Page 330 of 456 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah it's still kinda weird. Because when Strange says they're not real, Wanda says "but they are, in every other universe". Which like, what does that mean? If Wanda had her kids with a human man the natural way... They shouldn't look exactly like the ones she created with Chaos Magic. And they're also 10, which would mean Wanda had her children at 20. It makes no sense. Lizzie said on an interview that she imagines her being a single mom because she and Vision separated or something. I imagine that she just created them outside of the hex, so they don't need it to exist like the 616 ones. Which Strange says they're not real only because "you created them with magic", which I feel makes it just a matter of perspective.

So basically I'm choosing to handwave that and focus more on how the story is framed overall. Either way, whether 838 Billy and Tommy are real or not isn't brought into question. So it's still more about how she shouldn't try to steal her AU children from that version of her.
    What was really weird to me was despite every version of Stephen looking different, they were all pretty much the same. All fell to the temptation of the Darkhold, all willing to force America to make the sacrifice. I had hoped different universes would mean they'd be completely different.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea I have to rememeber to go to one of my local GameStops to do mine, whatever the case for Wanda in the game maybe I still feel it will be good and I keep hyping for the Mass Effect feel to the game. That brings back memories of getting to know those unique characters and bonding with your crew and learning of the various Alien Species they come from, it was Very Cool, still is.

Doing that on a Marvel Level in some for will be a treat.
    I kind of want that Iron Man pop, but I have too many Funkos now. So I might just get digital.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I kind of want that Iron Man pop, but I have too many Funkos now. So I might just get digital.
    I know that feeling, I have had to cut my collections SO MUCH DOWN, I only now really focus on Scarlet Witch, espically the Pops with very few to now exceptions. Their are thoguht some amazing POPS outside of Wanda like the Iron Man ones that are hard to pass up, so I get it indeed.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah it's still kinda weird. Because when Strange says they're not real, Wanda says "but they are, in every other universe". Which like, what does that mean? If Wanda had her kids with a human man the natural way... They shouldn't look exactly like the ones she created with Chaos Magic. And they're also 10, which would mean Wanda had her children at 20. It makes no sense. Lizzie said on an interview that she imagines her being a single mom because she and Vision separated or something. I imagine that she just created them outside of the hex, so they don't need it to exist like the 616 ones. Which Strange says they're not real only because "you created them with magic", which I feel makes it just a matter of perspective.

So basically I'm choosing to handwave that and focus more on how the story is framed overall. Either way, whether 838 Billy and Tommy are real or not isn't brought into question. So it's still more about how she shouldn't try to steal her AU children from that version of her.
    Clearly they paid no thought to that problem, but just imagine if MCU Wanda being somewhat younger than Olsen. So many nasty suggestions could emerge just from that oversight. Imagine Wanda having the kids in her late teens or something. Which is something...

Also "they are real in every other universe" is again just yet another problem with how they frame the possibilities of the multiverse, like you are telling me there isn't a single universe like 616 where the kids are created within the hex? The same probelm happens with Christine and the star-crossed lovers angle they are trying to use.(I love you in every universe, but Stephen, what if you are gay, asexual, or a weeb in another universe?) And how Donna Strange is used as the proof that 616 Stephen is the real deal.(Like, what if Sinister Strange's sister didn't die? What if his sister was never born in the first place? It's a bloody multiverse we are talking about, how is Donna Strange a consistent proof.)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Would be cool instead of alien cutlures, those characters are representatives of their respective teams/mystical background. And you can ask them about their expertise in magic and what not.
    Hopefully Wanda is at least familiar with her own powerset/related lore.
    Yea that is what they need to do in the game, the interactions in Mass Effect where the hightlights more then the actions, it made you care about each character and what teams you put together. They should be able to go very deep into the lore of each character and learn about them in an effort to help befriend them to your side, that be an amazing tool to teach fans of characters in a whole new unique ways.

Yeah, we'll see what they do. And if they do nothing, then well, we've all sadly been there before. But I hope for something. And if it's not in the movies, have it be in a show, cartoon, the comics, something.
    We got allot to fall back on and possiblities to look forward too, but I still think they are realize they can't leave Wanda behind to easy so they are slowly turning the ship back around, but time will tell us if that is the case and they are not lieing. But we also have our Soical Media to hold them to account to like others have with MoM. We have each other to share in the many differnt Glories of our Wanda and What we can explore and fan over with her both old and new!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I know that feeling, I have had to cut my collections SO MUCH DOWN, I only now really focus on Scarlet Witch, espically the Pops with very few to now exceptions. Their are thoguht some amazing POPS outside of Wanda like the Iron Man ones that are hard to pass up, so I get it indeed.
    I'm worried about eventually running out of room to live, lol.

Extraordinary Member

That being said I still wish there is some ARPG with a party system like Mass Effect/Dragon Age but with Marvel characters.(Also it would be cool if most elements/lore pieces of MU can be used to build a player character background, if you organize MU's various human offshoots and types of power a bit I think you can have a decent RPG character builder)
    I just generally suck at CRPG/TRPG. The only turn based RPG I was really good at and meta-brained about is Pokemon lol.

That being said I still wish there is some ARPG with a party system like Mass Effect/Dragon Age but with Marvel characters.(Also it would be cool if most elements/lore pieces of MU can be used to build a player character background, if you organize MU's various human offshoots and types of power a bit I think you can have a decent RPG character builder)
    I just generally suck at CRPG/TRPG. The only turn based RPG I was really good at and meta-brained about is Pokemon lol.
    I wish I had Marvel Heroes back. I miss doing raids and stuff in it.

The reasoning they gave is "Wong is the SS" not "Wong is the librarian and well-read on mystical lore".(In both cases of Vishanti and Cthonic lore.)
    I don't miss anything.
    Both conversation emphasizes his status as the SS, while never mentioning the fact he was the librarian.(Which is a fact in DS1 that is not brought up again in DS2.)
    Stop trying to help the writer weasel his way out of this lol.

And great, a character doesn't need fixing and salvaging because he/she is still popular, that's your logic and arrrrrguuuument of all this? You sound like a dev who only cares about profit than a fan, that's what I always accuse people of, no standards.
    Do you need a reminder everytime that Tony Stark is a billionaire and the CEO of Stark Industries even if people only refer to him as an Avenger? Probably not because that is their history that we have already seen on the screen before. This is kinda obvious.

Im also not helping anyone here. I state facts and logical arguments. Im quite clearly not the one who is getting worked up here with his hate boner.

Also cute of you to assume that people who disagree with you must not have any standards. Here is a newsflash buddy. The world clearly doesn't revolve around you.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Do you need a reminder everytime that Tony Stark is a billionaire and the CEO of Stark Industries even if people only refer to him as an Avenger? Probably not because that is their history that we have already seen on the screen before. This is kinda obvious.

Im also not helping anyone here. I state facts and logical arguments. Im quite clearly not the one who is getting worked up here with his hate boner.

Also cute of you to assume that people who disagree with you must not have any standards. Here is a newsflash buddy. The world clearly doesn't revolve around you.
    You surely love your false equivalency, yes, Tony being a billionaire doesn't need extra emphasizing.
    But what kind of plot point can be justified with Tony being billionaire, the access to resources. Not knowledge.
    Even Avengers movie had an asspull with him learning a different science field over night. But at least that's explained.
    The access to information is the key in almost all storytelling, and here another question for you, if Wong is so fucking learned and well-informed about everything, why not take MAC to him in the first place. He could just read a book about it just like he did with Chthon/Vishanti. When trying to excuse one plot point, you create problem in another node. That's the movie you are defending.

And yes I can only speak for myself, so really do you want to hear this again? I think the likes of you who argue popularity is all there is for evaluation of her character lacks standards.
    I don't need the bloody world to revolve around me to make that statement, the fact you assume anyone would care for that is hilarious in itself. What kind of complex is this again? Imagining the whole world against you and ****?
    Take this as a personal confrontation, in case I didn't explain this well. So again, personally, in my own genuine opinion, you have no standards regarding this movie and its writing.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-29-2022 at 03:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yes, I think retrospectively they might go with the idea that the Darkhold made Agatha power-hungry and maybe the destruction of the Darkhold will free her up to be less obsessed with stealing power.

The show deliberately didn't tell us why Agatha wanted Wanda's power -- all she said was Wanda was unworthy to handle so much power with no knowledge of how to use it, which was true -- because it was important that the stakes in the final battle should only be about who would get the power of the Scarlet Witch. For Agatha to have obviously evil motives in wanting the power would have let Wanda off the hook.

But I don't think Agatha was portrayed as a real villain (she helped Wanda and Westview too much for that) or the Darkhold as a corrupting artifact, or they would have, you know, said something about the Darkhold corrupting people. But when we see Agatha again, obviously, that portrayal of the Darkhold will be established and they'll roll with it. (TV shows don't seem to be able to ignore the movies the way the movies ignore the shows.)
    Wanda had been a pretty competent hero. She wasn't knowledgeable about spell casting because she had no magical training. Training with Agatha did not offer Wanda, because lets face it, she was power hungry. Power hungry people never have good motives.

When she realized Wanda hadn't studied magic, she gloated about the runes. But Wanda remembered what they look like and cast her own runes. The ultimate irony in Agatha running her mouth she told Wanda out to defeat her, and told Wanda a place where she got a lot of magical knowledge.

The movie clearly shows Wanda was destined to come to Wundagore. Perhaps Chthon was subtly influencing Agatha, without her realizing it. Nevertheless, once a movie is done, the effect it has and the continuity it establishes are here to stay.

It will be interesting to see if new plans concerning Wanda are announced during the San Diego Comic Con, or during D23 day.

BANNED

And yes I can only speak for myself, so really do you want to hear this again? I think the likes of you who argue popularity is all there is for evaluation of her character lacks standards.
    I don't need the bloody world to revolve around me to make that statement, the fact you assume anyone would care for that is hilarious in itself. What kind of complex is this again? Imagining the whole world against you and ****?
    Take this as a personal confrontation, in case I didn't explain this well. So again, personally, in my own genuine opinion, you have no standards regarding this movie and its writing.
    Even if they lack standards, what you do about it? Nothing but scream. To be clear I am not attacking you. But its silly to get in fights over things you can't control. If lots of people like something you don't, you can't change their mind. You of course have the right not to like it, but at a certain point just move on.

Example, I lost all interest in Spider Man years ago, because they seemed to keep him the perpetual teenager. But quite clearly lots of people like Spider Man. Just because I lost all interest in Spider Man means nothing to them, nor should it. There's no need for me to comment on standards or speculate why they like SpiderMan, because they are free to spent their money however they like and like what they like.

I think the main issue with you is you get angry with people when they like things you don't, without respecting that people have the right to their opinions, just as you have yours. This is sometimes a problem with fandom in general, where people take differences in opinion or taste way too personally. So don't think I am picking on you, its just an issue on fan websites or forums or general, though of course not everyone is like that.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 06-29-2022 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Details

BANNED

Also I would say no one needs validation or approval for their ideas or wants. If someone here wants the Scarlet Witch to get married to have a three kids by Toad, despite the fact that is not something I want to happen, they certainly have the right to want to happen even if I think it's outlandish. If someone wants to go see whatever MCU money 10 times, no matter what anyone else thinks of it, they don't need validation or approval from anyone else.

BANNED

I'm worried about eventually running out of room to live, lol.
    It why I went digital. LOL

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Even if they lack standards, what you do about it? Nothing but scream. To be clear I am not attacking you. But its silly to get in fights over things you can't control. If lots of people like something you don't, you can't change their mind. You of course have the right not to like it, but at a certain point just move on.

Example, I lost all interest in Spider Man years ago, because they seemed to keep him the perpetual teenager. But quite clearly lots of people like Spider Man. Just because I lost all interest in Spider Man means nothing to them, nor should it. There's no need for me to comment on standards or speculate why they like SpiderMan, because they are free to spent their money however they like and like what they like.

I think the main issue with you is you get angry with people when they like things you don't, without respecting that people have the right to their opinions, just as you have yours. This is sometimes a problem with fandom in general, where people take differences in opinion or taste way too personally. So don't think I am picking on you, its just an issue on fan websites or forums or general, though of course not everyone is like that.
    Being angry is the point in itself, not everything has to be about "oh, what can you chagne about it?" If I am to comment on various issues, the comment is the point even if in the grander scale of things it changes nothing.
    Here is one, I am freaking powerless against a corporation or a bloody a state so I might as well shut up, right?

Your Spider-Man example doesn't apply here since I still want this character to thrive lol, just not as a vessel of everything I hate. I didn't straight up quit the fandom you know?
    And why, people are free to express their opinions and I will call them what I think they are. Again, I am all for free for all brawl.

And seriously, if you are to stay off my separatist sentiment completely and I stay off yours, half of the conversation will die off.
    You may want to ask what is the point of the conversation going on and existing? The engagement is kinda the point in itself. I would argue the same for the very existence of said fictional characters themselves.

This issue will never solve itself until Wanda has a consistent appearance in various media again. And even then, why can't there be discourse? If anyone feels tired, just disengage.