Page 31 of 456 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Could be, but since neither the Vision nor Wanda are the sort to splash out on a new (vintage) car just to get a different color, I think a paint job seems likelier.

Unless there's an untold tale of their MG being totaled, of course.

But we sent George reference on the MG from the Englehart/Howell series when he drew that issue, so the intent was that it was the same car. Whether Tom Smith didn't get the right reference, or he did and miscolored the car, or he colored it right and the color separators did it wrong (we had serious trouble with the color separators back then), I couldn't tell you because I wasn't privy to any of that part of it.

But it was the same car in the plot and the b/w art.

kdb
    If it is the same car where was it stored all that time. Especially with the divorce and Onslaught.
    Last edited by leokearon; 01-18-2022 at 02:01 PM.

Wanda changes her car's color with chaos magic.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

When Wanda is unsure of herself her magic can unconsciously change things from their normal red color to something else, as if to deny her true nature.

This explains why she accidentally caused her costume to change color due to her stage fright at being on a comic book cover for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm hoping after WandaVision we can move to more costume-y official Wanda art/costumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Yeah, but at least their costumes look decent. Wanda's wearing her lucky jacket, with her lucky corset, with those kneepads... Her costume dramatically changes every time we see her. Everyone's costume looks like a bit of a modification of a standard one. Now that we know she's a witch, they should streamline it and make it consistent. Her headpiece might be a bit difficult to translation into cartoon forms, but they could use the one she used from that Halloween episode.

I prefer her costume from WandaVision. I don't like the changes they made for Multiverse of Madness.

To be honest Im not really bothered by it. Magic users in most media tend to have a bit more free-room when it comes to the stuff they wear while more physical characters are often limited to combat gear for obvious reasons. I get what you are saying though but it's important to remember that in all this time we have only seen Wanda in the MCU. She arguably only just became the Scarlet Witch in WandaVision so hear wearing more casual clothing totally makes sense but then I also just really love her Civil War/Infinity/Endgame design. I don't feel strongly about the MoM costume update but I surely hope a cape gets added.

Also the helmet on Captain Marvel doesn't look decent at all. There are probably fans of it but damn I definitely hate how it looks.

I personally hated the casual stuff, it just didn't make her seem like a superhero. I like her costume from the end of WandaVision so much more. I accepted the earlier stuff because it was earlier in her career. But now I'm happy she has a regular hero costume. And actually looks like the Scarlet Witch. Instead of some pedestrian.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    If it is the same car where was it stored all that time. Especially with the divorce and Onslaught.
    The divorce didn't cause any legal problems, because just as they were married outside the US legal system, they were also divorced outside the system, too, and it had only happened a few issues ago anyway, so it wouldn't have affected the car.

Neither would Onslaught, since it didn't destroy anyone's possessions.

So the car would have been wherever it was before Onslaught. I forget the details of how they lost the house -- I think it was sold at some point well before Onslaught -- but if they put the car in storage, it was still in storage. Or if they put it in the Avengers' underground garage, which is where she drove it from, then that's where it was. And if for some reason the Avengers needed space in the garage (it's pretty big, as I recall), then they'd have taken care of storing it elsewhere. Jarvis handles these things very well.

But there's no reason for it to have evaporated.

It could easily be, though, that anti-mutant jerks in Leonia either splashed paint on it or keyed it at the grocery store or something, so it needed a paint repair. And it was taken to the Flora, Fauna and Merryweather vintage auto repair shop, where Merryweather suggested "Make it blue!" So they went with that.

kdb
    Last edited by Kurt Busiek; 01-18-2022 at 04:03 PM.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I personally hated the casual stuff, it just didn't make her seem like a superhero. I like her costume from the end of WandaVision so much more. I accepted the earlier stuff because it was earlier in her career. But now I'm happy she has a regular hero costume. And actually looks like the Scarlet Witch. Instead of some pedestrian.
    Im curious. What do you think about the current comic Wanda outfit then? The one in your profile pic. Because that is pretty much elegant clothing.
    Or is it mostly about the tiara which is indeed one of her most iconic trademarks?

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Look which figure they have new there (at 7:08 and a few times after that) :

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I like the jacket from her second "costume", but I think she should've been wearing a suit like Black Widow since she was going to be in combat. The corset with the suede and pleather jacket was the worst. I don't know why they did that.

The WandaVision look was more iconic. I hate that they just gave her leggings and black boots, and got rid of her long gloves for the new movie. They could've given her red boots. It makes her look more pedestrian than like the Scarlet Witch. I just hope we see her with her cape. As long as we get the headpiece and a cape, I think it'll maintain the character that was introduced in the Disney Plus show.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I like the jacket from her second "costume", but I think she should've been wearing a suit like Black Widow since she was going to be in combat. The corset with the suede and pleather jacket was the worst. I don't know why they did that.

The WandaVision look was more iconic. I hate that they just gave her leggings and black boots, and got rid of her long gloves for the new movie. They could've given her red boots. It makes her look more pedestrian than like the Scarlet Witch. I just hope we see her with her cape. As long as we get the headpiece and a cape, I think it'll maintain the character that was introduced in the Disney Plus show.
    I knew I saw somewhere her upcoming MoM costume from a different angle and after a bit of searching I finally found it. Looks like there will be no real cape but there will be something flowing as part from her top.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Could be, but since neither the Vision nor Wanda are the sort to splash out on a new (vintage) car just to get a different color, I think a paint job seems likelier.

Unless there's an untold tale of their MG being totaled, of course.

But we sent George reference on the MG from the Englehart/Howell series when he drew that issue, so the intent was that it was the same car. Whether Tom Smith didn't get the right reference, or he did and miscolored the car, or he colored it right and the color separators did it wrong (we had serious trouble with the color separators back then), I couldn't tell you because I wasn't privy to any of that part of it.

But it was the same car in the plot and the b/w art.

kdb
    Do you think you could get us a 5-issue mini called “Untold Tales of Wanda’s Car”? I’d pre-order the trade it it would help.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Do you think you could get us a 5-issue mini called “Untold Tales of Wanda’s Car”? I’d pre-order the trade it it would help.
    You never know...

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Extraordinary Member

It's a shame that Marvel seemed caught off guard by the success of "WandaVision" and didn't schedule any comics with the two, but if the MCU ever does a followup series someday, there's a lot of Wanda and Vision's life in Leonia we never got to see.

We've gotten used to thinking of them as a tragic couple constantly kept apart, but the Englehart/Shooter/Michelinie Avengers and the limited series (which sold out thanks to the show) showed that they could be a mostly happy married couple and still have interesting stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Im curious. What do you think about the current comic Wanda outfit then? The one in your profile pic. Because that is pretty much elegant clothing.
    Or is it mostly about the tiara which is indeed one of her most iconic trademarks?
    Because it has the cape and tiara, it makes it more similar to her other superhero looks than casual wear. Especially since the top has the filigree and isn't just a coat and pants.