Page 255 of 456 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Young girls(or boys, or enbies) should not look up to Wanda because no one should want the life of a shunned wretch, lol.
    Wanda even on a meta level is one miserable being who cannot progress without lightning randomly striking at her every now and then.
    Even Liz Olsen said she doesn't want kids looking up to that. It's not reaching, it's just being realistic.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Even Liz Olsen said she doesn't want kids looking up to that. It's not reaching, it's just being realistic.
    Even her fans are borderline like followers of Namira/Malacath lol.(Someone understand my Elder Scrolls reference.)

Even her fans are borderline like followers of Namira/Malacath lol.(Someone understand my Elder Scrolls reference.)
    I only played ESO for a short while. Mostly a WoW player with some FFXIV thrown in.

The craziness of multiverse stuff didn't start until later. It's when it gets out of hand and becomes a mess that it's bad. People initially liked Ultimates up until 3 where things got out of hand.
    Oh, I'm glad I missed that era. So not only were Marvel and DC getting darker in the early 2000s, they started reviving dead characters and using multiverses at an accelerated pace too? Boy am I glad I got out when I did! I admire the readers who stuck around during those times. Do you think Feige can keep it from getting out of hand in the MCU? I'm still holding out hope he will be aware of the mistakes from the comic books, and avoid emulating them. By the way, I read an online review of the MOM in which this statement was made: "The first thing one of my friends said upon leaving the theater was, “I stopped taking that movie seriously the second they said Illuminati.” I can't believe nobody else here on these forums has mentioned that. And I can't imagine people in cinemas didn't laugh when the word Illuminati was mentioned. Why didn't they go the whole nine yards and bring in the New World Order as well?
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-16-2022 at 10:10 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Young girls(or boys, or enbies) should not look up to Wanda because no one should want the life of a shunned wretch, lol.
    Wanda even on a meta level is one miserable being who cannot progress without lightning randomly striking at her every now and then.
    Yeaaaa I am Sooooo Certain little boys and girls are listen to that advice, I am certain they got the memo.

(P.S.~ Even young fans are not letting 1 movie Dictate who the want to see, love and why, Wanda is more then 1 movie. Also if the parents did not bring these kids to MoM, good on them to not subject their kids to a hard PG-13 and horrible writing.)

P.S.S~~ I don’t think we should be getting ourselves down in the dumbs over such worries of who to look up too, it is everyone’s own choice who they choose and while I love Miss Olsen it still the fan of any age to choose for themselves.

Last edited by CJStriker; 05-16-2022 at 09:15 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Do you think Feige can keep it from getting out of hand in the MCU? I'm still holding out hope he will be aware of the mistakes from the comic books, and avoid emulating them. By the way, I read a review online of the MoM in which this statement was made: "The first thing one of my friends said upon leaving the theater was, “I stopped taking that movie seriously the second they said Illuminati.” I can't believe nobody else here on these forums has mentioned that. And I can't imagine people in cinemas didn't laugh when the word Illuminati was mentioned. Why didn't they go the whole nine yards and bring the New World Order as well?
    I think Feige also has people to answer to so it might not be all him. But I hope they can keep it from going out of control.

The problem with the perception of general audiences is they aren't familiar with the Illuminati in comics. And the problem with the movie is they are nothing more than an easter egg for comics fans. So it is just not well handled all the way around.

And it is campy enough that I laughed even at parts I'm sure I wasn't supposed to, not because it was genuinely funny. But because it was such a stupid script that I couldn't believe it was real.

I think Feige also has people to answer to so it might not be all him. But I hope they can keep it from going out of control.

The problem with the perception of general audiences is they aren't familiar with the Illuminati in comics. And the problem with the movie is they are nothing more than an easter egg for comics fans. So it is just not well handled all the way around.

And it is campy enough that I laughed even at parts I'm sure I wasn't supposed to, not because it was genuinely funny. But because it was such a stupid script that I couldn't believe it was real.
    Well, let's hope he can keep it together as best as possible. I'm surprised that Marvel Studios was totally unaware that MOST audience members think the word Illuminati equals secret societies and conspiracy theories. Like real hardcore InfoWars stuff. Yet Disney wants the MCU Illuminati to be taken seriously? I'm fine with easter eggs, but Disney is ASKING for mockery when they do **** like this. At least when professional wrestling did the whole "Nation of Domination" and "New World Order" stuff in the 90s, they were NOT taking themselves seriously, like Marvel is. I have actually heard that the script for the MoM was pretty serious and had less MCU humor in it than usual. Disney/Marvel should really go back to the quippy light-hearted fare that made them so successful in the first place.

I find it funny of most MCU scarlet witch fans at least on twitter go all out defending her for being a villain and that the script makes sense, their points is that they say everyone accepts and it's cool for Mysterio and Thanos to do evil stuff but for her is "you can't be a fan" anymore after the movie

So they're literally equating wanda to literal psychopaths.

sadly i the movie never let's it clear how much of the darkhold influence was and giving Lizzie interviews saying Wanda was all aware and in control...

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I find it funny of most MCU scarlet witch fans at least on twitter go all out defending her for being a villain and that the script makes sense, their points is that they say everyone accepts and it's cool for Mysterio and Thanos to do evil stuff but for her is "you can't be a fan" anymore after the movie

So they're literally equating wanda to literal psychopaths.

sadly i the movie never let's it clear how much of the darkhold influence was and giving Lizzie interviews saying Wanda was all aware and in control...
    I also heard of deleted scenes of more of chlono and more full control over her. It is already sounding pretty implied she was under control of the Darkhold and it can be more added more of more heavy levels of possession in any future story. By the sounds of the movie to they already lean into that by the end, so a fix is simple in that area it is only the will to go their by the MCU creators.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't take the interviews too seriously. Remember when Waldron and others gave interviews saying this movie would honor her character growth? If she was completely aware she wouldn't snap out of it so easily that she wants to destroy the Evil Book and possibly herself in the process.

But yeah, the movie doesn't really know what the Darkhold is supposed to be doing to her, and that's before you consider that the Darkhold worked completely differently in WandaVision, where Agatha had it for centuries and was mostly fine.

As others have pointed out, the movie sometimes acts like "Wanda" and "The Scarlet Witch" are different people even though they're obviously not. It's a mess and all we can do is write it off and wait for another team to make sense of the character.

https://twitter.com/rdauterman/statu...80323995176960
    SCARLET WITCH MULTIVERSE OF WANDAS
    Last edited by juan678; 05-17-2022 at 08:25 AM.

Reminds me that I really love her MoM look. The WV version was very good already but MoM with the black mixing in with the red really sells it

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

But yeah, the movie doesn't really know what the Darkhold is supposed to be doing to her, and that's before you consider that the Darkhold worked completely differently in WandaVision, where Agatha had it for centuries and was mostly fine.
    I had a discussion about this online and the person told me that it's true Agatha wasn't shown that evil? She already was a criminal, killed her own coven (they were about to kill her too) killed a dog, and she was hanging two children who were real for wandavision the plot (even if in the movie they never reference those kids she created just as not real)

But i guess it's true how Agatha wasn't shown that destructive unlike Wanda, she even made Wanda realize she was hurting others at some point in westview.

Extraordinary Member

I had a discussion about this online and the person told me that it's true Agatha wasn't shown that evil? She already was a criminal, killed her own coven (they were about to kill her too) killed a dog, and she was hanging two children who were real for wandavision the plot (even if in the movie they never reference those kids she created just as not real)

But i guess it's true how Agatha wasn't shown that destructive unlike Wanda, she even made Wanda realize she was hurting others at some point in westview.
    I don't think Agatha was portrayed as evil. Not good, but not evil. That's why they avoided saying why she wanted Wanda's power -- maybe it was for evil purposes, but the only reason she gave was that Wanda couldn't handle that kind of power, which seems true even if Multiverse of Madness hadn't happened.

Anyway whatever the writers thought the Darkhold's effects on Agatha were supposed to be, they were far less than in this movie, because the movie ignores everything that happened in WandaVision. (Not that it would be any better of a story if WandaVision actually set it up, but it didn't.)

BANNED

Kidnapping, murder, among other things. No one involved with that at Marcel could want children to look up to that. Wanda was the main antagonist for the film. The villain you hoped to see stopped. No one was going to root for her to kill another Wanda and kidnap the kids.

Mind you I don’t know where the incursions are going. If they reset the multiverse, perhaps this Wanda won’t be the main Wanda going forward. She basically became Lore.

And I cannot imagine the Avengers taking her back. Liz Olsen talks about her future involvement with the XMen and Ian MaxKellsn as her father and it looks like they are going to do the Young Avengers. For that they might reset the MCU to be like 838, where Inhumans and mutants are well known, as is the FF.

With a multiversal reset we might see a sane Agatha mentor Wanda.