Page 89 of 833 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189589 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 12488

Im gonna pay a lot just to see Tarn get this every meeting....
    IMG_20220303_060930.jpg

Omg Arakko and Storm raising eyebrows and smugging partners be like -- I ship it so hard!!!! �� More please!!! Cant wait for red!!!

And my dearest OTP Tchoro thank you-- im just gonna sing

That if I can't be close to you
    I settle for the ghost of you
    I miss you more than life (more than life)
    And if you can't be next to me
    Your memory is ecstasy
    I miss you more than life
    I miss you more than life

I wont nitpick anymore why they havent done this with Krakoa since day 1 as long as they continue this...enjoy the day everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    We got a strong confirmation of her ability to be one with an entire planet. That arakko sought her to talk to her and when tarn was trying to dismiss her defended her. Even idyl the omega precog was shook. She didn't see that coming (pun intended) lol.
    I think it should've always been that way being she literally controls the forces of nature and how her emotions can affect the weather. I'ma need to see these panels soon. I'll most likely see them from Blerd without fear lol

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and we can't forget this one
    and storm shady ass... she know iceman can't do what she does and how she does it lol

I love how they drew Storm's torn outfit as if here boobs are about to pop out in between the rip in her top lol

That panel feels very anime, in the sense that bad anime artists treat gravity as acting on both boobs in new, different and exciting ways, hah.

I'm glad everyone is excited about the recent stuff, but I just can't get into it. Everything with Arrako just feels so setup to fail and blow back on Storm, so I'm just dreading everything. I genuinely hope I'm wrong, but as soon as Magneto and Cable got announced for Red, my response was "Great, more white dudes to undermine Storm, steal the spotlight and actually drive the plot".

I only see two endings for Arrako: either wiped out to hype or start a big event, or even the end of this status quo; or Apocalypse comes back and either kicks her out or turns her into one of his new Horsemen. Again, I hope I'm wrong and I'm just being cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That panel feels very anime, in the sense that bad anime artists treat gravity as acting on both boobs in new, different and exciting ways, hah.

I'm glad everyone is excited about the recent stuff, but I just can't get into it. Everything with Arrako just feels so setup to fail and blow back on Storm, so I'm just dreading everything. I genuinely hope I'm wrong, but as soon as Magneto and Cable got announced for Red, my response was "Great, more white dudes to undermine Storm, steal the spotlight and actually drive the plot".

I only see two endings for Arrako: either wiped out to hype or start a big event, or even the end of this status quo; or Apocalypse comes back and either kicks her out or turns her into one of his new Horsemen. Again, I hope I'm wrong and I'm just being cynical.
    My friend, you are too negative! Cheer up! And look more positively at the things!

I found this news just now:

https://ew.com/books/my-super-hero-i...rvel-universe/

I find it an interesting take on the Black Heroes in the Marvel Universe, what do you guys think?

Those who dont believe will be lashed into the faith.
    lolol exactly serves him right.

im really curious how the other mutants in the ring and abroad view her. she definitely seems to have the respect of arrakko for sure.
    Indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed X-Men #9. Duggan wrote the whole cast well, the art/coloring was AMAZING, and he knows how to present a regal, funny, and entertaining Storm. Specific to Storm Duggan's reminder to the readership that Storm's powers includes a bond with the planet, one that allows her to even commune with plant life. Initially when she spoke to the plants I got the impression it was more of an 'emotional'/empathic psychic connection, but this issue made it clear that this connection can be pretty damn deep. Able to understand Arakko, which means the same should extend to Krakoa as well. Did not see the Arakko + Storm connection but I am HERE FOR IT! Here is to hoping that Storm and Sunfire get some pages in Duggan's X-Men to rescue Redroot. With this issue it makes me think about who would be her allies on the GR? I think Arrako is solid. I can't not see Magneto join the GR, and if his time in Red is about redemption/new path I think Storm is an ideal relationship that would help him get there. Besides them....who else would align with Ororo?

Those who dont believe will be lashed into the faith.
    lolol exactly serves him right.

im really curious how the other mutants in the ring and abroad view her. she definitely seems to have the respect of arrakko for sure.

I completely disagree. Also, I think Red has plenty of critical plots for Storm, Cable and Magneto to get fair focus without anyone getting undermined. Ewing has handled his casts quite well.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I love how they drew Storm's torn outfit as if here boobs are about to pop out in between the rip in her top lol
    I didnt even notice that until you mentioned it.lol

I understand tour cynicism. its not out of place when considering what we have gotten from the xoffices in the past. we were promised big things only for us to get her becoming logans play thing and then taking orders from kitty.. i can never forget that but i think we have to give credit when its due. there is great potential for her to fall hard but Ewing has done her justly so far. he had her take out an army of villains solo when they easily took out the imperial guard, he's had her gain the respect of the Arrakii including tarn, and given her a pretty important role within the arrakki society. im cautiously optimistic things will continue to go up for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed X-Men #9. Duggan wrote the whole cast well, the art/coloring was AMAZING, and he knows how to present a regal, funny, and entertaining Storm. Specific to Storm Duggan's reminder to the readership that Storm's powers includes a bond with the planet, one that allows her to even commune with plant life. Initially when she spoke to the plants I got the impression it was more of an 'emotional'/empathic psychic connection, but this issue made it clear that this connection can be pretty damn deep. Able to understand Arakko, which means the same should extend to Krakoa as well. Did not see the Arakko + Storm connection but I am HERE FOR IT! Here is to hoping that Storm and Sunfire get some pages in Duggan's X-Men to rescue Redroot. With this issue it makes me think about who would be her allies on the GR? I think Arrako is solid. I can't not see Magneto join the GR, and if his time in Red is about redemption/new path I think Storm is an ideal relationship that would help him get there. Besides them....who else would align with Ororo?
    agreed about xmen 9. it was a pleasant surprise.

I see the next saga for her in arrakko will be tough. she has a few adversaries that she is not aware of including brand and the villain who attacked her and imperial guard. what's going to be her biggest obstacle I think will be what she can't see who is out to take her out.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I feel in the great ring lactuca and silo are her most secure allies. I feel those two are tired of war an want peace and on lactuca's part its largely an assumption but also due to how quickly they defended and threatened tarn if he were to attack krakoa. Xilo on the other hand created a whole damn valley where no war must be fought, if that doesn't scream I am tired of this **** I dint know what dies. Lastly it's either sobunar or orra leaning more towards orra as sobunar is more violent and battle eager. Orra on the other hand as the head of law seems more inclined to order, need to see more to asses. Isca is the unreadable one on the ring. Her motives and actions are entirely fluid automatically if there is war she will be the most powerful seat after the regent as they will have to defer to her. But on the other hand she is playing a game an omega game and we will see where that leads.

It's not unfounded but, I will say it being ewibg it is looking hopeful. Ewing has a very unique way of writing characters of colour. He writes them as universal yet not devoid of their roots. He was quiet literally the best Monica and adam writer of the last decade and even possibly since they came to being. His other series also has this I am currently reading the book We only Find them When They Are Dead. The poc are fleshed out and central to the story in the most organic way. And that is the cosmic.

From what he has shown me I am very confident he can deliver. Let's just support him as he goes on this joune6wuth storm and arakko

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

It's not unfounded but, I will say it being ewibg it is looking hopeful. Ewing has a very unique way of writing characters of colour. He writes them as universal yet not devoid of their roots. He was quiet literally the best Monica and adam writer of the last decade and even possibly since they came to being. His other series also has this I am currently reading the book We only Find them When They Are Dead. The poc are fleshed out and central to the story in the most organic way. And that is the cosmic.

From what he has shown me I am very confident he can deliver. Let's just support him as he goes on this joune6wuth storm and arakko
    Ewing is the ONLY reason I am encouraged and believe ororo will be fine. We still have some things to be concerned with as Gillen is writing her in his book. The good news there is her primary book will be Xmen Red so I think we have a lot to look forward to.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I think it should've always been that way being she literally controls the forces of nature and how her emotions can affect the weather. I'ma need to see these panels soon. I'll most likely see them from Blerd without fear lol
    Oh it was kinda cute how arakko reached out to storm so she could be heard and when storm started speaking on arakko's behalf she tells tarn that she has heard the whispers of planets before. To storm they are living breathing things, they along with stars and all other natural elemental phenomenon to the whole universe itself. That's why I hate the term planet buster as it gives the impression that she is just waiting to kill a planet one day when to her those are living beings with wills and hopes of their own. I believe ororo is at her strongest when she us creating not destroying. Cause that's where her soul thrives.

Ewing is the ONLY reason I am encouraged and believe ororo will be fine. We still have some things to be concerned with as Gillen is writing her in his book. The good news there is her primary book will be Xmen Red so I think we have a lot to look forward to.
    Yes indeed who knew Duggan will make us this excited and break the drought.

good points I was just going to post some moments where we see her connection to the planet(planets)

Yep she is connected to the whole damn shebang! Its soo endearing to see. And it is very much cannon that the earth completes her weatter circuit as she draws energy directly from the earth to create weather. The planet and its core acts as a dynamo to power her weatger phenomena that's why she can control the magnetic fields of the entire planet to an extreme degree so as to draw lava from the earth.

The jean panel was great, it indicated the difference in ther empathic abilities jean is linked to minds mostly human but can extend to animals and even extra dimensional beings, whilst storm is linked to all the forces of the planet and every other planet or environment at large.

and we can't forget this one

[/img]
    I like this one too, she states that she feels the entire planet.under attack the shifting of the magnetic fields meaning it is affe ting the very core of the planet.... I think this is why Duggan said that the planets heart thrums under her as her thunder reigns on high planet size.