Page 391 of 456 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 6836

Elizabeth Olsen is in talks to join The House of the Dragon Season Two. She previously auditioned for Danearys and said she was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen is in talks to join The House of the Dragon Season Two. She previously auditioned for Danearys and said she was terrible.
    Irony. Sheer irony .

The root of Wanda’s narrative misfortunes will always lay with the editors, they pick the writers and they green light stories, when they want a character to be included in a published title line-up they have no qualms about interfering with a creator work, marvel has pursued the mcu success for years even going as far as changing the 616 comic universe set up in order to better accomodate some cinematic aspects, wanda and vision so far are the only 2 characters that despite the enormous growth in visibility and popularity haven’t enjoyed any push by marvel editorial, you can really tell there is someone in there that doesn’t particularly love them and is unwilling to admit they really screw up.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

well that would have been over 10 years ago at this point and she's grow immensely as an actress

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I get the worry you are all feeling, but I seriously think Wanda is being underestimate by the shear Impact she is having, this is nothing like years before.

Just Want to share a heartwarming video I just found to help us get perspective in more ways that can be said, please take love & perspective from this indeed;

This is wonderful! That girl was so excited to meet her idol. And the Encanto stuff is pretty great too. I'm glad that's already at the park.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

oooh, if they do a SW film or one featuring her that could be a schedule conflict..........I wany Lizzie to get the work but want a SW film also.....

Extraordinary Member

I'm not interested in Game of Thrones much so I'd prefer to see Wanda again in something ASAP... but just from a career standpoint, unless they offer her her own movie (which given their lack of female-led movies is unlikely) she'd be crazy to do an MCU project right away instead of doing something else. She hasn't made a non-MCU movie in years and all the MCU movies she's been in have either given her too little screen time or butchered her character.

But that's one reason I'd be surprised to see them announce a Scarlet Witch project any time soon. Pleasantly surprised, but she really should be doing other things for now unless it's as good an opportunity as WandaVision.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm not interested in Game of Thrones much so I'd prefer to see Wanda again in something ASAP... but just from a career standpoint, unless they offer her her own movie (which given their lack of female-led movies is unlikely) she'd be crazy to do an MCU project right away instead of doing something else. She hasn't made a non-MCU movie in years and all the MCU movies she's been in have either given her too little screen time or butchered her character.

But that's one reason I'd be surprised to see them announce a Scarlet Witch project any time soon. Pleasantly surprised, but she really should be doing other things for now unless it's as good an opportunity as WandaVision.
    I think Wind River and Ingrid Goes West were her last non-MCU movies, way back in 2017.

Whether a Scarlet Witch solo movie is even possible in Bob Chapek's Disney is a big question.
    Last edited by Relugus; 09-03-2022 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Tweak

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I think Wind River and Ingrid Goes West were her last non-MCU movies, way back in 2017.
    She spent most of her non-MCU time after that doing "Sorry For Your Loss," which nobody saw because it was on Facebook's streaming service, and now "Love & Death," which is on HBO Max just as it's falling apart (though it will get shown).

I get the impression her career choices -- and maybe just her luck -- aren't as great as her talent. I hope she can become the star she deserves to be.

Whether a Scarlet Witch solo movie is even possible in Bob Chapek's Disney is a big question.
    I think it's pretty obvious that Perlmutter was wrongly blamed for being the obstacle to female-led superhero movies. The idea that a woman can't carry a movie on her own is still going strong and I doubt it'll change much, though it will be disguised because they'll be shifting more and more resources to team films while leaving solo projects for Disney+. But Thor, Doctor Strange, Captain America are still more likely to get solo films than the women.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think it's pretty obvious that Perlmutter was wrongly blamed for being the obstacle to female-led superhero movies. The idea that a woman can't carry a movie on her own is still going strong and I doubt it'll change much, though it will be disguised because they'll be shifting more and more resources to team films while leaving solo projects for Disney+. But Thor, Doctor Strange, Captain America are still more likely to get solo films than the women.
    I wouldn't say he was wrongly blamed, 'cause every insider report we got about the situation seems to agree he was the reason why Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Black Widow happened as late as they did. Things are not perfect, but they were definitely worse under Perlmutter, and I don't doubt he was the reason why, 'cause you can clearly tell that there's been a shift to add more diversity to the MCU after Feige got more power and control as opposed to what we had before.

But yes, you're right that there is a weird trend of female characters not being able to headline a solo movie franchise the same way male characters have been able to. Wasp has to share the title with Ant-Man, Black Widow's probably never getting a trilogy for obvious reasons, Jane Foster's solo story from the comics was turned into a supporting role in the MCU, and Captain Marvel, who was the character with the most potential to have a solo trilogy, got her franchise turned into a team movie for the sequel. Part of me really wanted Wanda to get a show 'cause something like WandaVision again would be nice, but part of me really wants her to have her own movie trilogy just to break that curse for female characters. lol
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-04-2022 at 04:36 AM.

Yeah Ike was directly in the way of those things. It just has only gotten somewhat better without him. It wouldn't even have gotten the progress it has with him. It's crazy to even imagine. A lot of the top brass of companies are pretty similar in their views unfortunately. It's just Ike was worse.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I don't expect anything from the D23 for her, maybe next year when the agatha show starts filming, we're going to hear some rumors with wanda having a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wouldn't say he was wrongly blamed, 'cause every insider report we got about the situation seems to agree he was the reason why Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Black Widow happened as late as they did. Things are not perfect, but they were definitely worse under Perlmutter, and I don't doubt he was the reason why, 'cause you can clearly tell that there's been a shift to add more diversity to the MCU after Feige got more power and control as opposed to what we had before.

But yes, you're right that there is a weird trend of female characters not being able to headline a solo movie franchise the same way male characters have been able to. Wasp has to share the title with Ant-Man, Black Widow's probably never getting a trilogy for obvious reasons, Jane Foster's solo story from the comics was turned into a supporting role in the MCU, and Captain Marvel, who was the character with the most potential to have a solo trilogy, got her franchise turned into a team movie for the sequel. Part of me really wanted Wanda to get a show 'cause something like WandaVision again would be nice, but part of me really wants her to have her own movie trilogy just to break that curse for female characters. lol
    Not to mention how many solo female-led Superhero movies are period pieces or set in the past somehow.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I don't expect anything from the D23 for her, maybe next year when the agatha show starts filming, we're going to hear some rumors with wanda having a cameo.
    Honestly, I have been analyzing allot the last few weeks & I have to say I see things growing is possibilities in going in the other direction.
    The net, chatter, rumors and talk for sometime now & yea while their always is a likelihood nothing might happen at D23Expo 2022 for our Wanda, there is a more stronger growing likelihood that something has been stirring at Disney (Not Marvel Studios) since the release of MoM & it is driven by her rise in popularity & the backlash to MoM that has stirred things the other ways.

Just by what I have heard myself, I rather not go into all details cause I be here forever, but by Online Chatter over Wanda being one of the Hottest #’s on Twitter right now, to rumors of Disney’s reactions to MoM inside the offices, to Wanda’s Popularity being hard to ignore now to finally those teases of Wanda’s headdress and others on Disney Plus, things are seeming to form for our Wanda that the past hangcuffs on her cannot explain away or hold her back.

We don’t live in the same world of Wanda like we did when MoM came out either.

Combine that, Rumors of popularity surge & backlash & then add onto it all the growing campaign online Twitter by Wanda fans their to make their voices heard that we want more Wanda Content, epically a Solo movie, you have Fans really energies to get Wanda moving!

All I am saying is there is just as much likelihood if not more then better we might get something major out of D23 then our Decade Old Worries about Treatment of Wanda can explain why she would not. We are living in a different world every few months with changing powers of where the MCU might be going. All I am saying is keep listening more and look forward to D23, Wanda is the hot talk of the net right now.

If you Want to be part of the Twitter campaign for Wanda online, please join us too!

https://twitter.com/CjstrikerC/statu...53515757117441
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!