Page 821 of 833 FirstFirst ... 321721771811817818819820821822823824825831 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,315 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    And then dog walk Xavier's ass too since he had to know everything that's happened since he held her mind for resurrection but stayed silent.
    Xavier is always up to some shady things, but I honestly don't think that he, or any of the other telepaths involved in that process, actually are privy to every single thought in a person's mind when they do that Cerebro transfer. To me it feels like they just move the folder from one spot to another, not that they go through every single file, if you get what I'm saying. Even when they do the Cerebro copies. It's more like taking a photo by just pressing a button and letting the machine do it's thing, not mentally scanning and recreating everything by hand, pixel by pixel, so to speak.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Gillen confirmed in his newsletter that Immortal X-Men #11 is going to be a Storm POV issue.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Gillen confirmed in his newsletter that Immortal X-Men #11 is going to be a Storm POV issue.
    Well that makes sense he simply wont shut up about it.
    Well here we go.
    IMG_20221208_130233.jpg

Also can we get a link to that newsletter?
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't think Xavier is actively and intentionally reading every single mind he's uploading via Cerebra. If he was, that would mean he's privy to the secrets of every single mutant living on Krakoa and in the database...the same way Jean or Hope aren't "reading" the minds that are collated every time they use Cerebra.

And even if that wasn't invasive and disrespectful and Xavier was willfully flouting the Telepaths Code of Conduct across the board...that's a hell of a lot of psionic information to hold at any one given time far less ALL the time.

Anywho...

Storm got a really nice call-out by Cerebella (via Data-page) in today's New Mutants.
    I would appreciated if you didn't put words in my mouth, thank you. No where did I say Xavier was actively and intentionally reading every single mutant mind he's had a hand in bringing back/scanning. But as I'm sure you'll agree, Brand is a special case. Furthermore, Storm-Brand via Lactuca explicitly said how vulnerable Brand felt while Xavier was holding her mind.

As for the second part of your statement, Xavier is far from the pinnacle of morality when it comes to Telepathy to the point it's literally a running joke when he took offense to Alex calling him out for it in Red #9.

Lastly, yeah it is a lot of information! And if we were talking about the Five-In-One I'd agree. But this is Xavier running around permantly amped with Cerebro. He was able to catch Xandra entire genetic code which only gave him a bloody nose. You really think one little lonely mind is going to strain him? Not to mention he doesn't have to keep her entire mind in his, just the relevant bits. For example, I really don't see Xavier keeping in his mind the intimate details of Brand's and Hank's love life.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Xavier is always up to some shady things, but I honestly don't think that he, or any of the other telepaths involved in that process, actually are privy to every single thought in a person's mind when they do that Cerebro transfer. To me it feels like they just move the folder from one spot to another, not that they go through every single file, if you get what I'm saying. Even when they do the Cerebro copies. It's more like taking a photo by just pressing a button and letting the machine do it's thing, not mentally scanning and recreating everything by hand, pixel by pixel, so to speak.

Oh yeah I do and I believe that's the process for every run of the mill resurrection. However if you look at the bits we've seen so far it's clear that they can manipulate the mind before it's put back in the body like what they attempted to do with Vulcan. If they can do that then they can clearly read the memories of the stored mind.

Like I said to Dev, I believe Brand is a special case because as you said Xavier does shady shit and he can recognize the stink of it on other people.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Well that makes sense he simply wont shut up about it.
    Well here we go.
    IMG_20221208_130233.jpg

Also can we get a link to that newsletter?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't his favorite issue of Red the same one where Storm was missing or something like that? Like something happened and we were like "oh ok so this is why this issue was his favorite".

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This was really nice
    NM 33 08 (2).jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This was really nice
    NM 33 08 (2).jpg
    This was a really good moment and I loved they included it. Like yeah, Storm was there when she got her new body but the fact she could connect with Storm to such a degree without even really knowing her just speaks to the type of person Storm is. When Storm says her powers aren't what make her powerful, I feel like moments such as this are apart of a larger picture to what she's actually saying.

Looks like we can add Cerebella to the ever growing list of in-universe Storm fans.

This was really nice
    NM 33 08 (2).jpg
    Wow this is my momment of the year. Loved this. Wish cerebella all the best.

This was really nice
    NM 33 08 (2).jpg
    It's this kind of stuff that gets me right in the heart. These moments are important and I hope to see much more of them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I feel like I don’t write on this board enough as I should. Can I just say that I’m loving how ‘Ro is being portrayed in this Kroakoan era!? I mean we have a black woman on 2 councils and doing true bad bitch shit!! I’m looking forward to seeing her drag Vulcan all through Mars! And I also need her to smoke Isca as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't his favorite issue of Red the same one where Storm was missing or something like that? Like something happened and we were like "oh ok so this is why this issue was his favorite".
    Lol yeah I remember throwing shade towards him when that little nugget came out. I'm not expecting much from her focus issue but for some reason hope springs eternal. Of all the IMX issues released, the only ones I felt were mediocre were 4,5, and the one depicting Destiny's work with the Black Womb Project(can't remember the issue number). His batting average isn't too bad so far so he might surprise us.

He has been screeching about how issue 11 is his best work yet or whatever, because he has been getting lashed by storm fans non stop on Twitter. He knows many of us dont care for him so he trying to extend an olive branch of sort With those pr statements. But again this issue is not one I am particularly looking forward to, I do hope lukas is drawing though. That will make me excited. Like she will be inept as F, but at least she will look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Lol yeah I remember throwing shade towards him when that little nugget came out. I'm not expecting much from her focus issue but for some reason hope springs eternal. Of all the IMX issues released, the only ones I felt were mediocre were 4,5, and the one depicting Destiny's work with the Black Womb Project(can't remember the issue number). His batting average isn't too bad so far so he might surprise us.
    His batting average only works because he is very invested the charachters he writes. It's either 1) what happens during sins of sinister alters storm to the extent that she is twisted enough for gillen to appreciate her. Or 2) Ewibg basically gave him notes on the script and how to not write sgorm incompetently. I am going with the former because he said somewhere I forget that he is very much looking forward to issue 11 because of just how emotional it is.

IMG_20221228_224618.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    His batting average only works because he is very invested the charachters he writes. It's either 1) what happens during sins of sinister alters storm to the extent that she is twisted enough for gillen to appreciate her. Or 2) Ewibg basically gave him notes on the script and how to not write sgorm incompetently. I am going with the former because he said somewhere I forget that he is very much looking forward to issue 11 because of just how emotional it is.

IMG_20221228_224618.jpg
    Oh man, I forgot all about that quote. This is why I don't read interviews anymore. I find them to be nothing more than PR puff pieces that really just never match up to the reality of what's depicted in the actual comic. I'm letting the work speak for itself now.

And now you've got my expectations for his Storm issue back in line. This guy just cannot wrote Storm. At all. She's had no impact in his IXM run in terms of the Quiet Council and he definitely didn't do anything with her during Judgment Day. I have a feeling his issue with her is going to be a lot like her Giant Size Issue by Hickman, which was another work that I found horrifically mediocre. But you can just tell Hickman thought he was being deep with the character when for me it just came off as hollow and perfunctory. I think I'm expecting similar results out of Gillen now.

I really do think that he CAN write, it's just that Storm is too morally straight & narrow for him to really enjoy. From what I can gather he excells with the likes of Sinister, Emma, Xavier and the more shady group. Although I will forever give him side eye for obsession with Sinister. From pre-hickman racist Sinister to post-Hickman where Sinister just "snipped the racist part" out of his brain. Like this is the same man who went out of his way to have Sinister call Storm the "colonial pet" of Cyclops.

Like mam you getting a bit too giddy with that pen.
    Last edited by Subliminally; 12-28-2022 at 04:16 PM.