Page 207 of 456 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It does corrupt, I don't know about brain rot because others weren't affected quite like that. And at the moment she only started reading the book so she wasn't yet even corrupted by it. I think it's just the classic plot hole or no prize.
    The brain rot was a joke at people calling her having a hamster brain or whatever.
    I’m going to put this under spoiler tags as it’s less vague.
    spoilers:
    We don’t know how long she’s been reading the book but I think the clues are there. Her fingers are black and tarnished, showing she’s been reading the Darkhold for quite some time. Second: While it is a “facade”…. The orchard growing, showing time has past since there was none at the end of the WV. I assume the Darkhold could be tempting her and corrupting her mind, and knows what she wants and uses it against her.
    end of spoilers

I've been through a lot of grief in my life but wouldn't fall for that. I'd have to question it as much as an email from a Saudi prince or something. It was that kind of bad deal.
    Trauma and grief effect people differently. How you handle grief is different than how I would. How I would, it would be different than someone else. On top of all that grief and trauma, all happening throughout her life, and some of it being back to back (don’t forget she got dusted and couldn’t even mourn till she came back).on top of all of that, reading the Darkhold would corrupt and manipulate emotions and even possibly prevent the brain from making proper, rational decisions.

A real world example, someone with hypoglycemia would make sense and better decisions right away but the more you creep down in numbers, the more the irrational thoughts start to not seem so irrational. Your grip on reality isn’t as strong as it was 20-30 minutes before. It takes something rather big to snap you out of it. spoilers:
    I’m not comparing Wanda’s deadly decisions with it, just stating that the more immersed in something troublesome you become, the more things that don’t make sense, start to somewhat make sense. I speak from experience lol.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    The brain rot was a joke at people calling her having a hamster brain or whatever.
    I’m going to put this under spoiler tags as it’s less vague.
    spoilers:
    We don’t know how long she’s been reading the book but I think the clues are there. Her fingers are black and tarnished, showing she’s been reading the Darkhold for quite some time. Second: While it is a “facade”…. The orchard growing, showing time has past since there was none at the end of the WV. I assume the Darkhold could be tempting her and corrupting her mind, and knows what she wants and uses it against her.
    end of spoilers

Trauma and grief effect people differently. How you handle grief is different than how I would. How I would, it would be different than someone else. On top of all that grief and trauma, all happening throughout her life, and some of it being back to back (don’t forget she got dusted and couldn’t even mourn till she came back).on top of all of that, reading the Darkhold would corrupt and manipulate emotions and even possibly prevent the brain from making proper, rational decisions.

A real world example, someone with hypoglycemia would make sense and better decisions right away but the more you creep down in numbers, the more the irrational thoughts start to not seem so irrational. Your grip on reality isn’t as strong as it was 20-30 minutes before. It takes something rather big to snap you out of it. spoilers:
    I’m not comparing Wanda’s deadly decisions with it, just stating that the more immersed in something troublesome you become, the more things that don’t make sense, start to somewhat make sense. I speak from experience lol.
    end of spoilers
    I don't know, I just buy it as an oversight. Especially since they didn't seem to really be trying to look at WandaVision too much for what they did later in ITMoM. It's most likely like when comics would get stuff messed up. That's why I mentioned the no prize thing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Very nice art!

Another article calling out the sexism of the story and the comic it was based on. Spoilers of course.
    The author either actually read the comics they were writing about or was well-researched. Either way, I'm pleasantly surprised. What we usually see in articles and vids about Wanda is just whatever info they glean off wiki.

Anyway, does anyone else find it kinda funny that it was another writer named Michael who did this to Wanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    The author either actually read the comics they were writing about or was well-researched. Either way, I'm pleasantly surprised. What we usually see in articles and vids about Wanda is just whatever info they glean off wiki.

Anyway, does anyone else find it kinda funny that it was another writer named Michael who did this to Wanda?
    It's the Michael curse, lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    The Darkhold corrupts (and I assume rots) the brain which can also explain bits of it but Wanda fans are a defensive bunch. I get it , I’m the same with Elektra.
    How dare you suggest the infinite wisdom of Lord Chthon can rot people's brains?

Joke aside, I really wish Darkhold is the kind of Lovecraftian book that drives people insane through "information overload" or "terrible revelation of cosmic truth" than, well, whatever MoM is.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-07-2022 at 01:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

It's the Michael curse, lol.
    Petition to make a movie about Wanda purging everyone named Micheal from existence, I will gladly consider that self-defense lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Petition to make a movie about Wanda purging everyone named Micheal from existence, I will gladly consider that self-defense lol.
    My BF might not like that, haha.

Extraordinary Member

My BF might not like that, haha.
    We need more good Micheals in our world then.
    Wanda learning the valuable lesson that not every Micheal is made equal, and overcoming the trauma of suffering at the hands of Micheals.

Edit: Sign, well, I feel like people saying Wanda going murder hobo because trauma is comparable to my Micheal joke now.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-07-2022 at 02:13 AM.

We need more good Micheals in our world.
    I'll tell him to get to work on fixing Wanda.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Very nice art!
    It is Indeed Amazing GenericUsername, I love how Powerful the Cap Looks and how Wanda his Creating her Hex/Chaos Magic!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

HellFire Gala Scarlet Witch
    by singory

https://www.deviantart.com/singory/a...tars-915048866

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Another article calling out the sexism of the story and the comic it was based on. Spoilers of course.
    spoilers:
    ..."using power she can’t handle." She definitely could handle her powers in the movie and was the only one to have really been in tune (no pun intended) with what she was capable of doing. If she had asked America to get her to another universe, the movie wouldn't have been as bloody/oily (Ultron Bots' blood), but it would have finished too soon. I get the criticism of the post WandaVision Wanda, but two things could've happened, A) She realized that her happiness means nothing in the grand scheme of things and that doing the right thing, even though it means you being un-whole, is more important. Which is what happened to every alternate Doctor Strange we saw in the movie. He let his goal of happiness and ego destroy more than Wanda, like the Illuminati said, that Strange was the threat and not Wanda because he destroyed universes. Wanda would've just absorbed one persons powers and killed sorcerers. That's it. Or B) Wanda saying "screw it" I want my happiness, like what Dark Doctor Strange did in his alternate versions where he tried to get Christine like Wanda was trying to get her kids. The 616 Strange was the only one that didn't take the wrong path, just like the 616 Wanda did take the wrong path, but by the end realized that she has a great power and her responsibility was to destroy the Darkhold from existence in every universe.

People that write these articles are completely ignoring the fact that Doctor Strange was actually weaker and did more damage than Wanda in the universe and he even caused an Incursion at the end. He was a screw up, and he was a villain in all of his forms except the 616. Wanda didn't want to destroy any universes. She just had one minor goal that we saw at the end of WandaVision, which was loving her children and doing the least amount of damage to the least amount of people to get it. She only killed robots, the Illuminati, and some people in Kamar-Taj. In the movie we saw that Strange had to be killed by the Illuminati and became corrupt by the Darkhold.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    spoilers:
    ..."using power she can’t handle." She definitely could handle her powers in the movie and was the only one to have really been in tune (no pun intended) with what she was capable of doing. If she had asked America to get her to another universe, the movie wouldn't have been as bloody/oily (Ultron Bots' blood), but it would have finished too soon. I get the criticism of the post WandaVision Wanda, but two things could've happened, A) She realized that her happiness means nothing in the grand scheme of things and that doing the right thing, even though it means you being un-whole, is more important. Which is what happened to every alternate Doctor Strange we saw in the movie. He let his goal of happiness and ego destroy more than Wanda, like the Illuminati said, that Strange was the threat and not Wanda because he destroyed universes. Wanda would've just absorbed one persons powers and killed sorcerers. That's it. Or B) Wanda saying "screw it" I want my happiness, like what Dark Doctor Strange did in his alternate versions where he tried to get Christine like Wanda was trying to get her kids. The 616 Strange was the only one that didn't take the wrong path, just like the 616 Wanda did take the wrong path, but by the end realized that she has a great power and her responsibility was to destroy the Darkhold from existence in every universe.

People that write these articles are completely ignoring the fact that Doctor Strange was actually weaker and did more damage than Wanda in the universe and he even caused an Incursion at the end. He was a screw up, and he was a villain in all of his forms except the 616. Wanda didn't want to destroy any universes. She just had one minor goal that we saw at the end of WandaVision, which was loving her children and doing the least amount of damage to the least amount of people to get it. She only killed robots, the Illuminati, and some people in Kamar-Taj. In the movie we saw that Strange had to be killed by the Illuminati and became corrupt by the Darkhold.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Handling the power as in behaving responsibly and not a psycho murderer, no one is arguing over if she uses her power effectively.
    Also, have you considered the simple fact that, to the audience, it's the 616/main version of the character that mattered?(also we spent the most time with?) Do people actually dislike a character because what his AU version did/could have done? No! This AU Stephens being also corruptable is such blatant distraction(yes, even the credits Stephen is like this, because guess what? He won't go on some murderous rampage most likely!) They dare to do this to their male characters, but not the actually important ONE! Also how is the main Stephen weaker(not power-wise, corruption resistance wise.)

Also your statement of "minimal damage" is kinda false because this movie sure as hell makes her way more violent and bloody than necessary, she is one step from eating babies, I mean killing America Chavez, she is shown on screen doing the most gruesome murders. You know another character with a similar body count? Magneto from Apocalypse movie, but did they ever show the mangled corpses in Magneto's rampage?(He messed up magnetic field of Earth and caused havoc on a global level, that would be an insanely high kill count) NO! Because they bloody know how it will tank his popularity and image(even as a villain/anti-hero).(The same goes for nearly everyone else, no one fucking has this level of bloody bad name on-screen )
    Such favor is not saved for Wanda, whose bad actions is put under a megascope(it's the same thing in WandaVision, she technically didn't kill anyone but they made the WestView residents act so in pain that they want to die.)What if? Dr.Strange who destroyed an entire universe and Druig in Eternals who enslaved bunch of humans and their children for centuries somehow got less of a bad name compared to WV Wanda because her utter lack of narrative favor to prevent her from looking "too bad."(If Tony gets Wanda's narrative and framing, he will look like an irredeemable warmonger from the get go, just imagine the movie going into details about all the innocent people that got blown up by Stark weapons when Tony lived in luxury.)
    You analyze this movie in some technical terms but forget about the framing.

Also even if your points stand, the lore building of Darkhold is still utter shite. And please don't pretend Wanda's likely motivation following WV credits scene is carried on in this movie. Raimi/Waldron didn't even watched WV and it shows.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-07-2022 at 06:09 AM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

spoilers:
    Handling the power as in behaving responsibly and not a psycho murderer, no one is arguing over if she uses her power effectively.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She wasn't behaving irresponsible. She knew what she wanted and used her powers accordingly. She wasn't a sloppy mess that couldn't wield her powers. She wasn't a psycho murder either. She didn't randomly kill people. She only defended herself against the Illuminati after they threatened her, and fought the sorcerers that got in her path, and she killed Ultron bots. She was very much in control of what she did and didn't kill randomly.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This AU Stephens being also corruptable is such blatant distraction(yes, even the credits Stephen is like this, because guess what? He won't go on some murderous rampage most likely!) They dare to do this to their male characters, but not the actually important ONE! Also how is the main Stephen weaker(not power-wise, corruption resistance wise.)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The Alternate Universe Stranges were essential to the story because they showed us that what happened to Wanda happened to one of the most righteous heroes, and that Doctor Strange definitely thought about doing what Wanda was doing. He would definitely have done it had it not been for what he lived and saw. Every alternate universe Wanda wasn't corrupted. That goes to show that she wasn't an empty murder machine. They weren't distractions.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Also your statement of "minimal damage" is kinda false because this movie sure as hell makes her way more violent and bloody than necessary, she is one step from eating babies, I mean killing America Chavez, she is shown on screen doing the most gruesome murders.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    You're exaggerating. She killed robots and she killed the MURDEROUS Illuminati. The Illuminati murdered Doctor Strange. Why are you giving them redeption over that and ignoring the fact that they could've and were going to kill the Scarlet Witch and that Wanda killing them was a good thing? You ignoring and overlooking the fact that they weren't ethical is bias. The only "innocent" people she killed was the army in Kamar-Taj. They were an army of fighters that were throwing bombs at her trying to kill her. So to say that she was one step from eating babies, when she only killed defending herself from an army, robots, and a non-ethical super hero team that were going to kill her, is nonsense.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Also even if your points stand, the lore building of Darkhold is still utter shite. And please don't pretend Wanda's likely motivation following WV credits scene is carried on in this movie. Raimi/Waldron didn't even watched WV and it shows.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They repeatedly said that the Darkhold was the book of the damned that CORRUPTS its user several times in the movie. They even showed how it corrupted Strange, and at the end
    Wanda realized it was corrupting her, so she destroyed it. The evil came from Wanda entering the world of Black Magic, not from Wanda herself as a person because we saw the other Wanda who didn't meddle in Black Magic be a normal person.
    end of spoilers