Page 409 of 456 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 6836

IDK, if she ever does comeback, i'm not sure if they will once again do the villain thing only because it would be repetitive at this point but the MCU is always surprising us so...

At least Lizzie said in the interview that she would like a redemtion but she doesn't have any power over what Kevin Feige wants sadly.

Also i don't know about how many stories are left, they basically did the whole Disassembled thing in MoM, unless they mean HoM as Wanda depowering mutants as another story, i hope they mean something like The Witches Road, were Wanda is magical detective.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Boss Kevin Feige Teases Elizabeth Olsen’s MCU Return: ‘Anything’s Possible in the Multiverse’
    https://variety.com/2022/film/news/e...ge-1235384359/

Wanda sure did appear to have died — and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) certainly thought she had too. But not so fast, says Feige. “I don’t know that we saw her under rubble?” he says in upspeak. “I saw a tower coming down and a little red flash. I don’t know what that means.”

When pressed for specifics about where Wanda could reappear — to help launch Marvel’s future “X-Men” plans, in a stand-alone Scarlet Witch movie, an upcoming “Avengers” film, or even in “Agatha: Coven of Chaos,” the Disney+ spinoff of Kathryn Hahn’s fan-favorite “WandaVision” character, Agatha Harkness — Feige demurs and answers vaguely.

“There really is so much more to explore,” he says. “We still haven’t touched on many of her core storylines from the comics.”

“I’d work with Lizzie for another 100 years if we could,” Feige continues. But then he throws out one final hint before signing off. “Anything’s possible in the multiverse! We’ll have to see.”

For Olsen’s part, she says, “I don’t think any of these characters are ever really gone,” and she’d love to see Wanda head “toward some sort of redemption.” But she underlines that she doesn’t know anything yet: “I really don’t know my future. There’s nothing that has been agreed on.”
    "Anything's possible in the multiverse!" "I don't think any of these characters are ever really gone." I can't describe how much I hate those sentiments. I'm actually surprised that so many fans on this thread like to have their movies/shows have such "blue (ultra-rare)" stakes. I don't particularly like how Marvel's handling "alternate realities", "time travel" and "magic." If they use those things to keep "resetting" characters and storylines, then there's no meaning to the stories that the MCU are trying to tell. Like you could say that Wanda "paid" for her "crimes" in Strange 2 by sacrificing herself and destroying the Darkholds throughout the multiverse. But if she used her magic to prevent a mountain falling down on her, where is the "sacrifice"? And let's be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the Darkholds come BACK again. And why is that Wanda couldn't use her magic to defend herself from being punched multiple times in the face, but can use her powers to prevent a MOUNTAIN collapsing on her? I don't want the MCU to become like the comics where basically nothing matters and nothing makes any actual sense. But that's what's happening. And I think in the long run, fans are gonna lose patience with that ****.

I think it would be perfectly fine if Olsen takes a year off. Other popular characters like Spidey, Loki, Captain America, Thor and Iron Man took entire years off so I'm okay with giving Lizzie a break. I'm also sort of happy that Marvel didn't make too many announcements at that last Disney shindig. There's just too much content being shat out right now by Marvel Studios, and I feel slowing the release schedule would be a good move. I wouldn't want to see a new Wanda movie too quickly either. Not at the rate Marvel's pumping out their shows and movies. Things feel too rushed and crowded for my liking. What's the point of making a film about the Scarlet Witch if it sucks dick?

Having 2 well-made and critically received films is better in the long term than 4 movies a year and a million TV shows that turn people off from investing themselves in the franchise. Marvel has finite resources and they're being stretched too thin in my opinion. If Marvel was making only two films a year, I'd want a Wanda movie more quickly. As I mentioned earlier in this thread this year, I was worried that Thor 4 would have a HUGE second week drop at the box office (and I actually liked L&T quite a bit). That's EXACTLY what happened. To ME, that's a definite sign that "general" and/or "casual" audiences are wearying of the near-constant output of Marvel films/shows. I mean, would it be a really big surprise to posters here if Wakanda Forever had steep audience drop-offs and unfavorable critical reactions later this autumn? I don't want that to happen to a Wanda movie. I "get" the argument that Marvel movies are dominating at the box office. But folks seem to forget to acknowledge the simple fact that no other Hollywood studio is spending as much money on producing and marketing their films these days. I think these movies have to do even BETTER in cinemas to make their investments worthwhile.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-27-2022 at 01:56 PM.

You need to chill guys. I hate to be the voice of reason but there is no other way if you really think things through.

The Marvel Universe is far too big for the MCU. Look how many characters there are already in the MCU and there are only like 3-4 movies a year. Pretty sure that is one of the reasons they have started with the Disney+ shows. There is just no way to actually fit all these characters and story lines in otherwise and it's just simple logistics that characters will not appear for years at a time because of it. When was the last time we have seen Ant-Man? In Endgame. When will see him again? Next year. That's 4 years between appearances. You can do this with pretty much all characters.
    Thor: L&T just released and Thor was also not seen for 3 years along with the Guardians of the Galaxy. When is the next time Thor will appear? In 3 years? In 5? Maybe never because he is now raising Love and that was the send-off for the character? Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine. There is zero information to actually answer this question.
    Also shows and movies are expensive and take years to make. You can't just pop them out like they are nothing and they still need to fit into the overall MCU narrative.

Kevin Feige himself addressing Wandas status and saying that there are still tons of stories to explore should be confirmation enough. Im sure he doesn't do that for every character. The rest will take time. There is just no way around it.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    You need to chill guys. I hate to be the voice of reason but there is no other way if you really think things through.

The Marvel Universe is far too big for the MCU. Look how many characters there are already in the MCU and there are only like 3-4 movies a year. Pretty sure that is one of the reasons they have started with the Disney+ shows. There is just no way to actually fit all these characters and story lines in otherwise and it's just simple logistics that characters will not appear for years at a time because of it. When was the last time we have seen Ant-Man? In Endgame. When will see him again? Next year. That's 4 years between appearances. You can do this with pretty much all characters.
    Thor: L&T just released and Thor was also not seen for 3 years along with the Guardians of the Galaxy. When is the next time Thor will appear? In 3 years? In 5? Maybe never because he is now raising Love and that was the send-off for the character? Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine. There is zero information to actually answer this question.
    Also shows and movies are expensive and take years to make. You can't just pop them out like they are nothing and they still need to fit into the overall MCU narrative.

Kevin Feige himself addressing Wandas status and saying that there are still tons of stories to explore should be confirmation enough. Im sure he doesn't do that for every character. The rest will take time. There is just no way around it.
    We aren't really worked up over this. We are just discussing things. There is no cliff or anything.

I just think they are focused on other things for the time being.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, my only worry for her future is that Feige still thinks they haven't done House of M enough already. Obviously she has a future and Feige isn't even trying to deny that she isn't dead.

I do wish they'd left her in a better place instead of (as I see it) wasting her last movie appearance for a few years. But the fact that she won't be in another movie for a few years is not concerning. Elizabeth Olsen really needs to do some non-MCU stuff for a while and I hope when she comes back it's in something good.

Agatha's show probably would be the last time we see or hear something about Wanda till her future project.

I like Agatha in the MCU, not to much into the whole billy and tommy stuff or YA that it's rumoured to appear in her show lol, i hope Wanda has nothing to do with that from now and just focus on Chthon and maybe white vision.

Didn't L&T say at the end of that movie that "Thor will return"? So I think it's safe to say that Hemsworth will be back. I think Strange 2, Thor 4, and BP 2 are the tentpoles for Phase Four Marvel. But I don't get the sense that people are excited to see more instalments in the Strange and Thor franchises. I personally think Disney left those characters in a REALLY precarious position amongst moviegoers after those last two films. The Marvel Universe is indeed far too big for the MCU. But I think the MCU is getting too big for "mainstream" audiences. To me it boils down to supply and demand. When Marvel Studios were releasing two (or even three films) a year, people pretty much couldn't get enough. There was a lot of hype and anticipation between each new film release. Each MCU entry was an "event". Each Avengers film was a "super event". Now we're getting TWO Avengers movies in ONE YEAR! The excitement has REALLY died down a lot recently. I was lurking on another non-comic book forum (which is populated by lots of MCU fans by the way), and they don't see ANY eagerness for a Young Avengers movie (and Marvel is apparently riding a LOT on that property). I happen to share that view. I thought Hawkeye and the MoM did lousy jobs of introducing the Young Avengers into the MCU. I think MCU fans are conditioned to think that there are "only" 3-4 Marvel movies a year. But the thing is, no other entertainment franchise is asking for that much attention from their fanbase (not the DCEU, Star Wars, Star Trek, the Walking Dead, Doctor Who, James Bond, Avatar, Mission Impossible, Law & Order, Maury, American Masters, American Experience, the NFL and I could go on). And I haven't even got into the FIVE MCU shows that will be released next year. I mean, sure, folks don't have to watch everything. But people WANNA be kept in the loop when it comes to the MCU. But I think Disney is making that IMPOSSIBLE these days. It sucks to be left behind as the MCU plows ahead. Marvel Studios is basically releasing new shows and movies on almost a monthly basis (like the source material upon which it is based). I don't think that's a healthy (or sustainable) approach.

Marvel Studios spent too much money on Thor 4. I don't think the stuff with the Guardians and the Greek Gods were necessary, but they paid a lot of money to the actors/actresses playing them. That's why I preferred Ms. Marvel. I had no idea who this character was, and I didn't recognize a single actor/actress in that series (though apparently some of them are pretty big stars in South Asia). I think we could have gotten a Wanda movie MUCH earlier, if they didn't introduce SO many characters in this Phase alone. Be honest, I DOUBT the vast majority of audiences remember even half of the Eternals and possibly ALL of the supporting characters in Black Widow. That's why I'm shocked that so many folks are hyped for Secret Wars. People aren't gonna remember like two thirds of the characters in that film! They will HAVE to rely on cameos I think to make that movie successful. But they've already been doing that for like half of the Phase Four properties already.

I will say I have noticed an interesting pattern developing as Phase Four progresses. The comic book "geek" and "nerd" communities seem VERY pleased and satisfied with the trajectory of the MCU. But I think "casual" and "normie" audience members are definitely feeling some fatigue. But for a Wanda movie to do well, it needs more than just the diehards to watch it. I would like to know more about the boundaries of Wanda's magic. Like what CAN'T she do with it? And why does her magic work only some of the time and not all of the time (that goes for Strange and Wong too)? Speaking strictly for myself, if I don't understand the powers of characters in superhero/fantasy films, nothing really means anything. People are just making up **** as they go along and the stakes go down to ZERO. At least in WandaVision, they introduced the whole "runes prevent other magic users from using their powers within them" thing. I thought that was a pretty interesting aspect to Wanda's magic that was kind of overshadowed by the other stuff that happened in the last couple of episodes. And visually speaking, it looks pretty cool. I was like, I don't remember Wanda doing that in the comic books. Or maybe I didn't read enough of them back in the day. Or maybe the show runners read a Runaways issue from a few years ago:

https://screenrant.com/scarlet-witch...unes-weakness/

Wanda's magic is like how time travel is used in the MCU. If you're gonna spend like HOURS explaining how changing the past can't change your future, but then later on show that it can, then what's the point of so much exposition? If Wanda learned how to use runes, why wouldn't she use them again later on? Or why would she mind-control only one dude in the MoM, but do it to thousands of people (at least) in AoU? Serialized storytelling can be compelling, but you have to keep up with more **** as opposed to the episodic format (which I STRONGLY prefer).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-27-2022 at 05:17 PM.

If a solo movie or show is happening before Young Avengers, I would like it if her solo was a self-contained story about her learning more about herself and Chthon (who would be the main villain), preferably with Agatha's help. But she would be still away from the "public", which would make a Children's Crusade adaptation possible, even without it being her return to the screen. I know people here don't want it, but I would love if it ended with her meeting Doom, especially if the old theories about MCU Latveria being Sokovia turned out to be true.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, my only worry for her future is that Feige still thinks they haven't done House of M enough already. Obviously she has a future and Feige isn't even trying to deny that she isn't dead.

I do wish they'd left her in a better place instead of (as I see it) wasting her last movie appearance for a few years. But the fact that she won't be in another movie for a few years is not concerning. Elizabeth Olsen really needs to do some non-MCU stuff for a while and I hope when she comes back it's in something good.
    The Fact that our Wanda in the MCU can go threw her worst Stories on the big screen & still come out as the most loved & desired to be seen more of then everyone else in that movie combined is not where I know we wanted to happen, but life gives us strange happenings of love and positives we never saw coming.

Good thing is that most fans now want her on a positive journey & Fiege & the MCU to make it up to her for that, that is the takeaway mostly from social media after todays news and before that as well.

We rather have the world we desire to see her in Gurkle, but reality is not like that, we take what life gives us, but indeed it gives us strange happenings of Love we never expected to have & that is a positive solace to take in all of this unlike her smearing in HoM.

So, I think we will see her Sooner rather then latter, but she is the Hottest character on the MCU market right now in a era that is turning out bland at best. We work with that going forward for MCU Wanda & have allot of massive strength working with our 616 Wanda’s Solo going forward.

Allot is happening for our Wandas right now and the world pays attention to every move them make.

P.S.~~ As for the No More Mutants thing, I doubt we see that, that was a Qusada Mandate to get rid of mutants because he did not like having many of them. The MCU has the opposite problem, they need many more & it will take the better part of the next decade to get them.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Boss Kevin Feige Teases Elizabeth Olsen’s MCU Return: ‘Anything’s Possible in the Multiverse’
    https://variety.com/2022/film/news/e...ge-1235384359/

Wanda sure did appear to have died — and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) certainly thought she had too. But not so fast, says Feige. “I don’t know that we saw her under rubble?” he says in upspeak. “I saw a tower coming down and a little red flash. I don’t know what that means.”

When pressed for specifics about where Wanda could reappear — to help launch Marvel’s future “X-Men” plans, in a stand-alone Scarlet Witch movie, an upcoming “Avengers” film, or even in “Agatha: Coven of Chaos,” the Disney+ spinoff of Kathryn Hahn’s fan-favorite “WandaVision” character, Agatha Harkness — Feige demurs and answers vaguely.

“There really is so much more to explore,” he says. “We still haven’t touched on many of her core storylines from the comics.”

“I’d work with Lizzie for another 100 years if we could,” Feige continues. But then he throws out one final hint before signing off. “Anything’s possible in the multiverse! We’ll have to see.”

For Olsen’s part, she says, “I don’t think any of these characters are ever really gone,” and she’d love to see Wanda head “toward some sort of redemption.” But she underlines that she doesn’t know anything yet: “I really don’t know my future. There’s nothing that has been agreed on.”

Indeed, this is nothing but good news on the MCU Wanda Front.

While I would not consider myself a Fan of Fiege or at least not as much anymore, he is still the go to guy for this franschise & the fact that he still seems to take an interest in Wanda’s character to such a degree is good to see. While they should have gotten their lesson before they got MoM out, it might have been to late to change their original plans for a Darker Wanda going forward for some time like originally planned but instead they burnt that negative Wanda all out in her worst stories in both WandaVision & now MoM.

It might be the beginning that Fiege, MCU Heads & Disney to a degree finally get what they have with our Wanda & now are starting to show they don’t want to waste her or Miss Olsen. Miss Olsen alone can run circles around most other actors, you get very few actors on Miss Olsen level in a lifetime, so Marvel does not want to waste the potential she has as well.

The MCU is also in a rut right now that can’t be denied, honestly it is at is lowest hype I have seen since 2013 until GotG came out. The MCU is missing a Mega Roster of heroes they used to have now after Endgame & since them they have been looking for the next ones. Taking off my Wanda Fandom, there is no denying Miss Olsen & Wanda Maximoff is one of their biggest stars right now & even making her go threw her worst stories only made her stronger, more popular, more desired for her to be a Hero like she should be & more content than any other character in the MCU right now outside of the Mutants or Deadpool.

So, the MCU needs surefire Mega Stars & Badly right now and Miss Olsen as Wanda is one of them.

This is at the very least a good start to Fiege & the MCU that they maybe finally getting it in what they have with them, the ship might have been to late to change for the Darker stories of MoM, but it seems they want to dive deeper into her more popular stories and our Wanda has many more good ones left now then bad ones & that is a good thing to look forward to now.

As for When this might happen, I expect sooner rather than later.

Not to sooner, Miss Olsen should get a chance to do other projects to her hearts desire & she seems to have that now. But what gets me that we might get sooner rather than later is how after she took her break after MoM that she wants on Jimmy Fallon & was by my surprised desiring to do more Wanda Content more then ever wanting her fans to get the MCU to desire more of it. Honestly, I think she want to do other projects but also seems to desire to keep working on playing Wanda, which is a good thing, I rather her be Happy more then anything playing the roles she wants.

If they increase her pay and give her more flexibility, then she might to more then we realize, but this should be mostly up to Miss Olsen and what makes her happy.

Finally, I don’t expect but hope, but I expect Disney & Fiege don’t want to wait to long to let the popularity of Wanda to dye down and will give up hints, leaks & other mini-projects, teases and even a project sooner rather than later to make sure the hit on this hype.

Time will tell, but Our 616 Wanda is in the Best Place she has ever been in & MCU Wanda is getting hinted at being desired to comeback & be used more.

So, allot to look forward to in being Wanda Fans, Keep the Love High & Support each other!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

The worry is mainly her next appearance still rehashing AD/HoM or other related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The worry is mainly her next appearance still rehashing AD/HoM or other related stuff.
    I felt like they already did that with ITMoM and WandaVision, so that would feel like more rehash. Not that it'd stop them. I just hope they'd realize how redundant it would be.

I still think really this was Feige giving the PC anything can happen but it's not really in the plans answers.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I felt like they already did that with ITMoM and WandaVision, so that would feel like more rehash. Not that it'd stop them. I just hope they'd realize how redundant it would be.

I still think really this was Feige giving the PC anything can happen but it's not really in the plans answers.
    I think it is the most we have heard out of him about this & while I don’t think he holds as much sway as he used to it is still good, he addresses this in such a at the very least important way to get the ball rolling.

It shows they have plans in the works & honestly likely have to start from the beginning because I don’t think they originally had longterm plans for Wanda until her popularity blew her up, now they are playing catch-up. The MCU to seem to be having more problems the last year or so being able to catch itself. It seems to be having trouble getting news and projects off the ground in this new phase and with the bust of D23 this year it did not help that image.

So, I expect we might get more news slowly down the line as it develops, but more then the MCU not be ready for Wanda’s popularity, they are also in a moment where they seem to be struggling to keep up with themselves. I still think things will happen, but they have allot of work to do.

As for worries of AD & HoM those are done as dirt at this point, MoM was AD & HoM hand elements in WandaVison to that. Also, they are going to take a Good Decade to get Mutants into the MCU so no mutants are very likely not a thing.

Even mores, they already got torpedoed by not following WandaVison & it’s ending. If they backtracked on the ending of MoM & did another Darker then Scarlet, then they really have a backlash that make MoM’s one look tame. They likely know now with no excuses of being in production or Covid they can’t screw with Wanda as much anymore cause of the legions behind her, the world watching & their own dirtied image of looking Anti-Woman with the choice in MoM.

They have allot to prove for themselves now & in the end Wanda is too Hot of a character in Marketing & $$$$ to keep her out of the Heroes light.

Scarlet Witch confirmed to return in the MCU and Hugh Jackman returning as Wolverine for Deadpool 3. Yesterday was a good day, but that should have been announced at D23.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Well if she is a part of launching the XMen rumor has it won’t happen till 20/5, because that’s when all the actor and producer contracts expire.

Wanda could appear in Agatha:,Coven of Chaos but that doesn’t come out until next year. I don’t think we’re seeing Wanda in anything this year, because they would have already announced it. The other projects that Wanda may appear are likely in early stages of development, and Disney keeps stuff secret until just before release.
    That rumor has been debunked.