Page 277 of 456 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327377 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 6836

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I never loved the logic that Wanda and Carol were the biggest threats to Thanos, since both of them were empowered by Infinity Stones (pre WandaVision development and probability hex stuff, anyway), and Thanos had *six* of them on his fat fist. He *should* have been able to outclass them with even one of those stones, if not flat-out *de*empower them using the stones that empowered them!

The idea that some person empowered by a rock on your hand, that you've got *six* of, can beat you, just falls flat on it's face for me. If nothing else, he should have been able to use those same stones to empower *himself* six times as powerful as Carol or Wanda!

Agreed. And I'd hope that they can attempt an 'author saving throw' by saying later that at least some of Wanda's power in this movie came from her connection to the Darkhold, and that, post-Darkhold, she's a bit less over-the-top, and that this 'Scarlet Witch' prophecy is put to bed and she's back to being powerful and capable, but no longer 'annihilate Kamar Taj in a fit of rage' powerful.
    As you have noted yourself this is only really valid for Carol since Wanda was born with her powers. Her contact with the mind just made her aware of them.

And Wanda fought a Thanos without the gauntlet which is still a feat it itself since he easily defeated Thor, Iron Man and Cap with Mjolnir before.
    Carol fought against him with the gauntlet but it's important to remember what exactly happened. If you have noticed Thanos need to close his fist to activate any of the stones effects. Every single time he activated one of the stones effects he did so. The gauntlet was built that way. Just wearing it doesn't give you any powers. Hence why Carols fight with him was totally legit since she held his hand open to prevent him from activating the gauntlet in the first place. That's why he had to get creative and remove the power stone manually to deal with her.
    "This is me being reasonable"

This is amusing. Someone did this picture with the Fortnite skins https://twitter.com/abelsmaximoff/st...85920385605632

Love is for souls, not bodies.

This comic panel of a scarlet witch comic went viral on twitter too, almost 100k likes.

https://twitter.com/mylovelylizzie/s...wVkxANF1qZMiIg

Extraordinary Member

You know, I like Robinson's Scarlet Witch series more than I did at the time, and not just because we've had so little of her in comics since then. The new parent retcon was bad and so was the characterization of Quicksilver, but it was good to see her going out and meeting people around the world after all those years when she rarely talked to anyone who wasn't an Avenger.

The issue where she goes to France and helps their resident superhero get over the death of his wife has become one of my favorites.

MCU people including Elizabeth Olsen have mentioned having read at least one story from the run ("Witches' Road") so fingers crossed that it pays off.

Yeah i think this the panel lizzie talked about.

She's a great emmy nominated actress and for Wanda! She did what she could with Waldron lines and Raimi "campy" movie direction...

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    This comic panel of a scarlet witch comic went viral on twitter too, almost 100k likes.

https://twitter.com/mylovelylizzie/s...wVkxANF1qZMiIg

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    You know, I like Robinson's Scarlet Witch series more than I did at the time, and not just because we've had so little of her in comics since then. The new parent retcon was bad and so was the characterization of Quicksilver, but it was good to see her going out and meeting people around the world after all those years when she rarely talked to anyone who wasn't an Avenger.

The issue where she goes to France and helps their resident superhero get over the death of his wife has become one of my favorites.

MCU people including Elizabeth Olsen have mentioned having read at least one story from the run ("Witches' Road") so fingers crossed that it pays off.
    I Really do Love the Robinson Run, Even when it was new and we kept talking about it I felt it was Way Underated at its time and it is good to nearly have 100k likes from just 1 panel alone.

Any press for classic runs like Robinsons is good to give Fans outside comics on Wanda that are not just HoM or AD is good and what is so good about the Robinson run is that it has Wanda in a construtive way dealing with her tragities and what her powers do do to her in ways, it really was a good story of Showing Constructive Phycological build for our Wanda that included heroics but not just heroics. One of the must fundimental issues was just Wanda talking with her psychologist all Issue(Being the Ringmaster, but it was constructive for both of them), showed Robinson had a talent to really flesh out Wanda dealing with her Tramuas and just just all punching bad guys.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah i think this the panel lizzie talked about.

She's a great emmy nominated actress and for Wanda! She did what she could with Waldron lines and Raimi "campy" movie direction...
    Well it seems the Biggest Carrier of the Movie Was Miss Olsen, So Our Wanda even going a Dark story, Messy too, Still was the Best Character of the Movie, That Says allot, even with a Bad Script and Bad Plot Miss Olsen as Wanda Still is the Best Part by what I hear, that is something I have to say.

Despite allot of MoM, we are Very Lucky to have Miss Olsen as Wanda Indeed.

Also, When and Why was Miss Olsen Talking about this Panel?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Also, When and Why was Miss Olsen Talking about this Panel?!
    She mentioned in a couple of interviews that she's seen the images of Wanda aging herself by using her powers, and that she'd love to play Wanda looking old. If you think about it, that's one of the few ways she hasn't played her yet.

I wonder if we'll ever get another Wanda solo. Good or ill it doesn't seem like Wanda's newfound prominence has really spurred much in the way of more content for her outside Darkhold and the Trial of Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if we'll ever get another Wanda solo. Good or ill it doesn't seem like Wanda's newfound prominence has really spurred much in the way of more content for her outside Darkhold and the Trial of Magneto.
    I keep hoping but it's starting to feel like the old saying to wish in one hand...
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    That we can just agree to disagree. You may not personally care about feats but tons of people do. The excitement and visual spectacle of it is a pretty big part of the industry. Go and check out the Storm thread on this forum. Feats is most of what they are talking about. Ororo is an Omega level mutant and therefore people want to actually see that in action. Who is the strongest Avenger in the MCU is a question that is all over the internet. The movies even joked about it with the Thor/Hulk rivalry. This is still comic books and not literature. People can enjoy these two things for different reasons.

And the MCU heavily leans into it and WV and MoM have been the logical next steps for Wanda who already soloed Thanos in Endgame.
    Let's put Storm through some baby crazy level of bad writing(that will negatively impact her character for the comign decade) and I guarantee you her fans will happily see her nerfed to get some peace and quiet lol.
    Ororo is not a character who is deemed expendable for this kind of treatment, so this comparison is really pointless.
    She is not in danger of getting her characterization stripped away from her everytime she gets powerful.
    Sure I would love a strong character with strong power, I want to see Wanda as the cold but gentle Empress of the Flickering Realm(someone please pick up on that storyline after Darkhold Omega). But Wanda simply doesn't have that option for the most part.
    If strong power almost guarantees weak characterization for her, then **** it, nerf her and let her be at peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I keep hoping but it's starting to feel like the old saying to wish in one hand...
    Wish is Better to Hope and Right now the showing will be in the Gala on Krakoa and usally last year major events spring from that mini, so with Wanda likely in the Gala and with the ToM events in her resume their is hope that might spring some stories from thier, we have to see and listen.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    She mentioned in a couple of interviews that she's seen the images of Wanda aging herself by using her powers, and that she'd love to play Wanda looking old. If you think about it, that's one of the few ways she hasn't played her yet.
    That is Very Interesting, Any future comeback stories and right now Wanda is still the Hottest talked about and it seems wanted character to continue in the MCU, no other lady is more desired, Feige and Marvel Studios have not slowed that down it seems. So a Story I keep thinking is a Form of The Witches Road form Robinson's Run, it would not be exactly that story, but a Journey mission to Discover Herself and Heal her mind like she did in the Robinson Run would be good inspiration since the MCU seemly just likes modern day stories, its an idea.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I never loved the logic that Wanda and Carol were the biggest threats to Thanos, since both of them were empowered by Infinity Stones (pre WandaVision development and probability hex stuff, anyway), and Thanos had *six* of them on his fat fist. He *should* have been able to outclass them with even one of those stones, if not flat-out *de*empower them using the stones that empowered them!

The idea that some person empowered by a rock on your hand, that you've got *six* of, can beat you, just falls flat on it's face for me. If nothing else, he should have been able to use those same stones to empower *himself* six times as powerful as Carol or Wanda!

Agreed. And I'd hope that they can attempt an 'author saving throw' by saying later that at least some of Wanda's power in this movie came from her connection to the Darkhold, and that, post-Darkhold, she's a bit less over-the-top, and that this 'Scarlet Witch' prophecy is put to bed and she's back to being powerful and capable, but no longer 'annihilate Kamar Taj in a fit of rage' powerful.
    I liked the prophecy aspect, too bad they botched it sooooo hard.

Is Wanda too powerful to write atm ?, is this why Wanda is out of the spotlight ?, does she need her powers downgraded ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)