Page 289 of 456 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 6836
    Amazing Member

Why does everyone want her to pay the price for what she did? Lol. She has godly powers. She's not supposed to answer to anyone or go to prison. Jean never did. Polaris never did after the Malice stuff. Black Widow and Domino kill and make jokes about it..we all know they not going everywhere and after the reaction Wanda got after Endgame, she's not gonna suffer in a prison or be cast off the centerline. It ended up to interpretation where she allowed it to end because the kids were troubled. Hopefully they do the solo movie and keep pushing her...her story has been progressive..lost her parents, brother died, saved everyone several times during Imfinity War and Endgame, she was forced to crush Vision, lost her kids, and lost them again after the Darkhold clearly corrupted her actions. She can't just die...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky99 View Post
    Why does everyone want her to pay the price for what she did? Lol. She has godly powers. She's not supposed to answer to anyone or go to prison. Jean never did. Polaris never did after the Malice stuff. Black Widow and Domino kill and make jokes about it..we all know they not going everywhere and after the reaction Wanda got after Endgame, she's not gonna suffer in a prison or be cast off the centerline. It ended up to interpretation where she allowed it to end because the kids were troubled. Hopefully they do the solo movie and keep pushing her...her story has been progressive..lost her parents, brother died, saved everyone several times during Imfinity War and Endgame, she was forced to crush Vision, lost her kids, and lost them again after the Darkhold clearly corrupted her actions. She can't just die...lol
    Because it's character development. And despite what Wanda has done in the MCU, the character overall is a hero. So usually when they have heroes do bad stuff, they have the redemption arc after it. No one is wanting her to go to prison lol. Just make right what she did wrong, which she has done in comics as well.

Jean did face the music for killing the Brocolli people in comics btw. Bucky Barnes faced trial. Scott Summers spent time in prison. Both Cap and Hawkeye faced trial and jail time for murders they didn't even commit. It's not done often but it is done. Several characters were imprisoned during CW too.

People are asking for her redemption. Not punishment really. But even when heroes are punished, it's to have them push through and become better people.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No one is wanting her to go to prison lol.
    You sure about that? I've come across a lot of comments awfully invested in her turning herself in for what she did in WandaVision. I can't imagine they've changed their minds after MoM.

It will be interesting where they take the character moving forward. As I see it, they've written themselves into a corner and cannot have Wanda in anything but a redemption story. The problem is, redemption involves the character demonstrating they've changed and would never do The Bad Thing again, so Wanda will... never read ever again? Lol just like the comics, they neglected to give her any agency, so there can never be a satisfying redemption arc if possession is used to downplay her culpability.

At best, they can lean into her grief, but that would just be a rehash of WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    You sure about that? I've come across a lot of comments awfully invested in her turning herself in for what she did in WandaVision. I can't imagine they've changed their minds after MoM.

It will be interesting where they take the character moving forward. As I see it, they've written themselves into a corner and cannot have Wanda in anything but a redemption story. The problem is, redemption involves the character demonstrating they've changed and would never do The Bad Thing again, so Wanda will... never read ever again? Lol just like the comics, they neglected to give her any agency, so there can never be a satisfying redemption arc if possession is used to downplay her culpability.

At best, they can lean into her grief, but that would just be a rehash of WandaVision.
    I mean not making up for her actions was not the heroic thing to do. I don't think there is any arguing about that. Still prison itself wouldn't really be a good punishment, would it? There is no prison that could really hold her and I think that would be obvious for all parties involved.

Wanda needs a Spider-Man moment. "With great power, comes great responsibility". Wanda is one of the most powerful people on Earth but she is still naive and not really knowledgeable about magic and its dangers. That's what lead her to study the Darkhold in the first place while accomplished sorcerers like Strange or Wong would have immediately seen the danger ahead.

That's why I think Wanda will seek out Agatha again as was already teased. She needs someone to really teach her everything about magic so she can use her powers in a more responsible way and not become a victim again of something she didn't fully understood.
    Last edited by Galerion; 05-28-2022 at 04:30 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

That is why you don't write those lame excuses lol, it would be actually better for them if they deemed Wanda as one and done for MoM and leave her dead.
    The trouble of bringing her back and doing a redemption story is rationalizing her ridiculous arc in MoM.
    It will have to involve a lot of retcons and change of interpretation. Just like how the Children's Crusade bring up the whole life force stuff while refusing to tackle the the whole continuity error of Wanda's random amnesia.

If someone got bitten by a zombie and got turned into a zombie and starts to eat bunch of people, then miraculously got cured, then what would be that guy's "redemption arc" anyway? Normally those characters are expendable and they will be headshotted before they got a "cure". Wanda basically needs to recover from being written as a zombie or something close.

And yeah, that would be a rehash and again a waste of time.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-28-2022 at 05:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I mean not making up for her actions was not the heroic thing to do. I don't think there is any arguing about that. Still prison itself wouldn't really be a good punishment, would it? There is no prison that could really hold her and I think that would be obvious for all parties involved.

Wanda needs a Spider-Man moment. "With great power, comes great responsibility". Wanda is one of the most powerful people on Earth but she is still naive and not really knowledgeable about magic and its dangers. That's what lead her to study the Darkhold in the first place while accomplished sorcerers like Strange or Wong would have immediately seen the danger ahead.

That's why I think Wanda will seek out Agatha again as was already teased. She needs someone to really teach her everything about magic so she can use her powers in a more responsible way and not become a victim again of something she didn't fully understood.
    Lol, it's more like "With great popularity and narrative favor, you won't commit too bad of a crime in the first place, even if you do, you get the easy way out."
    Wanda is by definition nothing like Spider-Man, characters who got into her situation probably cannot get "the Spider-Man moment".
    Despite all the supposed fuzz about "Peter going dark", the worst violence he wants to commit is "stabbing the guy who just killed my loved one", and said loved one is literally the only casuality of a multiversal hazard.

Also literally everything she does can be turned against her own character.
    Having kids with Vision? Delusional woman for making "fake babies".
    Read Darkhold to learn more about her own power and the prophecy? Instantly evil and arrogant for thinking she can handle that ****.
    Going to Agatha? A less favorable writer can frame that as her not learning her lesson and seeking help from an "evil witch".

What I hope of Wanda is her being resourceful, knowing the risk but sometimes taking them anyway to get things done. Darkhold could be part of that.(That plot goes to Stephen surprise, surprise.) WandaVision is not shy about Wanda being that, she is a faster learner who replicate some of Agatha's tricks pretty fast.
    So why can't she be this magic prodigy like Stephen as well? Stephen can navigate the Time Stone after opening a damn book for the first time, give her some natural talent in navigating Darkhold pages, how about that.
    The story could be so much more interesting if Darkhold is both fucking with her mind, but at the same time, she gains valuable info that could help her defeat certain foes(and even Chthon).
    Instead MoM is straight up "reading it is bad for you", it makes a boring story that is hard to follow up on.

Even turning in doesn't have to lead to prison. And I don't imagine they could or would do that. It'd be more of an earning her way back into society through actions sort of thing.

As far as the Darkhold, why would she ever need to read it again? It wasn't just reading in general that did her in. It was reading something she was warned was the book of the damned.

I see a redemption arc being something like she learns to control her powers so they don't rule over her because of her emotions, and gets to confront Chthon. She should be able to take control of her life and get to a point in her grief cycle where she's ready to come to terms with things. And maybe dedicate her life to preventing other people experiencing her same tragedy by saving people.

It'd be interesting if she goes through some realization that she's become the bomb she feared and loathed. Become something like what took her parents.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-28-2022 at 09:11 AM.

Hero characters never stay in prison. And Clint Barton was able to go full Punisher for a good period of time and get left off the hook.

It just comes with the territory of there never being any serious consequences in Superhero stories.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    What I hope of Wanda is her being resourceful, knowing the risk but sometimes taking them anyway to get things done. Darkhold could be part of that.(That plot goes to Stephen surprise, surprise.) WandaVision is not shy about Wanda being that, she is a faster learner who replicate some of Agatha's tricks pretty fast.
    So why can't she be this magic prodigy like Stephen as well? Stephen can navigate the Time Stone after opening a damn book for the first time, give her some natural talent in navigating Darkhold pages, how about that.
    The story could be so much more interesting if Darkhold is both fucking with her mind, but at the same time, she gains valuable info that could help her defeat certain foes(and even Chthon).
    Instead MoM is straight up "reading it is bad for you", it makes a boring story that is hard to follow up on.
    This is key. Wanda needs to be allowed to master magic. She did it in comics. She took up learning magic, became adept and took on an apprentice.

And while all those steps don't need to happen, the first one could be key to her getting a grip on her powers, self control and being able to confront Chthon.

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...17054490927105

A.X.E Eve Of Judgement variant by David Nakayama

Marvel, still not buying variants until she's actually in the issues.

Now that is a stunning cover
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member

Its Great Wanda is forgiven by mutants to the point that not only she's invited to the Gala but she even has a dressed designed for it by Jumbo.