Page 195 of 456 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 6836
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Because it is a tv show and it didn’t really have any big spoilers?

It’s to prevent someone from saying someone is in it or something specific happens.
    spoilers:
    Indeed, so you think cause of this, which is GOOD by the way I support that effort, because of this you think thier is still allot we don't know about the Film despite what has been leaked already?!
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It absolutely had a major spoiler in it. And if they felt it was only a tv show, they wouldn't have deleted the tweet.
    I missed the tweet so I’m not sure what it was (let me know what it was, I’m afraid to look in any other spoiler tag here) but I think simple mistakes can happen where as leaving comments open allows for the awful online people to unleash every secret they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    spoilers:
    Indeed, so you think cause of this, which is GOOD by the way I support that effort, because of this you think thier is still allot we don't know about the Film despite what has been leaked already?!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think they don’t want people to be spoiled. I don’t know what to expect other than Wanda being powerful. For better or worse, I do not know
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I missed the tweet so I’m not sure what it was (let me know what it was, I’m afraid to look in any other spoiler tag here) but I think simple mistakes can happen where as leaving comments open allows for the awful online people to unleash every secret they can.
    It was a tweet that talked about the big reveal spoilers:
    of Jake Lockley in the final episode
    end of spoilers, only hours after it aired. And they kept it up until the afternoon. Everyone complained about it because some people hadn't had the chance to see it yet because it's a weekday and some people work .
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Maybe it's because they don't care as much about streaming, but they did delete the tweet after everyone complained. It was dumb to put the major reveal as the title of the tweet too.

As far is ITMoM spoilers:
    What is out there is sadly true. All of it. I don't know how much you've seen online, but the leaks were only off on small details and unfortunately not enough to make the script better than what it was before.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I have seen and read enough to just what I need but it is 50/50 in some amount of viewing and full to a degree in a few others but I skip a bunch other too. I am not saying at all these leaks are not true, most of them are, I am just saying even with ALL that we have gotten so far it seems more is missing, just seem to be more holes to fill in and we have not gotten much more too the story yet. I know I can be wrong, but that just how it seems to be coming accross right now.
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

spoilers:
    Guys Lizzie did what she could with the lines they give her... this was like a 2000s movie
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    spoilers:
    Guys Lizzie did what she could with the lines they give her... this was like a 2000s movie
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    All the actors did what they could with what they were given. The acting and the costumes were still solid. The thing that dragged this movie down was the script.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I’m still refraining from posting because I’m quite “upset” about the script choices and I fear I may go too far by expressing myself
    end of spoilers
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

My take:

spoilers:
    Having watched the film. Wow. Been prepared for the worst. Already knew on good authority what was going to happen, but hoped that the major reshoots would have changed things. But wow. Just wow. After watching, I'm not disappointed, I'm heartbroken. Want to try and be positive so I'll start by the spinning the spin and then hit with some harsh realities.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Lizzie Olsen delivers. She gives a phenomenal performance (beautiful, nuanced, emotional) and does the best with whats she's given (for better or worse). No body, means Wanda can easily be alive and if reports that they have future plans are true, everything that happened in MoM could result in larger vindication and a proper theatrical exploration of her true character and history.

But I'll be frank. I think this film, beyond rabid stans, will tarnish the way the general audience will see Wanda going forward. Not to mention, feed the flames of trolls and antis that already have it out for her. Finding enough goodwill to muster up a film following the destruction of her image will be a tall task for Feige and co to overcome (if it was even in the cards to begin with). Honestly I can't fathom what they were thinking, in one fell swoop they'll have almost destroyed all the support and excitement they garnered from WandaVision and handicapped any of her potential future projects. The film simply didn't do enough to make you both reason and empathize with her. There needed to be a beat in the movie that somehow she actually might be able to pull it off and hurt noone in the process - that her trail of blood was result of a forced hand. Not once did I believe there was any rationality behind her plan. She was corrupted, but not really. It wasn't sufficient - her craze wasn't tempered with moments of lucidity or guilt, it was only through the terror of her children did she realize the monster she'd become; and that's what we got, unapologetic rampaging, almost cartoonish monster for 2 straight hours with a miraculous heel turn at the critical moment. Sure her story is mirrored by the mistakes and hubris of Stephen and his variants, but ultimately he's the hero and she's the villain. They wrote themselves into a corner and the only answer would be another trope. Honestly think they went with the worse one or at least the more damaging. She isn't overwhelmed by corruption, she makes a choice that feeds into the trope that 'bitches be crazy because power is too much for uterus'. So I guess she had agency...

Also Raimi and Waldron were the wrong choice for director and writer. The hokey dated horror style had some moments, but there are parts that will be tough for Wanda fans to stomach. It's laughable - and I don't mean that sarcastically, she literally comes across as a joke, like from a comedy sketch (lame, almost pitiable), in some scenes and it was heartbreaking to watch. It was almost entirely in the hands of Elizabeth Olsen to provide any sense of nuance or layers to her character. And don't get me started on the travesty of America Chavez. What in the world. Xochi Gomez seems super sweet, but she's almost the polar opposite of what AC should be.

The only way they can turn this around is if they book Lizzie Olsen for a trilogy. We've been hearing rumors of a follow up film. And I honestly think if they go that route, they'll pull a Black Widow and have it be a sendoff. But they need movies, i.e. multiple, in order to give an epic and satisfying enough conclusion to Wanda's story.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    My take:

spoilers:
    Having watched the film. Wow. Been prepared for the worst. Already knew on good authority what was going to happen, but hoped that the major reshoots would have changed things. But wow. Just wow. After watching, I'm not disappointed, I'm heartbroken. Want to try and be positive so I'll start by the spinning the spin and then hit with some harsh realities.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Lizzie Olsen delivers. She gives a phenomenal performance (beautiful, nuanced, emotional) and does the best with whats she's given (for better or worse). No body, means Wanda can easily be alive and if reports that they have future plans are true, everything that happened in MoM could result in larger vindication and a proper theatrical exploration of her true character and history.

But I'll be frank. I think this film, beyond rabid stans, will tarnish the way the general audience will see Wanda going forward. Not to mention, feed the flames of trolls and antis that already have it out for her. Finding enough goodwill to muster up a film following the destruction of her image will be a tall task for Feige and co to overcome (if it was even in the cards to begin with). Honestly I can't fathom what they were thinking, in one fell swoop they'll have almost destroyed all the support and excitement they garnered from WandaVision and handicapped any of her potential future projects. The film simply didn't do enough to make you both reason and empathize with her. There needed to be a beat in the movie that somehow she actually might be able to pull it off and hurt noone in the process - that her trail of blood was result of a forced hand. Not once did I believe there was any rationality behind her plan. She was corrupted, but not really. It wasn't sufficient - her craze wasn't tempered with moments of lucidity or guilt, it was only through the terror of her children did she realize the monster she'd become; and that's what we got, unapologetic rampaging, almost cartoonish monster for 2 straight hours with a miraculous heel turn at the critical moment. Sure her story is mirrored by the mistakes and hubris of Stephen and his variants, but ultimately he's the hero and she's the villain. They wrote themselves into a corner and the only answer would be another trope. Honestly think they went with the worse one or at least the more damaging. She isn't overwhelmed by corruption, she makes a choice that feeds into the trope that 'bitches be crazy because power is too much for uterus'. So I guess she had agency...

Also Raimi and Waldron were the wrong choice for director and writer. The hokey dated horror style had some moments, but there are parts that will be tough for Wanda fans to stomach. It's laughable - and I don't mean that sarcastically, she literally comes across as a joke, like from a comedy sketch (lame, almost pitiable), in some scenes and it was heartbreaking to watch. It was almost entirely in the hands of Elizabeth Olsen to provide any sense of nuance or layers to her character. And don't get me started on the travesty of America Chavez. What in the world. Xochi Gomez seems super sweet, but she's almost the polar opposite of what AC should be.

The only way they can turn this around is if they book Lizzie Olsen for a trilogy. We've been hearing rumors of a follow up film. And I honestly think if they go that route, they'll pull a Black Widow and have it be a sendoff. But they need movies, i.e. multiple, in order to give an epic and satisfying enough conclusion to Wanda's story.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I feel like the only way for them to redeem her with how they did it, is to just pull a different Wanda from a different universe or say this Wanda was a different Wanda. I've mentioned Lore before and the way she acted was more like Lore than even Wanda was when possessed by Chthon or under the influence of the Life Force. She was just too malicious and cold.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-05-2022 at 02:58 AM.

Does anyone know from where was that Jac interview about not having a story about a woman losing control of her powers?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Does anyone know from where was that Jac interview about not having a story about a woman losing control of her powers?
    I can't find a link, but it was in Total Film magazine, in the article they did on WandaVision before it started. I think it was their January 2021 issue. Here's the quote:

"It was extremely important to me that we not do the lazy thing of having a superpowered lady who can't handle her powers and goes crazy," says Schaeffer. "It was all about being as authentic as we can with her."

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I can't find a link, but it was in Total Film magazine, in the article they did on WandaVision before it started. I think it was their January 2021 issue. Here's the quote:

"It was extremely important to me that we not do the lazy thing of having a superpowered lady who can't handle her powers and goes crazy," says Schaeffer. "It was all about being as authentic as we can with her."
    spoilers:
    forgive me but this one aged like milk
    end of spoilers
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

spoilers:
    I'm still upset about the treatment they gave Wanda, the way her character got ruined yet again is awful and it just doesn't make sense and I just dont know how they can fix it.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    spoilers:
    forgive me but this one aged like milk
    end of spoilers
    Personally my theory is spoilers:
    she was sort of passive-aggressively subtweeting this movie. Olsen said she didn't know her part in this film until they went back to finish up WandaVision after the COVID lockdown. I don't know when Schaeffer found out, but this can't be what she thought she was setting up, especially since the movie ignores everything from her show, even the tag scene.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So, like I said, I did enjoy the movie for what it was. Taking off my Wanda fan goggles, I thought it was everything a Marvel movie needed to be and I'm satisfied as a movie goer. I thought the script would be worse, but I actually think it was a good story. It just wasn't the story that Wanda needed after WandaVision. Had they done it with some other character, I think I would've liked it more. But I guess Wanda wouldn't be Wanda if there wasn't divisiveness surrounding her character. It's always been like that, even in the comics. I guess she's just that type of character and this is a burden that Wanda fans will always have to carry. Love it or hate it, the early 2000s left a permanent mark on the Scarlet Witch.

I almost find it hilarious how Waldron emulated so much from Bendis, even the spoilers:
    contradiction about her children. Suddenly they were described as not being real, even though WandaVision had Monica Rambeau stating they were.
    end of spoilers

I gotta say that one thing that got me excited was spoilers:
    the mention of Chthon. Not only is he canon in the MCU now, but they created a very intimate link between him, Wanda and Wundagore.
    end of spoilers It was not the story that Wanda needed, but it did introduce key elements from her lore that could be used later on. So I'm glad about that opportunity being open.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

If anything, that just goes to show that the MCU is becoming more and more like the comics when it comes to opposing views among creators. A new writer can just come along and do anything a previous writer said they wouldn't. lol