Page 262 of 456 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 6836
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    If Wanda did bad **** in this movie, then I am almost CERTAIN Marvel Studios is gonna say the "evil book made her do it." Just like Clint, Bucky, Natasha and Loki were all "brainwashed" or "mind controlled" in the past as well. And people will move on. But then I'll have to watch ANOTHER "redemption arc" in the MCU, and it's so fucking BORING!
    Yea MCU choose this path they did not need to, but they did, I rather not have to go threw a comeback arc but Wanda Deserves one and the only ones to blame for choosing a longer path are the creators and studio heads for choosing the longer way. But it is hard to see them not with how they ended MoM, they just got to get to work.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    At this point, it’s just Feige, or whatever director or screenwriter. Liz Olsen says she will reject a bad script s d she’s going to talk to Feige about the next steps, X-Men snd otherwise. There’s hope.
    Indeed their is allot and that ending ‘em with her popularity holding strong they took the bad side as far as they could, any more will be boring and they need to start to cash in on the popularity so doing comeback stories would be that.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    AvX described it was the yin and yang of each other.
    I guess I could see that. It's not like Chthon is a nice and benevolent guy.
    But I guess besides forced confrontations it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Wasn't there a comic that said that Chaos Magic is like the opposite of the Phoenix Force?
    AvX described it was the yin and yang of each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I guess I could see that. It's not like Chthon is a nice and benevolent guy.
    But I guess besides forced confrontations it doesn't really matter.

Now that you mention it, I can see Marvel Studios making an incursion story based AvX. Both their universes get destroyed in the end with Jean and Wanda being the sole survivors. Then the next movie is Secrets Wars and follows them trying to restore the multiverse with their combine power. Similar to Hope and Wanda restoring mutantkind by combining the power of the Phoenix Force and Chaos Magic.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 05-17-2022 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Everyone has opinions. To me The Eternals which you state people hated was the best of the new movies. With MOM a close 2nd. But I like things like Eternals and the concepts. And thats ok no one is going to like everyone of these movies or even like everything about them. I was just throwing my two cents in about the debate around this one. If people don't like this Wanda thing thats fine. I will debate them. Don't think any minds will be changed but its fun to get different perspectives. I still don't like what they did with Mandarin to this day. However many people LOVED it. And that debate raged on for years. Looking back at everything? It all went ok.
    Talking about unpopular opinions. I think I might be the ONLY MCU fan that lists AoU as my all-time favorite superhero movie. Your opinion about the Eternals is WAY more popular than mine about AoU. And I'm in the small minority that liked the Mandarin twist. I thought it was hilarious. I liked the visuals of the Eternals and how it explored different cultures around the world. That stuff interests me. And the ethical debates in that film were somewhat engaging. But they introduced WAY too many characters in that picture. I don't actually remember a SINGLE character from the Eternals unfortunately. I do feel bad for Chloι Zhao, though. She seemed pretty genuinely enthused about the Eternals. I don't take pleasure in creators having their works pilloried in such a public way. There is a LOT of pressure on the folks over at Marvel Studios. So I'm not gonna trash Feige, Waldron and Raimi. It's not like they DON'T want to entertain us and they need to eat too. I'm sure they did the best they could. All I'm saying is that I think Disney is working their Marvel actors/actresses, directors, writers, visual affects people and producers WAY too hard. I want them to slow down. Not just for the fans' benefit, but for their own.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-17-2022 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea MCU choose this path they did not need to, but they did, I rather not have to go threw a comeback arc but Wanda Deserves one and the only ones to blame for choosing a longer path are the creators and studio heads for choosing the longer way. But it is hard to see them not with how they ended MoM, they just got to get to work.
    Yeah, I'd rather they not do what they did, but it is what it is. I just hope the journey is not TOO painful for us fans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Now that you mention it, I can see Marvel Studios making an incursion story based AvX. Both their universes get destroyed in the end with Jean and Wanda being the sole survivors. Then the next movie is Secrets Wars and follows them trying to restore the multiverse with their combine power. Similar to Hope and Wanda restoring mutantkind by combining the power of the Phoenix Force and Chaos Magic.
    Secret Wars was supposedly gonna happen in 2021 before covid pushed everything, so I imagine it's sooner rather than later.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Secret Wars was supposedly gonna happen in 2021 before covid pushed everything, so I imagine it's sooner rather than later.
    Where did you hear that? Because I strongly doubt it.

I do agree that it will come sooner than most people think. Thanos debuted in Avengers in 2012 and Avengers: Infinity War released in 2018, six years later. Doctor Strange in Multiverse of Madness introduced the incursions in 2022 and Marvel Studios is producing projects at a far greater rate than when the MCU started. So I give it about three years at the end of phase five.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Where did you hear that? Because I strongly doubt it.

I do agree that it will come sooner than most people think. Thanos debuted in Avengers in 2012 and Avengers: Infinity War released in 2018, six years later. Doctor Strange in Multiverse of Madness introduced the incursions in 2022 and Marvel Studios is producing projects at a far greater rate than when the MCU started. So I give it about three years at the end of phase five.
    Movieweb a while back. And then the Russos gave an interview where they said they'd come back for that.

I don't think anything in this phase is like when they built up Thanos. That was definitely more controlled and organized. They were also introducing things through one-shots and didn't have Disney+ to pull some of the weight.

Movieweb a while back. And then the Russos gave an interview where they said they'd come back for that.

I don't think anything in this phase is like when they built up Thanos. That was definitely more controlled and organized. They were also introducing things through one-shots and didn't have Disney+ to pull some of the weight.
    I somewhat agree. This new saga is about building up an event (multiversal war) instead of a characters like the last saga.

Extraordinary Member

So I'm sorry I went back into ranting about MoM mode. This has been hard. Everything has been hard except the weeks when WandaVision was airing and even that was sort of spoiled by the fear that they might do to her exactly what MoM did to her.

We now have to wait a couple of years, probably, to see her in something better, and who knows how long to see her in a comic again, so I'll try not to complain about that all the time and find more positive things to say. Because it's too bad that a few people in power at Disney think there's nothing else to her but two 2000s stories she barely appeared in, but I'm always saying that there is 50+ years of comics history they're ignoring, and this should be a spot to celebrate that.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    So I'm sorry I went back into ranting about MoM mode. This has been hard. Everything has been hard except the weeks when WandaVision was airing and even that was sort of spoiled by the fear that they might do to her exactly what MoM did to her.

We now have to wait a couple of years, probably, to see her in something better, and who knows how long to see her in a comic again, so I'll try not to complain about that all the time and find more positive things to say. Because it's too bad that a few people in power at Disney think there's nothing else to her but two 2000s stories she barely appeared in, but I'm always saying that there is 50+ years of comics history they're ignoring, and this should be a spot to celebrate that.
    That is good to hear and we should focus on other things about Wanda that make us happy indeed!

As for who is to blame, I would not say all of Disney, but Fiege, the creators and writers of MoM, the Marvel Studios executives and a few Disney executives that oversee Marvel Division. We need to focus on where the blame should be and hope to press the more higher points of Disney to reign in these factions making characters to dark, let our voices be heard respectfully indeed.

I understand the feelings. A few of us have the same thoughts and worries. Don't be sorry. Maybe her appearance in Hellfire Gala will be really good at least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I don't think the idea of the Darkhold corrupting someone is that hard to understand. What many people seem annoyed about is they feel it corrupted her to much. Because Agatha was not as corrupted. But in the movie they literally show with the other two Doctor Stranges how bad it can corrupt.
    It is not hard to understand, just like "alcohol makes people drunk" is not hard to understand.
    But making a character permanently under some drunk effects and do dumb ****, then call that a plot is just lazy lol.

Extraordinary Member

Agreed, even Waldron has said that when "WandaVision" became a big hit while they were in the middle of shooting the movie, they felt nervous that they were turning her into the Terminator. But I guess no one considered -- or at least approved -- the idea of changing the story, except maybe for lowering Wanda's kill count a bit.

My own theory is that, being obsessed with 00s comics and wanting to set up Young Avengers, Feige needed Wanda to be so disgraced that all her fellow superheroes would be against her. Westview obviously was not that, which the movie even lampshades by having Strange dismiss it because she did the right thing in the end. She had to commit a big crime and disappear. And that's why the plan was always to have her go bad, except that she was originally supposed to go bad later in the movie (which would ahve been better storytelling and more popular).

Now, I'm not sure they're even doing Young Avengers, since the kids have not aged up as the plot leak said they would, and the same leakers who said Wanda was going evil are now saying she'll be getting her own project. Hopefully so. But I think the original plan was probably similar to the comics: put her on ice until her kids are ready to look for her.
    Basically the weird need to make her set up ****.
    I have growing separatist sentiments to other parts of her story now lol.(The kids I mean.)