Page 90 of 833 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 12488
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and we can't forget this one

and storm shady ass... she know iceman can't do what she does and how she does it lol

Is that Post?

On another note look at what I found.

Ain't it beautiful?

��Threads of superheated gas & magnetic fields are weaving a tapestry of energy in this #new panorama of the center of our Milky Way galaxy. Roughly 1,000 light years across and 2,000 light years long, this image teaches us more about our galactic space #weather... (1/2) https://t.co/UQp3TSbdRT

I've been burned so many times I don't have the heart to get excited. But Ewing has been consistently a good to great writer, so there's some cautious optimism in there somewhere

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I've been burned so many times I don't have the heart to get excited. But Ewing has been consistently a good to great writer, so there's some cautious optimism in there somewhere
    And that's honestly all we can ask for. Honestly when Ewing is left to do his own thing he spins gold I feel like. But somehow someway Marvel editorial shackles get in the way. And I know that we all want it but the pessimistic side says Marvel won't let him turn storm into the headliner that she deserves to be.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    And that's honestly all we can ask for. Honestly when Ewing is left to do his own thing he spins gold I feel like. But somehow someway Marvel editorial shackles get in the way. And I know that we all want it but the pessimistic side says Marvel won't let him turn storm into the headliner that she deserves to be.
    Yeah marvel editorial really is a enemy of progress more often than not. Which is shocking given the amount of continuity errors in the books at times.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Is that Post?
    yes thats him

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yep she is connected to the whole damn shebang! Its soo endearing to see. And it is very much cannon that the earth completes her weatter circuit as she draws energy directly from the earth to create weather. The planet and its core acts as a dynamo to power her weatger phenomena that's why she can control the magnetic fields of the entire planet to an extreme degree so as to draw lava from the earth.

The jean panel was great, it indicated the difference in ther empathic abilities jean is linked to minds mostly human but can extend to animals and even extra dimensional beings, whilst storm is linked to all the forces of the planet and every other planet or environment at large.
    yes I thought that panel with Jean was pretty nice that as a telepathy as powerful as she there was still awe towards Ororo's connection with the earth.

I like this one too, she states that she feels the entire planet.under attack the shifting of the magnetic fields meaning it is affe ting the very core of the planet.... I think this is why Duggan said that the planets heart thrums under her as her thunder reigns on high

when did he say that
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yes thats him

yes I thought that panel with Jean was pretty nice that as a telepathy as powerful as she there was still awe towards Ororo's connection with the earth.

when did he say that
    Oh it was in planet size xmen when storm was molding the atmosphere and climate of arakko

Oh it was in planet size xmen when storm was molding the atmosphere and climate of arakko
    oh thanks love.

where do you hope to see ororo go next both in terms of her place in arrakko and krakoa, and relative to her powers?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Oh it was kinda cute how arakko reached out to storm so she could be heard and when storm started speaking on arakko's behalf she tells tarn that she has heard the whispers of planets before. To storm they are living breathing things, they along with stars and all other natural elemental phenomenon to the whole universe itself. That's why I hate the term planet buster as it gives the impression that she is just waiting to kill a planet one day when to her those are living beings with wills and hopes of their own. I believe ororo is at her strongest when she us creating not destroying. Cause that's where her soul thrives.
    Agreed. A lot of non-Storm fans like to point to characters' destructive feats as the true measure of power, but I think feats of creation are even more powerful and important. Not the least bit because most characters can't do any creative feats with their powers.

Yes indeed who knew Duggan will make us this excited and break the drought.
    I personally had a lot of faith in Duggan, but maybe that's only because he picked Penance/Monet during the X-Men Vote 2022. ;D

On another note look at what I found.

Ain't it beautiful?

��Threads of superheated gas & magnetic fields are weaving a tapestry of energy in this #new panorama of the center of our Milky Way galaxy. Roughly 1,000 light years across and 2,000 light years long, this image teaches us more about our galactic space #weather... (1/2) https://t.co/UQp3TSbdRT
    Definitely pretty.

oh thanks love.

where do you hope to see ororo go next both in terms of her place in arrakko and krakoa, and relative to her powers?
    Well, I'd definitely like them to show that she can communicate with Krakoa, too.

And given her connection to plants, I think I'd like to see her and Groot team up. XD Maybe she's one of the few people who understand him beyond "I am Groot"...?

Overall, I'd like to see her continue to be an important figure in mutant culture and competent protector of Arakko. If Arakko (the planet) continues to be the capital of Sol, then she's basically the queen of our solar system and I'd like to see alien dignitaries pay her visits accordingly, with the rest of the galaxy continuing to have diplomatic relations with Arakko. I want to see the mutants continue to thrive, perhaps get involved in more cosmic adventures.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Agreed. A lot of non-Storm fans like to point to characters' destructive feats as the true measure of power, but I think feats of creation are even more powerful and important. Not the least bit because most characters can't do any creative feats with their powers.

I personally had a lot of faith in Duggan, but maybe that's only because he picked Penance/Monet during the X-Men Vote 2022. ;D

Definitely pretty.

Well, I'd definitely like them to show that she can communicate with Krakoa, too.

And given her connection to plants, I think I'd like to see her and Groot team up. XD Maybe she's one of the few people who understand him beyond "I am Groot"...?

Overall, I'd like to see her continue to be an important figure in mutant culture and competent protector of Arakko. If Arakko (the planet) continues to be the capital of Sol, then she's basically the queen of our solar system and I'd like to see alien dignitaries pay her visits accordingly, with the rest of the galaxy continuing to have diplomatic relations with Arakko. I want to see the mutants continue to thrive, perhaps get involved in more cosmic adventures.
    Yep, especially that god awful site comic vine or whatever. A chatachter is only powerful if they can destroy/break something. In a lot of vs battles with storm you often see them state that so and so can "bust"a planet or a star storm cannot hence she is weak. AND I am like huh? It's a really redundant macho way to think. But I guess that's comic fandom for you.

I will like to see her create constructs with the elements, constructs are a perfect way to demonstrate control. And many often times they state storm has ABSOLUTE control over all elements and forces that govern weather anywhere and everywhere all that jazz, so they should get to it. Today I was watching documentaries about weather on other planets, do you know that there are planets where it literally rains rocks and others where it rains molten glass? Like the possibilities are endless indeed for storm.

Isn't it? I will really love to see storm play with the cosmic forces. It is just sitting there waiting and begging to be explored just like her godhood.

Awww man that will be sooo cool. I believe red root will be a very close ally to storm. Red root seems to hate fighting and competition unlike other arakkii. She was reluctant to join the xos event only doing so because arakko was in danger. Even arakko herself kinda hates war and bloodshed. And was glad that an era of peace had come for her kind with the movement to mars.
    Last edited by Reigna; 03-03-2022 at 12:03 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Let's Talk about Storm's H2H combat really Quick because I see that people YET AGAIN do not know that she is VERY high up their.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Let's Talk about Storm's H2H combat really Quick because I see that people YET AGAIN do not know that she is VERY high up their.
    Same, it's really irritating me. Tou got someone over her saying storm is being over exaggerated in her hand to hand abilities lately. And I am like she fought four people this entire era all of whole were either cocky or outright cheated. And everyone knows storm is a beast when it comes to knives so I dont get what their point is.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Same, it's really irritating me. Tou got someone over her saying storm is being over exaggerated in her hand to hand abilities lately. And I am like she fought four people this entire era all of whole were either cocky or outright cheated. And everyone knows storm is a beast when it comes to knives so I dont get what their point is.

It's just the Sheer Ignorance.

How about we give a List of People that Storm has Fought and held her own shall we.

Storm has Fought:
    Khan -Warlord from another Planet with Increased Speed, Agility and Enhanced Strength.
    Crimson Commando - Increased Strength, Speed, Staminia. Said to be almost close to Capt. America
    Callisto - I don't need to say more.
    Marrow - I don't need to say More.
    Black Panther - Nuff Said.
    Shuri - Nuff Said.
    Death(Child of Apocalypse has w/thousands years of experience - Nuff Said.
    Nighteyes(Vampire) - Far superior stats.
    Hand Ninjas
    Limbo Demons
    Sunspot - Arial Combat she whooped his ass.
    Dora Milaje
    I mean c'mon seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

Definitely pretty.

agreed to all of this. I definitely want to see her grow and thrive in the regent position .

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    It's just the Sheer Ignorance.

How about we give a List of People that Storm has Fought and held her own shall we.

Storm has Fought:
    Khan -Warlord from another Planet with Increased Speed, Agility and Enhanced Strength.
    Crimson Commando - Increased Strength, Speed, Staminia. Said to be almost close to Capt. America
    Callisto - I don't need to say more.
    Marrow - I don't need to say More.
    Black Panther - Nuff Said.
    Shuri - Nuff Said.
    Death(Child of Apocalypse has w/thousands years of experience - Nuff Said.
    Nighteyes(Vampire) - Far superior stats.
    Hand Ninjas
    Limbo Demons
    Sunspot - Arial Combat she whooped his ass.
    Dora Milaje
    I mean c'mon seriously.
    I mean look at this resume, and they still wanna downplay her skills. She was trained by logan, black panther, the Dora Milaje, cyclops and life... with a good knife and her wit there is few hand to hand opponents she cant overcome.