Page 252 of 456 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    In 2015 it was incursions as one universe smashed into and fought another. The only Wanda related stuff I can remember from it was in Secret Wars House of M and I think a MODOK story.

I think the MCU can work Wanda into Secret Wars, even if she wasn't all that involved in the comic book story. Thanks for showing me this images. I personally have never felt that Wanda is a multiversal character, more of a magical one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    You made a serious reply to two points that were jokes, maybe I should've been clearer about 'em being jokes, but I thought the 10/10 would've been enough to make the sarcasm noticeable in the last paragraph lol.

Oh well, getting intention through text can be hard, sorry about that.
    Sarcasm through the net is one of the long time struggles. Because of the lack of inflection. And with this movie, it's gotten pretty conflicted reactions. I'm sorry about that. That was my bad.

Honestly not much of a feat, what the movie says about magic is basically "Good magic good, evil magic bad, MacGuffin Good Magic Book has good magic and that's good, MacGuffin Evil Magic Book has evil magic and that's bad", and then you ignore the last point when main Strange uses MacGuffin Evil Magic Book lol.
    So true!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think the MCU can work Wanda into Secret Wars, even if she wasn't all that involved in the comic book story. Thanks for showing me this images. I personally have never felt that Wanda is a multiversal character, more of a magical one.
    That story was brief and hidden away in tie ins anyway. Probably won't even slightly be anything they bring to screen. We can't even get them to read all of the main parts of stories for the MCU, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think it's a few things going on here. The movie didn't live up to expectations, the movie has too many horror elements for some families, so less people are gonna go and some areas still are seeing Covid surges.
    Sure, those factors probably did play a role in the MoM's somewhat underwhelming performance. But I actually think the five months of no MCU film content between NWH and Strange 2 helped build anticipation for the movie. And the COVID situation around the world has improved a lot since the beginning of 2022. Plus, it hasn't faced much competition from other movies either. So some things worked in MoM's favor as well. I had a bad feeling about Strange 2 months ago, but I didn't expect Disney would be so stupid as to exploit a fictional women's grief over her dead children for spectacle.

I just wanna make one thing clear. Yes, I've made it known my dislike for Marvel's and DC's multiverse stories (Groundhog Day, Terminator, Star Trek and Quantum Leap did them all better in my opinion). But that's largely because of the way they have used the concept. I appreciate the fact that writer-directors Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert at least TRIED to do something different with the idea:

https://www.theringer.com/movies/202...nce-multiverse

I'm not sure Everything Everywhere All At Once would be a movie for me. But it has been undeniably successful. I've read many comments online that it's actually their favorite movie of all-time and that the MoM will not be able to equal it in quality. I personally like how the "two Daniels" think. “When you watch a lot of these multiverse movies, it’s just like, ‘Does any of it matter?’ It waters down every decision,” Kwan says. “It’s like when you play Choose Your Own Adventure: By the end, you’ve seen so many endings that you just don’t care anymore. Nothing actually sticks." And I agree with Scheinert when he stated that:“I have a low tolerance for science fiction that is just world-building for the sake of world-building.” I feel Marvel and DC do that a lot. And I concur completely with him when he was interviewed earlier this year: "I’m not a fan of many series or trilogies,” Scheinert said. “I love a sit-down experience that starts and finishes well. I don’t need more ‘Die Hard.’ I have ‘Die Hard.’” That's why even as a Wanda fan, I don't want her to be in the MCU longer than she has to. I'm against Olsen sticking around in the MCU just because her "stans" love her. WandaVision, to me, doesn't need a second season. Any sequel will likely not be as successful as the first. I'm glad Feige tried to get these dudes to work on Loki. But I think they made the right call to do their own thing.

I haven't watched the superhero shows on the CW, but from what I understand: "Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash—all began charmingly and then ruined themselves by moving their plots into the multiverse. Eventually there were ludicrous numbers of different versions of each character running around, conveniently solving each other's problems or getting each other into scrapes while we viewers rolled our eyes and said, "Come on."

Why does Marvel want to emulate DC here? I don't get it. Feige hiring Rick and Morty writers to work on Loki, Loki 2, Strange 2, Ant-Man 3 and She-Hulk makes me VERY nervous. They love that interdimensional **** which confuses the hell outta me. But I'm happy more people are starting to get a bit concerned with the MCU and DCEU relying on "time travel and multiverses" the way the comics did. I'm not actually sure that Marvel Studios is getting the message though.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-16-2022 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That story was brief and hidden away in tie ins anyway. Probably won't even slightly be anything they bring to screen. We can't even get them to read all of the main parts of stories for the MCU, lol.
    That's my issue with the MCU at the moment. If the creative teams at Marvel Studios can't be bothered to watch content that's DIRECTLY related to their projects, how can Disney expect folks to watch ALL of their Marvel stuff? To me, that means Marvel is pumping out content at too fast a rate. Them releasing Ms. Marvel, Thor 4 and She-Hulk (allegedly) in such close succession is ASKING, no BEGGING, for MCU fatigue. Prioritizing quantity over quality will ALWAYS negatively affect the latter. I thought Feige and his team understood this. I can definitely see "mainstream audiences" giving up on the MCU eventually because of this approach. I know COMIC BOOK and MCU fans are happy with this, but they aren't even close to a majority of the people signing up to watch MCU content.

That's my issue with the MCU at the moment. If the creative teams at Marvel Studios can't be bothered to watch content that's DIRECTLY related to their projects, how can Disney expect folks to watch ALL of their Marvel stuff? To me, that means Marvel is pumping out content at too fast a rate. Them releasing Ms. Marvel, Thor 4 and She-Hulk (allegedly) in such close succession is ASKING, no BEGGING, for MCU fatigue. Prioritizing quantity over quality will ALWAYS negatively affect the latter. I thought Feige and his team understood this. I can definitely see "mainstream audiences" giving up on the MCU eventually because of this approach. I know COMIC BOOK and MCU fans are happy with this, but they aren't even close to a majority of the people signing up to watch MCU content.
    Yeah, it's pretty much all about earning money though. We've gotten to the Spaceballs 2 phase of things.

Sure, those factors probably did play a role in the MoM's somewhat underwhelming performance. But I actually think the five months of no MCU film content between NWH and Strange 2 helped build anticipation for the movie. And the COVID situation around the world has improved a lot since the beginning of 2022. Plus, it hasn't faced much competition from other movies either. So some things worked in MoM's favor as well. I had a bad feeling about Strange 2 months ago, but I didn't expect Disney would be so stupid as to exploit a fictional women's grief over her dead children for spectacle.

I just wanna make one thing clear. Yes, I've made known my dislike for Marvel's and DC's multiverse stories (Groundhog Day, Terminator, Star Trek and Quantum Leap did them all better in my opinion). But that's largely because of the way they have used the concept. I appreciate the fact that writer-directors Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert at least TRIED to do something different with the idea:

https://www.theringer.com/movies/202...nce-multiverse

I'm not sure Everything Everywhere All At Once would be a movie for me. But it has been undeniably successful. I've read many comments online that it's actually their favorite movie of all-time and that the MoM will not be able to equal it in quality. I personally like how the "two Daniels" think. “When you watch a lot of these multiverse movies, it’s just like, ‘Does any of it matter?’ It waters down every decision,” Kwan says. “It’s like when you play Choose Your Own Adventure: By the end, you’ve seen so many endings that you just don’t care anymore. Nothing actually sticks." And I agree with Scheinert when he stated that:“I have a low tolerance for science fiction that is just world-building for the sake of world-building.” I feel Marvel and DC do that a lot. And I concur completely with him when he was interviewed earlier this year: "I’m not a fan of many series or trilogies,” Scheinert said. “I love a sit-down experience that starts and finishes well. I don’t need more ‘Die Hard.’ I have ‘Die Hard.’” That's why even as a Wanda fan, I don't want her to be in the MCU longer than she has to. I'm against Olsen sticking around in the MCU just because her "stans" love her. WandaVision, to me, doesn't need a second season. Any sequel will likely not be as successful as the first. I'm glad Feige tried to get these dudes to work on Loki. But I think they made the right call to do their own thing.

I haven't watched the superhero shows on the CW, but from what I understand: "Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash—all began charmingly and then ruined themselves by moving their plots into the multiverse. Eventually there were ludicrous numbers of different versions of each character running around, conveniently solving each other's problems or getting each other into scrapes while we viewers rolled our eyes and said, "Come on."

Why does Marvel want to emulate DC here? I don't get it. Feige hiring Rick and Morty writers to work on Loki, Loki 2, Strange 2, Ant-Man 3 and She-Hulk makes me VERY nervous. They love that interdimensional **** that confuses the hell outta me. But I'm happy more people are starting to get a bit concerned with the MCU and DCEU relying on "time travel and multiverses" the way the comics did. I'm not actually sure that Marvel Studios is getting the message though.
    I'm with you on the multiverse stuff. I find it to be a mess.

I've heard good things about Everything Everywhere All At Once. I do want to check it out sometime.

I gave up on all the CW shows after like their second or third seasons depending.

Marvel and DC have always gone back and forth on emulating each other.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

A Bold Proclamation names Wanda Maximoff the Most Popular Live-Action Female Superhero!

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ale-superhero/
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    A Bold Proclamation names Wanda Maximoff the Most Popular Live-Action Female Superhero!

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ale-superhero/
    Definitely the most popular Marvel heroine right now and arguably the most popular superheroine since Wandavision, but she hasn't reached the cultural explosion level that Wonder Woman did in 2017 when even Oprah and the Clintons were talking about her film and people were putting Diana's tiara on the Brave Girl statue at Wall Street.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Definitely the most popular Marvel heroine right now and arguably the most popular superheroine since Wandavision, but she hasn't reached the cultural explosion level that Wonder Woman did in 2017 when even Oprah and the Clintons were talking about her film and people were putting Diana's tiara on the Brave Girl statue at Wall Street.
    Indeed Confuzzled and it makes total historical sense, Wonder Woman has been the Icon of Women Superhero Icons for decades being so household and ingrained in Society she is linked to female movements and empowerment and so may more examples rightfully so!

It is hard to ever believe another lady could ever fill those boots and I would not expect so, so celebrating when WW is done right is indeed glorious.

The idea however that Wanda, despite MoM, is STILL on this level of discussion and has achieved it that she is now considered top tier and one of the highest is truly Astonishing!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

The original far-reaching multiverse story was probably DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths (COIE) and most of the rethreads since then were not very good, imo.
    But this is comics actually, more like soap operas with various twists or unknown long lost sisters, etc.
    Soap Operas for nerds like us!
    Over 50 years ago ABC's Dark Shadows soap opera had plots with "parallel worlds", a room in the mansion that led to another reality. Example: Where Barnabas was NOT a vampire. Very unlikely marriages, things like that.

On there own and nuanced or subtle, some multiverse stories are okay but

this everything all at once, bam bam bam, is too edgy and hard to follow sometimes.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Is it given a reason why Strange isn't Sorcerer Supreme though? Just weird he ain't one after the first movie made clear how much potential he had, maybe it's because he needs to train for a few more years despite his talents?

Wong's still useless as a Sorcerer Supreme regardless lol.
    I think Wong got the position after Strange got blipped and there was no other competition.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed Confuzzled and it makes total historical sense, Wonder Woman has been the Icon of Women Superhero Icons for decades being so household and ingrained in Society she is linked to female movements and empowerment and so may more examples rightfully so!

It is hard to ever believe another lady could ever fill those boots and I would not expect so, so celebrating when WW is done right is indeed glorious.

The idea however that Wanda, despite MoM, is STILL on this level of discussion and has achieved it that she is now considered top tier and one of the highest is truly Astonishing!
    Indeed. It's still crazy to think that Wanda and Carol Danvers are the most high-profile Marvel superheroines right now considering the misogynistic nonsense and subsequent extended phases of limbo that they had to go through in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The original far-reaching multiverse story was probably DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths (COIE) and most of the rethreads since then were not very good, imo.
    But this is comics actually, more like soap operas with various twists or unknown long lost sisters, etc.
    Soap Operas for nerds like us!
    Over 50 years ago ABC's Dark Shadows soap opera had plots with "parallel worlds", a room in the mansion that led to another reality. Example: Where Barnabas was NOT a vampire. Very unlikely marriages, things like that.

On there own and nuanced or subtle, some multiverse stories are okay but

this everything all at once, bam bam bam, is too edgy and hard to follow sometimes.
    And I feel the MCU's multiverse has been explained REALLY poorly as well.

And I feel the MCU's multiverse has been explained REALLY poorly as well.
    Agreed. Magic, the multiverse those seem to be rushed along for some conclusion.