Page 783 of 833 FirstFirst ... 283683733773779780781782783784785786787793 ... LastLast
Results 11,731 to 11,745 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    That isn’t happening. I get some people trying to mask their own perception of Storm not being powerful enough for this fight so they state “Arakko team-up” will happen so Storm doesn’t lose, but I do not foresee that happening. Part of me also feels they do not want to see Storm succeed here, even to a stalemate, because they feel her power should be limited to below Vulcan’s tier despite them both being omegas w/ feats galore. That’s their baseless hand up. Storm can handle hers.

If anything, like BobbysWorld stated the GR may take the role of protecting the people/planet from the fallout of their fight, but Ororo should and will do this solo. I find it funny that none of them think to recall that Polaris completely f$&@‘d Vulcan up simply by crushing his metal armor around his body (very arrogant to wear that around Lorna of all people, who too is of ‘Amenth’). Or sundipped Havok whooping Vulcan’s ass despite being less powerful than Blackbolt or Adam Warlock. Yet if its Storm - who’s powetset is quite unique here and has electron ripped Stardust, created a mini hydrogen bomb that briefly held SS, pressure forces to contain a mini-nuke, or defeated the Trion must have help otherwise it won’t be accepted as credible. They make me lol.

I get that Ewing makes sure the cast get love and attention buts that been done through issuses 4 - 9. This issue will be Storm’s. I think he is pretty balanced in his approach. I think he’ll let Ororo fight, win, lose, or stalemate, and it’ll be respectful of her cunning, tactical thinking, and power.
    I got into it on YouTube with a Vulcan fan and used some of those examples you listed like Polaris and Havok beating him. Apparently Havok was amped and Polaris was far from alone in that fight. https://panels-of-interest.tumblr.co...can-2007-5/amp
    Last edited by The Regent; 12-11-2022 at 04:10 PM.

I think that sentiment stems from the #stormshouldhumbleherself campaign sentiments. Like I said before the power ceiling in the xverse is set, the only true god tier mutants are the ones who were once deemed beyond omega (such a stupid term). But all these individuals and the pheonix hosts have this innate credibility lent to them by most fans that they can be Mary Sue's but that isnt an issue, but when storm a charachter that has trained all her life with the best if the best and has the power of a goddess is up against them. She must lose simply because vulcan beat gladiator...etc. siting powerscaling and all that. And again I have stated that aside maybe legion and a very few, No other omega has demonstrated the sheer level of innate power without any external influences yet. And that includes even Vulcan. But like I always stress I dont really blame the fans because she rarely goes there only doing that three times and a fourth when she became the hadari yao. Always she is contained and restrained, but it looks like she is operating at max because unlike lowballed omega telepathy or telekinesis,lowballed omega weather manipulation is still a BEAST of a power. Being able to summon tornadoes and hurricanes is no joke. But the amazing thing is that, it is still nothing but the surface of what she is truly capable of.

Chris said it best, 40 years ago.
    Screenshot_20221211-231106_Chrome.jpg
    Let her do more, she us in space god damn it.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 12-11-2022 at 04:19 PM.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I got into it on YouTube with a Vulcan fan and used some of those examples you listed like Polaris and Havok beating him. Apparently Havok was amped and Polaris was far from alone in that fight.
    They are so lame. Polairs didn’t need help to pull off what she did. It was a team brawl because X-Men but she didn’t need anyone to pull off her attack. It was pure smart tactics on her part to take advantage of his armor that way and had him screaming in pain and could have easily killed him. He wasn’t expecting it but that was his own arrogance talking. Havok was sundipped so he was amped, but it doesn’t help their argument. The fact remains that Vulcan, an omega level energy manipulator, was getting whooped by someone who is not an omega by using his sundipped energized fists.

Astonishing Member

I might just be playing myself, but I do believe that Storm will beat Gabe single-handedly and that a large part of the reason Ewing took her off the board for the last two issues and focused on other characters was to try and balance things out in preparation for Storm to own next issue.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I don’t think there will be interference, but I can see how that Theory could work.

I Have full Faith in the Ewing. :-)
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 12-11-2022 at 04:42 PM.

They are so lame. Polairs didn’t need help to pull off what she did. It was a team brawl because X-Men but she didn’t need anyone to pull off her attack. It was pure smart tactics on her part to take advantage of his armor that way and had him screaming in pain and could have easily killed him. He wasn’t expecting it but that was his own arrogance talking. Havok was sundipped so he was amped, but it doesn’t help their argument. The fact remains that Vulcan, an omega level energy manipulator, was getting whooped by someone who is not an omega by using his sundipped energized fists.
    I wonder why he didn't just start absorbing her power after the fact. Blackbolts scream reduced him to a zombie but he kept fighting and of course he survived the universe bomb... I'm just saying the writing is all over the place lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I wonder why he didn't just start absorbing her power after the fact. Blackbolts scream reduced him to a zombie but he kept fighting and of course he survived the universe bomb... I'm just saying the writing is all over the place lol.
    Fair enough. And that part to me is OK and makes sense. Once his head, ribs & organs were getting crushed (he was bleeding IIRC) he didn’t have the wherewithall to try and fight PoPo for control of her energy. She could’ve went all the way and did to Vulcan what her father did to Tarn. At that point he was at her mercy and his power wouldn’t have changed anything. After BB’s scream he was briefly incapacitated and then started fighting again. That’s true but tjey can’t assum e its what Storm has to do because multiple other showings proved its not needed to win. Havok didn’t need to make him into a walker (lol), he was just beating the shit out of him and Gabe was too rocked to overcome Alex when they were both energy amped. And with Gladiator he didn’t overpower him (he got KO’d when he tried to straight up fight Kallark the first time). He cunningly cut him off from his power source.

Where I’m going with this is Storm doesn’t need to replicate or exceed what BB did to him to prove she can contend here. She has the power to counter Vulcan in ways BB couldn’t. She has tactics Vulcan wouldn’t see coming and are just as debilitating as Polaris’s were and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I might just be playing myself, but I do believe that Storm will beat Gabe single-handedly and that a large part of the reason Ewing took her off the board for the last two issues and focused on other characters was to try and balance things out in preparation for Storm to own next issue.
    This is where my head is atm.

But in a way I love this. We are not truly certain what will happen next issue. I guess that's the power of Ewing, he can make soemthing that is seems like the outcome is obvious still feel unexpected.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    But in a way I love this. We are not truly certain what will happen next issue. I guess that's the power of Ewing, he can make soemthing that is seems like the outcome is obvious still feel unexpected.
    True. And I don’t want to take away from that. Overall Ewing has been a blessing for Storm/her fandom since her joining SWORD and now Red.And I’m appreciative that we have topics to talk about re: Storm. For the longest time we didn’t, and we’re getting some development and depth that is much needed (though a lot more is needed and needs to solidify). It’s just passed time to see Storm step into her own in every sense of the phrase and claim a place in the MU/X-Verse.

BANNED

Why not? As seen in Emperor Vulcan (2007) #5, Alex handled Gabriel alone rather easily... I see no good reason why Ororo with enough motivation couldn't do the same.

Fair enough. And that part to me is OK and makes sense. Once his head, ribs & organs were getting crushed (he was bleeding IIRC) he didn’t have the wherewithall to try and fight PoPo for control of her energy. She could’ve went all the way and did to Vulcan what her father did to Tarn. At that point he was at her mercy and his power wouldn’t have changed anything. After BB’s scream he was briefly incapacitated and then started fighting again. That’s true but tjey can’t assum e its what Storm has to do because multiple other showings proved its not needed to win. Havok didn’t need to make him into a walker (lol), he was just beating the shit out of him and Gabe was too rocked to overcome Alex when they were both energy amped. And with Gladiator he didn’t overpower him (he got KO’d when he tried to straight up fight Kallark the first time). He cunningly cut him off from his power source.

Where I’m going with this is Storm doesn’t need to replicate or exceed what BB did to him to prove she can contend here. She has the power to counter Vulcan in ways BB couldn’t. She has tactics Vulcan wouldn’t see coming and are just as debilitating as Polaris’s were and worse.
    I was arguing the bold on page 771 lol I completely agree. What I don't want is for them to downplay Vulcan in order to give Storm a win, like I said on page 771 if Storm flash froze him and all energy around him to absolute zero after exhausting everything else, it would be a reasonable way to win.

If Vulcan started absorbing the sun and blasted Storm with all his vengeance and Storm being smarter would take that energy and transform it into a massive solar system spanning storm that grows and grows until Vulcan exhausts himself, that would be reasonable.

If they both canceled each others powers out in the beginning of the fight like Tarn and Vulcan did and Storm stomps him hand to hand(which I don't want but it's reasonable) etc. But if she starts jobbing with energy fists like Alex NOBODY will take it seriously.
    Last edited by The Regent; 12-11-2022 at 05:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    I mean, he's definitely made Storm a constant topic of conversation as opposed to say, Duggan who basically gives each of his characters one issue of spotlight per year. If that.

Duggan has his favorites and that's alright for the most part.

He's wrote her final issue in mauraders good and well as that issue of x-men where he even gave her a feat.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Duggan has his favorites and that's alright for the most part.

He's wrote her final issue in mauraders good and well as that issue of x-men where he even gave her a feat.
    Who was the writer that had Storm talking smack to a Valkyrie only to have her hit in the face with a giant magical mallet... that still pisses me off.