Page 271 of 456 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed and that was what I meant, MoM was most a plot device movie for every character involved it seemed, cared little about characters and more about setting up flimsy world building with including past character development or care even for the tilte characters leading it. So while death is not a good idea indeed, more of the same in world building flimsy lists bad too, so the heart is to get back to the character focus, use the lore and build from their.

Really the MCU will not go far if they keep pumping out flimsy movie like these, yea it might make money, but then you lose more on the next and the next and sadly it continues then it is not the characters but the creators that lost sight.
    What I hope most for her is she being able to make the decision and put in motion getting her powers really under control, like not being possessed, controlled, etc. That she gets to learn actual magic, and has that journey. That she confronts Chthon. And gets to correct her mistakes. Things that involve her own narrative and not pushing her into a well she's back just to grant more fans their wishes. Because that obviously didn't work here.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What I hope most for her is she being able to make the decision and put in motion getting her powers really under control, like not being possessed, controlled, etc. That she gets to learn actual magic, and has that journey. That she confronts Chthon. And gets to correct her mistakes. Things that involve her own narrative and not pushing her into a well she's back just to grant more fans their wishes. Because that obviously didn't work here.
    Well said and pretty much they pushed Bad Wanda as far as they can go, any more and it truly be boring and tone deaf. If they can do a new longer contract with Miss Olsen and realize what ideals of character building will do as well as the backlash against stories like MoM they can change better for the future and we need to keep our eyes on that and find ways to make our voices more heard!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

No Wanda in the August solicits, naturally (there is a House of M omnibus in case we needed to add insult to injury). Also, Quicksilver is finally back, but in "Damage Control," which suggests that the rumor about him and Wanda joining X-Men Red is probably wrong.

Well, if Quicksilver can finally get back into a comic, maybe Wanda will someday... but when she was on top of the world in early 2021 I don't think even the most pessimistic among us would have predicted character assassination in the MCU (as Elizabeth Olsen has revealed, the people making WandaVision didn't expect it either) and another long period of being banned from comics.

She's a very special character to follow, and I think that's why I kind of secretly enjoy how depressing it is to follow her. No one else has quite this combination of huge highs and low lows. Rooting for her is a different experience, and sometimes we get what we want, and maybe someday we will again.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    No Wanda in the August solicits, naturally (there is a House of M omnibus in case we needed to add insult to injury). Also, Quicksilver is finally back, but in "Damage Control," which suggests that the rumor about him and Wanda joining X-Men Red is probably wrong.

Well, if Quicksilver can finally get back into a comic, maybe Wanda will someday... but when she was on top of the world in early 2021 I don't think even the most pessimistic among us would have predicted character assassination in the MCU (as Elizabeth Olsen has revealed, the people making WandaVision didn't expect it either) and another long period of being banned from comics.

She's a very special character to follow, and I think that's why I kind of secretly enjoy how depressing it is to follow her. No one else has quite this combination of huge highs and low lows. Rooting for her is a different experience, and sometimes we get what we want, and maybe someday we will again.
    Sadly still not in anything but the one issue mini for Hellfire Gala in July.

Lightbulb

Sadly still not in anything but the one issue mini for Hellfire Gala in July.
    They could be bouncing off from their, the Gala, before anything is set forward in a series for her.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    They could be bouncing off from their, the Gala, before anything is set forward in a series for her.
    I don't know, because that's said about everything. Maybe something in the fall. But it's puzzling why they refuse to capitalize on her MCU appearances.

Extraordinary Member

Now that the rumors about the movie have come true, I do wonder if they feel it's pointless to tie in with the MCU when the MCU had such conflicting plans for her. By the time they had used "Trial of Magneto" to fix the House of M thing, it was well known that (sigh) she was going to be villainized in her next appearance.

Of course that's just an excuse, not a good reason, since the fact remains that she is a popular character who is not being used in comics even though people want to write and draw her. And we all know that if her solo project really gets announced they'll find some other reason not to use her.

I don't think they need to tie in to have her in things. Her story can still be on it's resolved path.

Lightbulb

I don't know, because that's said about everything. Maybe something in the fall. But it's puzzling why they refuse to capitalize on her MCU appearances.
    Now that the rumors about the movie have come true, I do wonder if they feel it's pointless to tie in with the MCU when the MCU had such conflicting plans for her. By the time they had used "Trial of Magneto" to fix the House of M thing, it was well known that (sigh) she was going to be villainized in her next appearance.

Of course that's just an excuse, not a good reason, since the fact remains that she is a popular character who is not being used in comics even though people want to write and draw her. And we all know that if her solo project really gets announced they'll find some other reason not to use her.
    That is why anyone that has the ability and knows respectfully to start social media campaigns and discussions to hold Marvel to term on why that is.

We are reached or have reached a moment where to have our voices hear starting more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky99 View Post
    No, no, no...it's not for the best. She may have to bail everyone out when it gets tough again. Magneto is coming. Jean is coming. Silver Surfer is coming. Doom. All the FF. Kang. She may have to confront these characters.
    What you are talking about is exact the nightmare theories we fear lol.

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully she is getting some good sleep at least.

They'll wait until they need to do bare minimum again to keep her rights.

Extraordinary Member

So basically masochists in reader form.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    What you are talking about is exact the nightmare theories we fear lol.
    The problem is..what is there to look forward on the Avengers side if they go away from Wanda after the huge push since 2015? Lol.