Page 375 of 456 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 6836
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    My God, Jean's fans are so annoying ( not all But yes many Of them ) how i are a fan of Wanda they also have me fed up, they are everywhere here including, saying that Wanda is an imitation of jean, on Twitter they are even more unbearable, and nothing to do with it, jean it is simply a telepathy and telekinetic plus nothing, Wanda is a witch, with her powers she does things "that can be confused with tk" but she is not, she does many more things than the simple tk and to finish I would like jean to be even 5% of how popular Wanda is today thanks to the MCU.
    Well, MCU Wanda is a telepath/telekinetic like Jean, instead of the probability manipulator from the comics. There may be some influence there on Joss Whedon's part. And we've been expressing disappointment here that Multiverse of Madness almost never used her witchcraft powers, never even mentioned Chaos Magic (because the story was planned out before the director even heard of WandaVision) and mostly just had her use telepathy and telekinesis, with a story that was kind of Dark Phoenix Lite, even having her kill Xavier like Jean did in X-Men: The Last Stand.

I guess what I'm saying is that MCU Wanda doesn't have to be like Jean Grey but unfortunately she's sometimes been similar to Jean at her worst, just like John Byrne gave her a Dark Phoenix knock-off story in the comics.

I hope Wanda gets to go back to being what makes her unique -- a witch and a robosexual -- and MCU Jean gets to do something that doesn't involve that darn bird.

I love Wandavision but what did Wanda do with her powers in that show that was actually unique? Besides the Hex obviously. Like the final fight between her and Agatha was just them flinging energy at each other. I think the variety of magical feats was objectively bigger in MoM.
    Last edited by Dipter; 08-02-2022 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I love Wandavision but what did Wanda do with her powers in that show that was actually unique? Besides the Hex obviously. Like the final fight between her and Agatha was just them flinging energy at each other. I think the variety of magical feats was objectively bigger in MoM.
    I don't know about that. Neither showing really goes into different types of magic and how they vary from each other. Didn't bother to go into chthonic nor eltritch magic much. Didn't really explain the Vishanti. Magic wise it was really disappointing. ITMoM was just cheesy thriller.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Well, if you count the magic she did in her sitcom world -- and of course she was doing it all for real -- she had all sorts of stuff like teleporting, making breakfast for dinner, etc. There was all kinds of fun Bewitched-style magic, even though she couldn't use it as "herself" because she didn't actually know how she was doing it. But instead of building on that, the movie mostly set her back to square one because it was written separately from the show (and also because the whole "creation magic" deal would bring up the question of why she can't just zap up more kids).

I just found it disappointing that the show made such a huge deal about her having the power of creation and then she mostly doesn't use it in the film. The "what mouth?" bit was added in reshoots and it's one of the few magic feats that anyone remembers from the film, though I admit a lot of that has to do with the memes about Reed's stupidity in telling her how to kill his colleague.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hope they go through with it, because I have my money ready!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Omg that's so cool!

I'm praying they have something going on with her and it's announced by october/november if possible.

They fumbling the bag if not.
    I am Hoping he is telling the truth as well, but he seems really excited about what he was talking about concerning Wanda & Agatha.

I am hoping it is a positive story as well, I did not to get to answer that question, but I got as much as I felt I could non the less.

Curiously he made interesting reference to how while they want synergy with the Movies and the Comics it does not always work or is welcomed. Like the Black Suits form X-Men 2000 was not welcomed by fans in the comics.

Or how a Dr. Strange Movie came out yet Strange was dead in the comics. He made interest in while wanting synergy that they still do allot of their own things in the comics outside of the influences from the Movies, which ultimately can be good to not copy allot of the plot elements we see in modern MCU right now, just piggy backing on what surge of more eyes and wanting on Vision, Wanda, & Agatha after WandaVision and just how good that show in His eyes was.

So, there is hoped to be had.

He also got questions on celebrating Spider-Man’s 1,000th anniversary book like DC did with Batman and idea for Black Label Comics like DC Does, Classic Comic Characters like ROM Space Knight in the Marvel App but they are not able right now to do that cause of IP ownerships.

So, he was a decent and pretty fun person to talked to, so let’s hope he now sticks to his words.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Does it happen every year? Not really interested in the cb part but have actually never gone to a con so could be fun next year.
    As of Now YES Our Conventions happen 1 time a year, in the summertime and just seem to be growing in size each year which is nice to see. I HIGHLY Suggest in Going, I got a Hotel up in the Area and went all 3 Days cause it is so Big and so much to do I needed 3 days the last few years they have had it, espically after the new Convetion Center was built.

P.S. SOOO Many Amazing Cosplays This Year Too!

I Saw Allot of Scarlet Witch Cosplays this year, even an Wiccan and Speed from the Halloween WandaVision Episode too!

Most Popular Cosplay this year 2022 was Indeed Demon Slayer, I still need to watch more of the Anime but it is Really Good!

Last edited by CJStriker; 08-02-2022 at 10:50 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The "what mouth?" bit was added in reshoots and it's one of the few magic feats that anyone remembers from the film, though I admit a lot of that has to do with the memes about Reed's stupidity in telling her how to kill his colleague.
    "What mouth?" bit can't be added in reshoots since if I got the info right, Olsen couldn't do reshoots at all since her schedules were conflicting with her HBO show (also notice how she is the only one who don't appear in ads directly from Marvel and when she did, they used footage from press junket interviews or the ones from initial filming where she had longer hair). The one that was added late is Reed Richard, replacing Balder the Brave (there was some leaks that said he'll be impaled). Honestly I was expecting her to transform people into demons and whatnot ala Lore. They really underutilized her reality warping abilities. It should've been more akin to Jobu Tobacky of Everything Everywhere All At Once.
    Last edited by tranquil; 08-02-2022 at 11:47 PM.

MCU Wanda is already far beyond any other hero in terms of power.

She escaped the mirror dimension and effected the real world while in it by desintegrating Wongs and Stranges sling rings. Both of the things are impossible by what has been established previously.

She tanked the entire firepower of Kamar Taj, regenerated herself like Wolverine, took super strength punches whose shockwaves knocked clouds away from America Chavez, was locked up with the Souls of the Damned. All of this did zero damage to her. She was imperious to any harm.

Reality warping is the most powerful power in existence. It allows you to create things out of nothing, change already existing things, erase things from existence, and generally force reality to obey your will just by thinking about it. All 4 of the things has Wanda displayed throughout WV and MoM.
    The thing is this is a story breaking power if taken to its logical conclusion. You constantly have to come up with excuses and explanations why characters with this power don't instantly resolve every situation. Even MoM did that. She was still reasonable aka she was holding back. What she did to Reed and Black Bolt and to that sorcerer who was crawling is what she could have to everyone if she wanted to.

I don't think I have to tell anyone that this needs to managed carefully because again it's a story breaking power. I recently have seen a post on Reddit about a potential MCU version of Franklin Richards and there is a surprising amount of hostility towards him because his powers make him unusable for pretty much anything but being a plot device.

I don't think anybody in here wants the same for Wanda so you have to accept that a full power Wanda is off limits for the sake of storytelling. Only cosmic and supernatural entities would realistically stand a chance otherwise. Even the flashiest superpowers are useless when they can be countered by "You don't have superpowers" which is what she did to 838 Captain Marvel by the way.
    Last edited by Galerion; 08-03-2022 at 03:07 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    MCU Wanda is already far beyond any other hero in terms of power.

She escaped the mirror dimension and effected the real world while in it by desintegrating Wongs and Stranges sling rings. Both of the things are impossible by what has been established previously.

She tanked the entire firepower of Kamar Taj, regenerated herself like Wolverine, took super strength punches whose shockwaves knocked clouds away from America Chavez, was locked up with the Souls of the Damned. All of this did zero damage to her. She was imperious to any harm.

Reality warping is the most powerful power in existence. It allows you to create things out of nothing, change already existing things, erase things from existence, and generally force reality to obey your will just by thinking about it. All 4 of the things has Wanda displayed throughout WV and MoM.
    The thing is this is a story breaking power if taken to its logical conclusion. You constantly have to come up with excuses and explanations why characters with this power don't instantly resolve every situation. Even MoM did that. She was still reasonable aka she was holding back. What she did to Reed and Black Bolt and to that sorcerer who was crawling is what she could have to everyone if she wanted to.

I don't think I have to tell anyone that this needs to managed carefully because again it's a story breaking power. I recently have seen a post on Reddit about a potential MCU version of Franklin Richards and there is a surprising amount of hostility towards him because his powers make him unusable for pretty much anything but being a plot device.

I don't think anybody in here wants the same for Wanda so you have to accept that a full power Wanda is off limits for the sake of storytelling. Only cosmic and supernatural entities would realistically stand a chance otherwise. Even the flashiest superpowers are useless when they can be countered by "You don't superpowers" which is what she did to 838 Captain Marvel by the way.
    Wow wow wow Agreed With this .

Does it matter if she's that strong if she's as for now virtually dead till an official announcement.

"This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Does it matter if she's that strong if she's as for now virtually dead till an official announcement.
    This is the MCU approach to women at the moment: they’re either sidelined or dead, but it’s supposed to be OK because they’re powerful girlbosses.

Anyway every character is only as strong as they need to be. It’s the creators’ job to make it so we have good fight scenes. Saying Wanda is too powerful doesn’t excuse the lack of good fights.

I mean comics Wanda was constantly keeping up with people who were supposed to be way more powerful like the Enchantress. Anyone can fight anyone if the story explains how they do it.

Carol can be the only powerful queen that still can get content while being the all powerful girl boss they want but ofc she needs to lose the title of her own sequel to share it with other two new heroines.

It's not about how OP she is for me and for a lot of people I know, it's about how her power should differ compared to how it was before she became a witch, esp after she gained Darkhold. It was kinda teased when she was able to astral project that she is now a legit magic user. Her still mostly using blasts and beams wasn't what a lot of people expected. I kinda wanted her to use spells, runes, transmutation and all those stuff, even maybe curses or nature manipulation. I mean she is now already established as an undefeatable being anyway, why limit it? In fact if she was corrupted by the Darkhold she should have fought uncharacteristically, just to show the contrast and so after she destroyed it and (hopefully) returns, her powers can go back to how it was.

Also I was kinda hoping mid watching the first time that she would transform when she realized it was her throne (which indeed what concept artists intended but was eventually discarded).

I also don't care if Wanda is the most powerful, OP character, because they usually remove her humanity when they make her OP, or power her down shortly after.

I care more about character driven stories and them allowing Wanda to be a well rounded character. Allowing her to have a life outside of feats and being a plot device.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I also don't care if Wanda is the most powerful, OP character, because they usually remove her humanity when they make her OP, or power her down shortly after.

I care more about character driven stories and them allowing Wanda to be a well rounded character. Allowing her to have a life outside of feats and being a plot device.
    It's a shame how such a missed opportunity it was to make her sons to be in actual danger. Like they should've built from that post credit of Wandavision and had only her to hear their cries of help. And Wong and Strange could've not believed her since Wong met Shang Chi whose father went through similar situation. At least as much atrocities she did it wouldn't just be flat selfish and more of a mother's act of desperation. Oh well...