Page 367 of 456 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 6836
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I know they are into tokenism. But I'm saying that female led movies do sell. They just don't push enough of them with good writers. Btw, Marvel's least earning characters are Hulk, Thor and Ant-man. All dudes. So anyone could cherry-pick that to say they don't sell well either.
    I mean hey I would love for more female superhero’s to get there own blockbuster movies. I’d love for Wanda to get hers. I don’t know if it will happen but we can hope.

I can see She Hulk getting her own movie one day. Captain Marvel 2 aka the Marvels are coming out. Maybe in Phase 6 or 7 one of the XMen will have her own movie.

BANNED

Marvel waited until they had already made the MCU before they did Captain Marvel. They did Black Widow next. So they cautiously process with female led movies, and only seem to do them when they are sure of a big hit. Maybe Wanda could get her own movie IF she as a big upcoming role with the next two Avengers movies. Nothing XMen has been announced yet…

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, they really, really have problems writing women, especially in movies. With the infamous "girl power" shot in Avengers: Endgame people were already making fun of how they used this silly moment to try and distract from how they treated Natasha, and it's only gotten worse in Phase 4, where women are constantly getting sidelined, dying, or getting sidelined and dying. Wanda got to be a horrible example of what a male hero could become (but didn't, because they'd never do that to him), but they tried to make it all OK because she was such a powerful girlboss or whatever.

People used to blame the lack of female-led movies on Perlmutter, but it's pretty obvious by now that it goes way beyond him.
    There is alot of virtue signalling, but not alot of actual change. They have offed a bunch of women characters while the men are firmly still at the top of the pile, the clear leads of the MCU.

The supposed "M She U" does not exist, it only exists in the minds of "Chuds" and insecure YouTube right-wingers. There have been multiple male led movies, over 20, in fact, and in none of them, do they go crazy and turn people into spaghetti.

Captain America, Iron Man, Ant-Man, have all had titled trilogies, Thor has 4 movies, and a 5th due in the future. Doctor Strange has two, with a third innevitable. Their names are above the titles. Spiderman is heading for his ninth titled solo.

Meanwhile Captain Marvel won't be getting a second titled movie, she's demoted to an ensemble, something that hasn't happened to any of her male contemporaries. Black Widow got a solo movie after being killed off, effectively sabotaging her movie from the start. If we get a Scarlet Witch movie, it will, like Black Widow, be at a profound disadvantage, deprived of the ramp-up that the male led movies get.

We won't see a completed actual titled female led cape movie trilogy until we'll into the 2030s at the earliest, if at all, meanwhile we are guaranteed to have had dozens of male led trilogies.

Reminds me of Storm becoming "Regis of Sol", there was a whole lot of "Yass Queen Slay!" and "Girlboss!" fireworks and then nothing, as Storm was then shoved back into the background. Because it was all shallow virtue signalling, done purely for show. The "A Force" scene embodied this kind of tokenism; quick girlboss moment, then off you go back into the background.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    There is alot of virtue signalling, but not alot of actual change. They have offed a bunch of women characters while the men are firmly still at the top of the pile, the clear leads of the MCU.

The supposed "M She U" does not exist, it only exists in the minds of "Chuds" and insecure YouTube right-wingers. There have been multiple male led movies, over 20, in fact, and in none of them, do they go crazy and turn people into spaghetti.

Captain America, Iron Man, Ant-Man, have all had titled trilogies, Thor has 4 movies, and a 5th due in the future. Doctor Strange has two, with a third innevitable. Their names are above the titles. Spiderman is heading for his ninth titled solo.

Meanwhile Captain Marvel won't be getting a second titled movie, she's demoted to an ensemble, something that hasn't happened to any of her male contemporaries. Black Widow got a solo movie after being killed off, effectively sabotaging her movie from the start. If we get a Scarlet Witch movie, it will, like Black Widow, be at a profound disadvantage, deprived of the ramp-up that the male led movies get.

We won't see a completed actual titled female led cape movie trilogy until we'll into the 2030s at the earliest, if at all, meanwhile we are guaranteed to have had dozens of male led trilogies.

Reminds me of Storm becoming "Regis of Sol", there was a whole lot of "Yass Queen Slay!" and "Girlboss!" fireworks and then nothing, as Storm was then shoved back into the background. Because it was all shallow virtue signalling, done purely for show. The "A Force" scene embodied this kind of tokenism; quick girlboss moment, then off you go back into the background.
    They have a number of male characters that are more popular and who consistently sell more comics, and tvjs was long before the MCU.

It’s probably not going to change.

Basically, this is a for profit corporation, not an activist organization. They are going to go where they money is, and it’s not in social Justice causes.

Iron Man/Robert Downey Junior is actor who made the MCU really. After Iron Man, Thor and Cap got their own movies. Then you had the Avengers movie. So from the beginning thjs very profitable franchise was launched off its male characters.

And yes, the Marvels is an ensemble cast because Monica and Kamala certainly cannot have a blockbuster movie. They are not popular enough, so they get to join Carol.

Wanda appeared in Dr. Strange because she is not popular enough to have her own summer Blockbuster. So she was put in Dr. Strange.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Basically, this is a for profit corporation, not an activist organization. They are going to go where they money is, and it’s not in social Justice causes..
    Are we doing this again? We all know this is a for-profit corporation that does what it thinks will make money. The problem is:

a) We don't care how much money something makes unless we're Disney shareholders. We just care if it's good;
    b) Sometimes the corporation's ideas of what will make money are not very smart, as we've seen many, many times.

So yeah, it's obvious that Disney thinks female-led superhero movies are a big risk, but they're not necessarily right, and even if they were it doesn't make the treatment of female characters better.

Disney never expected Wanda to get as popular as she did, and by the time she did, they were already committed to making her a cartoon villain to service a man's story. They're not that smart.

Wanda appeared in Dr. Strange because she is not popular enough to have her own summer Blockbuster.
    There might be another reality where this is true, but it's not this one.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Except the actual "social justice" people (I'm not gonna say SJW cause you know...) are against MCU for being a whitewashed adaptation and Elizabeth Olsen for playing her/saying the g-word.

Yeah that's not MCU Wanda's public at all, as i see it on social media, Wanda currently is very popular, especially with gay men (sounds funny i know) but also the public she gained from WandaVision.

I just want the character i like to have a good ending or something else after the awful movie that was MoM, i hope her staying popular with the fans makes it happen, Lizzie even said in the Jimmy Fallon show recently that she wants the fans to be aggressive, jokingly to keep asking Marvel for a Scarlet Witch project if that's what they want to see next.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 07-25-2022 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Except the actual "social justice" people (I'm not gonna say SJW cause you know...) are against MCU for being a whitewashed adaptation and Elizabeth Olsen for playing her/saying the g-word.
    Well there are also others like me that would have loved Wanda being actually Romani in the movies, but also don't seriously expect it because again, Hollywood has issues. And that maybe her popularity from it would help her in comics. Which helps boost a Romani character. But Marvel seems allergic to boosting her, Pietro or Vision in comics like they've done for so many other characters that appeared in the MCU.

Her popularity is blinding though. Anyone who attended any of the SDCC streams can clearly see that. Anyone who paid attention to merchandise sales. Her show is still the second most popular D+ show. And it's a year and half old already. Anywhere on social media she is talked about a lot. And trends all the time on Twitter. She's talked about as much as Spidey and Daredevil. Reprints of her comics also kept selling out.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 07-25-2022 at 08:39 PM.

BANNED

There might be another reality where this is true, but it's not this one.
    If Marvel thought she was big enough to have her own movie she’d have one already. By the metrics they use, age isn’t and so she doesn’t yet.

BANNED

I would love to be proven wrong and for the Scarlet Witch to have her own movie. I would love to go see it. I don’t see any development there yet.

If Marvel thought she was big enough to have her own movie she’d have one already. By the metrics they use, age isn’t and so she doesn’t yet.
    Marvel isn't perfect with their determination of that. Their chief of sales seems to think women don't sell. So there's still that old guard in Marvel that are stuck 60 years in the past.

BANNED

So let’s assume Marvel decides to do a Scarlet Witch movie. Who do we want as the main antagonist? Chthon? Mephisto? Morgan Le Fay? Mordo? Enchantress? Modred? Lilith?

I would love to be proven wrong and for the Scarlet Witch to have her own movie. I would love to go see it. I don’t see any development there yet.
    I don't think she'll get one honestly, but it isn't because she's not popular and it isn't because women don't sell. It's because there's still some of Marvel still stuck in the past.

BANNED

I don't think she'll get one honestly, but it isn't because she's not popular and it isn't because women don't sell. It's because there's still some of Marvel still stuck in the past.
    That is definitely also a serious issue. That’s changeable though? 8 years ago no one would do Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, or Black Widow. 8 years ago there would not have been WandaVision. Just because Hollywood and the public have issues doesn’t mean they can’t be fixed.