Page 749 of 833 FirstFirst ... 249649699739745746747748749750751752753759799 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,235 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Omg this was a dissertation, but I get your points. Ultimately the convos and the vs battles dont matter. Lile Ewing said power rankings are phooney. They add no value to the charchter neither do they subtract from the charchter. Your post also hammered why I personally dont like the omega classification. Because it is ultimately a plot contrivance at best and a deus ex machina at worst. All in all I want variety when it comes to storm. Have her do more than throw lightning around there is sooo much electricity can do other than strike the floor.
    Lmao this is why I love his posts. Yes it's a lot but it's never just a wall of text vomit. There's always a point and/or some educational l value to it.

Posters like that are rare.

What what is happening I am soo lost.
    Lmao check pms.
    Last edited by Subliminally; 12-03-2022 at 02:28 PM.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Lmao this is why I love his posts. Yes it's a lot but it's never just a wall of text vomit. There's always a point and/or some eshcatuonal value to it.

Posters like that are rare.

Lmao check pms.
    He made a lot of sense his posts always usually does. But Yeah I am kinda tired of the powers discourse tbh. It just feels very invain. I mean you are simply complaining to yourself how is that going to do anything. But it is ultimately a fun way to exercise your interests. There is a reason death battle is popular and battle forums are bustling with activity and comictok is largely a vs match about who ones fave can solo. But in the end if the writer wants spiderman to solo hulk spiderman will solo hulk, powerscaling be damned.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 12-03-2022 at 02:35 PM.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

He made a lot of sense his posts always usually does. But Yeah I am kinda tired of the powers discourse tbh. It just feels very invain. I mean you are simply complaining to yourself how is that going to do anything. But it is ultimately a fun way to exercise your interests. There is a reason death battle is popular and battle forums are bustling with activity and comictok is largely a vs match about who ones fave can solo. But in the end if the writer wants spiderman to solo hulk spiderman will solo hulk, powerscaling be damned.
    That's it lol. That's the sole reason I love discussing her powers and how they mesh/cancel out other characters.

Like Storm vs Jean the good ol classic example. I have 0 interest in seeing these two go at it. But I'll be front row at a discussion that attempts to figure out out Storm's control over electricity can scramble tp & tk.

You are 100% correct about power scaling. Even now, that's the main reason why not only is Orchis still an active threat but not even Magneto could bring down the station even amped by Hope.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

That's it lol. That's the sole reason I love discussing her powers and how they mesh/cancel out other characters.

Like Storm vs Jean the good ol classic example. I have 0 interest in seeing these two go at it. But I'll be front row at a discussion that attempts to figure out out Storm's control over electricity can scramble tp & tk.

You are 100% correct about power scaling. Even now, that's the main reason why not only is Orchis still an active threat but not even Magneto could bring down the station even amped by Hope.
    Everything I do online is ultimately for the lolz it's never that serious. I'm never that serious.

Yeah and issue 6 sye stated that the energy from the planets core was intense. If they are trying to limit her Idk if she can handle emperor vulcan. But it can also be a red herring to throw us off. Either way we will see.
    Fair enough. I think Ewing will give both characters justice no matter who winsvor if its a draw, but I donÂ’t think Storm would risk the delicate balance of ArakkoÂ’s atmosphere by going for the jovian pressure tactic. I can see how a pissed and aggro Vulcan will push her to do the unexpected, and thatÂ’s StormÂ’s wheelhouse. Brand may still think she is dealing with the “Queen of the Morlocks” and may be surprised she’s also dealing with a “Queen of Amenth.”

He could tell that to another woman but he couldn't tell that to Storm?

Anyway

And that's the killing part of it all. She should be able to do everything Bobby can do and then some. Tempeture control is under the umbllla of her Omega power.

But the thing is it would take a really crative writer to put these two together and not have Bobby or Storm seem redudant. At least before it was thought that Storm was amping Bobby by drawing in moister from the surrounding area but cleraly that isn't the case anymore since I believe he can just create ice from nothing now?

Al is/was giving us SOME cold feats but nothing that would cause a rakus. I'd love if she'd pull this move off on someone! Doesn't have to be Vulcan but just some other threat down the line.

The most annoying part is she was there when this happened and as canon states if she views something she can replicate it.

Namelass red #1
    She has already regulated her own body temperature as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Namelass red #1
    She has already regulated her own body temperature as well.
    Yeah I'm aware of that but that's not what Bobby did. He instantly froze every water molecule in Legions body. Clearly Storm didn't do that to Nameless because she was still able to move her lips to speak and consciously strike herself with a lightning bolt. In fact the scan pretty much states part of what Storm did to Regent "stopping an opponent not through a constrictive ice sheath..."

Everything I do online is ultimately for the lolz it's never that serious. I'm never that serious.
    This should be pinned to the top of every new page.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Nah, there's no reason why Magneto wasn't able to destroy that place even when amped. They just wanted an excuse to make Orchis a BIG threat even though IMO they aren't.

Same, I enjoy being silly. And posting Gif's about how I feel.

Astonishing Member

Yup, powers will always be scaled down in the name of narrative tension and stakes, because despite hyping the omega label I think Marvel's genuinely afraid of setting a precedent by unleashing the full might of omega level mutants against their enemies. And that's why we'll get a dozen omegas able to terraform Mars in a matter of hours, but we'll never get an omega X-Men lineup of Storm, Bobby, Jean, Exodus, Vulcan, Proteus, Hope and Elixir taking the fight straight to an incoming Phalanx armada. But man, that lineup would be epic to imagine in an all-out space battle against one of the most powerful and widespread force of antagonists in the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yup, powers will always be scaled down in the name of narrative tension and stakes, because despite hyping the omega label I think Marvel's genuinely afraid of setting a precedent by unleashing the full might of omega level mutants against their enemies. And that's why we'll get a dozen omegas able to terraform Mars in a matter of hours, but we'll never get an omega X-Men lineup of Storm, Bobby, Jean, Exodus, Vulcan, Proteus, Hope and Elixir taking the fight straight to an incoming Phalanx armada. But man, that lineup would be epic to imagine in an all-out space battle against one of the most powerful and widespread force of antagonists in the Marvel Universe.
    I do think we will get a Omega lvl Team Book, it's just Marvel could be waiting for the right time or circumstance to unleash it.

But, that would be AWESOME to see.

It's the way we are saying storm vs vulcan like an omega level brawl, meanwhile it is going to be a lightning bolt, some wild fires here and there, vocal spat then a come to jesus moment for vulcan so he changes his ways, lol. After 8 I have realized that red will never be what you expect, will it be good? Oh yeah just not what you or I were thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Nah, there's no reason why Magneto wasn't able to destroy that place even when amped. They just wanted an excuse to make Orchis a BIG threat even though IMO they aren't.

Same, I enjoy being silly. And posting Gif's about how I feel.
    Even with Magneto's attempts and failures, the fact they haven't had Magik (amped or not) just portal the whole thing into the Sun or just get one of the reality warpers to wipe it out of existence period.

And once again, I'm give some side eye to Storm and Marvel editorial because they are literally in her backyard and they've had her address it all of 0 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I do think we will get a Omega lvl Team Book, it's just Marvel could be waiting for the right time or circumstance to unleash it.

But, that would be AWESOME to see.
    Well remember, the new age considers Omega Mutants a resource and a rare one at that. Terraforming a dead planet is a different ballgame than sending them off to fight some being that would even call for putting together such a powerhouse team in the first place.

I'd also never include Hope since she's basically the linchpin to the Mutant race at this point.

It's the way we are saying storm vs vulcan like an omega level brawl, meanwhile it is going to be a lightning bolt, some wild fires here and there, vocal spat then a come to jesus moment for vulcan so he changes his ways, lol. After 8 I have realized that red will never be what you expect, will it be good? Oh yeah just not what you or I were thinking.
    Didn't Al promise us a fight tho? Like an actual fight since issue 2 was just a warm up?

one thing that does make me a little hopeful for the future of the x-Men (mostly Storm) is younger Writers are going to read these forums and listen to what people have been saying for years the Woman writing the second scarlet witch issue immediately said she was gonna use Storms Magical Ancestry, something past writers have not touched for decades... it might take some time but i have no doubt younger writers are gonna giver her the shine she needs
    "Goddess be Praised"

Even with Magneto's attempts and failures, the fact they haven't had Magik (amped or not) just portal the whole thing into the Sun or just get one of the reality warpers to wipe it out of existence period.

And once again, I'm give some side eye to Storm and Marvel editorial because they are literally in her backyard and they've had her address it all of 0 times.
    Exactly. That WHOLE Explanation Marvel gave is complete BS, but whatever moving on.

Well remember, the new age considers Omega Mutants a resource and a rare one at that. Terraforming a dead planet is a different ballgame than sending them off to fight some being that would even call for putting together such a powerhouse team in the first place.

I'd also never include Hope since she's basically the linchpin to the Mutant race at this point.

Didn't Al promise us a fight tho? Like an actual fight since issue 2 was just a warm up?
    I think we can agree that protocol has gone out the Window. Magneto is dead and Vulcan had died so clearly they don't seem to "Precious Resources" since their deaths.

I actually thought that every Omega Lvl Mutant would have their own personal Body Guard based on the Protocols.