the Galactic Core thing. Oh yeah, I liked the Rogue Storm feat too but the others could have been replaced with something much more impressive and better. And the piece for World's Apart could have been replaced with the tornado which she created to travel from one end of the Earth to the other... there are many more impressive things you know...
    what moments would you add to this list? I definitely didn't care for any of the ones that referenced asgard (loki or thor).

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Lol Everyone knew Ro was a goddess my guy, Tchalla was just reiterating what should've been embraced from the get go no cap. It wasn't "all of a sudden" as much as it was a reminder because be honest ya bois in the Xferm of Marvel ain't really doing much to embrace that status quo.
    I agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    It's a solid list. I've always stated her hosting Eternity's consciousness is an underrated feat, so I am glad it mage the list. I wanted there to be more consequences from that encounter. It would have been cool for the writer to use that as the springboard to her godhood. I am still miffed that we don't have the story of how Storm transition from a human mutant to goddess. I'd rather the potential to have been in her all the time and a cosmic experience like that triggered it than T'Challa telling her she's a goddess and all of sudden it's true.
    as Mekk80s said, this wasn't an all of the sudden thing. in fact it was hinted at in her mini she was a goddess after becoming an xmen and then of course there was the time she processes she was not a goddess... yet

the xoffices just haven't done much of anything to really different deeper into this because I think it would distract from the story they want to tell which is she is an omega level mutant who is queen of Arrakko. I think both can be done and hope Ewing will do a bit more to explore her godhead but right now it has been very minimally highlighted.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It's just not the week for AU-Storm's lol.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    im sorry but I thought the same thing. more lightning lass more im not a goddess no thanks.
    Exactly... the whole story just feels meh to me... the only good thing about it is that we got to meet storm's daughter and I absolutely love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    R.I.P Storm........LOL

what moments would you add to this list? I definitely didn't care for any of the ones that referenced asgard (loki or thor).
    Same here, I was quite bothered by the reference of Asgard (Loki or Thor) thingy. I am just blindly tired of Reporters always referring to that when it comes to Storm and her Godhood. Why not show the real thing from Black Panther when she awoke for the first time. Or the Stone reference that you pointed out here:

And I already said alternatives they could have added. Like Storm defeating the Adversary (always keep forgetting his name), Storm defeating that thing in BP due to the spores unlocking her godhood, Galactic Core achievement. There are so many other achievements that Storm was more remarkable yet they pulled some of the worst out of all of them. Like, who cares about Asgard or her beating/killing Calisto?! Come on! Let me not point out the oblivious lack of update on her profile, even though referring to it! No one has added any information from the past decade or so? WTF Marvel? Do your job and update your prominent characters' Profile pages.

I was reading by the way several DC Comics today and god, are they on entirely different level than Marvel stories. Disappointed that Marvel is rehashing the old stuff (not that DC doesn't), instead of building new stories, new fronts and so on.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 02-23-2022 at 03:26 PM.

good maybe she will learn next time as an amputee to develop her powers defensively so she doesn't lose another limb.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Exactly... the whole story just feels meh to me... the only good thing about it is that we got to meet storm's daughter and I absolutely love her.
    yes she was adorable!!! lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-23-2022 at 03:15 PM.

I agree with all of this.

as Mekk80s said, this wasn't an all of the sudden thing. in fact it was hinted at in her mini she was a goddess after becoming an xmen and then of course there was the time she processes she was not a goddess... yet

the xoffices just haven't done much of anything to really different deeper into this because I think it would distract from the story they want to tell which is she is an omega level mutant who is queen of Arrakko. I think both can be done and hope Ewing will do a bit more to explore her godhead but right now it has been very minimally highlighted.
    The xoffice wants and has for a very long time tried to bastardize godhood. You become a god! you become a god! you become a god!... we all become gods! And that's the thing, none if any mutant actually have that build up to being true deities not even apocalypse. Only if ever just possessing godlike powers.

I think the problem is that because a being is super powerful it automatically means they are a god when being a god is by it's very definition a nature a state of being a transcendent form of existence.

Gods embody concepts and universal constants, to destroy a god you must destroy or erase the very concept they embody and since erasing a concept is literally impossible so therefore gods are by all purposes eternal beings.

The way they have treated the term goddess when it comes to storm, it now feels like a nickname rather than something she truly is... it's like red for Jean or chuck for Xavier. It hold no true weight no true value beyond a sense of familiarity, hence why calisto was like goddess to her in marauders when she threw a knife for her to catch, (ugh) soo cringe. "I am a goddess!"... throws lightning which for the most part doesn't do anything,

meanwhile people who casually break planets and destroy stars don't
    go around saying I am a goddess! I am a god! It makes storm seem delusional and it gaslights we the fans in the worst way possible....hence why randos can be like storm fans are delulu for saying she is a god. Its exhausting and frankly I am tired of it.

I made my peace a few days ago that we should get used to seeing lightning lass forever! storm will be throwing occasionally effective lightning and blowing wind till thy kingdom come all whilst being called "goddess"... lol. Occasionally we will get a storm here or there but for the most part meh stuff only.

So I am solely going to focus on character going forward... the political shenanigans in red and how storm responds to that is what I am here for. Anything else is backdrop... she shoots lightning? Yaaay cool... she blows wind? Good for her, now let's get back to how she will fix the policies and laws of arakko. And how will she beaucracy herself on the galactic council to get her agenda passed in time ... mmm mmm mm that's what I want to see.

Same here, I was quite bothered by the reference of Asgard (Loki or Thor) thingy. I am just blindly tired of Reporters always referring to that when it comes to Storm and her Godhood. Why not show the real thing from Black Panther when she awoke for the first time. Or the Stone reference that you pointed out here:

And I already said alternatives they could have added. Like Storm defeating the Adversary (always keep forgetting his name), Storm defeating that thing in BP due to the spores unlocking her godhood, Galactic Core achievement, being the host of Eternity without any troubles and noting that she is the only one capable of doing so due to her strong will and mind. There are so many other achievements that Storm was more remarkable yet they pulled the worst out of all of them.

I was reading by the way several DC Comics today and god, are they on entirely different level than Marvel stories. Disappointed that Marvel is rehashing the old stuff (not that DC doesn't), instead of building new stories, new fronts and so on.

I think a large part of the reason many dont cite the Black Panther story is because it didn't come from the xoffices. Aside from the Arrakko stuff we have gotten from Ewing, the modern storm stories have been really blah . That list didn't make mention of any of her solo series moments which I guess speaks volumes about these stories they green lit for her.

I agree about the moments you mentioned my apologies for missing them. What did you like about the DC stories? I feel like with storm instead of letting her to continue to develop they like to regress her to earlier versions of herself. Like this punk look that she will be wearing. It would have been so nice to see her become an elemental being finally but now it seems they trying to make her a street leveler, with the little knife in tow. Why won't they let her fly!!!!

good maybe she will learn next time as an amputee to develop her powers defensively so she doesn't lose another limb.l
    At this point I am slowly begining to believe storm really ain't battle savy as I like to think she is. Like I mean you are supposed to be in a school which teaches science... can someone tell her that she can create shields and defences with the elements? Can someone please tell her that she can literally create magnetic shields just like erik? Please can someone tell her that sometimes the best defence is a good defence?

It's getting very irritating seeing storm getting taken out by pis when she can literally avoid it.
    But I guess that is the magic of plot.keeps a whole ass headmistress dumb on defenses for 45 whole years. The thing to is that she has done these things before but not regularly ... and for someone who said she values life a lot it sure doesn't feel like she values hers or else she would be putting up shields anytime she goes into battle.

LOL I just realized something.

Nuking the Xavier Institute was Pointless because there were only 7 Mutants at the time. That's not taking into account for when the New Mutants, X-Force so on and so forth start arriving at the School. HELL Kitty hasn't shown up yet.

LOL They didn't "Dispose of them before their numbers grew" those numbers weren't born yet HAHAHAHA...stupid Humans.

I think a large part of the reason many dont cite the Black Panther story is because it didn't come from the xoffices. Aside from the Arrakko stuff we have gotten from Ewing, the modern storm stories have been really blah . That list didn't make mention of any of her solo series moments which I guess speaks volumes about these stories they green lit for her.

I agree about the moments you mentioned my apologies for missing them. What did you like about the DC stories? I feel like with storm instead of letting her to continue to develop they like to regress her to earlier versions of herself. Like this punk look that she will be wearing. It would have been so nice to see her become an elemental being finally but now it seems they trying to make her a street leveler, with the little knife in tow. Why won't they let her fly!!!!
    Yeah, updated my reply above. Anyway! I do agree that I am not fan of her upcoming Punk version, yet again, as you say regressing her back. That is so annoying! They should progress forward not go backward! Turn her in elemental being, or give her the ability to turn into one. Make her the weather itself, I've been waiting for this for quite some time! We don't want Street level Storm, we want GALACTIC and MULTIVERSAL level Storm!

And as I said, if you are writing an article about her and referring it to her Profile at least update that profile it hasn't been updated for the past decade or so!

As far as DC, I was reading Superman's new comics about his junior year as a hero. It was so well written, showing the internal conflicts the character had with his powers and his constant holding back to avoid harming someone. They explain in issue 2, I believe, how his laser beams work, and how their power builts and comes out of his eyes, something that Marvel hasn't done for quite some time. They also touch on the different aspects of Clark, the ones which he had before becoming a Justice League co-creator.

And I hear that Wonder Woman is a fully-fledged Goddess now, able to summon God level weapons and wield God level powers like Zeus. I am sorry but for me Wonder Woman is Storm, and it feels like Wonder Woman is copying her from time to time with her new powers, or at least in the way I heard the story being retold.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 02-23-2022 at 03:36 PM.

And I already said alternatives they could have added. Like Storm defeating the Adversary (always keep forgetting his name), Storm defeating that thing in BP due to the spores unlocking her godhood, Galactic Core achievement. There are so many other achievements that Storm was more remarkable yet they pulled some of the worst out of all of them. Like, who cares about Asgard or her beating/killing Calisto?! Come on! Let me not point out the oblivious lack of update on her profile, even though referring to it! No one has added any information from the past decade or so? WTF Marvel? Do your job and update your prominent characters' Profile pages.

Because what development she got in bp is not truly canon until the xoffice says it is. The asgard thing annoys the crap out of me... really solidifies the stupid idea that storm is a derivative of thor and that no matter what she would always be a knock off version of him in terms of power. Its insulting not only to the character but to the very tribes she hails from and she was based off from. The rain queens have a very fascinating tradition which should be the most prominent myth in ororo's legacy. Yet we get bootleg mjionir or whatever.

I also realized that no article or listing of storms powers actually ever references the galactic core feat or the Triton feat? Very few articles mention ot once in passing... but for the most part none do.

There is this article about storms powers are apparently being based on nomanclature, and stating that she shouldnt be able to manipulate solar winds and that the fact that she can manipulate solar winds is simply because there is winds at the end of "solar winds" and nothing else. And that it is silly cause that is the same as pyro being able to control fire trucks because they have fire in their name.

When I read that cbr article I simply lost millions of brain cells. I literally didnt know what to make of it.
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-23-2022 at 03:52 PM.

If storm wants her divinity explored with respect, I am sorry to say this but she needs change race and gender. Cause unless she is well... she ain't gonna become a god in marvel or even comics if she is going to do that as a woman she better be prepared to become crazy and die .but she 8s black do none is going to happen .
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-23-2022 at 03:58 PM.