Page 30 of 456 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't know if this is new or not but Hasbro is putting out a "Marvel Mayhem" card game where Wanda is one of the four playable characters.

Her "kids merchandise" design is really not it lol. I hope they make a new one based on WandaVision/MOM soon.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I don't remember the pink on the tiara, but I could just not be paying attention. Still it is great to see her in a product as one of the main characters.
    I also didn't remember it, it's a bit more subtle in the original artstyle.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 01-17-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Her "kids merchandise" design is really not it lol. I hope they make a new one based on WandaVision/MOM soon.
    To be fair that art is not doing anyone a favor. Just compare the head of CM with BP. Some wonky proportions going on there.

It's a different MG as in Busiek and Perez's run, it's blue
    Chaos magic!

Or, possibly, a paint job.

kdb
    Last edited by Kurt Busiek; 01-17-2022 at 07:56 PM.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They've gotten ridiculous with the retcons but they aren't that bad. It's not really a back and forth thing, and it doesn't change that frequently. All through each retcon it's still been the Maximoffs that raised them. And all the newest retcon did was cement that the Maximoffs are their real family. And I don't see chaos magic changing it more often.

Her magic making her not a mutant and not Mags kid isn't that far out of possibility. She could have not wanted him being her father that much. I wouldn't hate it. But I feel like now they just need to settle on the Maximoffs and keep it as that. It's the surname they picked. It's the people that raised them. The others thought those were their twins but they were mistaken. That's the end of the Maury episode.
    I wasn't saying it was that bad on the back and forth, just that Chaos magic being what keeps changing her past could start doing that lol.

Ultimately we should stop focusing on the past, I don't even care about getting an explanation why her past keeps changing, just move forward, specially since they just removed the stain of House of M from Wanda.

I have this feeling that the ones expecting the entire Marvel universe of characters in this film will be more disappointed. And then mad at Marvel. Because they set themselves up.
    A fandom classic really, saw that more than once, and it actually gets funnier over time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    She should be driving the Thanos ’Copter
    Where would she get it? Maybe Deadpool would sell it to her? .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

I think they've said that Feige and the series producer Mary Livanos gave her a lot of the comics material she'd need to know to write the show. It wasn't her job to do huge comics research or come up with the comics easter eggs, and as you've said, it didn't need to be.
    Schaeffer does indeed credit Mary Livanos for being her 'comic book whisperer' when she was working on the show (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-bS1WEL5Ss&t=469s around the 07:20 mark). Mary is not involved in MoM instead she is working on CM2 and GotGVol3.

I have no idea what this bodes for Wanda on MoM. The only thing that could give us an idea is how Sylvie was written on the Loki show.

Extraordinary Member

I guess Sylvie is not too bad, but she is not particularly outstanding as well, and she is kinda used as the excuse to kill Kang and break open the multivese and ****.
    I find it kinda troubling many think it's totally okay to use Wanda's desire to save her kids to villainize her. Like sure, a woman will become unreasonably evil because kids.

It also doesn't help since it's a prevalent trope in many fictional works where the hysterical mother will go so far to be a danger to both innocent bystanders and her own kids, and the kids being scared of their own mother will have to remind her how wrong she is and she proceed to jump off a cliff to atone for her sins lol. As opposed to those heroic rescuer dad(again Liam Neeson being the prime example) who only ever kill baaaad people and the child always saw the father as a source of comfort and protetction. It's just a disgusting trope everyone kinda want to happen without realizing how shitty it is.

Again, it's the peak of the mentality of what I call "it's okay for you to eat ****" for my desire for drama.

MCU standom are the least aware of problematic tropes and some don't seem to care. They also don't care if the character gets buried under this in all forms of media and inaccessible to other fans of those different mediums as a result. They just want to see feats. But it's also up to Marvel Studios to not feed into that for sake of the character and portrayals of women. Toxic fandoms should never have control over story narratives.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Chaos magic!

Or, possibly, a paint job.

kdb
    Or it's just a different car.

MCU standom are the least aware of problematic tropes and some don't seem to care. They also don't care if the character gets buried under this in all forms of media and inaccessible to other fans of those different mediums as a result. They just want to see feats. But it's also up to Marvel Studios to not feed into that for sake of the character and portrayals of women. Toxic fandoms should never have control over story narratives.
    Sadly the studios have a bad habit of listening to them since they are quite vocal. Look at the Rise of Skywalker, tried to appease all the haters of Last Jedi and appeased no-one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

I also didn't remember it, it's a bit more subtle in the original artstyle.
    Yeah, it's better on the original artstyle

Found a cool wallpaper. If you like the anime style of course

Preety cool and interesting it is based on the AOU final scene look

I'm hoping after WandaVision we can move to more costume-y official Wanda art/costumes.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    To be fair that art is not doing anyone a favor. Just compare the head of CM with BP. Some wonky proportions going on there.
    Yeah, but at least their costumes look decent. Wanda's wearing her lucky jacket, with her lucky corset, with those kneepads... Her costume dramatically changes every time we see her. Everyone's costume looks like a bit of a modification of a standard one. Now that we know she's a witch, they should streamline it and make it consistent. Her headpiece might be a bit difficult to translation into cartoon forms, but they could use the one she used from that Halloween episode.

I prefer her costume from WandaVision. I don't like the changes they made for Multiverse of Madness.

Or it's just a different car.
    Could be, but since neither the Vision nor Wanda are the sort to splash out on a new (vintage) car just to get a different color, I think a paint job seems likelier.

Unless there's an untold tale of their MG being totaled, of course.

But we sent George reference on the MG from the Englehart/Howell series when he drew that issue, so the intent was that it was the same car. Whether Tom Smith didn't get the right reference, or he did and miscolored the car, or he colored it right and the color separators did it wrong (we had serious trouble with the color separators back then), I couldn't tell you because I wasn't privy to any of that part of it.

But it was the same car in the plot and the b/w art.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!