Page 28 of 456 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Yeah, stories of Wanda fans' life lol.
    Just add clout chasers to the group that makes us miserable lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    So true but it didnīt always has been this way, comics are convoluted but they are supposed to be that way to explain plot holes, not open more but I canīt blame Robinson since Remender didnīt really want to explain the retcon he did.
    The problem is that they try to explain plot holes by making stuff more convoluted even when they try to simplify it lol.

Hell, Busiek mentioned a few pages ago he'd just say all the nonsense of Wanda's inconsistent past would be "because Chaos", and while simple in theory, it'd be convoluted in practice because in a way, it'd be overwriting the past while also saying they all happened at the same time, and that's a headache lol.

Man, speaking of it like that, this would make Wanda's past be more or less like DC's Phantom Stranger lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I feel the same way, but I realistically know it's not going to happen, because:

1. Leakers almost never know the whole movie, just scenes and other info passed along by a friend of a friend;
    2. If they did know the whole movie, or any reassuring context, they wouldn't post it because the whole point is to get clicks, and you get more clicks for teasing gruesome stuff out of context. Admit that it's not that bad in context and you lose clicks.

The classic example from last year is Fox Quicksilver; I don't know if leakers knew who he really was, but even if some of them knew, admitting he was just some brainwashed guy would certainly have made their clicks dry up immediately.

Believe me, I'd love to get some reassurance but I know it's not coming, if it comes, until the movie is finished and maybe even until it comes out.

Until then we'll just have to trust that Marvel/Disney wouldn't do something that stupid and they haven't released any promotion (yet) that makes it look like they would.
    It's funny that you posted this, because just a few hours ago on Twitter that MyTimeToShineHello leaker did exactly that with their most recent big scoop. spoilers:
    They said John Krasinski is playing Reed Richards on Multiverse Of Madness, and then immediately tweeted that it was just a variant version of the character.
    end of spoilers And this is the same annoying scooper who keeps telling everyone Wanda is for sure the villain and even bet money with their followers to prove they're right... so I don't know.

This whole situation is really weird. I keep praying that this will turn out to be the same situation as with that Reddit person who everyone worshipped and it turned out they were wrong about the finale of WandaVision. That was funny. lol

Extraordinary Member

That scooper was just posting that "big scoop" after other people already posted it. So they're trying to get attention.

I was hoping that if/when that scooper was discredited it would discredit the whole "Multiverse of Madness" leaks, but while they turned out to get a lot of stuff wrong, it also turned out that their MoM plot summary was just ripped off from another summary from a month earlier, and that summary turned out to match up with some shots in the trailer... but no one knows where that summary came from or how much of it is true.

I won't take my own advice but for now it's probably best to ignore leaks and just concentrate on the way Disney/Marvel is promoting it. At least then, even if the worst happens, we'll have a few quick unpleasant surprises instead of the sheer misery of reading the Very Online people who are slavering for Wanda to go psycho (and get mad when you say that sounds terrible). If we just paid attention to the marketing we'd actually be looking forward to the movie, like the 99.9% of people who don't read spoilers.

People apparently haven't learned from WandaVision at all. Because they rumored Mr. Fantastic for that show and that didn't turn out. Everyone was so disappointed. It only took NWH for everyone to get back on this train again, even though that had actual set photos to confirm the rumors for that movie and so far there isn't anything for ItMoM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The problem is that they try to explain plot holes by making stuff more convoluted even when they try to simplify it lol.

Hell, Busiek mentioned a few pages ago he'd just say all the nonsense of Wanda's inconsistent past would be "because Chaos", and while simple in theory, it'd be convoluted in practice because in a way, it'd be overwriting the past while also saying they all happened at the same time, and that's a headache lol.

Man, speaking of it like that, this would make Wanda's past be more or less like DC's Phantom Stranger lol.
    I don't see how what he posted would have to mean all of it happened at once. Her origin changes never happened all at once. Who really named her doesn't really matter all that much. The origins just show that they were kidnapped children that other people thought were their's but ended up the Maximoffs. It's best left at that.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't see how what he posted would have to mean all of it happened at once. Her origin changes never happened all at once. Who really named her doesn't really matter all that much. The origins just show that they were kidnapped children that other people thought were their's but ended up the Maximoffs. It's best left at that.
    The problem is that since the idea is "Chaos is chaos so it's random", then it can means that monday her mother is Natalya, then maybe on tuesday it's Miss America or whatever lol.

While that explanation would ultimately give a source to all the changes, it'd only be making them more convoluted, and that's the nature of comic books, which's my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The problem is that since the idea is "Chaos is chaos so it's random", then it can means that monday her mother is Natalya, then maybe on tuesday it's Miss America or whatever lol.

While that explanation would ultimately give a source to all the changes, it'd only be making them more convoluted, and that's the nature of comic books, which's my point.
    They've gotten ridiculous with the retcons but they aren't that bad. It's not really a back and forth thing, and it doesn't change that frequently. All through each retcon it's still been the Maximoffs that raised them. And all the newest retcon did was cement that the Maximoffs are their real family. And I don't see chaos magic changing it more often.

Her magic making her not a mutant and not Mags kid isn't that far out of possibility. She could have not wanted him being her father that much. I wouldn't hate it. But I feel like now they just need to settle on the Maximoffs and keep it as that. It's the surname they picked. It's the people that raised them. The others thought those were their twins but they were mistaken. That's the end of the Maury episode.

Everyone of their potential biological parental figures, including Magneto himself, is a Space Phantom!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's funny that you posted this, because just a few hours ago on Twitter that MyTimeToShineHello leaker did exactly that with their most recent big scoop. spoilers:
    They said John Krasinski is playing Reed Richards on Multiverse Of Madness, and then immediately tweeted that it was just a variant version of the character.
    end of spoilers And this is the same annoying scooper who keeps telling everyone Wanda is for sure the villain and even bet money with their followers to prove they're right... so I don't know.

This whole situation is really weird. I keep praying that this will turn out to be the same situation as with that Reddit person who everyone worshipped and it turned out they were wrong about the finale of WandaVision. That was funny. lol
    Some people do suspect MTTSH is Sookie from WV era, and I really hope MTTSH is now in her cash in phase before her down fall which she knew herself.

Extraordinary Member

I'll take my own advice to talk less about leaks and more about official stuff. It helps that the official stuff for the moment is putting Wanda with the heroes where she belongs, e.g. Hot Wheels is putting out some more Marvel character-themed cars and Wanda, Strange and America Chavez are each getting one.

f3d6ff4e671e4ede848cee340929e1b6xl.jpg

I'll take my own advice to talk less about leaks and more about official stuff. It helps that the official stuff for the moment is putting Wanda with the heroes where she belongs, e.g. Hot Wheels is putting out some more Marvel character-themed cars and Wanda, Strange and America Chavez are each getting one.

"$89.95 each"

**Oh, I guess this was something already released for WandaVision. And people are marking it up now. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hot-Wheel...itch/273445088
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-16-2022 at 06:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I found it as part of a set of 8 cars, but even so, $89.95 is way too much. The set was $37.95 at Entertainment Earth, where I check for new Marvel-related toys but can't link to for some reason, so I just linked to that other site without thinking about the price.

But I have to admit I don't buy much merch, I just like to look for it to get clues about how characters are being marketed. Next time I'll try not to link to something that is clearly too high priced.

I found it as part of a set of 8 cars, but even so, $89.95 is way too much. The set was $37.95 at Entertainment Earth, where I check for new Marvel-related toys but can't link to for some reason, so I just linked to that other site without thinking about the price.

But I have to admit I don't buy much merch, I just like to look for it to get clues about how characters are being marketed. Next time I'll try not to link to something that is clearly too high priced.
    It's ok. You didn't mark it up. I know how stuff gets after it starts to sell out. That's what's happened to every pop and the cosbabies so far.

What car should Wanda drive? In Wandavision she was driving a Buick.