Page 280 of 456 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 6836
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The unusual thing about Wanda is that she is almost always a hero in the comics, but there are a very tiny few stories where she's the villain, and somehow they've overshadowed her entire comics history.
    A problem she shares with Pym, is that Wanda doesn't have enough memorable big hero moments, to overshadow the big dramatic missteps. So the bad gets remembered, because there isn't enough big good stuff to remember. (Many of her heroic outings have been while partnered with Avengers like Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and / or the Vision, who were more likely to get the climactic 'oh yeah!' scene, barring that time she toasted Ultron after he clobbered half the team.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A problem she shares with Pym, is that Wanda doesn't have enough memorable big hero moments, to overshadow the big dramatic missteps. So the bad gets remembered, because there isn't enough big good stuff to remember. (Many of her heroic outings have been while partnered with Avengers like Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and / or the Vision, who were more likely to get the climactic 'oh yeah!' scene, barring that time she toasted Ultron after he clobbered half the team.)
    Wanda has plenty of heroic moments. She wasn't turned villainous right away like Hank. She wasn't even really until like 40 years into her character being published. But it is true that huge swaths of her characterization are in Volume 1 of Avengers that goes about 500 issues, of which she's in a lot. And it makes it difficult for people to find out who she really is. So they seek out events or rely on what they see online. Because other than that the solos that she was in were Vision and the Scarlet Witch, her 90s mini and Scarlet Witch 2015. What gets copy and pasted the most is HoM ad nauseum. So it's all that most people that don't or can't read everything about Wanda know.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They supposedly signed Liz Olsen to a 7 year deal. So it's likely she will come back without the Darkhold possession, and they'll do some sort of redemption. It might not be soon though, since Olsen said she's taking a little bit of a break from Wanda.
    The seven-year contract was a fake news item; apparently they don't do those long term contracts any more. However, credible sources have claimed that a solo "Scarlet Witch" project is in the works, but of course nothing is set in stone at all.

I think at this point it largely depends on what Elizabeth Olsen wants to do. It sounds like she loved doing "WandaVision" but wasn't as happy about the story of Doctor Strange, so if they have a good story for her she'll do it. Let's hope.

"WandaVision' did a decent job of pairing a House of M type of story with stuff from Wanda's comics history, mostly her romance with Vision, but also learning that she has "chaos magic" powers when all this time she thought her powers weren't magical. The movie nodded very briefly to her comics history by mentioning Chthon, but other than that she was unrecognizable.

The seven-year contract was a fake news item; apparently they don't do those long term contracts any more. However, credible sources have claimed that a solo "Scarlet Witch" project is in the works, but of course nothing is set in stone at all.

I think at this point it largely depends on what Elizabeth Olsen wants to do. It sounds like she loved doing "WandaVision" but wasn't as happy about the story of Doctor Strange, so if they have a good story for her she'll do it. Let's hope.
    As with everything, I wait to see things confirmed. I would not be surprised either way. It'd be interesting to get MCU Wanda fans reactions if they go through what we went through almost two decades ago, and Wanda just disappears. Only it'll be worse on them, because actor contracts have limitations.

I'll really feel bad if another generation of fans have to go through that.

Twitter image
    FTY9ffsWAAE8b3c.jpg

Wanda has a fraction of his Elder God powers. Not the full thing. And I find the limit that she's only omnipotent when tapping into a stronger power good enough to keep her at a reasonable power level but also explain away her omnipotent moments.

A character having limitations does not mean they need to be weak.
    I hope if she gets a solo they say if she can access to his full power and let her defeat another entity, it's not fair that only Thor can have this type of moments nowadays lol

Maybe let wanda have a relationship with chthon like Naruto/Kurama at least now that Chthon is fused/bounded with her soul.

Early Wanda had had tons of limitations with her hex bolts and sometines doing incredibly stupid things like taking down a meteorite in Kang's head defeating loki and dormammu with an hex.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-23-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I hope if she gets a solo they say if she can access to his full power and let her defeat another entity, it's not fair that only Thor can have this type of moments nowadays lol

Maybe let wanda have a relationship with chthon like Naruto/Kurama at least now that Chthon is fused/bounded with her soul.

Early Wanda had had tons of limitations with her hex bolts and sometines doing incredibly stupid things like taking down a meteorite in Kang's head defeating loki and dormammu with an hex.
    They might have already with her consuming him, but the previous canon was his full power meant he was free and she was possessed as his avatar. It was a way of reasoning how she still wields elder god power as a mortal. Mortals typically cannot do even really a fraction of that power easily. And Wanda was able to do it and for most of her career, keep it pretty much in control.

And yes, even with early limitations she was really powerful. Dormammu was because of the evil eye, but still... she can still be really powerful but have like her "kryptonite." It allows her to remain humanized, gives her challenges that are good enough for a variety of stories, or including her on teams.

Not only that but it doesn't help that what they had her do in HoM, was so big that affected that X-Men franchise for years and i dare to say even other franchises in the same brand like Avengers and street levels heroes mentioned/reference at least once what happened in HoM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Not only that but it doesn't help that what they had her do in HoM, was so big that affected that X-Men franchise for years and i dare to say even other franchises in the same brand like Avengers and street levels heroes mentioned/reference at least once what happened in HoM.
    Yeah, if it had only been "Avengers Disassembled" she would have made her recovery pretty easy. She killed three heroes and blew up a mansion and that's nothing in superhero-land.

But "no more mutants" meant that she was responsible for years of misery in Marvel's most popular franchise.

You can see in "Children's Crusade" how it easily deals with the fallout of "Disassembled" by bringing Scott back, but has to jump through so many hoops to explain why she can't just repower all the mutants. Billy and Tommy were always supposed to go looking for her after "Disassembled" but when "House of M" happened, it probably contributed to her being gone from comics much longer than expected.

How long she'll be gone from the MCU I don't know, but unfortunately part of the reason she "only" killed extras and variants is so she won't have killed any characters the audience cares about, which makes it easier to bring her back.

Mortals typically cannot do even really a fraction of that power easily. And Wanda was able to do it and for most of her career, keep it pretty much in control.

And yes, even with early limitations she was really powerful. Dormammu was because of the evil eye, but still... she can still be really powerful but have like her "kryptonite." It allows her to remain humanized, gives her challenges that are good enough for a variety of stories, or including her on teams.
    True. But Wanda was the only Avenger left standing against both Dormammu and Loki. She boosted herself over a pit and even shrugged off that hardening mud that stopped others before casting her last hex.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Yeah, if it had only been "Avengers Disassembled" she would have made her recovery pretty easy. She killed three heroes and blew up a mansion and that's nothing in superhero-land.

But "no more mutants" meant that she was responsible for years of misery in Marvel's most popular franchise.

You can see in "Children's Crusade" how it easily deals with the fallout of "Disassembled" by bringing Scott back, but has to jump through so many hoops to explain why she can't just repower all the mutants. Billy and Tommy were always supposed to go looking for her after "Disassembled" but when "House of M" happened, it probably contributed to her being gone from comics much longer than expected.

How long she'll be gone from the MCU I don't know, but unfortunately part of the reason she "only" killed extras and variants is so she won't have killed any characters the audience cares about, which makes it easier to bring her back.
    What makes it more easier and is what they are using right now, Me and my LCS owner Friend had a Long talk about this yesterday, that they can and are already blaming her actions on “ An Evil Book Manipulation and Possession” and that is far easier to bring a hero back from cause blame for actions can be equal to the evil object. More, if they just add one or 2 recon elements of Chtolon and more in-depth of his power then they can go the full blown in recon, explaining and bringing Wanda back.

Heck No it is not how we want it, but we work with what life gives us then what we wish we had to find the fixes to problems.

What should be more evident is that getting a Hero, especially a female hero as high in popularity and Love that Wanda has still over and if they have a hard time filling in the void of acting that Miss Olsen brings or the popularity levels Wanda has again to a new lady to the MCU, then they will start to go right back to her, fixing their mistakes, that is one of many routes to see how she comes back.

I still hope new characters to do well, but to get to a level with the fans and public Wanda has was a miracle in and of itself to achieve, their is no blueprint to such success, so the MCU has to trend to see who works and weight that with how much Wanda still works as well.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True. But Wanda was the only Avenger left standing against both Dormammu and Loki. She boosted herself over a pit and even shrugged off that hardening mud that stopped others before casting her last hex.
    Yeah, like I said she's still wildly powerful. Even with limitations, so it doesn't really take anything away from potential feats if people are interested in that. She very early on force choked Electro too. There is a way to keep things still challenging to her but not to where she just solves every problem instantly and easily beats everyone.

Extraordinary Member

Ahhh, instead of MCU formula, you get ancient horror movie formula. Should have ripped off In the Mouth of Madness instead.
    Nice posters though.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-23-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I was waiting for some of my favorite Youtubers' thoughts on MoM. Well, guess I am not dedicated enough since some of them already did.
    Here is Princess Weekes's takes on MoM.

Her WV takes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8vXxo-N5bU&t=2523s

Jac Schaeffer 2.0 I guess lol.(Also PW is pretty thorough about Wanda's history briefing, a nice change from people who only ever scream about AD/HOM.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-23-2022 at 08:59 PM.