Page 24 of 456 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

We have no idea if the Darkhold is even in play. Hell they have never even gone really into the Book of the Vishanti yet in Strange's lore. We are going on costumes that change all the time and eyeliner. All we have actual confirmation of is what has been in actual marketing and so far it pretty much counters Wanda being a villain. From what Hollywood Reporter has posted there will be other universe versions of the main cast, so there is likely more than one Wanda. But it isn't worth going into until we know what is really going on.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Oh, I'll be stanning anyways, but it just seems like a weird path to take her character, I mean Wanda kills the multiverse is not what I would expect would happen from her ending in Wandavision.
    Also its annoying how they keep making her do major **** up every other comic/movie, let her be a straight up hero for once. The comics came through with darkhold at least
    Is it though her own show said "YOU ARE DESTINED TO DESTROY THE WORLD" killing a couple people seems very tame in comparison lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Is it though her own show said "YOU ARE DESTINED TO DESTROY THE WORLD" killing a couple people seems very tame in comparison lmao.
    They've also stated that was setting up her destroying the hex.

Extraordinary Member

The point of prophecies in fantasy stories is mostly never about them literally coming true.

I though the point of prophecies in fantasy stories was trying to prevent them from coming true only for it to come true. Then finding out that there is a twist to the prophecy that was discovered later
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They've also stated that was setting up her destroying the hex.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The point of prophecies in fantasy stories is mostly never about them literally coming true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I though the point of prophecies in fantasy stories was trying to prevent them from coming true only for it to come true. Then finding out that there is a twist to the prophecy that was discovered later
    That has mostly always been the main point of dire prophecies or visions on the future, Timeline changes, etc, the act of the main character(s) surrounding them either in Comics, Anime, Cartoons, Fantasies, Sci-Fi, mostly is the same that of dire futures that are said to happen are set to as the story be made to be stopped and show thy strength of the character(s) surrounding them, showing faith is not set in stone.

Heck, Even as recent example My Hero Academia Deku changed a certain losing future.

This is an old yet Extremely Empowering Troup that when done right shows how good of develop thy character has come to overcome even what is certainty.

I think the prophecies of the Scarlet Witch is a Really Cool and interesting one, but it is also cooler that is was made to be overcome, in a same way Wanda overcame finally Chthon, I feel Wanda is being set on the similar path done the Definition of others Telling WHO SHE IS,

BUT, as our Wanda Said YOU DON’T NEED TO TELL ME WHO I AM!

Like Iron Man being willing to make the sacrificing save or Captain America being more then just the Super Soldier Serum, This is Wanda’s powering journey that she is defining herself against the forces of the Darkhold and prophecies themselves.

That is Powerful!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

That Grace lady said Wanda is still the villain in the final screening of MoM also Strange has more screen time so maybe his fans will shut up now. Also apparently the fight between him & Wanda is lit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I will continue to believe that it's a movie about Strange and Wanda fighting a sinister magical villain, because the trailer made it look like that, and even the official toy box outright says it's about Strange getting help from Wanda to fight a sinister magical villain.

Maybe the sinister magical villain is another version of Wanda and then everyone can be right, or maybe there's some missing context that makes it all fit together, but I'm not going to believe it uness I have to, and right now 99.9% of people in the world, who don't read Twitter leakmongers, expect this to be Strange's story with Wanda as his ally. Hopefully they're right.

For now, let's try and keep Twitter leaks, Reddit leaks etc. out of this, because we don't know how much of them are true or misleading, and there's no point arguing about a bad story until we know it's real.
    I am remembering hearing of this Several Weeks ago and then came-up with in the last 3 days more leaking videos to plot details to the movie, titles hinting at cameos and plots so fantastic even Spider-Man: NWH would be blushing with envy over them. Hence, I have not clicked on the videos cause I don’t want to give reverence to such click-bait, but click-bait is none the less what it comes out to be.

I don’t threat over a journey through the multiverse seeing amazing cameos, but some just sound to silly to be serious or fights to weird to be true. Such would not have gained the favor of early screenings if true IMO but is my opinion.

If such news of being a Villain was such set in stone and known, it seem there is little need to wait for the movie is there. Why not just release it next week if so, much is leaked that is so and so much is so certain by those even in the leaser known?! Twitter, Reddit, tubers, if so, certain then why wait or even need for more news to be released if they are certain of such.

It is the same game that the 24-7 News channels are prey to now, they much feed the beast of the public to gain clicks, likes and with those fame, power, and money to keep bread on their tables and be known to the world. They are not bad mostly; they are just stuck in the world they need to feed.
    Spider-Man: NWH had an army of clickers and leakers guessing the movies details to the very day it was released and it seem they still missed out on vital plot points and cameos kept hidden well.

It is beyond sill to believe now 4 & ½ months out until MoM is released that all is certain. This will be the game played week upon week and we will fix ourselves to death worrying over it.

I say what Gurkle has said, wait until certain. All the official releases and Merchandise is Wanda is Strange’s Ally and that is IMO the official ranking Wanda so Deserves and to be thought of.

But even if we play Devil’s Advocate, say Wanda is killing and Blood is around, Already the movie has given up points towards this not being straight forward as the click baiters wish it to be. Villain Wanda its good clickbait to pass-up, controversy and blood like news always sell more, when they get it, wrong few will call them upon it because it was all in good fun and like a politician will word it aways or give some wording gymnastics on why they where both right but wrong at the same time.

That leads me into Devil’s Advocate, there is already a Variant of What-if Strange running around, it is teased more might be around, so Variant Wanda’s are likely if that is true. Blooding Wanda might be an altered variant of MCU Wanda, click baiters will use that as an out when if revealed to be variant Wanda.

Also, this is a Sam Rami, film, even if Wanda is killing who is she killing?! In Horror films a Person is not always a person, they can be a version of Deadites or Demons as humans, horrors like monsters or fiends or undead. It leaks are not very clear and it would not speculate who is being killed cause a few seconds don’t account for enough context in an over 2 hours + movie.

Finally, This is a horror film by decry, I expect both Strange, Wanda, Wong, American Chevaz and more will have to do some very dark and hard paths to win what they need to, dark paths are always less simple and look back in just leak context, but in full context the meaning is more clear and justified.

We should wait for official Stuff, when that happens that seem to bay well into Wanda’s Positive Favor, that is what I so hope we all to advocate too.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Thanks, CJ.

I will say that even though I believe the rumors even less than I used to (just because official toys don't straight-up lie about the plots... at least not until now) I find it very depressing that Wanda's fans don't get to look forward to the movie like any other fans of any other character could look forward to their next appearance. There's always an "if, but" attached. She got through her equivalent of House of M all right, but now we're told she might go on to the baby-crazy psycho of Avengers Disassembled.

Wanda has been more popular than anyone could have dreamed for almost exactly one year, and it almost seems like the only people who get to enjoy that are the people who want to see her go crazy and kill everyone, who represent about 0.0001% of her actual fans but are way overrepresented among people who read Grace Randolph.

It'll be very depressing waiting for the film, even if it's not bad for the character, just because the online discourse is filled with people practically slobbering to see her destroyed.

Look as a relatively new Wanda fan I don't carry all the baggage some of y'all might have & I don't really stress over anything I'm just down for the ride if she kills some people & fights Strange then comes to Jesus cool I'm sure it'll be lit, if they just team up & kick some ass that'd be aight too, I personally think the 1st would be more entertaining but that's just me.

Thanks, CJ.

I will say that even though I believe the rumors even less than I used to (just because official toys don't straight-up lie about the plots... at least not until now) I find it very depressing that Wanda's fans don't get to look forward to the movie like any other fans of any other character could look forward to their next appearance. There's always an "if, but" attached. She got through her equivalent of House of M all right, but now we're told she might go on to the baby-crazy psycho of Avengers Disassembled.

Wanda has been more popular than anyone could have dreamed for almost exactly one year, and it almost seems like the only people who get to enjoy that are the people who want to see her go crazy and kill everyone, who represent about 0.0001% of her actual fans but are way overrepresented among people who read Grace Randolph.

It'll be very depressing waiting for the film, even if it's not bad for the character, just because the online discourse is filled with people practically slobbering to see her destroyed.
    Very Much Indeed Gurkle My Friend, Well Said.

It is only Depressing if we are listening to THEM.

It is Love and True Wanda that is Love if we listen and Support Each other, Trust in Ourselves and Trust in what so Far Feige and the MCU is giving to us so far right now, when our Hearts are firm in those Realities then we can have love and fun on the way to MoM more than letting the bad wash over us.

We Wanda Fans have been made to be of Sterner Force then most Fandoms, going through Trials and Tribulations the likes many other Fandoms likely have rarely experienced, but all it does, and all is should do is made us more committed to our Lady Wanda, when she achieves threw the darkness we also achieve with her.

We become stronger threw it and the moments we thought light times away happen when fate and love in the long-term is finally rewarded, when the cry’s a of a Fandoms love for a Lady Like Wanda changes the hearts of the dynos at Marvel to finally unhandcuff her and let her be Wanda she was always meant to be, long term booking as one tuber said to achieve Feats like 20 Million Mutants souls in Trail of Magneto #5 or power over Chthon in Darkhold: Omega.

Feats we never thought could come true, but the love cried out for Wanda was heard and the changes now been made.

I feel the same will be for our Wanda in the MCU, time will tell the true tail, we can’t be certain, but we will be their for each other whatever the outcome, bad or good, we will do it together like always, we just need to TRULY remember where our Fandom come from and from who to live our Fandom by HER Example.

Extraordinary Member

Look as a relatively new Wanda fan I don't carry all the baggage some of y'all might have & I don't really stress over anything I'm just down for the ride if she kills some people & fights Strange then comes to Jesus cool I'm sure it'll be lit, if they just team up & kick some ass that'd be aight too, I personally think the 1st would be more entertaining but that's just me.
    That's fine, whatever you want for the character is fine and it doesnt' make you any less of a fan.

But for most of the regulars in this thread, we know that she never really recovered from Avengers Disassembled/House of M, so the idea that she might go psycho baby crazy again is terrifying and could ruin her permanently.

Hopefully our fears are wrong, but what you're seeing is a fandom that is very shell-shocked by decades of bad treatment in comics, and hoping that the MCU doesn't waste the good work they did with her.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well, I am in the middle, like I think her being an antagonist in the movie is a big possibility after Wandavision and the fact she´s been reading the Darkhold and especially after Shan-Chi introduced the idea of a loved one calling for help being a trap but I also believe that it will not be just a case of her losing control and that will be it, right now the MCU is doing an humanization of it´s characters, like for example Loki in his series or even Dr Strange himself who has shown not to have the best answers all the time and Wanda story in particular has been handled with care and humanity, she´s an orphan who lost her brother and her lover who has been given a great power that still is not enough to bring back her loved ones, she´s powerful but she´s alone, that´s a very compelling story, one that I don´t think the MCU will just take to mean that makes her a "baby crazy woman, who only cares about herself, I think that would be the worst path they could go with her and it would not go well with the audience either, right now she´s not aligned with any super hero team but it´s not because she´s not an heroic character but because she has stuff to deal with before going back to a group that for all intends and purposes doesn´t exist anymore. I would like to see her not be so isolated anymore, I think that would do her good and I believe this is just a stop in Wanda´s journey on the MCU, not the end of her story.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Lightbulb

That's fine, whatever you want for the character is fine and it doesnt' make you any less of a fan.

But for most of the regulars in this thread, we know that she never really recovered from Avengers Disassembled/House of M, so the idea that she might go psycho baby crazy again is terrifying and could ruin her permanently.

Hopefully our fears are wrong, but what you're seeing is a fandom that is very shell-shocked by decades of bad treatment in comics, and hoping that the MCU doesn't waste the good work they did with her.
    You Speak the Hopeful Truth of Not worrying as so Journey and I like that form you bring, the positives that even in a darker story cool and light might come out of it, I have a similar view as well, even threw dark stories even the darkest, true heroism is shown, that is where a characters love is developed so deep and so powerful, more then any gold perfect story spoon-fed to audiences, this is why I think WandaVision’s Wanda won the hearts and souls of so many.

Gurkle speaks the rightful truth as well, years off terrible uncaring and beating of a dead horse in push with no end the HoM story, mudding her name for years with no hope seeming it would ever end. I for one seen it for near a decade now and with that caring but worrying at times over the blades of grass of new stories of Wanda if they will be good or ever heal the wounds of the past.

That is where the long-term love though comes from Journey, the trail we have been on with our Wanda, it has made many of us cautiously optimistic of what may happen cause the powers that be seemed to have kept the dead horse going again and again.

BUT thanks to new fans cheering Wanda and seeing who she really is and can be, Marvel finally did what we long-term fans knew she could always do, just Marvel had to finally have the will to put the right pen to paper for her and take aways the handcuffs holding her back and we get what we have had in the last few weeks in the comics.

This by clearer example of anything shows that Marvel is ready to now hopefully more then ever move our Wanda onto better feats while not hold her back anymore, but also we still take cheer in the good moments threw these harder times, that is what it means to be a long-term fans, take the blades of bad but cherish the good that is truly of Wanda in that darkness she fights threw.

The reason we can't enjoy it is because we've seen what's happened before after, and it could likely happen again. And it'd impact her in comics after. We do actually want to see the return of the character we know eventually.

Exclamation Important!

I think we Need a bit of a REALITY REMINDER of Where our Wanda Maximoff Truly is in the Hearts and Souls of Fans Today!

This is TOP Priority to watch for ALL Scarlet Witch Faithful to Fully Watch, BUT Espically listen to 2:28, Listen VERY Careful to the crowd and take it ALL IN!