Page 286 of 456 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky99 View Post
    That's a unique take...she absolutely humiliated and punked out Strange and Wong bad..attacked all the sorcerers at once and he was forced to run to different dimensions....it was basically like Onslaught against all the earth heroes.
    It’s not a unique take at all. An invincible villain the hero just runs away from is boring. Seeing Strange fight Thanos was much more interesting.

It was the creators’ decision to make Wanda a Villain Sue who can’t be fought, and it’s dull.

A mod for Elden Ring that ads her as a boss and as a playable character

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    No problem!
    Yeah, I feel pretty embarrassed for not picking up on your joke. Usually I'm better at that kind of thing. I just think it's wild that Loki, Strange and Wanda (the main magic users of the MCU) are so knee-deep in multiversal/time travel storylines. I mean Loki's series hardly talked about magic at all! Just tells me that Disney favors science fiction over fantasy in their Marvel content. People seem to really like these stories, but I think their execution has been awful all the way back to Endgame and up to Loki. It's amazing that Hollywood has caught the "multiverse bug" right now. I remember when that kind of storytelling could ONLY be found in places like the Twilight Zone, Star Trek and DC and Marvel Comics.

The Twilight Zone did it in 1963:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Parallel

The original Star Trek did it in 1967:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror...iginal_Series)

And they Star Trek: The Next Generation did it AGAIN in 1993:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parall...xt_Generation)

Hate to say it, but the Twilight Zone and Star Trek handled this concept FAR better in my opinion. I think it would help the MCU immensely if they got dudes like Neil deGrasse Tyson to help explain these FASCINATING yet complicated concepts in their movies and shows:

I read this comment online and I agree completely with it:

"It feels like Marvel Studios is getting desperate (to me) with these surprise cameos (using multiverses), Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Spider-Man No Way Home. These were pure cash grabs and it shows they might struggle to make a billion nowadays without these surprise cameos. They're making money because they're shoving cameos down our throats. I understand the cynical reason why they're doing this though. Shang-Chi, Black Widow and the Eternals did NOT perform as well and they didn't have any cameos in them."

Phase Four has been all about cameos and shoehorning too many characters into their movies and shows. The MCU did it in WandaVision and Hawkeye as well. I fully expect that She-Hulk, Secret Invasion and Echo are also gonna feature cameos of characters I never heard of and the "nerd community" is gonna eat that shit up. I think it's gimmicky and pathetic. Marvel Studios is SO much better than that.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-27-2022 at 09:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

Too bad they have to use the movie for reference, otherwise pretty cool.
    It's limited to recoloring, asset mashing, etc. If only Bandai is not so goddamn anti-modding lol.

And I hear a lot of talk about "incursions" on this thread in regards to the Scarlet Witch of all characters. That's crazy to me. I would accept that with Banner, Stark and Lang no problem. But Wanda? Nah.

And Disney/Marvel shouldn't be patting themselves TOO much on the back for introducing "incursions" to the general moviegoing audience. Star Trek introduced the idea of incursions almost THIRTY YEARS ago in Parallels and I hate to say it, they did it better than Marvel did (because wonderful producers like Jeri Taylor tried VERY hard to make Parallels as least confusing as possible):

"Captain, we're receiving 285,000 hails." LOL! I do think the Worf/Troi romance was lame though.

Phase Four has been really divisive. I liked NWH and Shang-Chi. WandaVision was fine and made somewhat of a cultural impact outside of the superhero genre. But most of Phase Four's content has been soulless and even self-indulgent to me. I love Hiddleston and Loki as a character. But if Loki 2 goes back to talking about how the new TVA works and engages in repetitive conversations about "What is a Loki?", then I doubt I'll finish that series. Hawkeye spent way less time on Clint than it should. People pretty much have forgotten about Barton's journey in that series and more focused on how Disney "ruined" Kingpin in it. Such a shitty move on Disney's/Marvel's part.

I've ALWAYS said that the movies/shows in the MCU should diverge from the "source material". And I took a lot of heat for that position on this very thread. But I have my reasons. Many of the stories in the comic books are convoluted, esoteric and downright offensive. Feige and company have done a GREAT job of making positive changes and improvements from the comics to their movies in the past decade. But I believe they're more interested in pandering to "geeks" and "nerds" now at the expense of general audiences and I think that approach is gonna REALLY damage their products in the coming years unless they don't change course FAST.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-27-2022 at 09:30 AM.

Default Love the Elden Ring mod

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

This looks cool. I wonder if she's playable right off bat for a newbie. I'd prob download if so. I had to go see the movie again with my dad LOL. He loved it. So that's good. He didn't feel Wanda was evil or irredeemable but that she was grief stricken and possessed by the Darkhold. So that's good audience reaction for someone who doesn't have any personal vested interest.

Also please other Wanda fans -not Galerion obviously- if someone says they like the film don't give all the reasons they are wrong or have blanketed overtones of wtf is wrong with you? It's not my fave depiction when it could have been done with a better script and more balanced anger and redemption for Wanda - but that's my opinion and ofc I love her 70's heyday. But many love her now and of course this totally eclipses her 70's popularity. This film has sent her popularity into the stratosphere and she may well be an antihero in the future. Let newer fans who come here state why they love her and don't drive them away. I've noticed a few not returning. Everyone has a right to love her in whatever incarnation and not get pushback for that. Hell, I still love her Deodato Crossing look.

The Hot Toys figure is really nice. I'm only gonna get one and preordered the WandaVision one. I like the MoM one but is the WandaVision one softer/prettier? Feel free to give input on that CJ you def come to mind there and anyone else who's seen them :-) omg all the merchandise out there. Lol gotta pick and choose - got the two cosbaby WandaVision figures. Adorable. The wal-mart exclusive MoM Scarlet funko is awesome. Just so much. Torn wether to splurge on the MoM 2 pack cosbaby of Strange/Scarlet Witch. I like the WV cosbaby's of her alone better tho the MoM is a cool one
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 05-27-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Also please other Wanda fans -not Galerion obviously- if someone says they like the film don't give all the reasons they are wrong or have blanketed overtones of wtf is wrong with you? It's not my fave depiction when it could have been done with a better script and more balanced anger and redemption for Wanda - but that's my opinion and ofc I love her 70's heyday. But many love her now and of course this totally eclipses her 70's popularity. This film has sent her popularity into the stratosphere and she may well be an antihero in the future. Let newer fans who come here state why they love her and don't drive them away. I've noticed a few not returning. Everyone has a right to love her in whatever incarnation and not get pushback for that. Hell, I still love her Deodato Crossing look.
    I don't remember anyone saying people are wrong for liking the film at all or telling them that something is wrong with them.

Her popularity went into the stratosphere with Endgame.

It seems like the ones that love everything are the only ones that are allowed to say anything without being chided for it. And if you don't like something that is somehow bullying. People have to realize this is a discussion forum. If you post something, people are gonna post their thoughts in response. That doesn't mean that something is intrinsically wrong with either opinion. If people want a bubble, there are journal sites out there.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

This looks cool. I wonder if she's playable right off bat for a newbie. I'd prob download if so. I had to go see the movie again with my dad LOL. He loved it. So that's good. He didn't feel Wanda was evil or irredeemable but that she was grief stricken and possessed by the Darkhold. So that's good audience reaction for someone who doesn't have any personal vested interest.

The Hot Toys figure is really nice. I'm only gonna get one and preordered the WandaVision one. I like the MoM one but is the WandaVision one softer/prettier? Feel free to give input on that CJ you def come to mind there and anyone else who's seen them :-) omg all the merchandise out there. Lol gotta pick and choose - got the two cosbaby WandaVision figures. Adorable. The wal-mart exclusive MoM Scarlet funko is awesome. Just so much. Torn wether to splurge on the MoM 2 pack cosbaby of Strange/Scarlet Witch. I like the WV cosbaby's of her alone better tho the MoM is a cool one
    I agree with insideguy when he said that the MoM was a HUGE success. That is absolutely indisputable and can't really be questioned. I mean, two C-list Marvel characters headlined a movie that made over $800 million dollars. As recently as five years ago, I would have NEVER believed a film starring Doctor Strange and the Scarlet Witch could easily trounce a Batman movie at the box office (and I don't think there's any doubt that Batman is an A-list comic book character). And to achieve this financial result while being shut out of China, Russia and various North African and Middle Eastern countries (and during a pandemic) is a remarkable accomplishment. So insideguy was absolutely right to say the MoM did well (its strong performance is even more noteworthy because it's an actual horror movie, and they usually don't do that great in theaters). I won't argue against that. I do think Strange 2 was helped by the five month delay between it and NWH. And its ties to NWH increased anticipation for the film as well. My issue is absolutely with the cameos. I feel Marvel Studios is relying on them too much during this phase. There's no doubt to me that the anticipation for cameos bolstered box office sales for Strange 2. I think a Strange and Wanda film that largely focused on them more would have made the critics of the movie a little bit less harsh on it (although I think it probably would have made less money unfortunately). I'm happy Wanda's more popular, but I think Disney should give Olsen a bit of a break. She's been doing Marvel related things for two years straight! And hopefully the "multiversal" component of Phase Four will be over by the time she comes back.

Spectacular Member

One thing to look out for in both the Wandavision and MoM figure is reduced mobility in the neck since she has molded hair. I have a mix of figures from different companies and my female characters with long molded hair suffer from that. My Supergirl's neck joint is functionally useless because of it. I have the Age of Ultron Wanda with rooted hair and the overall quality is nice, but I also paid less than half of what the new figures are being charged for.

A bit surprised by your response but yes I do remember people getting stomped for liking MoM/ Dark Wanda. I clearly remember a poster who liked the movie having to tell another poster that they were out of line for the angry response given. It is a discussion thread yes - when someone wants to discuss it that's fine as long as it's done with respect - the reason a few folks got warnings/bans was due to the hostile nature of the responses.

The tone towards me here has been condescending at times in the past but I've brushed it off. I remember quite clearly the tone towards me for liking ToM was that I needed to adjust my thinking or else I didn't belong here. The long timers who don't love her current incarnation should not be chided for saying they prefer her better pre MoM or whichever. Just all opinions need to be made without telling someone else why theirs isn't correct. I didn't single anyone out. I also remember someone stating he/she/they like her with mutant interaction. Some of the responses were brow raising.

Anyhow since you obviously haven't done that don't worry about it. It was something I'd noticed in a few responses in the past and as new Wanda fans are bound to come here, it would be nice if they felt welcome and stayed as I can think of a few antihero/edgy Wanda fans I haven't seen back. Anyhow it wasn't intended to upset you so let's just realize we see it differently. That's okay -we don't have to obviously:-)
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 05-27-2022 at 01:48 PM.

A bit surprised by your response but yes I do remember people getting stomped for liking MoM/ Dark Wanda. I clearly remember a poster who liked the movie having to tell another poster that they were out of line for the angry response given. It is a discussion thread yes - when someone wants to discuss it that's fine as long as it's done with respect - the reason a few folks got warnings/bans was due to the hostile nature of the responses.
    The tone towards me here has been condescending at times but I've brushed it off. I remember quite clearly the tone towards me for liking ToM was that I needed to adjust my thinking or else I didn't belong here. The long timers who don't love her current incarnation should not be chided for saying they prefer her better pre MoM or whichever. Just all opinions need to be made without telling someone else why theirs isn't correct. I didn't single anyone out. I also remember someone stating he/she/they like her with mutant interaction. Some of the responses were brow raising.

Anyhow since you obviously haven't done that don't worry about it. It was something I'd noticed in a few responses in the past and as new Wanda fans are bound to come here, it would be nice if they felt welcome and stayed as I can think of a few antihero/edgy Wanda fans I haven't seen back. Anyhow it wasn't intended to upset you so let's just realize we see it differently. That's okay.
    Well I don't think anyone is wrong for liking ITMoM. It had enjoyable parts to it and even if it didn't, people like far worse movies usually for entertainment of them being so bad anyway.

As for ToM, I was nervous about it at first (Marvel's fault, not any other Wanda fans' faults), but those fears were calmed. I'm overall happy with how Leah ended things. I'm not too happy about Marvel teasing us with Wanda returning both in ToM and in Darkhold and her not being solicited in anything clear through August.

I think the way Marvel has treated the character for a while now leads to a lot of bitterness here. But I hope people don't take bitterness to mean that anyone that isn't is wrong. There are a lot of new and young fans that haven't been beaten down by Marvel just yet, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ah that's nice to know. Thanks :-)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Honeslty I have not read every post on the subject nor have I seen MoM at all to give my opinions on it, for a factor their have been heated exchanges on the Movie's portrayal of Wanda indeed and most by my memory where in the early days of the reveals right before the movie came out. I can see that such a debate would happen between fans who liked it and did not and it be certain you have come across some already on CBR alone Cubbyboo, it does happen and postings at times do get heat to such a level and it gets unsetting to see, so it is sorrying to hear if you felt that way at any point Cubbyboo.

In my experiance and GenericUsername as always, She puts it all so well to start off, Thanks GenericUsername.

While their has been very hard dicussions on the Movie, its points, character of Wanda Etc, one thing that I have found more then not is that IF You liked the movie no matter mostly for many reasonsing, many fans including long time Wanda Fans have been Supportive of that, Me Included.

I still can't get my heart to go and expeirance MoM at this time, It is a weakness of mine for Wanda, I am fully admiting to that.

But what has been the good thing out of this movie is that many, not matter fully liking it or not, can point to good things that come out of it and it seem at times Wanda is still the good thing that does. Miss Olsen's acting carring the films, the effects at times, some lore etc.

It is really the ideal I have seen is that if you can come out of this movie, liking it, finding good in it, finding good in Wanda both by Narrative Structure to still use and love her, her having a future and most of all Still Loving her Character while hoping for more and better in the future, then that has been at least something of a decent mircale to come out of the movie for most Wanda Fans.

If you liked it that is good, it is something many hope to have that have not seen it or are striving to find in it. I am told despite what My Love and Heart for Wanda is, that I should go see it cause it has those elements of good acting and the saving of Wanda at the end to give me hopes of enjoying it. Plus the Campy Plots, over the top moments, etc as others.

In the end the main worry many Wanda fans was audiances coming out of the movie smearing and hatting Wanda to have her be no more, but it seem the opisite has happen and it just keeps raising her love and profile, not everyone but More then a majority it seems right now.

With that it is those fans that find the enjoyment and good out of MoM that help show some of the ways the movie works and why I just from my POV that most fans that enjoyed it still get ok support and hope they did.

I am IMO glad you did Cubbyboo!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 05-27-2022 at 02:06 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well I don't think anyone is wrong for liking ITMoM. It had enjoyable parts to it and even if it didn't, people like far worse movies usually for entertainment of them being so bad anyway.

As for ToM, I was nervous about it at first (Marvel's fault, not any other Wanda fans' faults), but those fears were calmed. I'm overall happy with how Leah ended things. I'm not too happy about Marvel teasing us with Wanda returning both in ToM and in Darkhold and her not being solicited in anything clear through August.

I think the way Marvel has treated the character for a while now leads to a lot of bitterness here. But I hope people don't take bitterness to mean that anyone that isn't is wrong. There are a lot of new and young fans that haven't been beaten down by Marvel just yet, lol.
    I'm totally with you on these things. MoM left me frustrated on many levels but loving Olsen's performance and look - despite the obstacles that I felt were her whiplash transformation to villain and lack of a solid redemptive secure ending. ToM had me very angsty but happier after 2nd issue - bored with 3rd lol - worried with 4th again - and happy after 5th.

I get the bitterness. TBH I kinda go back now and wish she'd never had multiple origins, ethnicities, etc. I think writers felt they had freedom to do w/e they wish with her as a result. Now that she's established as a witch genetically and her mother is established it will lay a more solid foundation for her- esp as she's so big now and maybe she will have a solid foundation to build on - without the past stories some of us obviously don't love - if they ever bring her back.
    Last edited by Cubbyboo; 05-27-2022 at 02:45 PM.