Page 356 of 456 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Well, SDCC is close, hopefully we get some good news soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, SDCC is close, hopefully we get some good news soon.
    I'm hoping for something, anything. But keeping expectations low given the past.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

If their is Any Early Good News at All, Fan Desire and Social Media is at a Feverish Pace in Wanting a New Scarlet Witch Project!

It is Good to have the Majority of the public on a characters side and being pro-active in desire such, it sends a message to the Corporate what fans want and where they can be the most profitable.

Marvel Fans Are Hoping For a Scarlet Witch Solo Movie Announcement at Comic-Con!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/new...n-kevin-feige/
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

MCU theorist suggests the grim reason Scarlet Witch couldn’t find a universe with her kids, but no Wanda
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...nda/ar-AAZGCi5

Scarlet Witch's New Doctor Strange 2 Costume Explained By MCU Designer
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/sc...ner/ar-AAZHDu5

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

> MCU theorist

Nah, I'm good.
    "Cable was right!"

The Scarlet Witch Twitter emoji is now a physical collectors item https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1549091633018183680

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Ms. Marvel is the first character in MCU officially declared a mutant. She was an enhanced individual, just like Wanda and Pietro. I suspect those two will officially be made mutants next.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I doubt it, though I can never be sure of anything.

Kamala is a new character and they replaced “Inhuman” with “mutant,” which is what it would have been anyway if she had been created in the comics today. Wanda has had all the backstory she needs and all the parents she needs, and was established as a “baby witch.”

You never know after MoM, but I don’t think Feige would bore the audience with another retcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Pretty sure he would and that’s why Wanda reunited with the mutants in the comics. Wanda and Pietro were enhanced individuals, like Kamala. And Kamala was revealed to be a mutant.

Wanda’s parents were no name humans who got killed. Easy enough to make them adopted. Marvel is very predictable if you see them making all of their decisions through business angles. Inhumans failed as a franchise so make the most popular Inhuman a mutant. Of course, this sells MCU mutants. Of course making Wanda officially a mutant sells the XMen big time.
    In the Wakanda Files book from 2020, it was stated that Wanda and Pietro had special genes that made them perfect test subjects for the mind stone experiments. Suggesting that HYDRA knew about the mutant gene and that it can be unlocked with the cosmic energy of the infinity stones. That has to be something they learned about back in WW2 when they had the space stone.

They can easily say that HYDRA made contact with a young Magneto and discovered this. Magneto could be the twins' grandfather instead of their father. I am around the same age as Olsen and my grandpa was a kid during WW2.

Last year, Liz Olsen also said "yes" to a question about Wanda being a mutant.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 07-18-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    They can easily say that HYDRA made contact with a young Magneto and discovered this. Magneto could be the twins' grandfather instead of their father. I am around the same age as Olsen and my grandpa was a kid during WW2.
    Or they can just accept that being related to Magneto is not an important enough part of their comics history that they need to retcon their history to make it possible.

Their MCU origin as it is is fine and doesn't need elaborating on, and Wanda got popular in the MCU without any mention of Magneto, because her romance with Vision is the more important part of who she is.

Mind you after they insisted on doing "Avengers Disassembled" even when it made no sense, I've no confidence that the MCU will avoid doing bad stories "because it was like that in the comics," but MCU Wanda needs to move forward instead of being tied to another character she's never met.

Her being a mutant is a more important part of her comics history than being the daughter of Magneto, and I wouldn't really quibble if they said her magic talent was the result of the mutant gene or whatever, but if/when she comes back I want to see her do something new, not retcon her origin again.

Edit: Sorry if the tone of this post was mean. I don't think anyone should not want to see MCU Wanda tied to Magneto, if that's what they want to see. I would just really hate it because it would take away a big chunk of whatever time she has left in the MCU, when she needs to become her own person again and stop screwing up. But then I also thought she was wasted in the "Wolverine & the X-Men" cartoon so I'm totally biased.
    Last edited by gurkle; 07-18-2022 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I hope to any further ongoing that Wanda is in it has something to do with Polaris as well, but Marvel NEEDS to get their behinds moving Already!
    Agreed, Judgement Day is nearly upon us and I don't think they had Wanda at the Gala and all those Eve of Judgement covers just to bench her again for another six months.

This has likely been mentioned on before. We all know that the original plan for Doctor Strange 2 was to give Wanda a corruption are. Apparently Michael Waldron said in another interview that Wanda would have later been a villain for an Avenger movie. So Avengers 5 would have been Wanda centric.

What do you guy think of the original idea?

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Agreed, Judgement Day is nearly upon us and I don't think they had Wanda at the Gala and all those Eve of Judgement covers just to bench her again for another six months.

I could see Wanda and Polaris showing up, unfortunately can’t say the same about Quicksilver.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

This has likely been mentioned on before. We all know that the original plan for Doctor Strange 2 was to give Wanda a corruption are. Apparently Michael Waldron said in another interview that Wanda would have later been a villain for an Avenger movie. So Avengers 5 would have been Wanda centric.

I think Waldron needs to stay away from Wanda. Bendis did enough damage.

Well that is normally how they do things with her. Have her in something. Bench her for six months, before we see her again. And in the meantime she's queen of variant covers.

Extraordinary Member

Mixed feelings. It would have been a much better story because we would have gotten to see Wanda team up with Strange and gradually get corrupted instead of just going evil offscreen for no reason. And her rampage in Strange 2 is extra pointless because there isn't a single character in the movie she's even met onscreen before. At least Avengers Disassembled has her attacking her friends, so it means something.

But... that would have done way more damage to Wanda's character. At least this way her villainous turn was so pointless that nobody takes it seriously. I shudder to think if they'd had her kill Clint or Scott because "it happened in the comics." So maybe it's better that it happened this way even if it's a worse story.

I believe Waldron when he says Feige always intended to have Wanda go crazy, so we can sort of thank Waldron and Sam Raimi for executing the idea so badly that even people who thought Avengers Disassembled was cool were unsatisfied.

It would have been better, though, if they'd just not had her go crazy. They don't have to do her worst stories, Feige and some of the guys he works with just don't understand that 2000s comics are not the definitive story for every character.

Fantastic Member

I think they did.