Page 26 of 456 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I still think having a singer with super powers would help his nightclub, not hurt it, but to be fair, this is early Wanda, so she might have an accident that brought down the whole club.

It comes from Avengers Vol #22 when the Avengers were framed by Power Man (Eric Josten) and the Enchantress and were forced to disband. Wanda, Pietro and Clint tried to get jobs but their name as Avengers was dirt so no-one wanted to hire them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I just find it odd that no leaker/insider would simply state that it's a variant, though. We're way past the point of ''let's keep it a surprise'' when so much about this movie keep getting leaked anyway, so... why not just tell fans that it's not the ''real Wanda'' and avoid any misunderstandings?
    Then where would they get their clickbait from.

I just find it odd that no leaker/insider would simply state that it's a variant, though. We're way past the point of ''let's keep it a surprise'' when so much about this movie keep getting leaked anyway, so... why not just tell fans that it's not the ''real Wanda'' and avoid any misunderstandings?
    Looks at this thread. Some random guy or gal types something up on a keyboard and there are like 2 pages of discussion about it on here. That is what they are after. They want to draw attention to themselves by making it look like they know something that apparently nobody else does. You can't do that by just stating things that most other people already assume will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It comes from Avengers Vol #22 when the Avengers were framed by Power Man (Eric Josten) and the Enchantress and were forced to disband. Wanda, Pietro and Clint tried to get jobs but their name as Avengers was dirt so no-one wanted to hire them.
    True. This manager probably would not hire Dazzler in his club 15 years later, either.

It is a shame we never got to see Wanda singing or being a Falconer, nor Pietro doing aerial acrobatics. It is as if writers forgot about these sides to the characters.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True. This manager probably would not hire Dazzler in his club 15 years later, either.

It is a shame we never got to see Wanda singing or being a Falconer, nor Pietro doing aerial acrobatics. It is as if writers forgot about these sides to the characters.
    Yeah, Wanda loved the theatre and dreamed of being an actress, while Pietro loved the circus and wanted to be an acrobat

Extraordinary Member

I don't know if it's official, but the summary of Multiverse of Madness that is now being used at most film sites (IMDb, Mubi.com, etc), replacing the old summary about Strange unleashing unspeakable evil, is:

"Dr. Stephen Strange casts a forbidden spell that opens the door to the multiverse, including an alternate version of himself, whose threat to humanity is too great for the combined forces of Strange, Wong, and Wanda Maximoff."

I know which version of the movie I want to believe in, but it's wild that there are two completely different movies being teased by all the promotional material (so far) and the leakers. The leakers' version stinks though.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, Wanda loved the theatre and dreamed of being an actress, while Pietro loved the circus and wanted to be an acrobat
    Missed opportunity to make her one in that Noir AU.(Instead she is the "crime boss's hot daughter".)
    This is one of the early trait of the character I want to see shown again, either in the Main Universe version or AU version.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-15-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Holland was denying Tobey and Andrew being in NWH all the way up to the week where the movie opened. Why clear up misunderstandings when you can generate free marketing for the movie by keeping people guessing?

I still think having a singer with super powers would help his nightclub, not hurt it, but to be fair, this is early Wanda, so she might have an accident that brought down the whole club.

Huh. This is interesting. I knew she could dance but I didn't know about her acting aspirations and that she could sing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Huh. This is interesting. I knew she could dance but I didn't know about her acting aspirations and that she could sing.
    Stan Lee wrote kind of old-fashioned female characters (which, according to my mom anyway, was quite appealing to a lot of female readers at the time) and so if a female character wanted a career it was usually not a doctor or a lawyer, but an actress or a nurse. So when he wrote Wanda she wanted to be an actress and sewed a new costume for Hank Pym just in case he decided to return to the team.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, if it were true, it wouldn't be Waldron's fault. He's just the writer. Even if something is his idea, it doesn't get in unless the producer and director like it.

Now, would Felge like and approve a story like Grace Randolph etc. seem to expect? I don't see how unless the leaks are misleading in some way, but we've been over that.

I think they've said that Feige and the series producer Mary Livanos gave her a lot of the comics material she'd need to know to write the show. It wasn't her job to do huge comics research or come up with the comics easter eggs, and as you've said, it didn't need to be.
    I still blame Bendis even though editorial is also at fault. He is the writer who comes up with hack idea, sure it sucks no one stops him but his brain comes up with those crap in the first place.

I don't know if it's official, but the summary of Multiverse of Madness that is now being used at most film sites (IMDb, Mubi.com, etc), replacing the old summary about Strange unleashing unspeakable evil, is:

"Dr. Stephen Strange casts a forbidden spell that opens the door to the multiverse, including an alternate version of himself, whose threat to humanity is too great for the combined forces of Strange, Wong, and Wanda Maximoff."

I know which version of the movie I want to believe in, but it's wild that there are two completely different movies being teased by all the promotional material (so far) and the leakers. The leakers' version stinks though.
    The leaker's version comes off like the worst Zach Snyder film.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I always though Life Force is just meant as a massive power source. A giant battery like Twilight Sword at the start of the Busiek run.
    Well, whatever it is, the intention seems to explain how Wanda became strong enough to do something she normally can't do lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magneto put that grave in Magda´s honor after being told she died during the snow storm by Bova but in reality he never found her. I think even her bio at marvel says she´s "presumed dead" because her death never was confirmed.

Her grave was seen for the first time on X-men Unlimited #2

And Avengers: Children´s Crusade keep it as canon
    Ah, thanks.

Miss America died on childbirth, Magda didn´t die so I think she had plenty of time to name her twins.
    Right, the retcon changed her time of death, 'cause originally Whizzer said she died a few days later, but her dying only moments after she gives birth doesn't give a lot of time... At best, you can say she mentioned the names while she was dying after giving birth, or maybe even before it, but Bova doesn't mention anything.

So yeah, maybe it was Magda, but again, Avengers#186 doesn't mention anything about who named 'em.

I actually would love to meet Magneto´s twins, like if marvel will keep this canon then they could as well go all out and actually explain what happened to Magda´s twins and now that Wanda fixed the ressurrection process we could see Anya back as well =)
    I just wonder if Marvel will bother with giving Magneto more children lol.

If they do, hopefully they have different powers, Lorna herself having the same powers as him was pushing it, 'cause it makes her stand out less.

And is Anya even a mutant for her to get resurrected?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I've never read it, so I can't say. But I'd think chaos magic could certainly be a art of it -- the idea is to explain stuff, not to overturn stuff.
    That gives me "Everything is canon" vibes DC tries to go for now lol.

But I guess Marvel's mess isn't as bad, so Life Force being part of Chaos magic could work, what I doubt it could work is Doom saying it's even stronger than Beyonder, but Life Force being said it's that strong was random too lol.

Well, of course. Writing it off to chaos magic is a way of saying, "Okay, don't worry about it; let's move on."
    Hey, worth pointing out, I parrot the disgrace that is Donna's backstory because it shows what happens when one focuses too much on a character's past lol.

Finally managed to read Darkhold Omega and I loved it. Yeah the Darkhold Defiled were largely pointless and it seems Orlando wants to do a Omega the Unknown book, but for Wanda it was great. With this and the ending of Trash of Magneto Wanda can finally move forward with her life and hopefully future writers will remember that.
    Maybe 20 years from now we'll have writers nostalgic of "Guilty Wanda" and bring her back to this era .

That panel is freaking bad, not really for the fight scene but the fact Dr.Strange was ranting about Wanda's fake babies and Chaos Magic.
    It was literally Bendis possessing Stephen and used him as a mouthpiece.
    Hah, that's a nice way to put it.

I still blame Bendis even though editorial is also at fault. He is the writer who comes up with hack idea, sure it sucks no one stops him but his brain comes up with those crap in the first place.
    Being a high profile writer gives perks like this, and while Wanda has some popularity, she's not big enough to have stuff corrected right away too... Basically the worst possible combination, 'cause if she were more popular she could get stuff fixed faster, like Magneto after Morrison's run, or Wally after Heroes in Crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Ah, thanks.
    No problem

Right, the retcon changed her time of death, 'cause originally Whizzer said she died a few days later, but her dying only moments after she gives birth doesn't give a lot of time... At best, you can say she mentioned the names while she was dying after giving birth, or maybe even before it, but Bova doesn't mention anything.

So yeah, maybe it was Magda, but again, Avengers#186 doesn't mention anything about who named 'em.
    Yes Bova never said who named them but I think Magda had a lot more chances to name her twins given she left on her own so I think she stayed some time to feed her children and had to recover from giving birth before being able to leave Bova´s home.

I just wonder if Marvel will bother with giving Magneto more children lol.
    I think it would be hilarious , I can already see the memes about him having too many children but it would be a way for marvel to close up Magda´s chapter without making an ever bigger mess of a retcon.

If they do, hopefully they have different powers, Lorna herself having the same powers as him was pushing it, 'cause it makes her stand out less
    Agreed it would be nice to see what other powers they could have and I completely agree with Mr Busiek on the difference between heritage and being a mutant

I liked Lorna and Magneto dynamic on Genosha because there she was able to truly explore her powers and we don´t often see Magneto mentoring someone who has his same powers, so I think it worked well at the time, now I agree Lorna needs time to develop her own style while using her powers and so far her appareances on X-men have done her good.

And is Anya even a mutant for her to get resurrected?
    She died too young so we don´t know for sure but her movie counterpart had mutant powers that allowed her to control animals so I think there´s a possibility she was a mutant as well and can be brought back again. Also Wanda and Magneto were talking about her just before he told her about the ressurrection protocols so I could see Wanda using her powers to search for her mind?/spirit? especifically so she could be brought back, of course all this depends on marvel wanting to bring her back which I am not sure they will given they are not very good at developing small children but the idea of Magneto raising Anya on Krakoa is interesting.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-15-2022 at 07:30 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes Bova never said who named them but I think Magda had a lot more chances to name her twins given she left on her own so I think she stayed some time to feed her children and had to recover from giving birth before being able to leave Bova´s home.
    She said Miss America named 'em in Giant Size Avengers#1, just that other retellings like Avengers#186 omitted that part, or anyone naming them at all.

I think it would be hilarious , I can already see the memes about him having too many children but it would be a way for marvel to close up Magda´s chapter without making an ever bigger mess of a retcon.
    Guy would definitely have to be a player to have so many possible children around, who knows, maybe Magda's just the tip of the iceberg .

Agreed it would be nice to see what other powers they could have and I completely agree with Mr Busiek on the difference between heritage and being a mutant

I liked Lorna and Magneto dynamic on Genosha because there she was able to truly explore her powers and we don´t often see Magneto mentoring someone who has his same powers, so I think it worked well at the time, now I agree Lorna needs time to develop her own style while using her powers and so far her appareances on X-men have done her good.
    She's certainly my favorite thing of the current X-Men comics right now for me lol.

She died too young so we don´t know for sure but her movie counterpart had mutant powers that allowed her to control animals so I think there´s a possibility she was a mutant as well and can be brought back again. Also Wanda and Magneto were talking about her just before he told her about the ressurrection protocols so I could see Wanda using her powers to search for her mind?/spirit? especifically so she could be brought back, of course all this depends on marvel wanting to bring her back which I am not sure they will given they are not very good at developing small children but the idea of Magneto raising Anya on Krakoa is interesting.
    Oh, you mean Magneto's daughter, I had forgotten about her, and thought you were talking about Magda's mother, was confused when you said Anya died young, was thinking "How the hell did Magda's mother die young?" lol.

This could become too damn crowded if they decide to resurrect Anya and then add up Magda's twin children, so maybe one or the other if Marvel decides to bother with either...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then