Page 284 of 456 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I found these pictures on Instagram and really the details on this are incredible

Im seriously thinking about ordering one of these but delivery is planned for mid to end of next year which is unfortunate.
    Yeah they always announce these things way ahead. The WandaVision version isn't out yet either. It should release later this year.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I think this is more relevant to someone like Strange though. Wandas powers are innate, are they not? While someone like Strange has to study and deal with otherworldly entities to obtain power. It's basically the difference between a D&D Wizard and Sorcerer.
    Since this started with a focus on the MCU. Wanda has done incredible things already with nobody ever teaching her anything. I do expect the Agatha series to go deeper into witch lore and what exactly differentiates them from the sorcerers. So far we have only seen a few things like that witches can fly on their own while sorcerers cannot.
    Innate at first, until she refines them. And it's the source that really needs more background. They only really mention Chthon. People have had to seek out information on Wanda outside the movie to understand what he is and what that all means.

Wow that figure looks good, are they very expensive? I wanted to buy a pokemon figure once but it was like a $1000

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Innate at first, until she refines them. And it's the source that really needs more background. They only really mention Chthon. People have had to seek out information on Wanda outside the movie to understand what he is and what that all means.
    I mean even Wanda herself hasn't thought about the implications of it so I think that is still to come. It's not like he is going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Wow that figure looks good, are they very expensive? I wanted to buy a pokemon figure once but it was like a $1000
    I think it's fairly priced for what you are getting. $285 for the normal version and $320 for the deluxe version.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...121?var=911121

But yeah if you got the cash to spare there is a $1000 version of Wanda too

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...studios-909698
    "This is me being reasonable"

I mean even Wanda herself hasn't thought about the implications of it so I think that is still to come. It's not like he is going anywhere.
    I hope so, which is why I feel like they should have or should still give her a second season or her own solo. It makes zero sense to me that with her popularity and the meat of her story still not gone into, that they do not have a solo nor a second season lined up. But commit to other characters' second seasons right away.

Extraordinary Member

My own interpretation is that if her show hadn't been so successful they would have simply benched her until her kids were ready to look for her, like in the comics.

Even if she gets that solo project I'll still always believe that she just barely missed being sidelined for many years. Look at Vision -- except for WandaVision, he has barely even been mentioned since Infinity War and has no appearances lined up that we know of. Probably he'll turn up somewhere someday, but some characters are clearly not priority characters, and if Wanda does get a solo it'll only be because Elizabeth Olsen, Jac Schaeffer and Matt Shakman made her more popular than anyone ever expected.

Extraordinary Member

Yup, my ideal plan for her is basically a trilogy/duology to finish her arc and peace out.
    Even that seems like a luxury.
    I really hope they don't exploit her popularity for stuff that is barely about her again. Pointless cameos and appearances that can damage her more than benefit her.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    My own interpretation is that if her show hadn't been so successful they would have simply benched her until her kids were ready to look for her, like in the comics.

Even if she gets that solo project I'll still always believe that she just barely missed being sidelined for many years. Look at Vision -- except for WandaVision, he has barely even been mentioned since Infinity War and has no appearances lined up that we know of. Probably he'll turn up somewhere someday, but some characters are clearly not priority characters, and if Wanda does get a solo it'll only be because Elizabeth Olsen, Jac Schaeffer and Matt Shakman made her more popular than anyone ever expected.
    That's one of my biggest issues with the MCU at the moment. They're just too many characters in it right now. Did Marvel forget the troubles they experienced years ago, and how it led to near bankruptcy? Are they traveling the same bankruptcy path with the movies? Why did they struggle back then, anyway? Having too many characters inevitably leads to pisspoor character development. ALWAYS. It damaged the comics back in the day and I think the same thing could happen to the MCU if Feige's team continues to introduce more characters at an exponential rate. I could EASILY imagine SNL doing sketches parodying the MCU by introducing their OWN characters on their show sometime in the future. Veteran characters in the MCU like Vision, Rhodey, Fury, Lady Sif and even Maria Hill have been parked on the sidelines for so long, but "newer" ones like Daredevil, Agatha Harkness, Echo, Kingpin, and Jessica Jones are probably gonna get more screen time in the very near future. Even Olsen stated that she missed working with Bettany "so much" and I think that partly explains her lack of enthusiasm for promoting the MoM. I have to be honest, I AM okay with Vision not appearing for a while. I don't want the MCU to "ruin" him either. Usually when Wanda gets trashed in the comics, Pietro and Vision are meted the same treatment shortly thereafter.

I think this is more relevant to someone like Strange though. Wandas powers are innate, are they not? While someone like Strange has to study and deal with otherworldly entities to obtain power. It's basically the difference between a D&D Wizard and Sorcerer.
    Since this started with a focus on the MCU. Wanda has done incredible things already with nobody ever teaching her anything. I do expect the Agatha series to go deeper into witch lore and what exactly differentiates them from the sorcerers. So far we have only seen a few things like that witches can fly on their own while sorcerers cannot.
    I actually visited a forum discussing the differences between sorcery and witchcraft funnily enough. The main difference to the posters there was that sorcerers don't innately possess any magic and they have to be taught to use it (as well as draw it from somewhere else). Witches are BORN magic users. But in the MCU not all witches are born equal. Agatha has to say a bunch of Latin gobbledygook in order to cast her spells, while Wanda just has to "think about it." I do think runes are important to MCU witch magic in particular. I personally believe that both Wanda and Strange are heading into deus ex machina territory if their power levels continue to escalate. I just wish the MCU would follow Brandon Sanderson's "laws of magic" more closely:

1.) An author's ability to solve conflict with magic is directly proportional to how well the reader understands said magic.

2.) Weaknesses, limits and costs are more interesting than powers.

3.) The author should expand on what is already a part of the magic system before something entirely new is added, as this may otherwise entirely change how the magic system fits into the fictional world.

I just got this bad feeling that Wanda and Strange are going to "suddenly learn" new magic spells without ANY set-up in future MCU projects and have their power levels escalate to levels which make it harder for writers to use them. Besides I think Wanda should definitely have a chat with Agatha because Harkness said this in Episode Nine of WandaVision:

AGATHA: Give me your power and I will correct the flaws in your original spell. And you and your family, and the people of Westview can all live together in peace. And no one will ever have to feel this pain again. Not even you.

It will be definitely cheap for Harkness to use a deus ex machina spell to fix Wanda's errors, but they already used "magic" as a deus ex machina to restore Parker's identity in NWH so what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I'm still pretty convinced now more than ever that superhero writers have NO idea how to write magic like fantasy authors do. Jack Vance's Dying Earth books provided the model for the magic system of Dungeons & Dragons, with its ideas of magic-users memorizing spells, casting them and forgetting them. That's a really interesting limitation. But most fans of magical superhero stories don't think of magic in that way and that really annoys me because the "fantasy" corners of Marvel and DC could EASILY be improved if they just follow what fantasy literature has already been developing in the past twenty years alone!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "In the Name of Mars, I'll hex you!".
    HaHa, but Really Love, that is an instant TMable quote!

I always found many similarities between Rei and Wanda, would be awesome together in any crossover and Thier fusion here blows my geek mind!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yup, my ideal plan for her is basically a trilogy/duology to finish her arc and peace out.
    Even that seems like a luxury.
    I really hope they don't exploit her popularity for stuff that is barely about her again. Pointless cameos and appearances that can damage her more than benefit her.
    One of my fears is her solo project will end up being a glorified vehicle for Young Avengers making her entire story revolve around her kids. I want her solo to be a story where she actually gets to be heroic and that is her and Agatha doing witchy stuff, learning about Chthon, how he has manipulated her life etc, fighting the likes of Baba Yaga, travelling the Witch's Road, maybe meeting Hecate in a cafe, maybe having an N'Garai friend. Make it scary and creepy but also make it fun and have some joy to it, show witchcraft as something that gives Wanda's life meaning.

One thing that might be cool is in House of Harkness, we see Evanora Harkness in Sokovia, and we see one of Wanda's ancestors as a leader of a coven fighting Chthon. I think they might deepen Agatha's connection to Wanda with something like that.

I think it's fairly priced for what you are getting. $285 for the normal version and $320 for the deluxe version.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...121?var=911121

But yeah if you got the cash to spare there is a $1000 version of Wanda too

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...studios-909698
    I can to a degree justifiable the a $320.00 one, but I also just bought another from them over 600 and that was a hefty price tag to bear. I have NO IDEAD how I am going to go about the Very Lovely 1,000 dollars one, that is WOW Ben complexing me for months!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hope so, which is why I feel like they should have or should still give her a second season or her own solo. It makes zero sense to me that with her popularity and the meat of her story still not gone into, that they do not have a solo nor a second season lined up. But commit to other characters' second seasons right away.
    To be fair it's hard to do a second season of WandaVision because of the premise and obviously anoucing a different solo project would take away from the ending of a movie that was just released. It would be like a reverse Black Widow.

We might get hints in other movies and Agatha to see where it's going.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I actually visited a forum discussing the differences between sorcery and witchcraft funnily enough. The main difference to the posters there was that sorcerers don't innately possess any magic and they have to be taught to use it (as well as draw it from somewhere else). Witches are BORN magic users. But in the MCU not all witches are born equal. Agatha has to say a bunch of Latin gobbledygook in order to cast her spells, while Wanda just has to "think about it." I do think runes are important to MCU witch magic in particular. I personally believe that both Wanda and Strange are heading into deus ex machina territory if their power levels continue to escalate. I just wish the MCU would follow Brandon Sanderson's "laws of magic" more closely:

1.) An author's ability to solve conflict with magic is directly proportional to how well the reader understands said magic.

2.) Weaknesses, limits and costs are more interesting than powers.

3.) The author should expand on what is already a part of the magic system before something entirely new is added, as this may otherwise entirely change how the magic system fits into the fictional world.

I just got this bad feeling that Wanda and Strange are going to "suddenly learn" new magic spells without ANY set-up in future MCU projects and have their power levels escalate to levels which make it harder for writers to use them. Besides I think Wanda should definitely have a chat with Agatha because Harkness said this in Episode Nine of WandaVision:

AGATHA: Give me your power and I will correct the flaws in your original spell. And you and your family, and the people of Westview can all live together in peace. And no one will ever have to feel this pain again. Not even you.

It will be definitely cheap for Harkness to use a deus ex machina spell to fix Wanda's errors, but they already used "magic" as a deus ex machina to restore Parker's identity in NWH so what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I'm still pretty convinced now more than ever that superhero writers have NO idea how to write magic like fantasy authors do. Jack Vance's Dying Earth books provided the model for the magic system of Dungeons & Dragons, with its ideas of magic-users memorizing spells, casting them and forgetting them. That's a really interesting limitation. But most fans of magical superhero stories don't think of magic in that way and that really annoys me because the "fantasy" corners of Marvel and DC could EASILY be improved if they just follow what fantasy literature has already been developing in the past twenty years alone!
    You seem to be deeply into this topic but I understand why not everybody thinks the same way. Why would writers base their own work on something someone else did at some point? Sure most of the typical fantasy things that we take for given nowadays are based on the work of Tolkien but besides that it's crickets and there is nothing wrong with that. It's a creative work and therefore people should have full control of their work and not necessarily adhere to rules others have made up. Just look at Harry Potter which couldn't be further removed from the Vancian magic system and yet still was an enormous success.

Also the thing that Agatha said about fixing the spell was a lie in order to convince Wanda to give up her powers willingly. Later when thinks she has won she lets it slip that a cast spell cannot be changed.
    Last edited by Galerion; 05-26-2022 at 01:03 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

To be fair it's hard to do a second season of WandaVision because of the premise and obviously anoucing a different solo project would take away from the ending of a movie that was just released. It would be like a reverse Black Widow.

We might get hints in other movies and Agatha to see where it's going.
    The second season or solo should have happened instead of Strange 2. They should have had those two in something after Wanda sorted out everything. So that she got more of her lore, and he got more of his.