Page 333 of 456 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383433 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    10 Creepiest Characters In The MCU
    https://whatculture.com/film/10-cree...he-mcu?page=10

1. Scarlet Witch
    Wanda Maximoff may be an Avenger now, but when she first appeared in the post-credit scene for Captain America The Winter Soldier, she was much scarier and much more villainous.

Wanda's whole look and personality in Age Of Ultron was creepy. She often pulled off weird witch-like moves throughout the Hyrda castle and showed that her powers could be used to put even Captain America off balance.

Wanda's real creep factor came in during the Avengers' battle in South Africa when she used her powers to affect the minds of every single Avenger besides Stark and Hawkeye.

The nightmares Wanda gave the Avengers shook each of them for much of the movie, and only at the very end did Wanda and her brother eventually sway over to the side of good.

Yet even as an Avenger, Wanda was still super creepy, with her erratic movements and iconic Sokovian head tilt. Wanda's creep factor reached an all-time peak in Disney Plus' first Marvel spin-off show WandaVision.

In WandaVision we see Wanda take an entire town hostage and force them to play out her American sitcom-based fantasies. Wanda even kept most of the children in the town of Westview trapped in comas which most likely meant they were trapped living with Wanda's nightmares.

In the multiverse-centered series What If...? fans witnessed a zombie version of the Scarlett Witch, which may have been the ultimate creepy being in the MCU. Whether a zombie or a normal human girl, Wanda is easily the creepiest MCU character of all time.
    I can see where they're coming from.

https://twitter.com/wandaslizzie/sta...77534186516480

Have someone going after you to kill you like this and try to not be creeped out .

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yeaaaa, This Article is struggle, it is so poorly put together it is a pain on my mind to read. :P

Honestly I am certain now that most of these, even some of the Big Comic So Called news and article Sites just Wikipedia and Reddit research their topics and just write them from their.

I have doubts they even watched the said matterial in question, so they are emulating the MoM creative staff I guess in writing about characters.
    I'm kinda keeping track of Madame Web articles whenever some news comes out, and it's practically a cliché for 'em to say that Cassandra is bound to this one place and can't leave, when that was only the case in her first four appearances and never again lol.

It is even worse in articles like those though, at least the articles covering news are just saying "X development in the movie", and then they add extra details for non comic nerds to have an idea of what's up with the characters, but if a list is being made, then man, it really should have more research.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    “She doesn’t want to torture them. She’s not a villain. She’s suffering. She wants her children like [Waldron] wrote… [She’s] just someone who loves too deeply and will do anything to be with the one she loves.”

— Sam Raimi on the ScarletWitch in MultiverseOfMadness

https://twitter.com/scarletwnews/sta...Vk5iMhSMNFqLqQ

Well he difinitely filmed it in a way that clearly makes her a villain that someone could not empathize with as hard i would want to.
    I didn't see any tears when she was making spaghetti out of Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Also do you know why Magneto survives this fucking long narrative wise? Because the story shills him fucking hard, hardly anyone mentions his borderline omnicide behavior in Apocalypse movie because unlike Wanda the creators made sure his atrocities don't haunt the audience mind for too long.
    The Magneto argument is always going to be freaking stupid because people for some reason are naive enough to believe Wanda of all characters can afford his narrative without all his narrative favors, and I will say it's delusional to think she can magically get that kind of treatment.
    Yeah, for all the reality warping Wanda sometimes has, she's still not strong enough to get plot armor .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

[QUOTE=Lukmendes;6101660]I can see where they're coming from.

https://twitter.com/wandaslizzie/sta...77534186516480

Have someone going after you to kill you like this and try to not be creeped out .

Thank Gawd for the Bloopers:-) Lizzie is so damn cute.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 06-29-2022 at 06:08 PM.

Ask Me Anything: Elizabeth Olsen answers fan questions backstage at 'GMA'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwTTM-gTGLM

What I don't understand is how Wanda and Agatha can get "corrupted" by the Darkhold so easily, but Strange seems to have sort of mastered its effects? I mean the "other other Stranges" were corrupted in other "universes", but "our" Strange didn't seem to have been turned evil after doing that whole "dreamwalking" thing. He just got a brief headache from that Third Eye. Does the Darkhold in the comics affect characters differently if they're male or female? I'm very confused.

I'm not sure but Wanda been reading the darkhold for at least a year or more from what i read somewhere, Agatha for who knows how long, and yeah Agatha was presented as evil when she killed her coven (she was defending herself tbf) so her change wasn't that drastic unlike Wanda who became a psychopath after just one project.

I'm not sure but Wanda been reading the darkhold for at least a year or more from what i read somewhere, Agatha for who knows how long, and yeah Agatha was presented as evil when she killed her coven (she was defending herself tbf) so her change wasn't that drastic unlike Wanda who became a psychopath after just one project.
    It probably does have to do with time exposed to it or reading certain things from it. Or that's at least a No Prize suggestion for it, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I've been trying to gauge just how much blowback MCU creatives are getting regarding the treatment of Scarlet Witch in "Multiverse of Madness" since my exposure to feedback has been filtered through the lens of disappointed (mostly) print-based fans. How much damage has been done to the character because of her villainess turn in "MoM" (pun not intended...and just noticed, actually) and how much is hyperbolic fan-reaction.

From Wanda's portrayer Elisabeth Olsen: "I will never think of her as a baddie."
    https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/c...addie-85861172
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    What I don't understand is how Wanda and Agatha can get "corrupted" by the Darkhold so easily, but Strange seems to have sort of mastered its effects? I mean the "other other Stranges" were corrupted in other "universes", but "our" Strange didn't seem to have been turned evil after doing that whole "dreamwalking" thing. He just got a brief headache from that Third Eye. Does the Darkhold in the comics affect characters differently if they're male or female? I'm very confused.
    Obviously since the other Strange’s got corrupted and since Wong is concerned about our Strange, who still has the third vete there is no gender bias in corruption from the Darkhold. In fact, we will have to see what future effects the Darkhold May have on Strange since he only used it toward the end of the movie. Not everything is about sexism.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Obviously since the other Strange’s got corrupted and since Wong is concerned about our Strange, who still has the third vete there is no gender bias in corruption from the Darkhold. In fact, we will have to see what future effects the Darkhold May have on Strange since he only used it toward the end of the movie. Not everything is about sexism.
    I doubt it'll have major repercussions. Even in the post-credit scene he seemed fine except for the eye. The excuse is that the Darkhold is gone, but really it's just that one project always ignores the last one, e.g. this movie ignored the tag scene of WandaVision with the kids calling for help. I'll be surprised if we even get the third eye next time.

The sexism is more that they would never turn "our" Strange into a psycho killer. They did it to Wanda, like in the comics, because they don't realize that "powerful woman goes crazy because wanting babies makes her irrational" is a sexist trope.

It's all about narrative protection. Our Strange is surrounded by horrible examples of what he might have become; our Wanda turns crazy and evil and doesn't even get the dignity of showing the change onscreen.

“I should come back. But I really don’t know. I want like, fans to be so aggressive, like terrify them (Marvel) into doing it or something. I mean… that’s not a good way to do anything actually.”

Lizzie Olsen on returning as the ScarletWitch yesterday on Fallon's show

https://twitter.com/FallonTonight/st...3Z2qs8hXZSA4xg

Yeah, that's what I thought. I guess the time you're exposed it makes a difference. Still the change was pretty dramatic for Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It probably does have to do with time exposed to it or reading certain things from it. Or that's at least a No Prize suggestion for it, lol.
    There's also the whole "You are the Scarlet Witch...there's an entire chapter dedicated to you in the Darkhold" prophecy/destiny to fulfill.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I've been trying to gauge just how much blowback MCU creatives are getting regarding the treatment of Scarlet Witch in "Multiverse of Madness" since my exposure to feedback has been filtered through the lens of disappointed (mostly) print-based fans. How much damage has been done to the character because of her villainess turn in "MoM" (pun not intended...and just noticed, actually) and how much is hyperbolic fan-reaction.

From Wanda's portrayer Elisabeth Olsen: "I will never think of her as a baddie."
    https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/c...addie-85861172
    I think it's mixed on her Strange appearance. Some love it, some don't. Some are somewhere in the middle.

I don't think they are gonna get much blowback on that alone. Most of it seems to be that people like things about Strange 2, but the script was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don't think it's sexist. I just think that "our" Strange will be treated differently than the Stranges from the other universes. And I'm pretty sure he will not go on a murder/torture spree because he read a few pages from an "evil book." Wanda and Agatha were not so lucky. Besides, I know it's not a huge deal in the big scheme of things but how did Strange know how to perform a necromancy spell so quickly with the Darkhold? Didn't Agatha say necromancy spells were out of the question (in regards to Pietro) because his body was full of holes and on another continent? But Zombie Strange was in another dimension and his body was full of holes! But the necromancy spell worked fine in Strange 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    There's also the whole "You are the Scarlet Witch...there's an entire chapter dedicated to you in the Darkhold" prophecy/destiny to fulfill.
    Yeah I hate that part. Her hero name being used as some dark prophecy is just weird to me. It's created this confusion among some that Wanda and the Scarlet Witch are not the same person.